No text converter is installed for ppt

My computer is running Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007. When I try to open a
PPT I get, No text converter is installed for this file type. I am sure power
point is installed and was able to open and run presentations.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Regards
Raj

In article <195F8B98-7016-4346-A33D-91BC75E07DAE@microsoft.com>, Raj wrote:
> My computer is running Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007. When I try to open a
> PPT I get, No text converter is installed for this file type. I am sure power
> point is installed and was able to open and run presentations.

This message might mean that your PowerPoint file is corrupt.  Do you have a
backup copy of the file to try opening?

Also, are you up to date on service packs for Office and the PowerPoint viewer,
if you're using it?

0
Steve

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Converting from intenet email to Exchange
I am converting from a 3rd party email solution called borderware to exchange. currently our names email addresses are made of first initial last name. We would like to transfer all individual .pst files to the new exchange server with a new email account name. We are running Win2000 Acitve Directory and have created to logons with the firstname.lastname scheme. So finally my question, what is the easiest way to convert my current email accounts to the new active directory account name and bring the pst. file over to exchange..hope someone can help !!!! In Outlook - You can setup a new profil...

installing new program
how many times can office excel 2007 be installed Read your Excel 2007 Software License Terms. Section 2 "Installation and Use Rights" tells you how many computers (and what types of computers) you can install your copy of Excel on. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA012340811033.aspx "Read the Microsoft Software License Terms" for more information. worknpoman wrote: > how many times can office excel 2007 be installed ...

CScrollView and text height

Convert UPPER CASE to Lower Case?
I have an worksheet that has 2000 names all in upper case. I want to convert them to "proper" names. I can't figure out how to do it. The sheet has: Column A FIRST MIDDLE LAST and I want First Middle Last For all the rows. Thanks for your help. =Proper(A2) in B2 and copy down -- HTH Bob Phillips "Newbie" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23ERXXeVjFHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have an worksheet that has 2000 names all in upper case. I want to > convert them to "proper" names. I can't figure out how to do it. > &...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

How to convert a Chinese registry value from within a US code page?
First of all, our Win32 MFC VC++ app is not written in Unicode as it should have been. Given that - it reads uninstall information from the windows Uninstall registry tree and writes it to a report. It writes out the displayname of the application. Normally this is not a problem, but when it encounters a Chinese application name, it displays the name as question marks. I assume this is because the string is in Unicode in the registry, but our app is not Unicode so it can't represent the characters. Unfortunately for the moment, converting this very large app to Unicode is not an o...

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

Can no longer convert WMA lossless
Running Vista SP2 with Win Updates. WMP can no longer convert WMA lossless, which is too bad b/c my entire collection is in that format. E.g. when trying to sync to an mp3 player, the Sync panel first shows an attempt to convert each song, but each ends in an error ("cannot access the file"). This is limited to WMA lossless. Other formats sync fine. Notable is that I had the trial version of dBpoweramp installed for awhile, but now it's outta there. Maybe it messed with WMP DLLs, e.g. gave me a "better" one, then removed it and didn't even leav...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd
hello, Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search. Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)" Me.Filter = strFilter Me.FilterOn = True CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError End Sub Thanks in advance for your help. -- H. Frank Situmorang You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute method, but you haven't assigned anything to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access M...