Problems accessing office files

I operate a small office network with a desktop and laptop both running Vista
Business. The network includes a DNS-323 NAS drive connected via a Netgear
DGFV338 router. The NAs is configured in RAID1 format with two identical
Seagate hard drives.
The network was set up in September 2007 and ran fine until mid December
2009 when I began to have problems accessing files on the NAS drive. When
trying to open a Word, Excel or saved email file I get the "File In Use"
message  saying the files is locked for editing by "another user" even though
it is not open elsewhere.

Saving a newly created file to the NAS drive is fine but if I then edit it
and try to save the changes I get a similar message just saying that the file
is currenlty in use. Try again later.

It is slightly different when I try to open an email that I have saved in
Outlook Message Format – Unicode which is: "cannot open file - may not exist
- may not have permission - or may be open in another program" The
propoerties show I do have permission and it is not open elsewhere.

The same problems also arise when trying to access a shared folder on the
desktop pc on the network.

I don’t have problems opening jpg or pdf files it only seems to be Office
file formats that are affected.

the office 2010 beta has the Portuguese dictionary?
the office 2010 beta has the Portuguese language but do not have the dictionary! if there! Where can I go get the dictionary? ...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Access 97 executables and other versions of Access
I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as we don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and some of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer technology! We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms) into Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of Access due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are locked down). Do we need to purchase...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

problem #4

Access denied when forwarding
When I am working remote using webmail, after being logged on and receiving mail...when I try and forward a mail message I get a "access denied" error When I am logged on as a MAPI client....everything works fine. Any ideas? Thanks, Jeff ...

how to write vb code in access 2007
Version: MSAccess 2007 I have 3 fields in my database that contain currency. Field 1: PrincipleAmount Field 2: AmountPaid Field 3: AmountDue I have added a Command Button (cmdCalc) to the form. I need to write code that Subtracts Field2 from Field1 and returns the Balance in Field 3. I have no idea on how to gain access to and how to write code in MSAccess 2007. I can do this in VB6. Thanking You in Anticipation Julian On 15 dec, 13:29, tjbvo <tj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Version: MSAccess 2007 > > I have 3 fields in my database that conta...

Show file location in title bar?
Is there a way to make Excel or Word show the location of a file in the title bar. Right now, it just shows the name of the file. I was thinking in 2003, it showed the file location, or perhaps there was an option to show it? I can't find the same thing in 2007 and it would be extremely helpful to have it! I use template files with the same name (for easy searching) but save in different client folders, which is why I want it to display the full path. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. Thanks!! Add "Document Location" to the QAT. You'll find it in the "Com...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Software of scripting to grab data from MS word file and fill in Excel fields?
I have a 90 page financial report from MS word that I get each month. I would like to find a software package or scripting tool that will allow me to automate the process of grabbing #s from the ms word file and filling in fields in an excel file. I have a feel that there may be quite of programming involved in doing this. But perhaps there are some more efficient solutions out there. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Hi, Do the numbers appear in the same part of the word document each tim (eg always in the same row/column of the same table). If so, copyin the data into excel should be ...

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem