Microsoft Office 2000 and Microsoft Vista

I have Office 2000 and cannot seem to install the Service packs for it.  I am 
running Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 2 on the machine.  Are the 
Microsoft Office service packs compatable with Windows Vista?

Thanks
Kevin

0
Utf
12/9/2009 10:32:55 PM
office.misc 2235 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
798 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

You gave yourself permission to do this?

Kevin wrote:

> I have Office 2000 and cannot seem to install the Service packs for it.  I am 
> running Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 2 on the machine.  Are the 
> Microsoft Office service packs compatable with Windows Vista?
> 
> Thanks
> Kevin
> 

0
Bob
12/9/2009 10:51:11 PM
These are the errors generated when I try and run the Service pack 1a.

 Starting execution.
Command line: /c /L2
Opening the patch source file, 
C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP002.TMP\source.ini.
Searching installed products.
Detected the following products for patching:
	{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00010409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	Microsoft Office 2000 Standard (9.0.2720), 
{00020409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is patchable.
	{00030409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00100409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00110409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00120409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00130409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00160409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	Microsoft Word 2000 SR-1 (9.0.3821), {00170409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is already patched.
	{00180409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00040409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00140409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{004A0409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{00150409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
		Product is not installed.
	{3C5E0FF2-BE09-11D1-998E-00A0C90A43B3}
		Product is not installed.
The following patches are applicable:
	Office 2000 SR-1 Core Update, {0DC0F122-1B1C-11D4-AED6-00C04F022C53}
		Location: 
http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000prem/Update/3821h/WIN98/EN-US/data1.msp
The version of IE installed on the computer is 8.0.6001.18702
IE has already been updated to the level of Office 2000 SR-1 or above
Error: The file, 
C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\sr1patch\{0DC0F122-1B1C-11D4-AED6-00C04F022C53}, has an invalid size.
Beginning download of 
http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000prem/Update/3821h/WIN98/EN-US/data1.msp.
Finished downloading 
http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000prem/Update/3821h/WIN98/EN-US/data1.msp.
Error: The file, 
C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\sr1patch\{0DC0F122-1B1C-11D4-AED6-00C04F022C53}, has an invalid size.
Error: The Office 2000 SR-1 Core Update patch is missing or invalid.
Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 setup ended prematurely because of an error.


"Kevin" wrote:

> I have Office 2000 and cannot seem to install the Service packs for it.  I am 
> running Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 2 on the machine.  Are the 
> Microsoft Office service packs compatable with Windows Vista?
> 
> Thanks
> Kevin
> 
0
Utf
12/9/2009 11:30:29 PM
Did you install Office 2000 in Vista or was this an Upgrade. On the 
surface it looks like the registry entries don't exist. I would attempt 
Uninstall/reinstall of Office and then install the Service Pack.

Kevin wrote:
> These are the errors generated when I try and run the Service pack 1a.
> 
>  Starting execution.
> Command line: /c /L2
> Opening the patch source file, 
> C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP002.TMP\source.ini.
> Searching installed products.
> Detected the following products for patching:
> 	{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00010409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	Microsoft Office 2000 Standard (9.0.2720), 
> {00020409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is patchable.
> 	{00030409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00100409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00110409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00120409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00130409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00160409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	Microsoft Word 2000 SR-1 (9.0.3821), {00170409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is already patched.
> 	{00180409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00040409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00140409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{004A0409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{00150409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
> 		Product is not installed.
> 	{3C5E0FF2-BE09-11D1-998E-00A0C90A43B3}
> 		Product is not installed.
> The following patches are applicable:
> 	Office 2000 SR-1 Core Update, {0DC0F122-1B1C-11D4-AED6-00C04F022C53}
> 		Location: 
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000prem/Update/3821h/WIN98/EN-US/data1.msp
> The version of IE installed on the computer is 8.0.6001.18702
> IE has already been updated to the level of Office 2000 SR-1 or above
> Error: The file, 
> C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\sr1patch\{0DC0F122-1B1C-11D4-AED6-00C04F022C53}, has an invalid size.
> Beginning download of 
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000prem/Update/3821h/WIN98/EN-US/data1.msp.
> Finished downloading 
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000prem/Update/3821h/WIN98/EN-US/data1.msp.
> Error: The file, 
> C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\sr1patch\{0DC0F122-1B1C-11D4-AED6-00C04F022C53}, has an invalid size.
> Error: The Office 2000 SR-1 Core Update patch is missing or invalid.
> Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 setup ended prematurely because of an error.
> 
> 
> "Kevin" wrote:
> 
> 
>>I have Office 2000 and cannot seem to install the Service packs for it.  I am 
>>running Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 2 on the machine.  Are the 
>>Microsoft Office service packs compatable with Windows Vista?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Kevin
>>

0
Bob
12/10/2009 1:14:38 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Converting Access 2000 database to Access 2007
Hello, I converted Access2000 database to Access2007. And it does not work properly at all. There are windows XP and, Ms office2007 loaded on my computer. The directory with Database is Trusted. Activated is option "Show message bar in all applications where content has been blocked". Activated is option “Enable all macros” Activated is Show all actions in macro Design. First I cannot get rid of yellow triangles (with exclamation) in the beginning of macro rows for some actions like: Echo, SetValue, Close…… SetValue row (with yellow triangle) is not executed. The ...

Outlook 2002 blocks me from using Word 2000 as e-mail editor
The area in tools that allows me to choose Word as my default e-mail editor is blocked out and I am unable to check this. Is there a fix to allow Outlook 2002 to see my Word 2000 or will I need to buy Word 2002 in order for this to happen? Thank you in advance for any help that you could give in this area. Rich Prouty prouty@pobox.com ...

FW: Install the corrective patch which comes from the Microsoft
--zxwzjaqijrjcpu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jxpilpasyedxrkci"; type="multipart/alternative" --jxpilpasyedxrkci Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kkiddyfi" --kkiddyfi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from the...

Obscure Outlook 2000/PAB question
Hi All, It's me again with another obscure Outlook 2000 query :) OK, one of my user's is creating a blank e-mail, pasting in template text, adding a PAB personal address book entry (this is a kind of distribution list contain 'x' amount of external email addresses) and then moving/copying this e-mail into the 'drafts' folder of a secondary, shared mailbox. He hopes to create a slew of these emails for colleagues of his who also have access to this shared mailbox.... This is where the problem begins. His colleagues then merrily go into the drafts folder of the s...

can not send my attachments from microsoft word
was reading others problems, i have a free trail of norton on computer, could this be the problem? and if so is there away to change setting so i can have full use of my computer with out loseing protection? thanks "brit_minor" <brit_minor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C41CDA9-DB66-4C63-9580-53246A811F5A@microsoft.com... > was reading others problems, i have a free trail of norton on computer, > could > this be the problem? and if so is there away to change setting so i can > have > full use of my computer with out loseing pro...

TAG Heuer 2000 AquaRacer Watch, Popular Wristwatch
TAG Heuer 2000 AquaRacer Watch, Popular Wristwatch Popular Watches: http://www.watchebay.net/ TAG Heuer Watches: http://www.watchebay.net/TAG-Heuer-Watches.html TAG Heuer 2000 AquaRacer Watch: http://www.watchebay.net/TAG-Heuer-2000-AquaRacer.html TAG Heuer 2000 AquaRacer All Hot Luxury Wristwatch : Tag Heuer 2000 Aquaracer Diamond Pink Ladies Watch WAF141A.BA0813 : http://www.watchebay.net/Tag-Heuer-2000-Aquaracer-Diamond-Pink-Ladies-Watch-WAF141A.BA0813.html Tag Heuer 2000 Aquaracer Ladies Watch WAF1410.BA0812 : http://www.watchebay.net/Tag-Heuer-2000-Aquaracer-Ladies-Watch-WAF1410.BA0...

Office standard key for home student trial?
We recently purchased a netbook, and we would like to put our Office standard 2007 on it. The salesman told us we could just input the product key and it would unlock it on the netbook. Unfortunately our program is Office standard and the trial is for Office Home and Student. Since Standard has more than Home and Student I would think it would unlock it but it isnt. Any suggestions? We just bought office and we don't want to buy another one. Since the netbook doesn't have a CD drive how can we install Office without buying it again. Andi24, You don't have ...

move Office 2003 from old laptop to new laptop
I want to deinstall Office from an old laptop I have so I can install it on a new laptop. I have the Office 2003 installation CD but can't locate the product key. How can I determine what the product key is so I can install the software on my new laptop? Thanks. Use this to retrieve it from the old laptop http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ Rob DeBruin wrote: > I want to deinstall Office from an old laptop I have so I can install it on a > new laptop. I have the Office 2003 installation CD but can't locate the > product key. How can I determine w...

odbc connection fails in Office 2010
i recently got a new computer with win7, and also purchased Office 2010. A database that i have had for years is producing odbc connection failed errors. i had no problems with 2007 (with win7). i have gone throught the "sandbox" security change in the registry that i found in the online help. i have also added it to trusted sites, enabled macros, but still no luck. the test connection in odbc administrator works fine. On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:33:01 -0700, magick <magick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What is the exact error? What is the app trying to do...

Outlook 2000 hangs when exit
Sir/Madam, When i tried to log off my Outlook 2000 its hanging. I installed Outlook 2000 in Windows XP Pro. I configured my Exchange server and MS Mail postoffice together as how i configured in my Windows 2000. But when i try to logoff the appliation, its not getting exited. In taskmanager, unless i end task MAPISP32.EXE and OUTLOOK.EXE application is not closing. Then, when i removed either Exchange server or Microsoft Mail, now my outlook closes successfully. What could be the issue. Reply me at the earliest. Regards Ravishankar V K ...

Pics in Pub 2000 docs are distorted when view in Pub 2003? Help?
Some pictures that are on pages in my Publisher 2000 documents are showing up distorted when I open the document/file in Publisher 2003. Any ideas? These are embedded pics. Thanks. WordArt? WordArt objects in a Publisher 2000 publication may appear distorted when opened in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826358 Can you adjust the images? Or re-insert? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLC" <CLC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CCE5A98-E8B3-4F...

Does USA Office have UK English spell checker?
Title says it all. I am just wondering? Robin Yes, it does. You have to specifically inform Word to use the UK checker by tagging the text as UK English, however, either via Tools | Language or changing the Language setting in the style definition. On 10/15/04 12:12 AM, "Robin Jackson" wrote: > Title says it all. > > I am just wondering? > > Robin > -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ ...

Unable to use my Office suite
Someone tried to hack and convert my about to expire office suite to a full version months after I started using it. He did not succeed, so my office suite expired. I tried to uninstall in order to install a fresh one, uninstaller was not well done, I tried installing a fresh office suite yet It is not possible what can I do? You can order a legal copy of Office 2007 for your own use on two systems from here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Dsoftware&field-keywords=office+2007+professional&sprefix=Office+2007 Please let me know if this s...

Excel 2000- protect one column- can only be modified by one person
I need to lock one column that can only be modified by one person. Can this be done? Joe There's nothing in Excel 2000 to set user range permissions. That feature was added in Excel 2002. fyi. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "lunker55" <joec@shipwaystairs.com> wrote in message news:ObkUI8VAEHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... | I need to lock one column that can only be modified by one person. Can this | be done? | | Joe | | Thanks Jim "Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O6t8%23rWAEHA.1420@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > There's nothing in E...

New 10-9-07 Office update Danger!! Word erased from HD!
Help!! I just downloaded the Mac Office update (the one issued on 10-9-07) through the Microsoft Auto update app, and the updated died in mid- update with an error message saying that the updated encountered an "unknown problem" and could not finish the update. I then clicked on the Word icon on the Dock to see if Office was still functional, and to my complete surprise, Word failed to load and displayed an error message I've never seen before that stated "application not authorized on this platform." Immediately afterwards, the Word icon on the Mac Dock went gray an...

Can office small business 2003 be upgraded to professional 2007
I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business version? John in MN wrote: >I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can >I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have >all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business >version? > > Yes you can upgrade to Office 2007 Professional and the good news is...

Exchange 2000 : Can't hide Domain Admin owned mailboxes
We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Our postmaster doesn't have domain admin status and we don't want to change that if possible. In Active Directory Users & Computers, the postmaster can hide any Exchange 2000 mailbox except the ones that belong to domain admin accounts. The message «Access Denied» is shown when trying the command Is it normal ? Is there a solution other than giving domain admin status to the postmaster ? "R. Garant" <richard.garant@saaq.gouv.qc.ca.invalid> wrote: >We are currently migrating from Excha...

office
How to start excel macro directly from a cmd Tools > Macro > Macros > then select the macro of interest by name and click RUN..... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "duki" <duki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58329038-44B0-48DB-A4F6-A5F1D2385777@microsoft.com... > How to start excel macro directly from a cmd Macros cannot be invoked from the command line. You can, however, add Workbook_Open code in the ThisWorkbook module which will run a macro when the workbook is opened via the command line. Or Auto_Open code in a general module. Assuming t...

Disaster recovery: ExchSrvr 2000 Db (corrupt) needs to be moved to ExchSrvr 2003 system
My client has been through the following scenario. Running Windows 2000 Server, and Exchange Server 2000. A huge power spike killed the server outright. System board, memory, controller cards, everything - damaged beyond repair. However, the hard drive was salvaged and recovered, and a copy of the database files made. (Simple OS copy - no utils involved.) This (hugely) corrupt database now has to be brought back onto a Windows Server 2003 system running Exchange Server 2003. What are the odds on getting this right? Odie -- Retrodata www.retrodata.co.uk Globally Local Data Recovery Ex...

Is Office 07 Ultimate genuine through agogopay?
I have just received my copy of MS Office 2007 Ultimate. I purchased it through Agogopay and PayPal and wonder if I have a genuine product. It has a registration number ending MMQDT. Please help and thank you. taniaszabo@hotmail.com You know what they say... beware of deals that sound too good to be true, because they usually are. If you do a Google search for agogopay, you'll find lots of complaints that they are not a legitimate vendor. Tasznia wrote: > I have just received my copy of MS Office 2007 Ultimate. I purchased it > through Agogopay and PayPal and...

Microsoft Access 03-07-08
I need to set up a date notification from access to my Microsoft Calendar but I don't have a clue how to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions on this subject? Christie Hi Christie, Not sure what you mean by "my Microsoft Calendar", but if you need to send data from Access to Outlook, try this MSDN article: Using Automation in Microsoft Office Access 2003 to Work with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa159619(office.11).aspx Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ http://www.access.qbu...

office max 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel currently have 2 mac PCs and a macbook and installed office mac 2008 on one PC and the macbook. The 2nd PC will not accept the download of office mac. I have attempted this twice. Is it because the product id has been used already? <kksylvas@officeformac.com> wrote: > currently have 2 mac PCs and a macbook and installed office mac 2008 on > one PC and the macbook. The 2nd PC will not accept the download of > office mac. I have attempted this twice. Is it because the product id > has been used already?...

MOIBF for Microsoft CRM, client install error 28001
I've not been able to get the client installer to work. The reported error (on installation) is 28001. Setup is unable to retreive the URL for the smart tag refresh from the information bridge metadata service ...

Office Ultimate 2007 installation problem.
I bought Office Ultimate 2007 on the Microsoft site and downloaded it. (It was with student discount. I am not sure whether I am eligible to tech support). My computer has Windows XP. Has 2GB of RAM memory and 2.8 GHz speed. After downloading application from Microsoft site I attempted to install it. Installation got stuck on the "Error 1309 - Error reading from file e:\sku011.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Setup failed. Rolling back changes" E:\ is on my computer DVD drive and I was installing it from a file so it should not look ...

Microsoft word for a mac
Version: 2008 My microsoft word for mac got into the trash( on my computer) somehow, and now it wont relaunch even though I dragged it out of the trash and put it back into the bar. What can I do to fix it? If your reference to "the bar" actually means the OS X Dock, the icons there are *not* the programs themselves. They are simply links to the respective applictions. Look in the Microsoft Office 2008 folder in your Applications folder to determine whether the program is there. If it is, double-click it to see if Word will launch. Assuming it does, drag the Word icon to...