keycode only works in OPK version..

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CA6914.3C59C920

Hi there,

I installed the 90 day trial version of Office 2007 Small Business and =
when I went to put in the keycode I purchased, it would not accept it.

Then I installed the OPK version and the keycode worked there.

Why would the 90 day trial version offer to activate a keycode, then not =
accept it? And why must it be the OPK version that limits trial usage to =
24 times?

Thanks,

Gordon
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CA6914.3C59C920

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi there,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I installed the 90 day trial version of =
Office 2007=20
Small Business and when I went to put in the keycode I purchased, it =
would not=20
accept it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Then I installed the OPK version and =
the keycode=20
worked there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Why would the 90 day trial version =
offer to=20
activate a keycode, then not accept it? And why must it be the OPK =
version that=20
limits trial usage to 24 times?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Gordon</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CA6914.3C59C920--

0
Gordon

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01CA696A.3DA90F60

  "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message =
  Hi there,

  I installed the 90 day trial version of Office 2007 Small Business and =
when I went to put in the keycode I purchased, it would not accept it.

  Then I installed the OPK version and the keycode worked there.

  Why would the 90 day trial version offer to activate a keycode, then =
not accept it? And why must it be the OPK version that limits trial =
usage to 24 times?

  Thanks,

  Gordon

Because you purchased the license key for the version of software called =
Office ready not trial.  The version you downloaded as a trial is not =
the exact same license type.  You purchase a license for a product the =
computer manufacturer should have installed onto the computer and you =
should have purchased the activation key within 60 days of the initial =
computer purchase.

This version is an OEM type version and can not be transferred onto =
another computer and the license will die with the computer on which it =
is now installed.

Here are a few web sites to read all about your license.  Not all are in =
the US but the data is valid also for the US.

End customers then need to buy a Media-less Licence Kit (MLK), i.e. with =
no CD, at point-of-sale for the version of Microsoft Office that suits =
their needs. The MLK will activate the version of Microsoft Office they =
require on their Office Ready PC.  from =
https://partner.microsoft.com/UK/40047375?PS=3D95000124

http://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/office/officeready/faq.mspx

Especially this one: =
http://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/office/officeready/office_ready.mspx
------=_NextPart_000_0043_01CA696A.3DA90F60

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Gordon J. Rattray" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:gords@shaw.ca">gords@shaw.ca</A>&gt; wrote in message =
<A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uq0gLdVaKHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:uq0gLdVaKHA.5976=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi there,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I installed the 90 day trial version =
of Office=20
  2007 Small Business and when I went to put in the keycode I purchased, =
it=20
  would not accept it.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Then I installed the OPK version and =
the keycode=20
  worked there.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why would the 90 day trial version =
offer to=20
  activate a keycode, then not accept it? And why must it be the OPK =
version=20
  that limits trial usage to 24 times?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Gordon</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Because you purchased the license key for the =
version of=20
software called Office ready not trial.&nbsp; The version you downloaded =
as a=20
trial is not the exact same license type.&nbsp; You purchase a license =
for a=20
product the computer manufacturer should have installed onto the =
computer and=20
you should have purchased the activation key within 60 days of the =
initial=20
computer purchase.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>This version is an OEM type version and can not =
be=20
transferred onto another computer and the license will die with the =
computer on=20
which it is now installed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Here are a few web sites to read all about your=20
license.&nbsp; Not all are in the US but the data is valid also for the=20
US.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV class=3D"" id=3D"" width=3D"" axeid=3D"" axetype=3D"field">End =
customers then need to=20
buy a Media-less Licence Kit (MLK), i.e. with no CD, at point-of-sale =
for the=20
version of Microsoft Office that suits their needs. The MLK will =
activate the=20
version of Microsoft Office they require on their Office Ready PC.&nbsp; =
from <A=20
title=3D"https://partner.microsoft.com/UK/40047375?PS=3D95000124&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"https://partner.microsoft.com/UK/40047375?PS=3D95000124">https://=
partner.microsoft.com/UK/40047375?PS=3D95000124</A></DIV>
<DIV class=3D"" width=3D"" axeid=3D"" =
axetype=3D"field"><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3D"" width=3D"" axeid=3D"" axetype=3D"field"><FONT =
face=3DArial><A=20
title=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/office/officeready/faq.mspx&#1=
0;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/office/officeready/faq.mspx">ht=
tp://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/office/officeready/faq.mspx</A></FONT></D=

<DIV class=3D"" width=3D"" axeid=3D"" axetype=3D"field"><FONT=20
face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3D"" width=3D"" axeid=3D"" axetype=3D"field"><FONT =
face=3DArial>Especially this=20
one: <A=20
title=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/office/officeready/office_read=
y.mspx&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/office/officeready/office_ready=
..mspx">http://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/office/officeready/office_ready.=
mspx</A></FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01CA696A.3DA90F60--

0
LVTravel

Rules not working #9
On Outlook 2007, I have a rule that works fine looking at the subject. But I cannot get my rule that looks at the message header to work. I only have "With specific words in the message header" checked. I then copied the message directly from the email and pasted it in the Search Text textbox and Added it - "Going to Sleep for 10 Minutes". I then told it to delete it. This is the only thing that this rule does. It won't delete any of the messages with this message in it. I only want it to run when I tell it to as I do my other message but it won't seem to d...

OL 2003 Leave Mail On Server option stopped working
I was successfully having my mail left on the POP3 server when suddenly this feature stopped working about 2 weeks ago and now all messages download and the server gets wiped. I have unchecked and re- checked the leave a copy of messages on the server option in a feeble attempt to reset to no avail. I have created a new test profile and it won't respect the setting there either. Any suggestions for getting this back in order? I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.8118) SP2. Thanks, Jim ...

Formulas not working anymore
Hello, I have Excel 2002 and have been using it for my Pet Sitting business. All of a sudden, today, all my cells with formulas in them, aren't working! I have very basic formulas [ie: =sum(e35-b34)] and similar things... Yesterday, they were working just find... and today, NONE of them are working! I can get them to work if I re-enter the formula, but I have hundreds of cells with formulas. Even doing the "fill formula" (Clicking on a cell and then pulling the corner to copy that formula to the other cells) doesn't work. Would anyone have any idea what may happened? I h...

keycodes
In my CDoubleEdit::PreTranslateMessage(MSG *pMsg) I need to trap the KOMMA (,)and DOT (.) using BOOL CDoubleEdit::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) { if (pMsg->message == WM_KEYDOWN) { switch (pMsg->wParam) { case 188 : // KOMMA case 190: // DOT case VK_DECIMAL: { pMsg->wParam = 190; // DOT break; } } } return CEdit::PreTanslateMessage(pMsg); } I do receive a DOT always but I think I have to obtain the 188 and 190 by a call as I suppose these keycodes will ...

Save & close not working in LiveCalendar
Can no longer add or edit an event on PC because Save & close doesn't work. Why? I have tried two other posts for this problem and they haven't appeared. -- Rupe ...

OWA Not Working for Only One User
I have Outlook Web Access (OWA) installed on my SBS 2K server. There's only a single user who can't get OWA working for them. The URL http://servername/exchange/faileduserid returns a HTTP 404 - File not found error. I've compared this user to others and can't determine why this user alone can'e get into OWA. Please advise me on how to diagnose and correct this problem. - Michael Faklis <Michael_Faklis@EvolSwSys.net> "Michael Faklis" <Michael_Faklis@EvolSwSys.net> wrote in message news:57idnRHcqNczfKLZRVn-iA@megapath.net... >I have Ou...

Some Cells Not Working
I have a spreadsheet I'm trying to use to sort through data on. I have the data arranged in a chart and I'm using the AND command to sort though the data. The problem is I'm using the same formula for all the rows but only some of them work. Here�s the way the data is laid out: A B C D 1 1 2 1/4 3 1.5 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 1/4 1.5 =AND(A10=$A$1,B10=$A$2,C10=$A$3) 11 1 1/4 2 ABOVE FORMULA COPIED TO ALL ROWS 12 1 3/8 2.5 13 1 3/8 3 14 1 1/2 3.5 15 2 1...

Strange characters
In my Working budget I see strange characters instead of the values of column % of income. When I pass the mouse over the area of the strange characters they change to another strange string of characters. Does anybody has this problem? My money is 2007 deluxe. Thanks in advance. Havok I do, MM 2007 home and business. No clue here why or how this happens. "Havok" <Havok@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:29B3F475-F08A-494C-AAB6-0B0B600AB7E3@microsoft.com... > In my Working budget I see strange characters instead of the values of > column > % ...

Customer charge Accounts don't work.
We just upgraded from Quicksell 2000 and everything transfered great. The charge accounts transfered but we can not add new charges to them. The error we get is "the charge has no slip receipt". Can't figure out how to set that up to create charges. Can anybody lend a hand. Beaver, Are you trying to use a QS2K receipt template? If so, try an RMS one. I'm assuming you have created an Account type for your charge customers and a Payment type for charge accounts. As a test, create a new customer, Account tab, change the Account type to your charge account, give ...

can outlook work without joining local domain?
we have situation where client wants to use exchange server 2003 without having workstations to join domain. Can this work? Thank you in advance. arun Yes, it works. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "arun mx" <arunmx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB88EC5-3ACF-45CF-B14C-B75E44604872@microsoft.com... > we have situation where client wants to use exchange server 2003 without > having workstations to join domain. Can this work? > Thank you...

Importing from earlier version of Money
I have an earlier version of Money, I think it is Money 2005, although not 100% sure as I can not find the installation disk anywhere, and haven't yet installed it on the laptop I purchased a couple of months ago. My accounts have been recorded using Microsoft Money for the past 8 years and I still have the .mny file. I have downloaded Microsoft Money Plus 2008 and then tried to both open my mny file and backup my backup.mny file but received error messages saying earlier versions could not be imported. The same thing happened when I installed Money Essentials 2008. I am a little baf...

Why doesnt this work
Dear All, Can you have a look at this and please tell why it doesnt work Sub CopySheetAsHTML() Dim fName As String Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = ActiveSheet fName = wks.Range("J4").Value With ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceSheet, _ "I:\" & fName & ".htm", wks.Name, "DataRange", _ xlHtmlStatic, wks.Range("J4").Value) .Publish (True) End With End Sub Many Thanks in advance Steve Where to start? 1. Do you have this code in a standard Excel module? 2. Do you have a worksheet (not a chart sheet) a...

blank out rest of work sheet
I was wondering how to blank out the empy cells in my worksheet. For example: I have data in columns A-F down about 50 rows. I do not want to see any rows past that. When I am saving the data as a text file, I am getting extra rows in my file for some reason and I want to see if this would prevent this from happening. Thanks... --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 - Release Date: 9/24/2004 Hi Shawn, See the explanation and remedial notes on Debra Dalgleish's web site: ...

Email forwarding not working for external addresses
I'm administering an Exchange 2003 environment that was recently migrated from an Exchange 2000 environment. We moved the mailboxes from the 2k server to the 2k3 server using the 2k3 Move Mailboxes utility. We have several user accounts that are forwarded to email addresses outside the domain, both using contacts and by associating an external email address with the user account (by using Exchange Tasks...-->Establish Email Addresses in ADUC). All forwarding works fine when sending from an email address within the domain. If someone sends an email from a non-domain address to an acc...

converting a chart from 2003 version to 2007
I had a document with numerous charts in it in 2003 version. when I attempt to open the sheet with 2007 version, I get an error message and then it closes my excel. Is there a quick fix for this or perhaps a setting I need to change? Do you get any kind of error message? With Excel closed, empty your temp directory. There might be a file there left over from before a previous Excel crash, that's still causing problems. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. 774-275-0064 http://peltiertech.com/ On 4/6/2010 1:37 PM, Deb J wrote: > I had...

Money has stopped working
I just purchased Money Plus Premium and whenever I go into investments I get the following error: "Microsoft Money has stopped working". I implemented article # 942485 and it had no impact on my issue. This is fairly aggrevating, any help is appreciated... -- Thank you! Operating System is? (I don't know MSKBs by number without URLs--is this the one on Vista DEP?) "i005860" <osterhaus@msn.com> wrote in message news:33BE6872-EEA6-47BA-A07E-024BF6DCCFAF@microsoft.com... > I just purchased Money Plus Premium and whenever I go into investments I > g...

Working with elapsed time data
How do I set up Excel to accept race times for a cross- country team? I want to enter minutes and seconds for each runner for each race. Then I want to calculate each runner's average time. When I enter minutes and seconds, Excel converts it to the time of day - which is not what I want. Go to www.cpearson.com for lots of tips on working with time. Bernard "DW" <dweskalnies@vertisinc.com> wrote in message news:080f01c38854$46e18100$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I set up Excel to accept race times for a cross- > country team? I want to enter minutes and seconds for...

if function not working
Suppose that a3 is a date that has format dd/mm/yy, b3 format (dddd) cell of B3 =A3 (B3 value = sunday) cell of F3 =if(B3 = "sunday", "Void"), iget a 0 instead of value Sunday. Anyting wrong>? The underlying value in B3 is still the whole date. You've just formatted it to look like "Sunday". (You could drop B3 and just check A3, too.) =if(weekday(A3)=1,"Void","Not void") or =if(text(a3,"dddd")="Sunday","Void","not void") Or you could hide that "else" portion =if(weekday(A3)=1,...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Autocalc not working
When I select a group of cells, in most of my excel docs, the sum of those cells is displayed in the bar at the bottom of the sheet. In some docs, it doesn't work. I've right-clicked on the bar and sum is checked, but nothing happens. Is this my fault? Most things are. TIA Steve In those "some" docs, the numbers are probably entered/pasted as Text, rather than numeric values. To convert them, copy a blank cell, select your 'numbers' and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <fa2gsk$oit$1@news.datemas.de>, ...

Vlookup or Hlookup does not work
Hi, I need a simple formula... seems very diffucult to get In Sheet 1 I have employee names on horizontal line and a lot of numbers in vertical line. In Sheet2, i Have emloyee names on vertical line and in horisontal line i want to set up formula in sheet2 so that it calcualtes total number for each month for each name as per below sample: Sheet1 John Month days January 5 january 3 january 4 February 10 March 6 TOtal 28 Sheet 2 JOhn January February March 12 10 6 or at least John and 28 days total. Take a look SUMIF ...

Autojournal not working (Ken???)
I've been researching an Outlook problem and see several posts by Ken on the topic. Unfortunately, the fixes don't work for me... I would like the "Create new Journal Entry when starting new call" checkbox to be checked by default. IOW, I want every call made with the autodialer to be logged. I believe I have followed Ken's registry instructions correctly, but without success. (Exported registry branch follows.) I had to create the "Enabled" value, but the others were already there and set. I am running WinXP and Outlook 2002 SP-2. Any thoughts why th...

Export works
Using Office 2003 - When I export from Outlook 2003 it work and creates the PST file. When I try to import, browsing for file, I cannot find the PST file to import? It is there when I use Windows Explorer? Is there a setting missing or what? Thanks Always choose your save locations carefully ;-) By default Outlook export to the following folder; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creatin...

Which versions of Publisher work with XP?
I tried to install my old version of Publisher (the one that came with my Gateway, with Windows 95) and it wasn't compatible with XP. I don't use it very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I don't want to pay top price for a new one. I would rather buy an older, used version from eBay. Which are the versions of Publisher that would work with XP? Also, I never bought used software before. Is there some kind of built in thing that prevents a second buyer from installing it? -- Dave Schwartz Commack, NY if you don't want to spend any money - take a closer look ...