how to get software from old PC to new PC

I have a very old PC running Windows XP and an old version of Office Small
Business 2002.  Currently I have upgrated to Office Standard 2007.  I want to
by a new PC running Windows 7 64-bit.

I have the original set up disks for Office Small Business 2002 and a couple
of upgrade disks.

Can I take the disks I have and apply them to the new computer?

Sure you can but you might want to run the Win7 upgrade advisor first and
verify the Office 2002 is even compatible with Widows 7.

"JTC" <JTC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a very old PC running Windows XP and an old version of Office Small
> Business 2002.  Currently I have upgrated to Office Standard 2007.  I want
> by a new PC running Windows 7 64-bit.
>
> I have the original set up disks for Office Small Business 2002 and a
> couple
> of upgrade disks.
>
> Can I take the disks I have and apply them to the new computer?

0
Jerry
1/28/2010 10:23:29 PM
I read that the OP has upgraded to Office 2007.  In that case install from
2007 upgrade disks, and when prompted supply the 2002 disks as proof that
this is a legitimate upgrade.

Earle

"Jerry" <ChiefZekeNoSpam@MSN.com> wrote in message
> Sure you can but you might want to run the Win7 upgrade advisor first and
> verify the Office 2002 is even compatible with Widows 7.
>
> "JTC" <JTC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a very old PC running Windows XP and an old version of Office Small
>> Business 2002.  Currently I have upgrated to Office Standard 2007.  I
>> want to
>> by a new PC running Windows 7 64-bit.
>>
>> I have the original set up disks for Office Small Business 2002 and a
>> couple
>> of upgrade disks.
>>
>> Can I take the disks I have and apply them to the new computer?

0
Earle

how can I download 2003 on new computer with no CD drive?
I have Office 2003 PE disc, but bought new laptop without CD Drive. Tried to transfer from one laptop CD Drive to new one with USB cable, but wouldn't connect. How can I download from internet and then add my activation code - product key? Or connect one computer to the other? You need either an external CD, a local network connection to a PC with a CD drive or copy the CD to a thumbdrive and install from that. You can't download from the internet. childcare trainer wrote: > I have Office 2003 PE disc, but bought new laptop without CD Drive. Tried to > transfe...

A Crystal Beginner

GP 10 new install (trial)
Hello, I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it. Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..." It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything, same result. Would anybody have a clue? This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run M...

Get paid while you get online!!

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Outlook Software Options for Palm
I just bought my first Palm (Tungsten E model). I'm looking for an Outlook software program to sync with instead of using the Palm one that has some compatibility issues with Outlook. Thanks in advance for any recommendations on third party Outlook vendors for Palm. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ http://www.chapura.com - IntelliMirror works well. It is included with most Palm OS CDs but may have been dropped from the latest Palm CDs. --� Milly St...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Restoring OLD version of IS or mailbox
I completed (without incident) my migration from 5.5 to 2003 8 months ago and wiped/shut down/re-tasked my old 5.5 server. I have Netbackup tapes of the old 5.5 server (information store and brick-level mailbox backups) going back 4 years or more. What are my options if I want to restore a 5.5 mailbox of a former employee as of 18 months ago, but I no longer have a 5.5 server? Can I restore a 5.5 mdb into a 2003 recovery storage group? (I haven't yet converted to Exchange Native Mode, but I might have) Any cool tools out there that might help? You can't restore to the RSG. ...

How can I attach a another mail to new email as not a file or picture ?
Hi, I could attach at MS Outlook a another email that could be received another time or person , but i can't find to choose for a email option. Could you make a help this to me? Best Regards It's not clear what you want to do. If you wish to forward a message, just highlight it and click on "Forward" or "Actions - Forward" or "Actions - Forward as attachment" If you are composing a message, and want to attach another message, the easiest way is to drag & drop the message into the composition window. If you wish to delay the s...

How do I get??

New to Outlook, but have a capitalization problem?
Hey all... just moved to Outlook from OE, and now find that when I type an email in HTML format, and it ENTER to break a line by choice, that the first letter in that new line is always capitalized. where can I turn that "OFF?" so that the flow is normal looking? Jim Which version of outlook? It's an autocorrect options under spell check. You can either disable it or press ctrl+z to undo it after it capitalizes. Why not just type and let outlook break the lines? I (for one) find it very annoying when people break lines on their own - the lines are weird lengths or are ve...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Regarding RMS software Key
Hello, I recently had to reinstall my pos system as well as my headquarters client. after the install i was looking through my keys (i have about 16) and noticed that the key for my headquarters client was gone. Does anyone happen to know how i can get my software working? Oh!!! You can active the Key once, you can send to mail to the partner or write the case to Microsoft!... Roberto Monge "Steve" wrote: > Hello, > > I recently had to reinstall my pos system as well as my headquarters client. > after the install i was looking through my keys (i have about 16...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Adding new fields to the schema
I'm trying to find any documentation to tell me how to add fields to the schema, but not seeing anything. Sorry if I overlooked the obvious. You want to look at the deployment manager... it has a help file associated with it. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to find any documentation to tell me how to add fields to the >schema, but not seeing anything. Sorry if I overlooked the obvious. > > >. > keep in imnd that while you can add fields you cannot remove them!! take care and research before adding many fields "kb" <anonymous@discuss...