Office Communicator- Can you create Chat Rooms within Communicator

I need to cross boarders with a live Chat room. I need to find out how I can
initiate a chat room for a group of 50 or 60 people.

Can anyone assist me? Can Communicator do this.

Can you help me make this string shorter?
I get an error message saying that my string is too complex. Can anyone see a way to streamline it?? =IIf(IsNull([costcode]) Or IsNull([costtype]),0,IIf([costcode]="013210" And [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtCraftLabEst],IIf([costcode]="020110" And [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtFirewatchLabEst],IIf([costcode]="064201" And [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtCraftSuprLabEst],IIf([costcode]="061301" And [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtQAQCSuprvLabEst],IIf([co...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Display names puzzle, can you help?
Here's my situation: We've acuquired a company, and now we're adding those users onto our mail system. I can deal with all the issues related to DNS, etc, but one real thorn in our side is the display names. This company used only "firstname@companyname.com" for an e-mail address, AND the real clincher is that they only use "firstname" as a display name. Our corporate standard as the aquiring company is to use firstname.lastname@company2name.com. However, this little company we bought has gone ahead and put employee pictures on the web (with only fi...

Out-of-office twin replies

Create Invoice to Customer before Invoice from Vendor is Received
We need to create Sales Order, then use it to create Purchase Order and transfer Order to Customer Invoice BEFORE we receive invoice from vendor. We are often doing drop shipments, and our drop shipment vendor bills us more slowly than we want to bill our customers. If we create PO from Order, then we cannot transfer Order to Invoice until we match vendor invoice to PO. We cannot afford to wait for Vendor bill - cash flow issues, you know. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggesti...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

how can I build an online store with frontpage 2003?
I like to build a user friendly dvd, cd online store. How can I do it using frontpage 2003 and where can I host this site? Do you intend to accept credit cards on this site? If so, I suggest you talk to your bankers before you go any further. For hosting you will need a server that supports PHP, ASP or asp.NET, together with a database server such as mySQL or MS SQL Server. You may also need a security certificate installed. PayPal can handle the credit card transactions for you, so you don't have to deal with those. For the site itself, look for a Shopping Cart appl...

Can I enter a 24 hour time without typing colon?
I am an inexperienced Excel user. I have a new job assignment where I have to enter a lot of data in spreadsheets. A lot of the data is time in 24 hour format such as 16:00 for 4pm. I am using the number pad and have to continually shift to the keyboard to enter the colon. The cells are formated for the 24 hour time. Is there a way I can just enter the four digits and have the colon inserted automatically without having to type the colon in? This would be similar to formating for currency or accouting where the decimal point and the commas are inserted automatically. See http...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Exchange 5.5
Hi We have an old NT box running exchange 5.5. I am trying to mov mailboxes to a new server running Windows 2000 with exchange 5.5. Bot servers are in the same site. I start the move as usual (hi-light mailbox, tools - move mailbox). enter the destination server (Windows 2000 server) and click ok. Th move mailbox progress box appears with the message "Opening th information store that belongs to username". The progress indicato moves from 0% to 1%m then stops. The mailbox I am moving is empty. have left the process to run for a couple of hours to no avail. When check ...

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

create csv which contains unicode
i want to create csv which contains unicode can anyone help me out Requirement is not clear. Use Excel to create the unicode content and then save as CSV or Unicode txt format. "archana" wrote: > i want to create csv which contains unicode > can anyone help me out ...

lookup text within string of text???
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? It's never consistant. This is the problem I'm having! Sales Reps enter...

Can't eliminate flicking of chart on every calculate
I am using Excel 2002. I have real time data being charted , and I manually calculate ranges and sheets as needed. This is not a problem. I have recently added charts to plot this data. Every time there is a recalculation anywhere on the sheet (even areas not being charted) the charts flicker. Since there is new data multiple times per second , this is a problem. Yes, I know about Application.DisplayAlerts = False, and tried inserting that before EVERY calculation call. I even went so far as to use the LockWindowUpdate api call, which freezes the entire app. Unfortunatel...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

Can I sort by 4 Criteria's
The sort box gives three, can there be 4 (through an Add-In or something)? Thank you for your consideration. John Highlight the sort range and sort by your lowest three criteria. Then sort again choosing your highest (main) criteria. Alternatively, you can join two or more fields together in a temporary column, and include this in your sort range as one of the sort fields. Hope this helps. Pete John13 wrote: > The sort box gives three, can there be 4 (through an Add-In or > something)? Thank you for your consideration. > > John John13 wrote: > The sort box gives thr...