How do I print a background image in Word 2007 without tile?

Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.

I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
seems even though it should not.

I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg

So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
a background

I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
:(

I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.

So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
page colors option which is next to the watermark option.

I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
on fill effects than inserted a picture

It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
need to do.

But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?

All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it

With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done

I was told to visit this page
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx

I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
answer to it:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php

Can someone please help me figure this out?

Additional information:

I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home premium edition

Using office Word 2007

And my printer is an HP Officejet J4500 All-in-One series
Perhaps just place it in the header and stretch to fit the page?

Tom wrote:
> Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.
>
> I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
> seems even though it should not.
>
> I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg
>
> So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
> a background
>
> I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
> and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
> :(
>
> I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
> 50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
> here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
> that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.
>
> So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
> page colors option which is next to the watermark option.
>
> I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
> on fill effects than inserted a picture
>
> It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
> exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
> need to do.
>
> But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?
>
> All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
> that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it
>
> With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done
>
> I was told to visit this page
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
> this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx
>
> I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
> answer to it:
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php
>
> Can someone please help me figure this out?

0
Bob
6/7/2010 7:29:06 PM
Tom wrote:
> Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.
>
> I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
> seems even though it should not.
>
> I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg
>
> So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
> a background
>
> I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
> and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
> :(
>
> I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
> 50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
> here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
> that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.
>
> So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
> page colors option which is next to the watermark option.
>
> I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
> on fill effects than inserted a picture
>
> It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
> exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
> need to do.
>
> But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?
>
> All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
> that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it
>
> With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done
>
> I was told to visit this page
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
> this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx
>
> I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
> answer to it:
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php
>
> Can someone please help me figure this out?

It's not hard; you made it hard. You needed to just look at the options
in the program and not searching the web for it. It's right there on the
insert tab on the ribbon, Insert>>Picture>>navigate to the image you
want to insert, then move it to the position you want it in. It's that
simple.

A watermark IS a faded image that shows under the text. When you
inserted it as a fill, that's what it did, it filled the page.

0
Donahoo

Using 2003 runtime, Access 2007 installed...
Hi Dumb-ish question:- Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 is already installed on the PC? All help gratefully received. TIA Steve "CyberDwarf" <sdi@lineone.net> wrote: >Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 >is already installed on the PC? Yes. This assumes that the version of Office 2007 does not contain Access 2007. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, ...

printing copies

Receiving email in outlook 2007
Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrepted. the server responded - ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded (pass:20,processes:Rps.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program. I checked all settings and they seem fine. Anyone else getting this message or know what I should do. Thanks for you help. Mark wrote: > Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. > Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interr...

Ghosted print and print preview

Word 2007 Configuration at start up
Word opens very slowly because it performs a configuration process every time it starts? I should mention that Exel opens fine as well as other Office 2007 program. Also I did have Word 2000 installed but took it off already and also un installed the trial version that was on here. So those fixes have been tried already. "miatapete" wrote: > Word opens very slowly because it performs a configuration process every time > it starts? Run Word as administrator and allow it to reconfigure. If you have more than one Word version installed - see the registry chan...

Hyperlink to local image file doesn't open ?
Hi all, I have a sheet listing my comic books. One colum contains links to the a local file, actually a .jpg image file of the cover of the comic book reference on the selected row. Even though the link seems correct, clicking on the cell/link doesn't produce any result (image file doesn't open). How can I obtain Excel to open a simple window (could be my default viewer) with that linked image ? When I alter the link to something wrong, I gat an error message "cannot open the specified file", so I assume that the link indeed correctly points at the physical local fil...

re: can't open corrupted word doc? encoding garbage?
Hey Mac Geniuses, I fix mac computers too, so I'd love your take & expert advice on my friend's computer w/ these two issues. Searched forums & google with varying degrees much luck. I DID find this post from google groups: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word/browse_thread/thread/d9a81587a602f5ba/1e19331b62dc937c?lnk=gst&q=corrupted+#1e19331b62dc937c Thanks in advance for your help!!! Definitely much appreciated! Here are the two main issues: 1. Corrupted word for mac issues She cannot open these files. It also seems to be &quo...

TCP/IP printing

Print Dynamic Range

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Printing booklet

Excel data into Word
I need to layout some data from excel into word. The final product needs to have 5 columns so that it looks like (repeated across). Name Name Address Address City, State ZIP City, State ZIP I remember doing this years ago in Word, but I cannot figure out to do it. I need to end up with 127 entries. This is for a page in a document. I seem to recall that at the end of each merged entry, there was a code that told word to enter the data going across rather than making a new page. Depending on whether you want the ent...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

Display file name without the file type extension
Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? Thanks. Try the below in a saved workbook. =TRIM(LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),".xl",REPT(" ",255)),255)) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "NAHolmes" wrote: > Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? > > Thanks. Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A...

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

How do I center word art exactly on the page in Publisher 2003?
Use the Arrange > Align/Distribute buttons. You can tear off the sub-menu to create a toolbar if that makes life easier for you. Then use the Relative to Page option to say to center the object relative to the page, and the Center buttons to centre it. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Word is deleting spaces between words and sentences
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am a writer and editor who works on large Word files (200 - 300 pages). I just sent a 300-page manuscript to a colleague and all of the spaces between words and sentences were removed when she opened the file on her PC! My file looks fine but when she sent me the file she had opened, all the spaces were gone. This is a disaster for me if i can't find a fix. Anyone know how to fix? <br> Thanks! One of you is missing some important updates. Make sure your copy of Word is fully up-to-date, and that hers...

Image Object outside margins on report
I have a report, with a width set to 21.2, and margins set at .2 for both left and right. The report is setup to print in landscape on letter size paper. The width is set this wide so that the report prints 2 pages wide. I have an image object in the upper right corner of the page header, to display a company logo. I have a 2nd image object in the upper right corner of what will be page 2 when printed, outside of the page width, so this same logo will print on the 2nd page. For some reason this image wont print on the 2nd page. Everything else seems to print just fine. If I place a text...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

Question about automating Word within vb6
Hi, I have a program for writing reports that is used by companies whose users are not very good with computers or using various other programs such as Word or Excel. To make sure that the users always saved the reports with the correct name and in the proper place, I have save and close options within the program. To keep them from inadvertently using the Word Save or Close options, I had a toolbar always on top which covered the Word options and would allow the users to save the report within the program properly and in the correct place. Since I use a .dot form if they trie...