Lost microsoft office during windows 7 install.

I have upgraded my laptop from vista to 7. Before I upgraded I reset my
computer back to its factory settings. When I completed my installation of 7
microsoft office was no longer on the laptop. The version of microsoft office
that I had was installed when I originally purchased the laptop and I do not
have the disks. I did write down the activiation key that is displayed during
start up. Can I recover/download microsoft office and use the activiation key
I have?

You will need to contact the original vendor that supplied office and see if
they can give you a replacement.

"Badgerderek" <Badgerderek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I have upgraded my laptop from vista to 7. Before I upgraded I reset my
: computer back to its factory settings. When I completed my installation of
7
: microsoft office was no longer on the laptop. The version of microsoft
office
: that I had was installed when I originally purchased the laptop and I do
not
: have the disks. I did write down the activiation key that is displayed
during
: start up. Can I recover/download microsoft office and use the activiation
key
: I have?

0
Tom
3/29/2010 8:20:43 PM
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:09:02 -0700, Badgerderek wrote:

> I have upgraded my laptop from vista to 7. Before I upgraded I reset my
> computer back to its factory settings. When I completed my installation of 7
> microsoft office was no longer on the laptop. The version of microsoft office
> that I had was installed when I originally purchased the laptop and I do not
> have the disks. I did write down the activiation key that is displayed during
> start up. Can I recover/download microsoft office and use the activiation key
> I have?

If you had one of these three Office suites:

Office Professional 2007 - Office Home and Student 2007 - Office Small
Business 2007

You can download at the following location and use your Product Key.

Product Description - Office 2007 Downloads *Product Key, MFG - Microsoft
Internet Link - http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/

* Office 2007 Downloads - Must have Product Key

Be sure and backup your download in a safe location separate from your
computer (burn to disk, Flash drive, etc.) for future use.

David

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 7.9 - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:c3p_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com

MFC71 and Drwtsn32 on Windows 2003
Hi, I have an app built with MFC71. When it is running on Windows 2003, drwtsn32 is started but is not writing anything to the log if the app crashes. When the same app running on Windows 2000, drwtsn32 can write logs. What could cause drwtsn32 not writing logs on Windows 2003. TIA for any help ! JoeZ "JoeZ" <joez@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e3NTebNSEHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have an app built with MFC71. When it is running on Windows 2003, > drwtsn32 is started but is not writing anything to the log if the app > crashes. > When t...

Microsoft CRM Training
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59CD9.C9CA45C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: I am having trouble finding MS CRM training in and around Washington DC. = Basically some program that covers biz side of things with end-user = training and focus on best practices. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, --=20 Mansoor Awan=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59CD9.C9CA45C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE H...

Business Contact Manager for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 ?
Is this part of OL 2003 or a seperate purchase? Is it available now? See the 'How to Buy' section in this URL: http://www.microsoft.com/office/outlook/contactmanager/prodinfo/default.mspx Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager is available. "red" <red@rum.com> wrote in message news:OP9uyUHrDHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is this part of OL 2003 or a seperate purchase? Is it available now? > ...

office word & outlook spellcheck dictionary rayed out
Please help resolve the above referenced issue. "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72203789-8C26-4E54-A520-9ED39A82464A@microsoft.com... > Please help resolve the above referenced issue. How many times are you going to post this, ya spoiled bitch?!? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." ...

How to prevent popup the authencation login window when running re
We use CRM 3.0 + SQL Server 2005's reporting service. The reporting service is on the other site.The site had been configured windows integration authencation. The client PC access CRM site via IE and the client PC hasn't logged in sepcified windows domain. When I access CRM site from client, it prompts an system login window. I input the domain user and password,then enter the CRM system. When I click the report on CRM, the system login window appears again. Can anyone give me a solution to realize log in only once? Hi Joseph, I don't think it's possible. > The repo...

Office X mac and the new OS 10.5
I have Office X (10.1.6) and am thinking about updating from OS 10.3.9 to 10.5 when it comes out in a couple of months. Anyone have any ideas whether this new OS will run my version of office? I'm pretty sure 10.4 will run it, but not 100% about that...Where or who do you ask about this stuff? Thanks for any help from anyone here! On 16/1/07 06:48, in article 1168930113.917476.223650@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "BruceWagner1@gmail.com" <BruceWagner1@gmail.com> wrote: > I have Office X (10.1.6) and am thinking about updating from OS 10.3.9 > to 10.5 when it comes ...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Windows program category
A beginner's question. I once read an article that divided the windows program into several categories, like Windows Device Driver, Applications (GUI, Comnsole, DLL, Static Library, and ?), and Windows Service, and I could not remember the whole list. I am sure I missed, could anybody please give me some tips or give me a link or provide me a book? I really want to have a whole picture of Windows programming. Thanks. Johnson The distinctions tend to deal with the structure of the program. GUI apps have windows the user interacts with. They could be written in raw Win32 API, u...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Is there a way create a identity for Windows Mail
Hello, I am working in earhlink. I want to whether there is way to create a identity in Windows mail. Thank you. ...

Microsoft Access 2007 Ribbon
Hi All, I am upgrading a large .ADP application from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and would like some feedback on the best way to manage Ribbons in Access. I am in the process of converting all the old custom menubar/toolbar functionality into equivalent/similar/improved functionality using the Ribbon Currently I have over 20 Ribbons (and growing) all use the "Start from Scratch=True" attribute. Obviously I would prefer to utilise less Ribbons, but by the same token the prospect of dynamically applying lots of customisation to fewer Ribbons when each form or report is opened ap...

Outlook Window Resizing in RegEdit
I have had a problem with some software which appears to have sized the Outlook window to a size which makes it disappear from the screen. If I Alt Tab to it and hit Alt and the Down Arrow, I can see the menu's, but no window. If I Maximise it from the Task Bar then it runs full screen, but I want to run it at the original half- screen sized window. I know that there is a way of editing the size of the window in the System Registry. Does anyone know where this can be done? I am fairly competent with Reg Edit. Thanks. ...

WinXP Pro to Student version Win 7 Ultimate
My son's computer currently runs Windows XP Pro SP3 and he's looking to go to the student version of Windows 7 Ultimate. We've run the advisor and the machine is more than capable of handling the change but we're a bit baffled by some conflicting information on the http://www.software4students.co.uk/ website. The Microsoft Upgrade Path Chart shows that a move from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate can be done, NOT as an in-place upgrade, but ONLY as a "custom install". A custom install is also known as a clean install and can be used to completely repl...

I am fed up with Office 2007 Beta 2
I am so fed up with Office 2007 Beta 2 I could Puke. For a week now I have been unable to even open it because I tried to create a new .pst file like was suggested. The original problem was a "folder's full" error that would not allow me to archive. Now I am trying to uninstall and it is telling me that I cannot because there are changes made to the original and I need to undo those first. Can anyone help me before I chuck the whole thing out the window?? LV Calm down, have a nice cup of tea, and then start over. Tell us exactly what error messages you are getting when try...

installing microsoft pop3 connector on sbs
When I recently installed our exchange server for sbs, the pop3 connector wasn't installed, for some reason. Anyone know where the option is to install it? On 5 Mar 2007 21:07:00 -0800, "talkinggoat" <johnmclaren_99@yahoo.com> wrote: >When I recently installed our exchange server for sbs, the pop3 >connector wasn't installed, for some reason. Anyone know where the >option is to install it? If you insist on such an action might I ask that you go and ask in the SBS newsgroups. Meanwhile, to save yourself a good deal of time and grey hairs I will point you at ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

How do I register office 2007 on new computer from word 2003?
I purchased a new computer. How do I register office 2007 on my new computer when I have a validation code upgrade from word 2003 on my old computer? It will not accept the upgrade code? Any suggestions would be appreciated. "tony" <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED9EBA0B-CFCD-4DCF-8A39-3B4A739E16D2@microsoft.com... >I purchased a new computer. How do I register office 2007 on my new >computer > when I have a validation code upgrade from word 2003 on my old computer? > It > will not accept the upgrade code? Any suggest...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Microsoft Office Publisher Not Working
Everytime I download the free trial for Miscrosoft Office Publisher I enter the product key and it says to reboot to finish process. When I reboot nothing opens and I complete the updates then I go to click on the program and it askes me whether or not I want to convert. This has happened more than 10 times now. Have you had it working the first time until the trial period ran out? You can only install the free trial once. After that it has to be purchased. -- <-><-><-><-> Big Rick "Deb" wrote: > Everytime I download the free trial ...

Favorite Feature of Windows Vista
The best feature of windows vista is the GUI is more simple and it comes with more options than windows xp "Gustavo Elizondo" <i1405302@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:Oyq6wiDsKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > The best feature of windows vista is the GUI is more simple and it comes > with more options than windows xp To whom it may concern: One of your tutors as set their Students a task of reporting what they like about Windows Vista. Sadly they have directed them to post their opinions to a Microsoft public support newsgroup for Windows...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Signature problem Outllook 2000-Office 2000 Pro SR-1
Can't insert signature. HELP points to Tools>Options> Mail Format. My dropdown menu from Tools does not show "Options" so I can,t proceed. Have already Re- install Office and Downloaded all updates from MS. Help! ...

data exchange between two windows
Hey, I've an application with different windows, which have to exchange data between them. I realized this, with windowsmessages and dynamiy allocated memory. Steps: Allocated memory with malloc() Send adress and size of the memory with a message to next window. ReceiveWindow: Read data from memory, free memory with free(). The Problem: Unter Win2000 it works perfect, but under WinNT4 the program won't run. It crashes after the start. Do you have any advice? Do you know an other way to exchange data between the windows? My system: MS Visual Studio 6, Win2000 and WinNT Th...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...