Install/Uninstall MS Office

Need to know if I have to uninstall old Office to load new one. Is it more
efficient?
thanks..

It all depends on what you want to do.  It is absolutely not necessary
to uninstall the old product before installing the new one.  Indeed, it
is possible to run multiple versions of Office suite on the same machine
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091.  The only exception is that
Microsoft Outlook can only be run only in one version - either the old
version (not a good idea anyway) or the new one.

If you have enough disk space, then you should clearly keep the old
version as you may want to get used to the new Ribbon system in Office
2007 and Office 2010 but you will get the option to remove the old
version should you wish to when you install the new one.

Hope this helps.

"MAR" <MAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
 > Need to know if I have to uninstall old Office to load new one. Is it
more
 > efficient?
 > thanks..

0
yb52okj
3/9/2010 4:34:00 AM
It all depends on what you want to do.  It is absolutely not necessary to
uninstall the old product before installing the new one.  Indeed, it is
possible to run multiple versions of Office suite on the same machine
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091.  The only exception is that
Microsoft Outlook can only be run only in one version - either the old
version (not a good idea anyway) or the new one.

If you have enough disk space, then you should clearly keep the old version
as you may want to get used to the new Ribbon system in Office 2007 and
Office 2010 but you will get the option to remove the old version should you
wish to when you install the new one.

Hope this helps.

"MAR" <MAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need to know if I have to uninstall old Office to load new one. Is it more
> efficient?
> thanks..

0
ybS2okj
3/9/2010 4:34:25 AM
No. If you have purchased an upgrade, though, it may be easier to leave the
old version on.

If you have trouble or further questions, please post back with more
details, such as what "old" and "new" versions you are referring to. Several
are still supported.

--
Susan Ramlet
**please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**

"MAR" <MAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need to know if I have to uninstall old Office to load new one. Is it more
> efficient?
> thanks..

0
Susan

RE-Installing

export to .pdf from MS works spreadsheet?
If anyone can tell me how to do this I'd be very grateful. Everywhere I go with these spreadsheets, which are in .xlr or 'Microsoft Works Spreadsheet' format, they open up differently (margins and colors are different) depending on what version of 'Excel' or 'Works' the printers use. I've had no luck with the help texts, can anyone tell me how to get these files into .pdf format?? Is it an IMPORT function of adobe acrobat I need to examine? Many thanks in advance, Tom Wailea, HI You need to buy a program that creates the PDF file. They typically set...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

MS Project for Mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I saw something recently about MS Project for Mac now if you use Entourage. However I cannot seem to locate where I found this information or the link, etc. Has anyone else seen this? Does this exist or is the Entourage 2008 version now have "MS Project" type features? Thoughts? On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:12:11 -0400, nprefer@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I saw something recently about MS Project for Mac now if you use Entourage. > However I cannot s...

Installer for my access application

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

Problem uninstalling CRM for Outlook
Hi, I am having a problem when uninstalling the CRM for Outlook Toolbar. When I log onto the machine as the user who installed the CRM toolbar, I receive an error "This action is valid for products that are currently installed". We did have to delete the NT profile of the user which installed CRM toolbar, so I assume this is related to this problem. Thanks for your help! -Mike ...

MS Access vs Informix 4GL
Hello all; I am quite comfortable using Access via ODBC however I am now looking at a new position using Informix 4GL on top of SQL Technology on an HP9000 server. Has anyone had experience with Informix from a queries, data reporting, manipulation and GUI design perspective? Is it similar to Access and what would be the reasons for using Informix rather than Access. I am plowing through SQL for dummies in the case that I might have to take hours to do what I can do in minutes with Access. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks RJ "RJ" <RJ@discussio...

Microsoft Office
Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? Thanks MC You certainly should be able to I have xp home and have xl95, xl97sr2, and xl2002 all installed on mine. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MCabot" <ICC@zoomtown.com> wrote in message news:d57c1$43074b60$453dae72$5006@FUSE.NET... > Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? > > > > Thanks > MC > > Not sure what you mean by "dell XP", but see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217883 "Description of the system requirements for all editions of Office 200...

CRM SBS install error

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...

Excel 2003 installation error
I have been using my PC with excel program for 3 years and when I tried to open an excel spreadsheat today and it would not open. "Installation error: file not found" appeared. File not found was SKU011.CAB and I have not been able to reinstall as I don't have the installation CD as I bought the PC second hand with programs on it. Can anyone help? If you have access to another computer you could save the file from one computer to a disc and copy it in to the appropriate file folder in the computer with the error. "derk22" wrote: > I have been using my PC wit...