Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents

Hi,

I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am
running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server
or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication.
Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document
download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint
2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled,
all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and
opens as expected and as in Office 2007.

Where is the setting or registry key to make Office 2010 work with IIS and
SharePoint configured to only use Basic Authentication? This can't be gone!
I know this is less secure but in an Intranet environment acceptable. This
is causing major trouble and a resolution or hint is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for a hint
Jascha

0
Jascha

For me the same :(
Unable to open data connection to the external sharepoint portal with the
"non-windows" credentials.

Try this solution:
open "regedit"
go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Internet
Create a registry key called BasicAuthLevel as a DWORD
And set it to 2

It works for me.

DMP 2010 How to Backup?
I have the agents installed and I had a couple of questions 1.) Which method do I choose? Disk Drive/Share/System State/Bare Metals 2.) What method should I use to backup my Hyper-Vs? Do I use the Disk Volume backup and make sure the directory is selected or do I use the Hyper-v and the child copy? 2.) What method should I use to backup my Hyper-Vs? Do I use the Disk Volume backup and make sure the directory is selected or do I use the Hyper-v and the child copy? You may backup the VM from under the Microsoft Hyper-V node. This method will give you an application consist...

Data-Exchange between Excel and Word-Documents
Hello, I have the following problem. I need something, which generates a Word-Document with information from the Excel- sheet. Do you know some help? Tini How much information from Excel do you need? There are many options. The most simple would be to copy from Excel (Ctrl+C) then paste into Word (Ctrl+V). Or from the Word menu, you could try Insert/File, select All File types, browse for your Excel file, click OK then pick the sheet you want to copy over. Formatting is lost when you do this though. Another option is to drag the Excel file from Windows Explorer into a Word...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Out-of-office twin replies

XML Fragment into new XML Document

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

?? Continual Open/Write/Close to CSTdioFile -- is there a better way
Hi I have an error log file (CStdioFile) to which I am logging errors using the WriteString method. However, if the program terminates prematurely, the file is empty (presumably due to lack of a Close being executed) and hence I can't see the key information that my program wrote to the file just prior to crashing I think that I can explicitly Open the file (using CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeNoTruncate) each time prior to writing a message, then write the message, and then close the file. However, this seems like a lot of unnecessary OS interaction Is there a way to write messages...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

combination document
Hi, I don't know if this is possible. I need to create a "tent document" with images on both "pages" this to print on one side of a sheet of A3 ( no problem so far) The other side of the paper has to be duplex printed with the WHOLE A3 sheet being filled with a text box wuth 2 columns of text. If I create this second side by inserting a page it too is of course in "tent" format and it is impossible to set up one text box across what are now called pages 3 and 4. Does anyone know if it is possible to set things up so that the first side (pages 1 and 2 are tent...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Operation failed using contacts in mass email
Hello, When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting operation failed in Outlook 2000. Any help is appreciated. .. How many contacts are you trying to send to ? Might be the ISP limiting you. Are these a list or direct emails ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "acaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182d01c3dfb2$f7d65f20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting > operation failed in Outlook 2000. > Any help is appreciated. > . > > Actually I a...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

open dialogue box
Can I print the Open dialogue box? I want to take a picture of all the listed documents in each Word folder to show the date and time they were created. Thank you. D. Ring You can take a screen shot, and insert it as an image into a Word file. Assuming you're using Windows with no other software hijacking the PrintScreen key, display the Open dialog box with the information you need, and press Alt+PrintScreen. This sends a copy of the current window to the clipboard. Then click in a blank Word document, and press Ctrl+V to paste the image into the Word docume...

how to get the shift in document's origin?
I'm scrolling my view automatically using SetScrollPos() of CScrollView when mouse moves out of its boundary. It's scrolling nicely but the it's not going into OnScrollBy function that I have put into my view. I wanted to know how to set new origin after scrolling the view using SetScrollPos() Any idea? Dhirendra SetScrollPos is not a method of CScrollView that would automatically scroll; all it would do would be to change the position of the scrollbar thumb in the scrollbar window. This is not the same as having the user scroll the scrollbar, which is what I read OnScrollBy...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can't convert a Word 2007 document to WordPerfect
I have a Word 2007 document that I need to convert to WordPerfect or to plain text. It seems to me in previous versions of Word I would be able to do this. It also won't let me copy and paste into WordPerfect. I get an error message saying "Error converting clipboard data". You shouldn't have to "convert" a Word document in order to open it using WordPerfect; depending on the version of WordPerfect, there could be a problem opening Word files saved with the .docx extension; saving to .doc will resolve any "unsupported file format" issues y...

How to: Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code
I need to : Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code and extract the file attachment. I have hundreds of these emails that we need the attachments extracted from. But the .msg files are on a hard drive. Someone help me out here.... I need the code to open and access the mailitem.... how do I open a .msg file? Use the CreateItemFromTemplate() method for that. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "B...

import contacts from another computer failing
I'm running Outlook 2003 on both machines. Trying to copy the contacts from one machine to the other by saving the pst with only the contacts (tried with/without compression and all the other options). Then going to the new machine and opening up the pst file. It keeps saying "file name.pst is not a personal folders file." any ideas? This used to work for me, but not any more. Any other ideas? I'd also like to add all the other computer's contacts into the new computer's outlook file. Can't seem to do that either. thank you "Mix Head"...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...