Licence caanot be authorised on new PC

I have recently bought a new Desktop PC.  I have uninstalled a copy of Office
Ultimate 2007 from my old PC and now wish to install it onto my new PC. I
have checked with my supplier who assures me I have a licence for 3 machines.
 I have installed the product on a Desktop PC, Laptop and Netbook.
Consequently I have uninstalled from one Desktop PC and wish to re-install on
the new Desktop PC so still having 3 licences only.  When I installed on the
new PC I get a message asking me to activate the product.  This does not work
as it appears I have 4 rather than 3 licences even though I have uninstalled
one copy.

Can anyone advice how I get over this problem?

Thanks
--
Gareth

Use the telephone method of activation in this case.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently bought a new Desktop PC.  I have uninstalled a copy of
> Office
> Ultimate 2007 from my old PC and now wish to install it onto my new PC. I
> have checked with my supplier who assures me I have a licence for 3
> machines.
> I have installed the product on a Desktop PC, Laptop and Netbook.
> Consequently I have uninstalled from one Desktop PC and wish to re-install
> on
> the new Desktop PC so still having 3 licences only.  When I installed on
> the
> new PC I get a message asking me to activate the product.  This does not
> work
> as it appears I have 4 rather than 3 licences even though I have
> uninstalled
> one copy.
>
> Can anyone advice how I get over this problem?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Gareth

0
Susan
12/31/2009 4:29:12 PM
"Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently bought a new Desktop PC.  I have uninstalled a copy of
> Office
> Ultimate 2007 from my old PC and now wish to install it onto my new PC. I
> have checked with my supplier who assures me I have a licence for 3
> machines.

I thought the only Office suite that was licensed for three machines with
one Product key is Home and Student, NOT "Ultimate".
I suggest you read the EULA in one of the already-installed copies.

0
Gordon
12/31/2009 4:45:21 PM
Gordon

I did email Digital River who provided the software on this issue and they
repiled I had 3 licences. Before I bought the new PC I had the software
running on 3 machines which seems to bear out their claim.

Susan  - I did try the telephone method, but it seemed to be wholly
automated and gave me no opportunity to speak to a "human being".  All that
happened was I had to speak out a key that came when I tried to activate and
the reply was I had used up my licences.  No chance to resolve the issue from
that point!
--
Gareth

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have recently bought a new Desktop PC.  I have uninstalled a copy of
> > Office
> > Ultimate 2007 from my old PC and now wish to install it onto my new PC. I
> > have checked with my supplier who assures me I have a licence for 3
> > machines.
>
> I thought the only Office suite that was licensed for three machines with
> one Product key is Home and Student, NOT "Ultimate".
> I suggest you read the EULA in one of the already-installed copies.
>
> .

The response from Digital River is incorrect, Ultimate is licensed for two
devices for use by the same user
To confirm simply read the EULA available in any Office component

> Gordon
>
> I did email Digital River who provided the software on this issue and they
> repiled I had 3 licences. Before I bought the new PC I had the software
> running on 3 machines which seems to bear out their claim.
>
> Susan  - I did try the telephone method, but it seemed to be wholly
> automated and gave me no opportunity to speak to a "human being".  All
> that
> happened was I had to speak out a key that came when I tried to activate
> and
> the reply was I had used up my licences.  No chance to resolve the issue
> from
> that point!
> --
> Gareth
>

> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>> "Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have recently bought a new Desktop PC.  I have uninstalled a copy of
>> > Office
>> > Ultimate 2007 from my old PC and now wish to install it onto my new PC.
>> > have checked with my supplier who assures me I have a licence for 3
>> > machines.
>>
>> I thought the only Office suite that was licensed for three machines with
>> one Product key is Home and Student, NOT "Ultimate".
>> I suggest you read the EULA in one of the already-installed copies.
>>
>> .

0
DL
1/1/2010 1:27:01 PM
Here's another spot:

Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licensed by Microsoft or
the Computer Manufacturer
http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/useterms/default.aspx

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> The response from Digital River is incorrect, Ultimate is licensed for two
> devices for use by the same user
> To confirm simply read the EULA available in any Office component
>
> "Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Gordon
>>
>> I did email Digital River who provided the software on this issue and
>> they
>> repiled I had 3 licences. Before I bought the new PC I had the software
>> running on 3 machines which seems to bear out their claim.
>>
>> Susan  - I did try the telephone method, but it seemed to be wholly
>> automated and gave me no opportunity to speak to a "human being".  All
>> that
>> happened was I had to speak out a key that came when I tried to activate
>> and
>> the reply was I had used up my licences.  No chance to resolve the issue
>> from
>> that point!
>> --
>> Gareth
>>

>> "Gordon" wrote:
>>

>>> "Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I thought the only Office suite that was licensed for three machines
>>> with
>>> one Product key is Home and Student, NOT "Ultimate".
>>> I suggest you read the EULA in one of the already-installed copies.
>>>
>>> .

0
Susan
1/1/2010 2:48:27 PM
Hi,

Use this Microsoft Fix It article , it might help you:

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to
activate a 2007 Office product
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895

Thanks
Smartbond

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:

> Here's another spot:
>
> Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licensed by Microsoft or
> the Computer Manufacturer
> http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/useterms/default.aspx
>

> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> > The response from Digital River is incorrect, Ultimate is licensed for two
> > devices for use by the same user
> > To confirm simply read the EULA available in any Office component
> >
> > "Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Gordon
> >>
> >> I did email Digital River who provided the software on this issue and
> >> they
> >> repiled I had 3 licences. Before I bought the new PC I had the software
> >> running on 3 machines which seems to bear out their claim.
> >>
> >> Susan  - I did try the telephone method, but it seemed to be wholly
> >> automated and gave me no opportunity to speak to a "human being".  All
> >> that
> >> happened was I had to speak out a key that came when I tried to activate
> >> and
> >> the reply was I had used up my licences.  No chance to resolve the issue
> >> from
> >> that point!
> >> --
> >> Gareth

Many thanks to everyone for their kind contributions. Digital River have
indeed claimed I am licensed for 3 machines and, indeed, I have managed to
get all 3 machines activated (PC, Laptop, Netbook) and working up to the
point where I wanted to uninstall from my old PC to my new PC.  At this point
I cannot activate on the new PC.  Let us assume that Digital River is wrong
and that I am licensed for 2 machines only.   I therefore have to uninstall
from another machine (say the Netbook) leaving me with just one machine
running Office 2007 (the Laptop). How does Microsoft know I have performed
all this and that the installation/activation on the new PC should now work?
This baffles me quite frankly!!

On another point if I want to take anothert option and increase the number
of licenses beyond the permitted 2 does anyone know how I do that?
Gareth

"Smartbond" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use this Microsoft Fix It article , it might help you:
>
> How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to
> activate a 2007 Office product
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895
>
> Thanks
> Smartbond
>
> "Susan Ramlet" wrote:
>
> > Here's another spot:
> >
> > Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licensed by Microsoft or
> > the Computer Manufacturer
> > http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/useterms/default.aspx
> >

> > --
> > Susan Ramlet
> > --
> > please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> >
> > "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > The response from Digital River is incorrect, Ultimate is licensed for two
> > > devices for use by the same user
> > > To confirm simply read the EULA available in any Office component
> > >
> > > "Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

See, I'm confused, because I've used the telephone activation method in the
past, and it has worked, but that was ages ago....that's the key: they
*don't* know unless you tell them.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

> Many thanks to everyone for their kind contributions. Digital River have
> indeed claimed I am licensed for 3 machines and, indeed, I have managed to
> get all 3 machines activated (PC, Laptop, Netbook) and working up to the
> point where I wanted to uninstall from my old PC to my new PC.  At this
> point
> I cannot activate on the new PC.  Let us assume that Digital River is
> wrong
> and that I am licensed for 2 machines only.   I therefore have to
> uninstall
> from another machine (say the Netbook) leaving me with just one machine
> running Office 2007 (the Laptop). How does Microsoft know I have performed
> all this and that the installation/activation on the new PC should now
> work?
> This baffles me quite frankly!!
>
> On another point if I want to take anothert option and increase the number
> of licenses beyond the permitted 2 does anyone know how I do that?
> Gareth
>

> "Smartbond" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Use this Microsoft Fix It article , it might help you:
>>
>> How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to
>> activate a 2007 Office product
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895
>>
>> Thanks
>> Smartbond
>>
>> "Susan Ramlet" wrote:
>>
>> > Here's another spot:
>> >
>> > Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licensed by
>> > Microsoft or
>> > the Computer Manufacturer
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/useterms/default.aspx
>> >

>> > --
>> > Susan Ramlet
>> > --
>> > please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> >
>> > "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message

0
Susan
1/2/2010 2:31:11 PM
As mentioned in this article:

Activate Microsoft Office programs - Help and How-to - Microsoft Office
Online http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA012334341033.aspx

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
> See, I'm confused, because I've used the telephone activation method in
> the past, and it has worked, but that was ages ago....that's the key: they
> *don't* know unless you tell them.
>
> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Many thanks to everyone for their kind contributions. Digital River have
>> indeed claimed I am licensed for 3 machines and, indeed, I have managed
>> get all 3 machines activated (PC, Laptop, Netbook) and working up to the
>> point where I wanted to uninstall from my old PC to my new PC.  At this
>> point
>> I cannot activate on the new PC.  Let us assume that Digital River is
>> wrong
>> and that I am licensed for 2 machines only.   I therefore have to
>> uninstall
>> from another machine (say the Netbook) leaving me with just one machine
>> running Office 2007 (the Laptop). How does Microsoft know I have
>> performed
>> all this and that the installation/activation on the new PC should now
>> work?
>> This baffles me quite frankly!!
>>
>> On another point if I want to take anothert option and increase the
>> number
>> of licenses beyond the permitted 2 does anyone know how I do that?
>> Gareth
>>

>> "Smartbond" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Use this Microsoft Fix It article , it might help you:
>>>
>>> How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to
>>> activate a 2007 Office product
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Smartbond

0
Susan
1/2/2010 2:39:27 PM
I thought I would post this reply I received from Digital River as it may
help in some way.  They are adamant that it is a licence for 3 machines.  The
licence for 2 machines applies to individual products such as Word.  What is
interesting ( and I think grossly unfair) is that if you use your licence on
3 machines that is it.  Clearly they can track if you have used the licence 3
times through the activation code.  If you uninstall from one machine and try
to re-install on another - tough!!  You have used up your allocation.  I this
is correct then it is outrageous.

Hope of use to somebody out there- take care when you use the licence!!

Gareth
--
Gareth

> I thought I would post this reply I received from Digital River as it may
> help in some way.  They are adamant that it is a licence for 3 machines.
> The
> licence for 2 machines applies to individual products such as Word.  What
> is
> interesting ( and I think grossly unfair) is that if you use your licence
> on
> 3 machines that is it.  Clearly they can track if you have used the
> licence 3
> times through the activation code.  If you uninstall from one machine and
> try
> to re-install on another - tough!!  You have used up your allocation.  I
> this
> is correct then it is outrageous.
>
> Hope of use to somebody out there- take care when you use the licence!!

I have NEVER heard of that before.
May I suggest that you copy and paste the relevant portion of your EULA here
for us all to see? Because if this is the case then it will say so in your
EULA.
I can almost guarantee that Digital River have either misunderstood your
question, or you have misunderstood their reply.

0
Gordon
1/2/2010 6:47:07 PM
Gordon

This the email conversation with Digital River:

My query

"I am sorry to come back to you again, but I am now totally baffled.
According to the Microsoft Forums, where I put the same issue, they believe
that Digital River is incorrect and that I have a licence for 2 machines, not
3 as you stated.  This is clearly a critical point. Interestingly I have had
Office 2007 Ultimate working correctly on 3 machines, until I uninstalled
from my old PC and tried to re-install on my new PC.

Before I take this up with Microsoft:

1. Can you please definitively clarify whether the licence covers 2 or 3
machines?
2. Do you know how I can increase the number of machines covered by the
licence if that becomes my only option?

Thanks

Gareth"

Digital River reply

"Thank you for contacting the Ultimate Steal online store.

We apologize for the confusion about this matter. Basically, Microsoft
Office Suites are licensed for use on up to three machines. Individual
product purchases such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and other programs may only
be installed on one licensed device and one portable device.

Since you already install the software into 3 computers, the three license
was already used, even if you uninstall the software into your old computer
and install it into a new one. Unfortunately, under this promotion, you can
only purchase once.

For additional licensing information, please visit:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA102333141033.aspx"

I caanot see how I could have put my query any more clearly than this.
Their answer also seems quite clear.

Even if your view that I am licensed for 2 machines is correct, and not 3 as
claimed by Digital River, no one has answered my query as to how Microsoft
know I have uninstalled from one machine and wish to re-insatll on another.
The only solution that makes sense (even thought I think it is outrageous) is
that Microsoft can account for each installation by their activating system.
They have no de-activation system so according to them I have used up the
licence.

When you say in your reply to me "I have never heard of that before" are you
referring to the 3 machine licence for Microsoft Ultimate 2007 or to my
"accusation" that Microsoft will not let me re-install because they have
alraedy activated the system and that I cannot uninstall from one machine and
install on an other.

The other way I suppose is to change the licence in soem way and incsrease
thge number of machines covered by the licence, but heaven knows how one does
that.  It would be so much more helpful if there was an email address within
Microsoft where I could address this issue.

Thanks again for your interest

Gareth

Gareth

> Gareth"
>
> Digital River reply
>
> "Thank you for contacting the Ultimate Steal online store.
>
> We apologize for the confusion about this matter. Basically, Microsoft
> Office Suites are licensed for use on up to three machines.

That is TOTALLY wrong for YOUR version.
Home and Student is the ONLY version authorised for more than two machines
on the SAME product key.
Please, as I asked - READ YOUR EULA.
THAT is the definitive answer.

0
Gordon
1/3/2010 1:29:44 PM
"Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> We apologize for the confusion about this matter. Basically, Microsoft
> Office Suites are licensed for use on up to three machines.

here is PROOF.
A copy of the relevant part of the EULA for Office 2007 Standard:

1. 	OVERVIEW.  These license terms permit installation and use of one copy
of the software on one device, along with other rights, all as described
below.
2. 	INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.  Before you use the software under a
license, you must assign that license to one device.  That device is the
“licensed device.”  A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a
separate device.
a.	Licensed Device.  You may install and use one copy of the software on the
licensed device.
b.	Portable Device.  You may install another copy on a portable device for
use by the single primary user of the licensed device.
c.	Separation of Components.  The components of the software are licensed as
a single unit.  You may not separate the components and install them on
different devices.

0
Gordon
1/3/2010 1:32:28 PM
I am jumping into the middle of this thread but you are right in that
Microsoft has no de-activation system.  Also unless you have an OEM product
(You don't with this promotion.) installations are simultaneous, i.e. you
are allowed to have the product installed on two computers at one time, not
installing it twice.  See the difference?  Microsoft has no way to determine
that you conform to the terms of the license, so what they do, and pay
attention now, is they look first at the number of activations and second at
the last time you activated.  If you have exceeded the number of licensed
activations, and the time since the last one is too recent, then they fail
the activation.  At this point if your total installations is within the
limit, clearly stated in the EULA, you have the option to perform phone
activation, and it should put the toll free number on the screen so you can
call it.

Many people are confused about this point.  Apparently from the e-mail you
enclosed this includes people at Digital River also.  Having installed the
product a total of two times (or whatever the number is) is not the same as
having it installed on two computers at the same time.  If you now have the
product installed on two computers, and the limit is two, then you may not
install it on another computer.  If you elect to uninstall it from one
computer, then you may install it on another, but you may have to use phone
activation.  If you wait long enough, phone activation will be unnecessary.

If you have installed the product the number of permitted times, then there
is no option to obtain another copy or install under the Ultimate promotion.
You would have to purchase another copy of the product, and they are
expensive.

Earle

> [...]
>> > 3 machines that is it.  Clearly they can track if you have used the
>> > licence 3
>> > times through the activation code.  If you uninstall from one machine
>> > and
>> > try
>> > to re-install on another - tough!!  You have used up your allocation.
>> > this
>> > is correct then it is outrageous.
>> >
>> > Hope of use to somebody out there- take care when you use the licence!!
>>
>> I have NEVER heard of that before.
>> May I suggest that you copy and paste the relevant portion of your EULA
>> here
>> for us all to see? Because if this is the case then it will say so in
>> your
>> EULA.
>> I can almost guarantee that Digital River have either misunderstood your
>> question, or you have misunderstood their reply.

0
Earle
1/3/2010 6:00:03 PM
Earle

Many, many thanks for your response.  As you said "pay attention now"!!
After reading your post a couple of times I do see the difference, but please
bear with me if I give you the exact details of what I actually did. I would
then welcome your interpretation of what this means in terms of my ability to
use the software.

1. I installed the product on 3 machines (not 2!!) consecutively and all
were successfully activated.
2. I bought a new PC, uninstalled the software from my old PC and tried to
install on my new PC - activation failed, using both internet and phone
activation processes.
3. I have now uninstalled from another machine, leaving me with just one
active machine running Office Ultimate 2007.

If I have interpreted you email correctly I have reached the limit of
activation and have no option other than buy again.

If I have mis-interpreted your email could you clarify what you mean by
waiting long enough so phone activation will not be necessary?

A last point - when I tried phone activation it was totally automated with
no opportunity to talk to a "human being" so to speak.

Earle - again my thanks for your help on this - much appreciated I can tell
you!! I hope you don't mind my seeking a little more clarification on this
issue.  It would be so much easier for everyone if Microsoft had a
deactivation process.
--
Gareth

"Earle Horton" wrote:

> [...]
> > thge number of machines covered by the licence, but heaven knows how one
> > does
> > that.  It would be so much more helpful if there was an email address
> > within
> > Microsoft where I could address this issue.
> >
> > Thanks again for your interest
> >
> > Gareth
> >
> > Gareth
> >

> > "Gordon" wrote:
> >

> >> "Gareth" <Gareth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> I have NEVER heard of that before.
> >> May I suggest that you copy and paste the relevant portion of your EULA
> >> here
> >> for us all to see? Because if this is the case then it will say so in
> >> your
> >> EULA.
> >> I can almost guarantee that Digital River have either misunderstood your
> >> question, or you have misunderstood their reply.

Replace old letterhead with new letterhead programatically
We have old letters with a graphic being used as a letterhead. We have recently changed our letterhead to graphics inside the header and footer of the first page only. The template created with the new letterhead header and footer, automatically asks for a writer's name, inserts the date, and asks for an addressee's name. I am having difficulty replacing the old and using the new. Also, when I created the new, I wanted to set up a second page header, but it errored out basically saying that the second page was not there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To se...

New Auto Insert Entry NOT Being Saved
As long as a document is open the newly created AutoText is available. After close, it disappears for new Docs. I've tried saving it for specific, normal, and all active templates same result. What version of Word are you using? If you have 2003 or prior it could be an Acrobat addin causing the problem. If you have 2007, then I am not sure if the following will help but you never know. This is a known problem with Autotext entries and toolbar customisation and the following helped me in the past. Have you tried the Save All function after doing a customisation of Aut...

Problem with new Report
I have a new crystal report but I need to see in Headquarters Manager Reports. In the Headquarters Manager menu Utilities > Crystal Report, When I select the new report, the system display a screen "Crystal Reports File" but I cannot see my report criteria because I don't have *.def file. If I press Generate Button, the system send a error and close Headquarters Manager. Somebody help with this? How create I "*.def" file"? What version was the report created in? RMS only supports up to version 8.5. "Joaquín" wrote: > I have a new crys...

New To Excel Queries
so i have a huge spreadsheet (approx 45mbs in size) and i have no ide how to properly query it... it has way more than the allowed 65,536 entries and i have no idea ho to query the entries after 65,536... help please! -- glam_roc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- glam_rock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1455 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26185 Glam Rock In these instances you are best to leave the data in a better 'data handler' such as Access and either buil...

Licencing
Could someone point me to a reference or answer this question. What are the differences in Exchange 2003 licencing both standard edition and enterprise. What would be best for my situation in that I have a few hundred users bur would like to use a lot of the features in exchange 2003. Thanks There is no difference in the way you can license either one. The main difference is that with Exchange Standard, you are limited to 1 16gb mailbox store and 1 16gb MAPI public folder store. Exchange Enterprise will allow you to create up to 20 information stores and is unlimited in storage capaci...

How can I take back a licence
I assigned a licence to a user that no longer uses CRM, How can I take back the licence? Does anyone know Thanks, CC Sorry about my first reply I clicked Send to quickly If you go into Settings - Business Unit Settings - User Doulbe click the required use With the user details form open goto the Licenses sideta Actions menu - Manage License Select the License and click << to remove Dont forget to assign his data to another user before disabling him. "Martin Gallagher" <martin.gallagher@pygmalion.com.nospam> wrote in message news:664EC32F-0E49-4975-AA33-D8CE32...

HOW to move ALL Outlook data to new machine?
I need to move all of my Outlook data (contacts, email, calendar, etc.) to a new machine. Moving the PST file apparently does NOT move the address book (already tried this). HOW does one simply move all Outlook data to a new machine? Should be simple, but... (?) -- dwa The Outlook Address Book is just another view of your Contacts folder. This is a common occurrence when moving things around -- the association between the Contacts folder and the Outlook Address Book gets broken. To fix it, go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View or change existing directories or address books...

new attribute error
Hi all, Today I faced a strange error and in the same time an ennoying one: When I click "New" wanting to create a new attribute, the new attribute window pops up and when it's loaded in the buttom left corner i see that yellow triangle witch tells me that's an error. I double click it and I get this info: Line :131 Char: 1 Error: To create nodes of type'ELEMENT', a valid name must be specified. Code: 0 URL: http://myserver/Tools/SystemCustomization/Attributes/manageAttribute.aspx?entityId={c0e20f61-8bd9-4467-8024-bcf5d929f2e9} when i try to save it, it would...

New folder created under the mailbox does not have the subject and receive colum
New folder created under the mailbox does not have the subject and receive columns by default. It must be added through the View menu. Any way to get these columns to default in every new folder created? Thank You Check out Views:CurrentView: DEFINE VIEWS. At this menu location you can set the view defaults and not just a single or custom view setting... "Nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053601c3dc93$87f3c930$a101280a@phx.gbl... > New folder created under the mailbox does not have the > subject and receive columns by default. It ...

Moving Outlook Express to New PC
I got a new PC and am trying to move my old Outlook Express e-mails to it (both are using Outlook Express 6.00). I'm assuming that the .dbx files are the e-mail files. My old PC is storing these on C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\...[I don't feel like typing the number!]...\Microsoft\Outlook Express My new PC is storing these on C:\Documents and Settings\Matty\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\...[similar long number]...\Microsoft\Outlook Express I tried copying the .dbx files from my old PC to the Documents and Settings\...\Outlook Express file on my new P...

CRM Licences #2
Hi, It has become apparent since installing CRM 4 that we also need CRM 3 due to some of the systems that we have integrating with it and the need for mobile users to be able to access the system from a PDA. I have used a seperate server and installed CRM 3 and used a 10 user licence. I need to add more licences to the server so my question is how do I do that, where do I get licences from and what type of licences do they need to be? Sorry that was 3 questions. Thanks in advance Contact Microsoft Volume Licensing. You can probably purchase a ver 4 CAL and recieve a Ver 3 along w...

New to eConnect
Hi all, Am GP dexterity developer and very new to eConnect and I have to insert PO record in gp from third party application online and am not a .Net developer also so kindly assist me how to and where to start to do so. Your immediate response will be a great help. -- Developer You are a Dex developer with no .NET development experience, but nevertheless a developer. 1. Find a language that you are comfortable developing in. I personally like C#, because its very intuitive structure, plus many moons ago I was a C++ developer, so it kind of felt natural. 2. Pickup th...

How do I open excel files in a new window
I want to open different Excel files in a different window just as you can with Word documents. Is this possible? How? Open the first document. Open Excel (do not double click on a file, just open excel like normal where it brings up a blank document) You should now have two instances of excel open. Open a file through file->open Also, if you just want to split documents in the task bar (documents opened in the same instance of excel are usually stacked in the taskbar) click on Tools->Options->View->Check the box next to "Windows in Taskbar". You will notice tha...

transfer licence?
Hi, Does anyone know if Microsoft allows you to transfer the licence key (for say Vista) to another computer if the the first computer becomes irreparably damaged? I'm guessing no, but can anyone confirm? Thanks, Jim jarsek wrote: > Does anyone know if Microsoft allows you to transfer the licence > key (for say Vista) to another computer if the the first computer > becomes irreparably damaged? > > I'm guessing no, but can anyone confirm? Not enough information. There are several different license types (like OEM, Retail, Volume, etc.) an...

Time for a new notebook
Time for a new notebook with Win 7 os Need to know a good Make and Model under $800 PA Bear [MS MVP]" looking in hearing some good info form you Too! You idiot. Posting non-related drivel in the Windows Update newsgroups. Your HoopleHeadedness just keeps increasing, you illiterate dipstick. "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6851A6FC-BA9C-4812-ABE6-947A0AD49D2B@microsoft.com... : : Time for a new notebook with Win 7 os : : Need to know a good Make and Model under $800 : : PA Bear [MS MVP]" looking in hearing some good...

MSOffice 2007 MVL Licence vs. Retail Licence
Hello all, I work in a company which is lucky enough to be part of the MVL scheme. I have recently installed 2 copies of MSOffice Standard accross my network using the software provided by the scheme (From the office suites and applications disk) and used the MVL licence key for our company to activate them. Since then we have purchased 2 boxed copies of MSOffice 2007 Standard - Retail edition which we were going to use to replace the licence keys used from the MVL. I have gone into regedit and attempted to use the new key from the boxed retail version but it comes up sayin...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000, Migrate or Create New...?
I have exisiting Exchange 5.5 Server on Windows NT and planning to move to new server with Windows 2000. Any suggestions on how to implement this situation? Is it better to create a new Exchange 5.5 directory on Windows 2000 instead of moving all mailbox from Winnt Server? I ready appreciate your help guys! Mark I think the easier method if you have new hardware is to install an additional server Exchange 5.5 into the same org/site on the new Windows 2000 server then move all the mailboxes over to the new server. Don't forget to move any public folders (replicate/wait for replicat...

new features in excel 2010 solver add in
Why can't I not just point to the cells in entering data for the excel 2010 solver add in unlike the features available in the excel 2007 solver add in package? Please help me to use the 2010 version like the 2007 to ease inputting of data variables. Thanks ...

Copy to new company
I need to create a CRM database for a new company, and copy all data from an existing database. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks Take a look at the Data Migration Framework Keep in mind that all records created in CRM are keyed to a specifc user in the Active Directory "Rob Hewes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:baf001c3ecb5$c4e40760$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to create a CRM database for a new company, and > copy all data from an existing database. Is there a way > of doing this? > > Thanks ...

Can a new e-mail message event wake up a monitor?
When my laptop is running on battery, I have the screen set to go blank in 1 minute. This tremendously lengthens the amount of operation I can get from a full charge. However, I find myself quite often sliding my finger across the touch pad to wake up the screen so I can check to see if I have any new e- mail. It would be really cool if an Outlook add-in existed which would wake up your screen automatically when you receive a new e-mail. Does anyone know if such a tool exists? afaik, there is no such tool. why not turn on sound so you can hear it arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outloo...

New Error Message?
I've spontaneously started getting this error message. I have a simple hotmail account. Why would there be any trouble connecting to it? I use Windows 7 64 bit and pretty much leave WLM running constantly so that I know when I have new mail. My system will suspend if I'm idle and resume when I come back. Here's the error message. Unable to send or receive messages for the Msn (Thortok2000) account. Windows Live Mail can't connect to the Hotmail server. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try ...

login not recognizing new passport login
I've changed the email address associated with my Passport account, but MS Money 2004 keeps prompting me for the old one no matter how many times I login with the new one. Does anyone know how to get it to prompt for my current passport login? Thanks, /r:b: In microsoft.public.money, Richard Bondi wrote: >I've changed the email address associated with my Passport account, but MS >Money 2004 keeps prompting me for the old one no matter how many times I >login with the new one. Does anyone know how to get it to prompt for my >current passport login? http://support.micros...

New Pivot Table Question
sorry to have posted under another post. when I posted a new post it came up under the old post heading, hello, when I create a pivot table. I have a column in the pivot table that has a list of figures, I cannot get the figures to total at the bottom of the page. in that column, I have looked at the field settings and the settings looked correct. after that I cannot see the field settings when I right click and try to check them. any ideas. thanks Is the field in the Data area of the pivot table layout? hello wrote: > when I create a pivot table. I have a column in the pivot table...

Licence
The client, where we upgrade CRm 1.2 to CRM 3.0 has version CRM 1.2 in polish language but the licensce for CRM 3.0 is in English language (there is a problem with producing license for polish now ). After the license in poslih for CRM3.0 will be produced then this license will be added to CRM 3.0 in Deployment MAnager - my question is - if there is any problem to add the actual license to CRM 3.0? ...

New created storage group wasn't displayed
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. I created a new storage group and then I tried to add a user's mailbox to the new group, but there is only First Storage Group in the Mailbox Store box. The new created storage group didn't show up. Please advice. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Lisa how long ago? did you create a mailbox store in the new SG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE4B6E9F-AFEB-4F19-B7B0-2FA0EBF3B4B4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003...