Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite

Hi,

I am using Office 2003 Professional version.  Up until recently I was able
to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003.  I had some computer
issues recently and had to reinstall some software.  I reinstalled Office as
well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens.
Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for
me and it is a real hassle.

I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated.

Thank you!

"redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Office 2003 Professional version.  Up until recently I was able
> to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003.  I had some
> computer
> issues recently and had to reinstall some software.  I reinstalled Office
> as
> well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens.
> Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down
> for
> me and it is a real hassle.
>
> I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

You need to run this.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/ha101686761033.aspx

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Michael

Blackberry Internet Email & Exch 2007
Greets... Have some Blackberrys that were using BB Internet Email connection. Worked fine with Exch. 2003. Now we upgraded to Exch. 2007 and Blackbery Internet Connection (via T-Mobile) gives us "Cannot connect to server". I think this is related to the old method of accessing via web: i.e. HTTPS:\\mail.company.com\exchange\username doesn't work the same under 2007. I've tried Https:\\mail.company.com\owa\username and that doesn't work either... Thanks, Cheesle Check out this link: http://www.blackberry.com/select/exchange2007/ cheers, Guga Varo Exchange Gr...

Publisher 2000

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

How do you enable Out of Office replies to go out of office?
I have tried ESM/Global Settings/Internet Message Format/Default/Properties/Advanced tab Exchange rich-text format: Determined by individual user settings Message text word wrap: never use ENABLED Allow out of office responses ENABLED Allow automatic replies ENABLED Allow automatic forward ENABLED Allow delivery reports ENABLED Allow non-delivery reports ENABLED Preserve sender's display name on message Out of office responses still go in-house only. Please help. Stop and start the SMTP service and the MTA. Worst case scenario is that you will have to stop and start all of the...

opening links in outlook

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Office X 10.1.2 Update Failed
I'm new to the Mac OS X although pretty experienced with Windows XP and Office. When I try to update my original install of Office X, I get error message 11002:2,-14. I read the Read Me and troubleshooting section, turned off the virus protection and removed the Microsoft Office Plugin file as directed in the troubleshooting. None of this helped. I noticed (remember I'm new to Macs) I can move a copy of the Microsoft Office X directory to another hard drive, and clicking on Entrouage or any program opens it just fine (including all the mail). Of course, that would be impossible in...

office prof 2003 upgrade
I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS website. Thanks for your help! Andrew wrote: >I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 >upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. >How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS >website. Thanks for your help! > > You may need this patc...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

active sync and exchange 2003
Hi, I am having major problems with getting active sync working. Our OWA folder in https://mail.domain.com/exchange 2003 is configured to require SSL and is Forms based with basic authentication. So I went the following location http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817379 and created another virtual directory called /ExchangeOMA as the microsoft KB aritical instructs. SSL is also set to required on https://mail.domain.com/oma and that works just fine. When I go to http://mail.domain.com/exchangeOMA it looks like it trying to come up with outlook web access but all the icons are ...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

OFFICE 2003 02-12-10
ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN EXCEL ANYMORE. INSTEAD OF OPENING THE PROGRAM, IT WENT TO WINDOWS INSTALLER AND JUST STOPPED.I REMOVED OFFICE 2003 FROM THE HARDDRIVE AND THEN REINSTALLED IT FROM THE DISK. HOWEVER, I AM GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE: "ERROR 1304 - ERROR WRITING TO FILE: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICEII\1033\XLINTL32.DLL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY " i WAS ABLE TO INSTALL "WORD" AND "OUTLOOCK" SEPARASTE;Y. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL "EXCEL" I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT CAN I DO TO...

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

opening links

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

Problem with office web components
Hi, I have problem with office web components. I use PivotTable and ChartSpace objects. Into PivotTable I have four columns and ChartSpace is connect to PivotTable. (myChartSpace.DataSource = myPivotTable) When I run the application PivotTable shows columns. Chart shows SeriesCollection of this columns. I want to show only two of four columns in Chart. I try to delete SeriesCollection. myChartSpace.Chart(0).SeriesCollection.Delete(2); myChartSpace.Chart(0).SeriesCollection.Delete(3); But this doesn`t work. I dont know if is this possible, when is ChartSpace connect to PivotTable. Whe...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...