Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated

When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his
copy of office is not activated.  It has been activated and when I check it
through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each
time the programs are opened.  I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete
the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but
the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is.

None of the Office 2008 programs will start
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I don't know why I run upgrades. Everything was running fine last week before I upgraded to Office 12.2.1 (originally installed from a legal disk. We're a legal shop here). I ran the upgrade on 6 different Macs but this one (Intel Mac OS 10.5.8) has come to a complete stop. Entourage and Powerpoint crash immediately and go to the Microsoft Error reporting loop. Word looks started but the first time I click or type anything to it, it goes to the Microsoft Error reporting loop. Excel begins with a "Not enough ...

Notify
Hi, my pc is running winxp & outlook 2003. Recently notify sound has no effect (no sound when mail received) even I enable this feature. Of course the speaker is on since other sound effect is alright. Furthermore the little notify envelope is only shown inside the hidden tool bar (at right bottom corner). So I do not know if I have new e-mail until open the inbox or expand the hidden tool bar. Thank you for assistance. Does the sound play from Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices? For the envelope; set the Notification Area options to always show that icon. For more info...

Office 2007 frustration
Hi, I'm sure this has probably come up before, but I could use some advice. I recently got a laptop with office 2007 (at my home desktop and at work I use excel 2003), and trying to use excel with the dreaded ribbon is driving me crazy. I am very comfortable with keyboard shortcuts in 2003 (I have accessibility issues that make it especially important), but 2007 seems ridiculously more complicated. Can anyone suggest any help sites or reference books that would make 2007 a bit more friendly? TIA Jim You really will get to like it Tyr this transition help http://www.microsoft.c...

Lost Microsoft Office XP Pro Disks
I have the above software loaded on my hard drive, but when I went to create a spreadsheet from the loan amortization template, it asked for my cd. I can't find any of them??? I do have the serial numbers and I remember registering the software, is there a way I can purchase a second copy, or upgrade without starting over? Thanks! ...

Office Installation Issue
I have installed Office 2007 on my new PC. This is running Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). My old PC had died and was running Windows Vista. The version of Office I am using is Office Enterprise 2007 for Home Use, which allows up to 3 installations. On day one the installation worked fine, the prodcut was activated and everything was working fine. On day two the product stopped working, giving message such as "Microsoft Office word has not been instaleld for the current user. Please run setup to install the application." I get similar messages for Excel, Outlook et...

Looking for sounds Office 2004
I'm looking for sounds for office 2004 - not the default sets that come with Office. I've seen a few - but they did not work with OS X products. Can anyone point me to a selection of sounds for Office 2004? I'm running OSX 10.3.5. and keep my OS updated with the security updates, etc. Thanks! Do you mean sound sets for Entourage? If so, you can find several here: <http://www.soundsetcentral.com/> On 10/8/04 3:38 PM, in article BD8C64F4.1366%njsmith@InfoSmiths.com, "Neva Smith" <njsmith@InfoSmiths.com> wrote: > I'm looking for sounds for office 2...

Accept, Tentative, or Decline buttons in Office 2000 Pre
Hello Anyone, I have been using Office 2000 Premium (Outlook) for a couple of years. I use to be able to respond to meeting request by opening the msg & hitting the Accept, Tentative, or Decline buttons. For some reason, these buttons do not display anymore. I have look thru the Toolbars, Options etc. & can't find were these were turned off. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? Thanks in advance Jim ...

how can i keep OE active with out having it open on my desktop? I
i want to use OE. But i do want to have a icon on my desktop or tool bar showing it is active. I also would like to know how to play a sound when mail arrives. I should think a way to have it in a tool bar at the bottom would be a way to make this work. But when I close the the icon on the desktop then OE quits working. If it would work like yahoo mail does it would be great. Lara wrote: > i want to use OE. But i do want to have a icon on my desktop or tool > bar showing it is active. I also would like to know how to play a > sound when mail arrives. I should think a way to have ...

Reinstall Microsoft Office Imaging as printer??
Do not know exactly what happen but Office Imaging Writer has been removed from my printer options. How do I go about reinstalling it to use as a printer? Tammy <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Do not know exactly what happen but Office Imaging Writer has been > removed from my printer options. How do I go about reinstalling it > to use as a printer? Try Help > Detect and Repair... -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Notify me of replies
I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a "Notification failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Hmm..despite getting the message, I received notification of a reply this morning - so I guess it works?! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Bud" wrote: > I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies&q...

XP and Office 2003 Updates
On Dec 9th, I got 9 overnight automatic updates installed for XP and Office 2003. The very next morning, my wireless adapter froze. I inserted the driver disk to reinstall, but found my CD/DVD drive wasn't working either. And I couldn't even get the computer to shut down. A hard reboot gets it all working again, but only for about 6 to 8 hours, then they freeze up again (or maybe it is caused by a few hours of inactivity). Downloaded the latest driver for the D-Link wireless adapter and reinstalled it, but to no avail. I've also got a few messages about "Wi...

Finding and installing additional Office Assistance for Office: Mac 2004
How can I find/install a different "office assistant?" The only one that came with Office 2004 is the goofy 'Mac' computer dude. I want my SupePup back like I had with the previous MS-Office vX. Can someone advise? Thanks in advance... Tim Get the assistants from the Value Pack on the Office X CD and put them (or just the one you want) in the hard drive/apps/ms office 2004/office/assistants folder. DM On 11/10/04 5:33 PM, "tliszt" wrote: > How can I find/install a different "office assistant?" > > The only one that came with Office 2004 i...

Outlook Office Button
Running MS Office 2007 with Vista Ultimate. When I open any of the MS Office applications, like Excel, Word, the Office Button shows in the upper left hand corner like it should. When I open Outlook it doesn't. I would like to have the Office Button open in Outlook also and I cannot find how to add it or even why it doesn't show. Could someone steer me in the right direction to add the Office Button on my Outlook? Thank you! OUtlook's main window does not use the new Ribbon - it is slated for = inclusion in the next version of Outlook. All of the functions within = Outloo...

cannot get office 2003 professional to install on my laptop
I just bought office 2003 professional. I am running Windows XP. When i put the disc in the pc, it is very slow reading it. Then, it will get stuck trying to read a file, and after a while i get a message that there is no CD in the drive. I have cleaned the disk. The disc drive will play a movie fine, and just yeserday downloaded office 97 professional with no apparent problems? I have tried several times to load, with the same result. I am using 25 digit product key. Am i mussing something? Thanks, Tonso ...

Out of office for my employees
Hi All! I was wondering if there is any way to set the Out of Office message for other people without having their user credentials? The way it is now I have to give my self rights on the mailbox or use OWA. Any easier way? I know that there is a program (http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/) but that is a bit expensive for my little organisation so... Any other ideas? Reg J�rgen Persson Network Admin Sweden ...

Office 2008 Deactivation
I have the Student and Home Edition. I will be selling the machine that this cd-key's installation resides on. Of course I will be wiping the drive and doing standard OS install. I want to be able to reuse the CD Key on my new Mac. How do I deactivate Office 2008 so it frees up the CD key to be reused on a new machine? MacOffice doesn't use activation in that way. Just wiping the drive is fine, nothing special to do additionally. secutorum@officeformac.com wrote: > I have the Student and Home Edition. > > I will be selling the machine that this cd-key's installation re...

2003 office excel
Will 2003 office excel chart a .csv file? A csv file is purely text, but if you read that data into Excel then it will exist within Excel in the same way that it would if you had typed the text intop Excel, so if Excel thinks that the text looks like numbers, Excel will treat them as numbers and you can make a chart from them -- David Biddulph "gford" <gford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E58671E7-2629-4F0E-B1A6-2A1947F43F70@microsoft.com... > Will 2003 office excel chart a .csv file? ...

Do I need outlook connector for office 2010 as with outlook 2007?
I see links to download the hotmail connector for office Outlook 2007, but not for the Beta trial, which I plan to get the full version when it's available. My phone runs on Windows Mobile 6.0, and I can't sync contacts with my pc without Outlook N Pietro wrote: > I see links to download the hotmail connector for office Outlook 2007, but > not for the Beta trial, which I plan to get the full version when it's > available. My phone runs on Windows Mobile 6.0, and I can't sync contacts > with my pc without Outlook This newsgroup discusses the rel...

Notify twice
Hi, I use SHCNE_CREATE | SHCNE_MKDIR with a particular folder to be notify if a file or a foler is created in it. It works well for a new folder but for a new file, Explorer notifies me twice. For each notification LPARAM is SHCNE_CREATE. WPARAM is the pidl corresponding to the new file created. To make it works well, I have to use a BOOL and check if I already treated that notification! Thanks! -- Normand Hi Normand, I have build a sample program and tested it on my side, is works as expected in my Windows 2000 system--notify once per new file: if( (m_hNotify = SHChangeNotif...

Out of office reply #9
I am using Outlook 2000 and wish to set up a out of office reply. Any ideas on how I do that? Thanks danielle On the Tools menu there is a option "Out of the Office Assistant", you can activate it and put an auto reply message. And do not forget to de-activate it when you come back. >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 2000 and wish to set up a out of >office reply. Any ideas on how I do that? > >Thanks > >danielle >. > Fernando Arellano wrote: > On the Tools menu there is a option "Out of the Office > Assistant", yo...

importing Back Office IDs "in" BP 4.0
Hello: There is a nice wizard that will allow you to tie a vendor "user" with that vendor's Back Office ID. If you have a lot of vendors, is there a way to import these vendors into Business Portal to tie them with their corresponding Back Office IDs so that you do not have to use the wizard to do this? Otherwise, using the wizard--as nice as it is--could be tedious and lengthy. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

how to activate the Windows-XP zipper
Hi NG When you install WinZip and you don't care about unchecking some buttons (associate WinZIP with ZIP-Archives), you don't have the functionality of WinXP for ZIP-folders anymore. Instead WinZIP appears, when doubleclicking an archive. There is a certain entry in the registry, where one can tell the system, who should handle the zip-files. Does anyone know, how this entry looks like? It's something like zip=xxx.dll, but I forgot the excat filename! Regards Richie ...

How to backup Office files
I want to backup my mail and calendar contents but don't know where the files are located. Does anyone no where the equivalent of the .pst files from the Windows world exist. Bob Gillen In article <1137120101.322845.214710@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, bob.gillen@gmail.com wrote: > I want to backup my mail and calendar contents but don't know where the > files are located. Does anyone no where the equivalent of the .pst > files from the Windows world exist. > Yes. Look for ~:Documents:Microsoft User Data:Office <X/2004> Identities:<your accoun...

Office XP "categories" in Office 2007
I use to use Office XP and I could "categories" or use key words associated with a contact - ie I could put type of business, group or person I met them from, client or vendor ect, ect. Then I could search by the "category" or key word using a drop down box that listed all of them. Office 2007 has six colors to choose from that are considered categories. I need 30+ categories that I can name myself. Can someone tell me how to do this in 2007 if possible. Much appreciated. http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/colorcat/upgrade.asp -- Russ Valentine "...

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...