Journal 2003 tracking of Project 2007 file

We currently use Office 2003 but have Project 2007.  In Journal Options we've
turned on "Also Record Files from Microsoft Project", but no journal entries
are created (works fine for Word 2003, Excel 2003, Access 2003).  We tried
saving the Project file in 2000-2003 format, still no journal entry.
Is it just a version issue (Project 2007 vs Office 2003) and/or is there a
workaround?
Thanks.

Darwin

Ask this in the project newsgroup where the project experts hang out

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.project

--
Peter

"Darwin Gaster" <DarwinGaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We currently use Office 2003 but have Project 2007.  In Journal Options we've
> turned on "Also Record Files from Microsoft Project", but no journal entries
> are created (works fine for Word 2003, Excel 2003, Access 2003).  We tried
> saving the Project file in 2000-2003 format, still no journal entry.
> Is it just a version issue (Project 2007 vs Office 2003) and/or is there a
> workaround?
> Thanks.

0
Peter
1/27/2010 9:04:14 PM
No it will not track versions other than its own (2003).

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Darwin Gaster asked:

| We currently use Office 2003 but have Project 2007.  In Journal
| Options we've turned on "Also Record Files from Microsoft Project",
| but no journal entries are created (works fine for Word 2003, Excel
| 2003, Access 2003).  We tried saving the Project file in 2000-2003
| format, still no journal entry.
| Is it just a version issue (Project 2007 vs Office 2003) and/or is
| there a workaround?
| Thanks.

0
Milly

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Access 2007 and combo box
Has anyone successfully created a form with combo boxes that autocomplete in access 2007?! I'm pretty familiar with access, but cannot get combos to autocomplete in 07. When i first add the combo, it does autocomplete. HOWEVER, once I restart access, the combo autocomplete stops completely. Anyone else having this issue?? I'm using Visa and Access 2007. I've tried using MDB and ACCDB formats with same results. So frustrating....thinking of just going back to Access 2003. John, I'm not aware of this bug. What's the RowSource for the combo? Could you try adding DISTINCT ...

can't open file #3
I recently saved a file, when i wanted to open it nothings comes up. I dont know if the file is corrupted, i tried to recover but it didnt work. The last time i used was two days ago, and enter some data and saved it as usual, i dont know what's going on. Can anyone tell me what should i do? Alicia, You don't say which version of Excel you're using. 2002 and 2003 can repair damaged workbooks in some situations. Try File - Open, and look for a drop-down in the "Open" button. If you have it, try "Open and repair." Try opening it in a later version. Em...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

outlook 2007 runs slow

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Outlook 2003

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Daily Journal or Datebook
Hello, Is it possible to create a one-page-per-day dated Journal in Publisher? The template I had created looks good, but I need to increment the date to cover all of the days of the year. And once I accomplish this, I would like to be able to format the result (for example, Thursday 05 November). I have some database experience, but I have not been able to use those skills in Publisher. I am new to this product, so I am sure it is an easy step I am overlooking, or I am seeking help with the wrong keywords. Any help would be valuable. Thank you. Can you not make the Thursday 05 ...

outlook 2000 help file

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...