Is MSO 2003 able to run on Windows7 64-bit

Hi

I am currently running on windows 7 ultimate and would like to run my MSO
2003 for 32-bit version because i am dual booting win XP 32-bit and windows 7
64-bit when I want to open the office in windows 7 it shows "The operating
system is not presently configured to run this application". Thanks

It runs fine.  How did you install it?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, James asked:

| Hi
|
| I am currently running on windows 7 ultimate and would like to run my
| MSO 2003 for 32-bit version because i am dual booting win XP 32-bit
| and windows 7 64-bit when I want to open the office in windows 7 it
| shows "The operating system is not presently configured to run this
| application". Thanks

0
Milly
1/22/2010 4:58:24 AM
You have to install it in the operating system in question to be able to
run it. Accessing an installation that is installed in a different
operating system can not be used without reinstalling so the registry
entries and other files needed are in the required locations.

James wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am currently running on windows 7 ultimate and would like to run my MSO
> 2003 for 32-bit version because i am dual booting win XP 32-bit and windows 7
> 64-bit when I want to open the office in windows 7 it shows "The operating
> system is not presently configured to run this application". Thanks

0
Bob
1/22/2010 1:08:15 PM
My bet is that it was only installed in XP and then he is attempting to
run the installation from that partition.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

> It runs fine.  How did you install it?

0
Bob

Excel 2003 / Windows Explorer (XP) sort order differs
In Excel 2003, mpeg2_MP@H1440_1280x720p_29.97fps_CBR_40Mbs_openGOP_zzscan.mpv comes before mpeg2_MP@H1440_720x576i_25fps_CBR_45Mbs_closedGOP_alternatescan_LFF.mpv In XP's Windows Explorer and also using DIR/ON in a command prompt shell window, the sort order is reversed. How do I reconcile the two so they sort in the same order? Thank you kindly. Try this group instead http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&cat=en_US_34a4dcef-6aac-414e-9881-2ba33de8be2f&lang=en&cr=US "John Bartley K7AAY" wrote: > I...

Publisher 2003 #28
How do I make text automatically flow to subsequent pages when I need to insert a picture into a page that is already filled. The text boxes have to be linked. You link text boxes by using the link tool (looks like a chain link on the tool bar). The succeeding boxes have to be empty to link text boxes. Here's how to link text boxes; Click on the link icon, click on the first text box, the mouse pointer changes to a pouring teapot and now click on the second box. To continue to the third box, click on the chain link tool, click on box two, changes to a teapot, click on the third text b...

Lost "News" Button During Configuration in Outlook 2003
I was following the instructions** for adding the "News" option to the "Go" task bar menu and managed to "lose" the news button! It is no longer in the Add/Remove Buttons->Customize box and I can't find it under any of the other task bar buttons. Any suggestions on finding the button or restoring it?! Thanks! Don **Add/Remove Buttons->Customize->Go->drag news button to GO in task bar. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If...

AOL (Free email) on Outlook 2003
This is an FYI for people who want to use the FREE email provided by AOL on Outlook 2003. The settings are slightly different from subscribers of AOL (see below). For free AOL email: 1. Open Outlook. 2. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. 3. Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next. 4. Click IMAP, and then click Next. 5. In the appropriate boxes, type the following information: * Your Name Type your name as you want it to appear to other people. * E-mail Address Type your full AOL e-mail address that includes your screen name followed by @ai...

running 2010 office beta ... where is the help notes?
I can not find any answers to my questions? Isnt there a beta 2010 forum or somewhere specific to go for questions. ie My outlook want to stay in Work offline mode and I want to change that to work online ... where do I go? I am having some smtp email issues too? 553 errors... same setup worked ok on 2003 version? Where is the info??????????? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2010general/threads "PJ" <PJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAD1BF4C-3AD8-4B9E-AFE7-0A8E75D7C49C@microsoft.com... :I can not find any answers to...

Access 2002-2003 not accessible by Access 2002
I have Office 2003 and I created database using 2002-2003 file format.I spit front end and back end. make an mde file. However, when I give this mde file to people with office XP, their access 2002 cannot open my mde file saying it's not correct version. (strange). then, i convert my database to 2000 file format, but i cannot make mde. what did I do wrong? thanks. Unfortunately, you must create the MDE in the same version of Access that the user has. In other words, despite the fact that both Access 2002 and Access 2003 share a file format, you must use Access 2002 to create th...

Outlook 2003 Pro #2
I have an e-mail in my outbox that can not be deleted, but Outlook won't send it either because of its size. Outlook is continuing to try and send it, which is causing impact to performance on my other apps. I am using XP, and other users on my computer aren't having the same problem. Can I just delete Outlook and not all my Office package? Place Outlook in off-line mode by File-> Work Off-line and restart Outlook. You should now be able to delete the message. Don't forget to put Outlook back on-line. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft...

Microsoft 2003
I would like to change the month on a calendar and have the date change and the recurring event/s stay on the day. i.e. Wednesday Dec. 24 Party if I change the month to January and on the 4th Wednesday of January there will be a party... I would like it to state it as that. Can it be done? No, however you could create a text box with the event on the 24th, copy/paste the text box to the next month and position it. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "churchgirl" <churchgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7413DC3-B94E-4F56-9FCC-E3B69D1E9446@microsoft...

Not able to enter data in form
Hi All, I created a database to keep track of workshop sales. I am trying to create a form with fields from 2 tables. The subform is the part that is giving me the problem. It includes fields from the order form and fields from an auto lookup query. The first one I created worked fine. I added a total in the subform footer and now I can't enter any data. I deleted all forms, edited all relationships, even made a new database with no success. I checked the properties and everything is set as it should be.....Any suggestions? Thanks! When you create record source queries with multip...

Excel 2003 -insufficient Resources
I have just inserted a series of 8 calculated fields using sumproduct into a spreadsheet which references a closed workbook and have now been given the error - "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications" Any bright ideas on how to make additional resources available as there are no other applications open. Any help would be appreciated BJthebear Here is a link to info on memory, speed and calculation. http://www.decisionmodels.com/index.htm Wtihout seeing your formulas it is hard to comment further. ...

SCL Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 and IMF and IMF Tuner
we have a problem with SCL -1 rated emails on some Exchange 2003 mailboxes going to the junk folder. These are emails going to a group of people. Some people get the email in the inbox while others get the email in the junk folder. The source of the emails is in the whitelist of IMF. the user(s) that get the email in the junk folder don't have anything in the blocked sender list. what is causing this and how can it be fixed? Turn off junk mail filtering in Outlook and test. IMF itself does not have a whitelist, though you can add sending hosts' IP addresses in Connection Filter...

Exchange 2003 Not Communicating Correctly With Active Directory
I have 2 PC (A & B). PC A is setup with windows 2003 server (ent.). It has been promoted (dcpromo) and now a DC. It has the default DNS installed and configured on it. It also is hosting DHCP and Termain Service. There are 6 users configured in AD User/Computer. PC B is setup with windows 2003 server (ent.). It has Not been pormoted but the necessary components required in the exchange installation checklist have been completed on this server (NNTP, ASP.net, etc). Both computers have all the updates installed on them for both windows server and exchange. PC B can view dsa.m...

Outlook 2003 Freezes when opened
My Outlook 2003 freezes upon opening. My most recent email which Outlook defaults to doesn't get the chance to be fully visible. I can't go into menu options to check for settings. Each time I open it up I have to CTL+SFT+DEL to get out of it. It only started this morning after working fine for months. My Outlook.pst file is 138mb, so not too big. Additionally, I can't open a web page until I have shut Outlook down, as IE hangs. I have saved my Outlook.pst file in case I have to delete thn re-install Outlook. I have run my antivirus through my PC, but all is clean. Anybody h...

Outlook 2003 crashing when adding attachments
fully patched outlook 2003. problem started in November after upgrading to IE7. Seemed to resolve itself, but now started up again last week. Start a new message, click on paperlclip to attach file, the browse window pops up and almost at the same time I get a crash: "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" However, if I use the adobe "Attach as PDF" - which brings up a minimal file browser - it does not crash. Event Viewer shows: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, faulting modul...

Access 2003 06-20-07
I assist someone who's business relies upon the contacts in the database. I'm new to Access, and only have a very cursory understanding of how it works. The issue is that my job is to constantly add contacts to the database, and she needs constant access to the database at the same time. When I've been working on entries, she is not able to open the database. She claims that with her previous assistant, they were both able to be on the database at the same time, and thinks that the fact that I have several applications (Word, Firefox, Outlook...etc) open at the same time is ...

Junk email options don't work properly in Outlook 2003
I have several domains listed on the "Blocked Senders" tab of the Junk email options. For example: @funblvd.com @webhotstuff.com @yahoo.ca @yahoo.com @yahoo.co.uk @yahoo.fr etc... I still get emails slipping in from spam senders such as d1fxq29f3@yahoo.com. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN! Also, why can't Microsoft allow me to block based on text matches of domains, and not the complete domain? I wouldn't need to enter 4 yahoo based filters if they implemented this! It's hard to believe with all the financial resources behind MS, they can't think through this stuff better...

Exchange 2003 dumpster
1. each store has its own dumpster? 2. is there a default setting for the size limit? How to change it? 3. how to check current dumpster size for a store? 4. if I set a limit and the dumpster reached the limit? will it delete items from oldest? I do have a system policy for deleted items for 14 days. But I guess the oldest items will be deleted based on the dumpster size limit or retention policy whichever met first, right. 5. could I set dumpster without size limit? I'd like to control it based on item age not its size. 6. if the system policy is set 14 days and the store...

scrolling through a document in Publisher 2003
Why can't I scroll within my document with my mouse? I can scroll if the mouse is anywhere in the borders, toolbars, or scrollbars - or if i hold down the shift button, but I can't scroll within the document!! Publisher 2000, word 2003, and my friend's copy of publisher 2003 scrolls within the document - why can't I??? Any guidance would be appreciated :-) Your issue is with your hardware, not Publisher. Do you have this issue with all Publisher files? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Very annoying behaviour of Excel 2003
Each time I am opening Excel, it is installing some component. This takes several minutes, and becomes very annoying. I recently had to reinstall XP and Office from the distribution CDs. I have the problem since then. It certainly has something to do with the install. Does anyone on this forum ever experienced such a behaviour. I am running Office 2003 on XP SP3. have you tried doing a repair in the help menu? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020549D4-8070-46ED-8768-821EECD87C88@microsof...

Help with Publisher 2003
I currently have a trial version of Publisher 2003 and I am trying to email a two page newsletter. I do not want it as an attachment but in the email. Currently, Publisher 2003 only allows to email current page. Is there a way around this? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Mike <@>... > I currently have a trial version of Publisher 2003 and I am trying to > email a two page newsletter. I do not want it as an attachment but > in the email. Currently, Publisher 2003 only allows to email current > page. Is there a way arou...

Huge File size
This issue started as an excessive e-mail size for just text, but seems to be more of a HTML problem. When using Outlook 2000, using Word as the e-mail editor, writing a simple e-mail in HTML format with a few colors of text, (no graphics or attachments) the e-mail file size becomes either 32MB or 44MB in size. (Yes, Megabyte) When the text is cut and pasted into Word, and saved as a "doc" file, the file size is very small, when re-pasted into a new e-mail, the size increases again. Acting on an earlier response, I found the following... E-mail file size = 44Mb, yes Megab...

failed exchange 2003
Hello, I have a single organization with 4 servers exchange 2003 ent, yesterday one of them, for hardware problems, failed and I cannot start up, not it was the main of the organization, so directly from the "system did manager" remove it, is it correct?, it is some rake type in the schema or register? thanks Miguel By removing the server in ESM, you essentially removed all configuration information about that Exchange server in AD. Was the hardware error not fixable? What are you trying to achieve? If you need this server back up, you will need to rebuild from scratch as an ex...

having 2 accounts in outlook 2003 and deciding which one to send as
Hi, I have 2 accounts in outlook 2003. One is my exchange work account and the other is my home account. When I send e-mails, I would like to choose which account I can send from. I think Outlook Express has this feature, does Outlook 2003 have it? Thanks. Yes, it is the Accounts button. Also, you need to ensure that you can send from both accounts at home - authentication is probably required for one or the other, depending on the accounts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 clients cannot view calendars of Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007 users
We are in the middle of planning the migration to Exchange 2007, and I have noticed that our Outlook 2003 users can not view the shared calendars of users on Exchange 2007. I get the message "Unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened." I have checked permissions and they look fine. Email is replication fine between the 2 servers, and the Free/Busy info looks good. I tried to google this, but I get everything but..... Is there a workaround for this? Thanks in advance! I've also found that Outlook 2003 can not be setup for...

Slow Printing w/ Publisher 2003
I have a user printing a document with a size of 1.6 MB. When she sends the job to a network printer (HP LaserJet 4550C) it prints VERY slowly. It will print a page, then pause, and then print another. I had this problem once before on the same model printer, in that case it had a low toner message for yellow so I changed the cartridge and I was back in business. This printer does not have a low toner message, but her magenta is at 8%. Is this a problem with Publisher? She can print at regular speed when printing from any other application. Any ideas for me?? Sorry about the double pos...