How do I print a background image in Word 2007 without tile?

Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.

I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
seems even though it should not.

I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg

So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
a background

I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
:(

I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.

So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
page colors option which is next to the watermark option.

I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
on fill effects than inserted a picture

It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
need to do.

But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?

All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it

With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done

I was told to visit this page
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx

I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
answer to it:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php

Can someone please help me figure this out?

Additional information:

I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home premium edition

Using office Word 2007

And my printer is an HP Officejet J4500 All-in-One series
Perhaps just place it in the header and stretch to fit the page?

Tom wrote:
> Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.
>
> I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
> seems even though it should not.
>
> I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg
>
> So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
> a background
>
> I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
> and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
> :(
>
> I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
> 50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
> here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
> that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.
>
> So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
> page colors option which is next to the watermark option.
>
> I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
> on fill effects than inserted a picture
>
> It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
> exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
> need to do.
>
> But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?
>
> All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
> that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it
>
> With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done
>
> I was told to visit this page
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
> this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx
>
> I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
> answer to it:
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php
>
> Can someone please help me figure this out?

0
Bob
6/7/2010 7:29:06 PM
Tom wrote:
> Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.
>
> I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
> seems even though it should not.
>
> I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg
>
> So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
> a background
>
> I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
> and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
> :(
>
> I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
> 50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
> here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
> that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.
>
> So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
> page colors option which is next to the watermark option.
>
> I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
> on fill effects than inserted a picture
>
> It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
> exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
> need to do.
>
> But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?
>
> All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
> that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it
>
> With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done
>
> I was told to visit this page
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
> this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx
>
> I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
> answer to it:
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php
>
> Can someone please help me figure this out?

It's not hard; you made it hard. You needed to just look at the options
in the program and not searching the web for it. It's right there on the
insert tab on the ribbon, Insert>>Picture>>navigate to the image you
want to insert, then move it to the position you want it in. It's that
simple.

A watermark IS a faded image that shows under the text. When you
inserted it as a fill, that's what it did, it filled the page.

0
Donahoo

double sided printing
At our office we have a printer that does double sided printing. We are trying to set up our reports to print out double sided. The problem that we seem to be having is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job and therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next worksheet on the other side. If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get those to print double sided but the problem there is that Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number. So my question is this... Is there any way to get ...

print selected text OL2003
hey folks been beating my head on wall for a few days now any one knows a way to set printing options/styles to print selected text in a message ? this is for MS Outlook 2003. thanks no, it's an all or nothing deal. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: ...

Printing Color-Coded Worksheet in Black & White Mode in Excel 2003
I work with farily complex Excel worksheets which require print outs as both hard copy and PDF. I normally keep the formatting as they are and select [Black and White] in [Page Setup] [Sheet], as this preserves the integrity of the financial model while printing out a clean copy for the enduser. However, this function basically converts everyting color-coded to black & white, including cell shading patterns; I normally accentuate certain important cells by shading them in black and using a white font color. While I want the output to be black & white, I do want to preserve this p...

CRM3.0 needs to support single Exchange 2007
Microsoft CRM needs to support Exchange 2007 without the need to have an Exchange 2000/2003 server deployed. It is not acceptable for customers to wait and be expected to wait to CRm4.0 is released then upgrade to this CRM version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Word Spacing
Is it possible in MS-Word to do Word Spacing instead of Character Spacing? -- Regards Veeraraghavan. What do you mean? On Feb 9, 6:28=A0am, Veera <Ve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible in MS-Word to do Word Spacing instead of Character Spacing= ? > > -- > Regards > Veeraraghavan. Format | Font | Character Spacing allows you to change the spacing between characters; Veera wants to change the spaces between words without affecting the spacing between characters. And no, there's no easy way to do this. It would require replacin...

Outlook 2007 SPAM issues
Hi there, I have been usinf Outlook 2007 for several months now and for a while it has worked extremly well when dealing with spam. It is the past few weeks that I have noticed a trickle of spam e-mails that are passing the Office spam detector. The operating system (Vista) and Office 2007 is regularly updates to as recent as this morning. Is anyone experiencing the same or is it that there is a new attack on spam e-mails? Kindest Regards I've been noticing a flow of spam from Quadrant (I think), it might be taking time to craft a filter for the spam that doesn't remove t...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

Print random invoices from multiple batches in one step
Hi, I am looking for a way to print random invoices (invoice #s separted by commas) in one step. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks If you are on v10, you can use the Sales Transactions List from the Navigation Bar (Click on Sales, then select All Sales Transactions) to pick specific invoice numbers. You may then click on the Print Documents option under the Actions toolbar on the ribbon to print those specific documents. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at...

Counting Three Different Words In One Column
H ithere, Can someone please help me? I have a column which can only have option (due to validation), these are:- New Overdue Updated Closed I would like to count the number of times each one has been entered. Each count would be in a different cell on a different worksheet. have tried searching this forum and found answers similar to what i' looking for but i could not get any of them to work for some reason? Thanks very much for your time. Swmasso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you need to use the countif function for this so if your range is ...

outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-
Outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-mail. This is totally bizarre. ...

Curse of the winmail.dat
No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of "winmail.dat" files with Outlook 2007. I have gone through and changed all my contacts - (all 700 of them!!!) to "let outlook decide" for the email type, and then within a week or two, it changes back!!!! PLEASE HELP ME! I am also using a windows Smart phone syncing through bluetooth, if that makes any difference - maybe that is causing the problems? PLEASE HELP! It is a BUG with either MS Outlook or Activesync. If a contact is edited on the smartphone, then sync'd again, the Internet type will be set back to Rich...

Printing #4
Hi all, I have a problem printing landscape and portrait ranges in the same worksheet.Does anyone know how to do it? PeterD -- peterD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peterD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375524 Do two different File|Print's. One for Landscape and the other for Portrait. peterD wrote: > > Hi all, > I have a problem printing landscape and portrait ranges in the same > worksheet.Does anyone kno...

paste special picture from Excel 2007 to Publisher 2007 doesn't work
I have a group of charts with text in surrounding cells that I want to copy and paste special picture enhanced metafile from Excel into Publisher. I have around 200 groups of these charts to paste into the Publisher file. What happens now is that the paste special command only reveals three options: new table, new text box, and HTML. When I copy paste special into Word the picture enhanced metafile is accessible and the image pastes fine. In Publisher pasting results in worksheet cells and the charts all in pieces and messy. I could copy the Word image into Publisher, but UGH!!200 TIMES. There...

Viewing and listening to Notebook notes on PC Word 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a .docx document in Word 2008 for the Mac and now i want to open the document in Word 2007 in windows and play the audio. Is this possible. <br><br>Michael No. Sorry... Well... "Sort of..." :-) Since it is a .docx, you can actually dig the audio out by unzipping. Make a copy of the document and change the file extension to .zip. Open the zip file and you will see a set of folders. In the Media folder you will see one or more .mp3 files. That's your audio: copy it out...

Excel 2007 startup
How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous versions one could start the excel program without opening the blank default workbook, but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007? "RPB" <RPB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:189FFE77-92D4-4276-BE0E-82A85B0BA1EC@microsoft.com... > How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous > versions > one could start the excel program without opening the blank default > workbook, > but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007? Well I've been using Ex...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Access 2007 Positioning of click box
I have an Access Form, on the form are click boxes (Icon click, asks a question, then prints report). Unfortunately when you access the form, then select the click box, it obscures the information required to answer the prompt. I need to make the click box appear in a set place that does not obscure my text. Ideas welcomed, please keep them simple. I have looked here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=208299 & this works on Access 2003, but I cannot find it on 2007. But this is not what I want as I would like to keep the form centred Thanks There are 2 directions to t...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

Client Area for printing
How can I set up my client area so that it matches the size of a printing page? -- Just Al "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39901C39-732C-4BA2-A11A-A46577BED912@microsoft.com... > How can I set up my client area so that it matches the size of a printing > page? I am not entirely sure what bit of information you're lacking here. The client area is the area of a window which you are responsible for drawing. Document windows are usually resizable. The document itself may know about the printer page for which it is formatted. When y...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...

Publisher vs Word 2002
I am currently using Word 2002 to make up facsimile copies of old catalogs. These are mostly graphics and can bee from 15-150 pages. The documens are big, 200MB and larger, but are very simple in design, usually just one bif image per page, sometimes with headers and footers.. I need the ability to have headers and footers, sometimes with page numbers. Would I benefit by moving to Publisher? If so, in what ways? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from JB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am currently using Word 2002 to make up...

how to scan an image into new email message.
anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? -- 5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com The scanning software may have a "scan to email" function. James <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote: > anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as > an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? Nothing can be on your computer without being on your disk, just like you cannot have a thought without it residing in your brain. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wr...

F1 and Office 2007
I bought a new HP Pavillion using Windows 7. My Help files in Office 2007 are now written in code. F1 ceases to exist. In addition, I have to load ALL of Microsoft's updates by hand. They do not like to be downloaded automatically although they are suggested daily AND REJECTED daily. I am not enjoying my new computer or Windows 7 very much. Thank you so much for letting me share. How about paying for my therapy? -- Living large in So Cal You don't have an Office problem, you have a Win problem "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Label Printing #3
I have brother 7820 printer and When I print label using avery 5160 paper by label wizard The problem I have on 3rd row If price is $15.99 the last nine print only half. It look like $15.9 . How should I fix this problem Gil, If you are speaking about the 3rd column or label, check the printer's print margins or you will have to modify the label template. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outl...