Lost Recent Documents List

Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office
applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix
this?

SeattleMike56 wrote:

> Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office
> applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix
> this?

You haven't said the version of your Office but assuming you are using
Office 2007, then open Word 2007 and try this:

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
2. Click Advanced.
3. Under Display, in the Show this number of Recent Documents list,
click the number of files that you want to display.

For other applications, the procedure is the same.  If you are using
Office 2003, then please let us know so that step by step can be given.

hth
0
ANONYMOUS

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Find documents containing hyperlinks
Hello, I would like to be able to run a search over multiple documents (i.e., all docs within a folder) to determine which ones contain hyperlinks. I don't need to replace or turn them off; I would only like a list of which docs contain hyperlinks--even if the links are within the same document. Of course, I don't want to have to open the docs. Possible? Many thanks... You could do it by modifying the code in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

How do I make a document editable?
I have eleven pages of text that I've transferred over on a USB port, from Word 2003 to Word 2007. When I open it, I can't edit it at all. I can only read it. How can I make the entire document editable? What happens when you try? Are there any warning messages, or status bar messages? Has your Word 2007 trial expired? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<&g...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Accessing documents in public folders slow after move
I originally had a single server Exchange 2000 orgnization and decided to upgrade to Exchange 2003 by adding a an Exchange 2003 server and performing the steps in kb art. 822931, "How to Remove the First Exchange 2003 Server Computer from the Site". I have not uninstalled Exchange from the original server yet, but it is turned off for a few days to see if any problems arise without it. The problem i observe is this: When opening documents that have been published in PF`s Outlook appears to hang, a 20k word document may take up to two minutes to load. Plenty bandwith avail...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

creating a smaller list from a big one
I have a long list of items with about about 8 cells of information i every row. I want to create a column down the side if the list with a tick/chec box or something similar which if ticked will send the row into a ne worksheet and form a new compact list. I have tried using the IF function but I end up with very larg vertical gaps in the spreedsheet that I would have to manually hide, want the rows to be together or for the unused rows to automaticall hide. How would I go about doing this? Cheers Venst -- venst ----------------------------------------------------------------------- v...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

merging data from 2 lists
Hi, I have 2 lists of students - both lists are exactly the same; in one list certain students have a grade, in the other list all the other students have a grade. No student has a grade on each list; how do I end up with one list of students which has all the grades in the correct place? i am sue this is simple - but not for me!! thanks Me Hi Me, Definitely sounds possible, but we'll need some detail on the nature of the "lists" Are they single column? Multiple column? Are the grades in the same cell as the students' names? Dave. ...

OL2003 Master Category List
Anyone know where the master category list is hiding these days. In 2002 it was hkcu\software\microsoft\office\10 \outlook\categories Any help would be appreciated. change 10 to 11. It won't exist unless the user has added something to it and like Outlook 2002 it's a Unicode list so the value is a binary and not a string. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Online Documentation
I would like to know if there is a web site out there where have implemented online documentation on the WEB using VISIO. For example, displaying a diagram (workflow) where you click a shape and you are taken to another diagram or some kind of text document. I am just curious if there is such a thing. Thanks. ...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

Counting consecutive numbers in a list
Is there a function that will take a list of 20 numbers and count if two or three of them are consecutive and count how many times this happens within the list? ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

Deleting a Document
Hello, I am trying to help a friend of mine who has Microsoft Office 2007. I have not been able to look at the problem myself, but here is what she described to me: "I cannot seem to delete a document, either from within Word 2007, or Windows Explorer. Here are the choices I get when I right mouse click on a document. . . Customize Quick Access Toolbar Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon Minimize the Ribbon" Has anyone encountered this type of problem, or can someone suggest to me where to research this type of problem? I know this is not a lot of ...

Script giving the most recent receipt info for each item
We are trying to create a script that will pull together our most recent purchasing information only. The results should give all inventory items with a qty on hand > 0, the current cost (we are average perpetual), the most recent receipt number, the unit cost for that receipted item, the receipt date, and the vendor name. I have tried to put this together, but have been unsuccessful. Thank you. Shaun This script will only work on SQL Server 2005 and above: SELECT A.ITEMNMBR , B.ITEMDESC , B.CURRCOST , ISNULL(R.receiptdate, '01/01/1900') AS LastRecei...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Interating throught a task list, respecting sort rules in the view
Hello, I need to collect some tasks in a task folder to build a status e-mail. Acctualy, I did it very well, but the sort classification are ignored. How can i collect the tasks respecting the sort order? Thank's in advance. --- Here is the code: Const C_ROOTITEM = 1 Dim oRoot As Outlook.Folder Dim oFila As Outlook.Folder Dim oEquipe As Outlook.Folder Dim colInProgress As New Collection Dim colWaiting As New Collection Dim colNotStarted As New Collection Dim oTask As taskItem Dim oContact As ContactItem Dim colDestinatários As New Collection Dim col...

Unable to delete documents
Need to delete documents I have push delete button, we need to be able to drag into the trash can. Used the control an drag, high lighted said documents. an try to delete. Done what the (?) said to do an still doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ctrl & drag makes a copy of the original in the trash!! Just drag. Or right-click & delete. "B" <B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EDE61B8-33EC-4EB5-BC81-922E46BED6BE@microsoft.com... > Need to delete documents I have push delete button, we need to be able to > drag into the trash can. Us...

Schema defined fixed attributes in instance document
Let's say I have an XML Schema containing some fixed attributes. When writing an instance document (XML document) based on this schema I don't want to explicitly add these attributes, but when I load the instance document I want these attributes to be available. Is this possible using any of the .NET Framework XML related classes or is this kind of behavior not supported by the .NET Framework? I've tried using the Load method on XmlDocument and also tried using the XmlReader, but with no success. maze_dk wrote: > Let's say I have an XML Schema containing s...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...