Office 2007 - New Microsoft Office Document / Open Microsoft Office Document

I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine.

I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts:

New Microsoft Office Document
Open Microsoft Office Document

I have a few questions,
1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft
Office Document window?
2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how?
3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document
window?

Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007.

Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated!

(B^>)-]=[

0
WSR

In article <ujqmRZcxKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, wsr203@hughes.net says...

> I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine.
>
> I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts:
>
> New Microsoft Office Document
> Open Microsoft Office Document
>
> I have a few questions,
> 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft
> Office Document window?
> 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how?
> 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document
> window?
>
> Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007.
>
> Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated!
>
> (B^>)-]=[

Here is one Office Tab program  http://www.officedocumenttab.com/

Use Google for others.
0
Zaidy036

Outlook 2007 DST/Time zone issue
I have a network with 4 computers running Office 2007, XP Pro connected to SBS2003. Outlook is connected to the Exchange 2003 component of SBS2003. Computers were deployed using a single, new image inside the last 3 months. New Zealand has had changes to the daylight savings change over dates, and as part of this process the required Microsoft Updates were deployed to the workstations, using WSUS, and applied to the server. Two of the computers have no problem, while two have an issue where calendar entries are 13 hours out. They appear to be defaulting to GMT, instead of NZT (GMT +1200)...

Data-Exchange between Excel and Word-Documents
Hello, I have the following problem. I need something, which generates a Word-Document with information from the Excel- sheet. Do you know some help? Tini How much information from Excel do you need? There are many options. The most simple would be to copy from Excel (Ctrl+C) then paste into Word (Ctrl+V). Or from the Word menu, you could try Insert/File, select All File types, browse for your Excel file, click OK then pick the sheet you want to copy over. Formatting is lost when you do this though. Another option is to drag the Excel file from Windows Explorer into a Word...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

mail merge from Microsoft Works Address book to make labels
I have 850 addresses in the Address Book located in Microsoft Works. I'm running XP and have Publisher 2003 and Word options to make these labels, but I can't seem to get either to locate this address book. Please HELP. I'm on a deadline Mellisa Hi Mellisa @ Midwest (Mellisa @ Midwest@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have 850 addresses in the Address Book located in Microsoft Works. || I'm running XP and have Publisher 2003 and Word options to make || these labels, but I can't seem to get either to locate this address || book. Please...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

combination document
Hi, I don't know if this is possible. I need to create a "tent document" with images on both "pages" this to print on one side of a sheet of A3 ( no problem so far) The other side of the paper has to be duplex printed with the WHOLE A3 sheet being filled with a text box wuth 2 columns of text. If I create this second side by inserting a page it too is of course in "tent" format and it is impossible to set up one text box across what are now called pages 3 and 4. Does anyone know if it is possible to set things up so that the first side (pages 1 and 2 are tent...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Make Outlook open a reply-to e-mail address
Hi I have a reply-to e-mail address in my inbox and when I click on it my other e-mail program Agent opens How do I configure Outlook to open instead? -- Martin ���� Is Outlook set as your default mail program? Check on the Programs tab of the Control Panel's Internet applet "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:p9gkc457bstk6g6u4f3qqhnt3fdt6mdeee@4ax.com... > > Hi > I have a reply-to e-mail address in my inbox and when I click on it my > other e-mail program Agent opens > How do I configure Outlook to open instead? On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:38:43 ...

creating an index for multiple pages within a visio document?
I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it. Is there an automated way to create an index from the name of each drawing? Thanks Carol in Roy WA There used to be an add-on "table of contents" but I have not it used in years in earlier versions, but try searching for it. "clemonwa" <clemonwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9728AA5-1529-41AC-940C-B275C9D5A1E7@microsoft.com... >I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it. Is there an >automated > way to create an index from the name of each drawing? > > Thanks &g...

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Access 2007 security warning...
Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the security warning on a packaged access 2007 database. I create and sign the database but it still seems to appear. Is the only way to purchase a signature off someone like thwate? Adrian If you used the self-signing certificate that comes with Office, that's only accepted on your own computer. The only solution I found was buying a code-signing certificate. If you are part of a Windows domain that includes a Certificate Server, you can probably generate the code-signing certificate there (for free). Then your users would have to trust your ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

how to get the shift in document's origin?
I'm scrolling my view automatically using SetScrollPos() of CScrollView when mouse moves out of its boundary. It's scrolling nicely but the it's not going into OnScrollBy function that I have put into my view. I wanted to know how to set new origin after scrolling the view using SetScrollPos() Any idea? Dhirendra SetScrollPos is not a method of CScrollView that would automatically scroll; all it would do would be to change the position of the scrollbar thumb in the scrollbar window. This is not the same as having the user scroll the scrollbar, which is what I read OnScrollBy...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office�98 Macintosh Edition Entourage�2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

Outlook 2007 not saving email passwords
Windows XP This issue has been dealt with using all the "known" methods to no avail. Outlook has been removed and reinstalled. Before reinstalling it, Outlook Express was set up and IT keeps the passwords fine. After reinstalling it, the same issue remains. Immediately after typing in the account information, clicking on the Test Account Settings brings up the dialog asking for the password as if it had never been typed in at all. Any good suggestions? Thanks, Fred "Fred Marshall" <fmarshallx@remove_the_x.acm.org> wrote in message news:e$mDQ3jkJHA.500@TK2MS...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...

Sharing Workbook 2007
Excel 2007 says you can have multiple users editing a workbook at same time using sharing. I can get this to work via a server using sever 2003 but when I share the file on a peer to peer network only the first person to open the file can edit it eveyone else gets a read only version. What am I doing worng. ...