Office Products

Hi,

I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com and
lost the following groups:
microsoft.public.excel
microsoft.public.excel.newusers
microsoft.public.powerpoint
microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are those no longer available?  Were those replaced by another group
name(s)?

Thanks,

Mark

0
MarkC

Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to
moderated forums.  Please visit:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office

MarkC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com and
> lost the following groups:
> microsoft.public.excel
> microsoft.public.excel.newusers
> microsoft.public.powerpoint
> microsoft.public.word.newusers
>

> Are those no longer available?  Were those replaced by another group
> name(s)?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mark

0
Leroy
6/6/2010 9:27:25 PM
Thank You,
Mark

"Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to moderated
> forums.  Please visit:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office
>
> MarkC wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com
>> and lost the following groups:
>> microsoft.public.excel
>> microsoft.public.excel.newusers
>> microsoft.public.powerpoint
>> microsoft.public.word.newusers
>>

>> Are those no longer available?  Were those replaced by another group
>> name(s)?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark

0
MarkC
6/6/2010 9:36:05 PM
On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:27:25 -0500, Leroy wrote:

> Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to
> moderated forums.  Please visit:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office

In addition to Leroy's answer, my company has a blog -

Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397

to help those who want to continue to use their Newsgroup client (reader)
to post and view forum messages in their Newsgroup client.

Instructions are also available at Microsoft Connect -

https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums

but our blog gives some step by step instructions that might simplify the
process for some.

There are TWO NNTP Bridges available.

* The Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in MSDN,
TechNet, Expression, and General Microsoft forums.

* The Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in Answers
forums only.

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
0
David
6/6/2010 10:08:21 PM
Unfortunately, the performance of the bridges -- both the two Microsoft ones
and the open source Community one -- leave a lot to be desired.

Assume you have setup a forum in Agent 6 and download current messages
through one of the bridges.  If you close Agent and close the bridge the
next time you startup the bridge and Agent and try to download new headers
from a forum with a few new headers but a large number of posts (i.e. 10K+)
you will wait for a very long time.  While Agent can identify and download a
few new headers from any size newsgroup in a few seconds the bridge
interface requires tens of minutes for large forums.

David Troxell - Encourager Software <C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:27:25 -0500, Leroy wrote:
>
>> Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to
>> moderated forums.  Please visit:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office
>
>In addition to Leroy's answer, my company has a blog -
>
>Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
>http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
>
>to help those who want to continue to use their Newsgroup client (reader)
>to post and view forum messages in their Newsgroup client.
>
>Instructions are also available at Microsoft Connect -
>
>https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums
>
>but our blog gives some step by step instructions that might simplify the
>process for some.
>
>There are TWO NNTP Bridges available.
>
>* The Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in MSDN,
>TechNet, Expression, and General Microsoft forums.
>
>* The Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in Answers
>forums only.
>
>David
>

>> MarkC wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com and
>>> lost the following groups:
>>> microsoft.public.excel
>>> microsoft.public.excel.newusers
>>> microsoft.public.powerpoint
>>> microsoft.public.word.newusers
>>>

>>> Are those no longer available?  Were those replaced by another group
>>> name(s)?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark

0
Stewart

office help
my computer crashed & when i reinstalled xp it is telling me to insert office cd to open excel but i can t find my cd, what can i do? thanks in advance find the cd. >-----Original Message----- >my computer crashed & when i reinstalled xp it is telling >me to insert office cd to open excel but i can t find my >cd, what can i do? >thanks in advance >. > Very helpful anonymous. For OP.... The following page has information on replacing a CD: How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=...

MS Project Office and PWA
This is a strange problem i am facing. One of the resources is having this problem. He has entered only 8 hours each in PWA for 2 weeks (80 hours). In project plan it shows that he has enetered 8 hours each for 4 weeks(160 hours). Any idea what might be causing this issue. This is just happning to one user and i am very sure that no one is manually updating Project Plan Are the hours being entered in a timesheet or My tasks page. Also, did the resource mark the task 100% complete. if it was a 4 week task and the resource marked 100% complete on it, Project will treat that as planned hou...

Locating a number for a MS office
I have lost the boklet that accompanies my CD. However, I am unable to locate a number to contact someone. Any thoughts. I think if you ever learned how to contact them directly, they'd put a hit out on you. (Seriously, visit the MS website and drill down through the tech support area until you find the numbers you need. Good luck.) -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "ziggy" <ziggyzaggy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a4c01c36747$0fb00a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have lost the boklet that...

Microsoft Office XP accounting
I'm trying to do an accounting project and the computer I'm on only has Microsoft XP Home Edition of Excel and therefore doesn't have the accounting number format in the 'format cells' option. Is there anything I can download to update this version so that I can get an 'A' on this project? Well, I've never been aware of a difference in cell formats. There is no "home" edition of Microsoft Excel. But here's a custom format that appears when Accounting with 2 decimals is chosen: _($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* "-"??_);_(@_) ******...

Ability to open Office 2007 beta files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6CA02.50783B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Has anyone received Word, Excel files from a windows Office 2007 beta2 = user? If so, can Mac Office X open them? thanks in advance... JoyEn ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6CA02.50783B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http...

Office Service Pack 3
My CD ROM does not work on my computer and I'm probably not going to get it fixed (will be getting a new computer later). Office Service Pack 3 automatically started and it asked for the Microsoft CD, which won't work on the computer. I had to cancel it. Now when I try to run Excel it wants to do an install and it asks for the CD. I can't get past this to open Excel. Is there a way to undo what this Service Pack started and go back to the way it was. I would rather have Excel without the Service Pack than not have Excel at all. Steve, Maybe... System Restore Start | ...

Office 2010 compatibility
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel With Office 2010 arriving soon, I was wondering whether my Office 2008 will have problems reading files created by my Windows colleagues. <br><br>classicmac Nobody can responsibly give you an absolute Yea or Nay. The file formats are the same as are the fundamental features. However, there will continue to be differences between the Windows & Mac apps. That is nothing new nor should it come as a surprise to anyone [although it does seem to :-)]. Some of those differences are OS-related &a...

Problem with installing Office information bridge Framework for MS
I have already sucessfully installed Microsoft Office Information Bridge Framework Server 1.0 (server component) and Microsoft Office Information Bridge Framework Client 1.5 (client component)(1.0 is not avaliable any more), and Information Bridge Framework for Microsoft CRM server components. But when I install Information Bridge Framework for Microsoft CRM client components, there is an error message as follows: SamrtTagRegistration.exe Application has been genenrated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xa24(2596), Thread id=0x164(356) Error 28000 Did anybody see th...

Will Office 2000 work in Win XP-Professional 64-bit version
Which of these products will work with Win XP-Professional 64-bit version 1. Microsoft Word 2000 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 3. Microsoft Publisher 2003 "vootsak" <vootsak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357F4C8F-0889-44C6-AF84-39C393026C4B@microsoft.com... > Which of these products will work with Win XP-Professional 64-bit version > > 1. Microsoft Word 2000 > > 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 > > 3. Microsoft Publisher 2003 > > Should but no absolute guarantee as there may be something else installed that will ...

addon products
I am new to ms crm, have put a few posts on this list recently. I am considering going with axonom powertrack core and their work flow module. I am concerned that on google web and groups there is only one single post on axonom and its from this group. Is anyone else using this product other then the one guy that recommended it a few months back in a post (Peter Lynch I belive it was). also, i am wondering if i am trying to take the easy way out by implimenting add on products from the beginning. I just don't want to sell a solution that is week and have to spend non justified hours cu...

Internationally recognized for quality tablets products
'Adipex' (http://www.korgnoise.net/tablets/adipex) weight los medications online or toll free. Adipex prescriptions include fre online medical ... Adipex. Adipex weight loss drugs are used as a appetite suppressant and are sometimes referred .. -- G12arr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- G12arry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3776 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57341 ...

Drop Down Menu on MAC Office 2001 not working
I am using MAC G5 with Mac Office 2001. The word drop down menu is not working properly, after reinstalling the software with the latest updates from the microsoft office website. Any suggestions ? I suggest removing the Word Settings (9) file. This should resolve this issue. For further information see the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article 288341: OFF2001: Menu or Submenu Appears Dimmed or Does Not Appear When Selected http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288341 -- Eric Olson [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

Created a 3rd Party product in Dexterity
Hi ya. I've just created my first small application to integrate with Great Plains. I entered in Version number information (major, minor, build) when I was creating the chunk file. Is that version number information stored in any existing Great Plains table at this time? Paula These numbers are not stored in any GP tables for ISV products. I would recommend using Major and Minor numbers to match the GP version you are integrating with and the build number as your reference. Please note that when creating a chunk, the Product ID MUST be provided to you from Great Plains. Yo...

Office 2004 won't install
I can't complete installation of Office 2004 on my Desktop PowerPC G4 = (OSX=20 10.3.3). Everything seems to go fine - putting in my user info, License = Key,=20 etc - until I try to open an application - Word, Excel etc. I get an = immediate=20 notice that something is wrong. I have sent a dozen of these notices off = to=20 Microsoft but haven't seen anyone else reporting such a problem. I then=20 installed=20 it fine on the kids' computer (Student version) so I know the install CD = wasn't bad. I combed my harddrive for lurking old test drive versions, = even=20 resorted to ...

where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go
where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go. I don't know why they don't give you the option of downloading and saving them before installing the various program updates and service packs. This way whenever I do a fresh reformat of my computer, i need to spend hours getting all the updates again off of the internet, where as if I could save thme, I would just have to re-install. Any help would be appreciated Don't know about Office 2000......never used it, but Office Download center offers you the choice of installing or saving to install file to disk....

Publisher w/ digital imaging incl'd in prof office?
I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't find the answer on microsoft anywhere. I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publisher 2003 w/ digital imaging comes in that suite. I am trying to decide what office to buy and that will make a huge impact on my decision. Thanks charles wrote: > I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't > find the answer on microsoft anywhere. > > I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use > publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publ...

How does one remove IRM from Office 2007 Docs
Hello, I had to rebuild my box today. Prior to the rebuild I moved all files from all profiles onto a remote drive. My files & docs were protected on the existing build. Once the new build was completed, I am unable to access most docs. The doc title is in green text and the following message sp9ins up when I select one of the docs- "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges (<drive>:\rebuild BU\file name) OS = Win XP SP3 Office = Office 2007 Thanks for any assistance~ Mark C. I have followed KB 308421 and still am not able to ga...

using outlook 20002 after using office 2003
I used for a month trial version of Office 2003, uninstalled today and installed back my old Office 2002, and issue started with Outlook. Whenever I try to click Send/Receive button I get a message 'The Operation Failed'. Outlook is not allowing even in the options to click the send/receive button. I am able to receive and send the messages but this issue is creeping me out. Help greatly appreciated. An "Operation Failed" Error Message Appears After You Click "Send and Receive" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354&Product=ou...

Office Small Bus 2007
I bought a new laptop with Windows 7. Installed Office Small Business 2007 successfully (so i thought) Then tried to open outlook, word etc and when I do it says preparing to install. And eventually saying MS office word (etc) is not set up for this user. Run set up again. So i try and run set up and get an error to do with a registry key not being able to be openened. I cannot even uninstall it as there is also a regsitry key error message. Can anyone help? Please! did you first uninstall the trial? "jmgreen" <jmgreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Key Product not being requignized for Office Product Standard Tri
Please help after I registered for free trial Office Project Standard it is not requignizing product key given to me ...

Publisher 2003 and Office 2007
I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. So If I install Standard, will it erase my Publisher 2003? I dont want this to happen, if it will. Is there a way to keep my Publisher 2003 after I install Standard 2007 The installation of Office 2007 shouldn't affect Publisher 2003. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "E R" <E R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7A401A-E059-489A-9D70-E72DB87FF49B@microsoft.com... >I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. > So If I install Stand...

slow printing in office 2004
After several hours of testing, I'm now pretty sure that Office 2004 and my HP psc 2175 don't mix well. Printing stops or stutters after half a page of printing in low res (fast draft) mode, with 2 pages on 1. The 'PrintJobMgr' takes up all available processor cycles, and printing proceeds at a very slow rate. I've done all I can with HP support, and the issue is not present when printing from Office X or any other program. I've seen one other post in the macfixit forum with another type of HP printer. Anyone else notice this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

Something Microsoft should add to IE and Office functionality
I was pricing a system build the other day on the internet by typing in what I found in Excel 2003. Then I thought, why can't I just drag these hyperlinks and text and prices to the spreadsheet cells? It doesn't work. I think it would definitely be a neat feature and productivity enhancement to allow for someone to either select text and then drag or drag a hyperlink to an excel cell to paste. Select text Ctrl+C Select Excel Cell Ctrl+V Don't come much easier than that! P "Joseph" <joeastral@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0e3501c38e7d$500f9300$a...

Office 2007 Names
I have a workbook that has range names starting with Chart and other range names that are offset from that one. I'm thinking at least 100 are affected. I know I can write a macro to change the names, and the series that use them, but why can't they start with Chart in Office 2007? This is going to be a lot of work to update. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt I cannot replicate the problem. I created 4 names, the first 3 being sheet level names and the last one a workbook level name. ChartBase =Sheet1!$F$1 ChartX =OFFSET(Sheet1!ChartBase,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$F:$F),1) ChartY =OFFSET(Shee...