Microsoft Office 2003

Hi
I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista.
For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the
following message:  "the expected version of your product was not found".
Any idea what might be wrong?

Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time. If
you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to
newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused.

Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman:
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=762

Or it could be related to this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909074

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"shaz" <shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista.
> For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the
> following message:  "the expected version of your product was not found".
> Any idea what might be wrong?

0
Susan
2/2/2010 11:47:01 PM
And in any case, unless you paid extra for Office 2007 its probably a Trial

"shaz" <shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista.
> For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the
> following message:  "the expected version of your product was not found".
> Any idea what might be wrong?

0
DL
2/3/2010 12:05:16 AM
I have deleted Office 2003 from my laptop and installed it on my external
drive.  However I still dont seem to be able to update it.  Any ideas why?

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:

> Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time. If
> you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to
> newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused.
>
> Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman:
> http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=762
>
> Or it could be related to this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909074
>
> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "shaz" <shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista.
> > For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the
> > following message:  "the expected version of your product was not found".
> > Any idea what might be wrong?

Because it's still installed on the same operating system, and the Windows
Installer is still confused.

Is Office 2007 the Trial, or did you purchase it?

--
Susan Ramlet
--

> I have deleted Office 2003 from my laptop and installed it on my external
> drive.  However I still dont seem to be able to update it.  Any ideas why?
>
> "Susan Ramlet" wrote:
>
>> Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time.
>> If
>> you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to
>> newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused.
>>
>> Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman:
>> http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=762
>>
>> Or it could be related to this:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909074
>>
>> --
>> Susan Ramlet
>> --
>> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> "shaz" <shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and
>> > Vista.
>> > For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the
>> > following message:  "the expected version of your product was not
>> > found".
>> > Any idea what might be wrong?

0
Susan
2/3/2010 1:47:02 AM
Because it wasn't designed to run from an external drive?

shaz wrote:

> I have deleted Office 2003 from my laptop and installed it on my external
> drive.  However I still dont seem to be able to update it.  Any ideas why?
>
> "Susan Ramlet" wrote:
>

>>Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time. If
>>you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to
>>newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused.
>>
>>Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman:
>>http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=762
>>
>>Or it could be related to this:
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909074
>>
>>--
>>Susan Ramlet
>>--
>>please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>>"shaz" <shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi
>>>I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista.
>>>For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the
>>>following message:  "the expected version of your product was not found".
>>>Any idea what might be wrong?

0
Bob

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

Outlook 2003 12-08-09
I get the following message when I try to launch a link from a email message This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator. How do I correct this problem See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Joe Giambrone" <JoeGiambrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C313722-B094-47A2-8847-081D42289D7C@microsoft.com... >I get th...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

BDL and Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I installed BDL in my workstation (Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled) with Office 2003 Standard edition. The toolbar "Insert From CRM" shows, but when I click it, nothing happens. No task pane shows for CRM entities, though my task pane is visible. Does anyone experienced the same dilemma? Please advise. ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

stopping spam on exchange 2003
I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 come with it's own filter? Thanks for any help in advance. see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867633/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O911S97FHHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our >company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 >com...

AutoReply Out Of Office Messages
In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first message sent to that person. I seem to remember a setting to recieve it with every message, while the out of office is on. Anyone know where??????? Shawn C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto > reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first > message sent to that person. That's the way it's supposed to work. -- Brian Tillman ...

Microsoft Promo

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook 2003 Contact missing that have physical addresses
I noticed a few contact missing earlier this week and didn't think anything of it until tonight. All my contacts that had a physical street address are gone. I've tried changing views, unchecking the email address list, backing up from pst (but it had just backed up on the 22nd so it looks the same). These are all my real addresses. Can anyone help. No recent software changes except the two from MS this week about security in outlook and spam-email filter EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Missing from where? If the Outlook Address Book, th...

Window 2003 x64
All, We're in the process of installing great plains and we just received our window 2003 software but it came as x64 instead of the requested x86. I understand that x86 is 32 bit and x64 is 64 bit. What I'm trying to find out is there any benefit to installing 64 bit and are there any limitation or issues with applications such as with SQL Server 2005 and other. Jamal I use x64 server 2003 with x64 Sql05. One of the big advantages is additional ram that x64 can address natively. You will need to get the x64 edition of SQL to run it, though. -- Gigabyte Tech "Jam...

Can not turn Out of Office autoreply off
I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! I can not find any information on how to disable it now. Help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance... "rdlari" <rdlari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA44F8F9-3C34-4800-95D8-238EEB6551EF@microsoft.com... >I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. > > I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! > I can not find any information on how to ...

BCC for exchange 2003 is not working
Hi Everyone, I have exchange 2003 server and for some reason when an outside email with bcc to a user. The exchange does not recognise it. Any suggestion? thank you regards Andrew Tan Stop using POP3 "connector". AT wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have exchange 2003 server and for some reason when an outside email with > bcc to a user. The exchange does not recognise it. Any suggestion? > > thank you > > regards > Andrew Tan If I don't used POP3 connector.. what can I used? thank you rgs AT "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.m...

microsoft XL