Hyperlink with a bookmark does not work in Office 2007

I have searched everywhere I could and cannot find a solution.  Need to link
to a document and bookmark.  The document opens, but not at the bookmark
(Word opens at the beginning, Excel opens on the tab where last saved).

I use the format of Document.doc#Bookmark or Spreadsheet#NamedRange.

Has anyone found a solution?

--
Thanks, Andy

Configuring Office Home and Student Edition 2007
Every time an application from Home and Student edition of Microsoft Office 2007 is started it takes about a minute to configure itself. How can I avoid that. Have accepted all agreements, reinstalled Office , logged in as administrator etc. Did you accept the EULA while you were logged in as ADMINISTRATOR or a user with ADMINISTRATOR privileges? Have you also got a previous version of Office on the same system? If so then there is a solution on Microsoft website for this. Please let me have answers to these questions. hth "c" <c@discussions.microsoft.com...

Vista doesn't boot and startup repair doesn't work
Hi Vista isn't booting on a friends laptop. I'm trying to fix it but have tried everything I can think of. See below - Startup Repair cannot repair automatically (lists the following details) Problem signature: Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2 Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000 Problem Signature 03: 6 Problem Signature 04: 1310740 Problem Signature 05: 0xf4 Problem Signature 06: 0xf4 Problem Signature 07: 0 Problem Signature 08: 2 Problem Signature 09: WrpRepair Problem Signature 10: 267 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2...

Trying to get my frist work-rule to work
Here is my frist work-rule: whenever an account is created with "SC" as the state it is assigned to the territory "Tom's Territory". [URL=http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=workflow1im1.png][IMG]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1814/workflow1im1.th.png[/IMG][/URL] and this work-rule has been activated [URL=http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=workflow2nq0.png][IMG]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4610/workflow2nq0.th.png[/IMG][/URL] but it doesn't show as active in the monitor [URL=http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=workflow3mt5.png][IMG]http...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Office Updates

Results of Microsoft Office Diagnostics
Results of Microsoft Office (2007) Diagnostics: "Update Diagnostic — Unable to access a required file" I get this everytime even after I have Selected the "Download a file periodically that helps determine system problems" check box in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, Publisher, and InfoPath as advised by the 'Results of Microsoft Office Diagnostics' webpage. What can I do to have Office recognise that this setting has been selected? -- FrancisM ...

Exchange 2007 in child domain.
Hi I have a Win2k3 domain with a couple of child domains. The two Exchange2k3 servers are in two separate Organizations(due to a 5.5 migration) and located in the root domain. The new child domain trusts the root domain, but not vice versa. Exchange2k7 asks for access to the FSMO DC in the root domain, which it can ping but apparently not access. Furthermore i get a preinstall error that says the Exchange2k7 must be in the same site/domain as the FSMO server. I suspect that exchange needs to make some schema changes before it can be installed, but are these one time changes or pr server. Co...

unwanted formatting (Word 2007)
Hello, I have a template in Word 2007 that does a mailmerge with a .CSV file. The CSV file contains fields with document names (p.e. "ST 900.docx"). During the merge, the contents of these small documents is inserted. The documents are made in Courier 12. The template is also in Courier 12 and the default font in Normal.dotx is also Courier 12. After the merge, in the "output" document, the layout of the inserted text is completely messed up: in one line the font changes from Courier to Times New Roman and back and the text will be bold where it is not in the ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Working with Splitter Window
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to have multiple SplitterWindows in one application?! I mean I want to choose between two SplitterWindows and show one at a time (for simplicity I said two, sure I'll have much more than two). Well If I could set SplitterWindow for a View object, I could've hide a view and show the other one but it seems that SplitterWindow can be attached only to MainFrame!! And something funny is that I can't use SplitterWindow for an SDI app that does not use Document/View architecture, even though it has MainFrame?? In this case overriding OnCreateClient...

SelectSingleNode..Not Working..???

Ldap server works in Outlook express but not Outlook2003
Is there any clues on how to get the sbs2003 ldap server to work with Outlook2003. It works with outlook express. Please advise. Thanks ...

Outlook 2007 Signatures
I created an html signature with a table, style tags defining the font, and absolute paths for hyperlinked images (two images butted together on the footer in a table column so that if you click image one you go to one url and image two you go to a different url) using Textpad. I then put the .html file in the Microsoft Signatures directory and edited the text from the generic template and saved it. The images live on our web-server in a dedicated directory. If I send an email to myself with no signature and only a subject, Outlook 2007 says that the size of the resulting email is 9KB....

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

combo box not working
Hi there I am trying to use a combo box to filter my data in a form. I only have one table and one form. There are five fields. I have a client and then with in a client I have orders. Both of these are seperate fields. I might two orders which would represent two records. I want the combo box (which is also on my form) to be able to filter down to see just a selected client. I have tried to use the Event procedure for the After_Update using but it doesn't work for me, Please help, Thanks in advance, Andrea What you described sounds more like a spreadsheet than an Access table...

Rules Seem to Stop Working
I use Rules in Outlook 2003 SP2, to move messages into folders depending on sender and address to information. It seems lately that some of the rules fail to do requested task. If the problem lasts more that a couple days I create a new rule to complete the task. Any ideas what may be causing this. Could my file be getting too large. Properties show > 2 GB, but still show this after I deleted 1000's of messages. Thank you If your .pst file is almost 2 gigs and it is the older (ansi) format, = you need to do some serious maintenance right now. Compact your .pst = file after emp...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Business Contact Manager reports won't work
I installed Outlook 2003 with BCM two weeks ago and cannot get the reports to work, if I try to run any of the reports under the "Business Tools" menu option, I get a message box the "The Report Cannot Be Generated. Try again later." Did a full reinstall, clean reboot, new profile...nothing works..has anybody seen this? no, my report generation works fine. Do you have opportunities created? Steve wrote: > I installed Outlook 2003 with BCM two weeks ago and cannot > get the reports to work, if I try to run any of the > reports under the "Business To...

Trial Version not working
I cant do anything in my trial version of Excel is that how its supposed to work? Thanks Why not? What do you try and what happens? Where and how did you get it? How did you install it? etc..Lots of questions *to you*! Please be more specific -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FEDDEA6-A8C2-4257-9B2D-0255F6CDF515@microsoft.com... |I cant do anything in my trial version of Excel is that how its supposed to | work? | | Thanks I downloaded the trial version from the microsoft page. I put...

how do i get the collate function to work?
I have not been able to get the collate function to work with this printer; either in Publisher or Word. I'm using a HP color inkjet printer cp1700. Any ideas? Thanks On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 04:03:07 +0000, Dogcatlady wrote (in article <38AA3CB6-8B28-4D30-BE11-AF08337048A9@microsoft.com>): > I have not been able to get the collate function to work with this printer; > either in Publisher or Word. I'm using a HP color inkjet printer cp1700. > Any ideas? > > Thanks > With all due respect, as you cannot get it to work in either Publisher or Word then th...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Problem with Product Key for Office 2003 Basic Edition
A computer at my workplace has had the hard drive cleaned by an IT person. However, now we do not have our Microsoft Office on there. We have used the disc to reinstall the programs (we need Excel and Word) but when attempting to reinstall, it says the product key is invalid. I spoke with a Microsoft rep who said that the key is probably still active from when the computer was first setup. The suggested posting here for getting a regenerate key, otherwise we need to speak with a telephone technician who will charge a fee to do this. Can anyone here help with this problem? ...

Win 98 with Office 2000: Outlook problem
Dear expert, I use Outlook 2000 SR1 (Exchange client): Outlook illegal operation caused by <unknow> ..... (or outlook.exe) When I am close the HTML email then back to Outlook screen. It caused! Rich/plain text is no problem if Word is default email editor! rgds, David with so many thanks! ...