hidden tif files

I activated MDI for windows 7 and can now open mdi files; however, I can't
see their icons, and I can't see .tif icons.  I can only tell the files are
there when I print a new .tif file and the existing file list appears during
the 'save as' step.  How do I see the icons/files?  I have already done the
"show hidden files" step.

Control Panel, Folder Options, View tab, Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file
types."

--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"GretaJo" <GretaJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I activated MDI for windows 7 and can now open mdi files; however, I can't
> see their icons, and I can't see .tif icons.  I can only tell the files are
> there when I print a new .tif file and the existing file list appears during
> the 'save as' step.  How do I see the icons/files?  I have already done the
> "show hidden files" step.

0
Mary
4/17/2010 7:07:13 PM
Followed that path - it's already unchecked.  But thanks, I'll keep trying.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Control Panel, Folder Options, View tab, Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file
> types."
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MVP
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "GretaJo" <GretaJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I activated MDI for windows 7 and can now open mdi files; however, I can't
> > see their icons, and I can't see .tif icons.  I can only tell the files are
> > there when I print a new .tif file and the existing file list appears during
> > the 'save as' step.  How do I see the icons/files?  I have already done the
> > "show hidden files" step.
>

> .

Have you checked your file associations? Right-click a .tif, opens with...
change.

--

> Followed that path - it's already unchecked.  But thanks, I'll keep trying.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Control Panel, Folder Options, View tab, Uncheck "Hide extensions for known
>> file
>> types."
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MVP
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "GretaJo" <GretaJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I activated MDI for windows 7 and can now open mdi files; however, I can't
>> > see their icons, and I can't see .tif icons.  I can only tell the files are
>> > there when I print a new .tif file and the existing file list appears
>> > during
>> > the 'save as' step.  How do I see the icons/files?  I have already done the
>> > "show hidden files" step.
>>

>> .

0
Mary
4/17/2010 10:03:40 PM
yes - have been playing around - I have older .tif and .mdi files and I can
open them; but any new .tif file I create, the only time I can see it is
during the 'save as' step of creating another.  A file search won't find
them, nothing else will, at least not that I've found yet.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you checked your file associations? Right-click a .tif, opens with...
> change.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MVP
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "GretaJo" <GretaJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Followed that path - it's already unchecked.  But thanks, I'll keep trying.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Control Panel, Folder Options, View tab, Uncheck "Hide extensions for known
> >> file
> >> types."
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MVP
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "GretaJo" <GretaJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> .
> >>

> .

Does anyone know how to insert a pdf file into publisher?
I am trying to insert a .pdf file of a chart into publisher. Can anyone help. sue@baumannoonan.net wrote: > I am trying to insert a .pdf file of a chart into publisher. Can > anyone help. ====================== Have a look at the following srticle: Converting PDF Files So that they can be imported into Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/convertpdf -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for ...

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

No pst listed in Outlook 2007 "import a file"
I need to import data from an Outlook PST file stored elsewhere on my computer. When in Outlook 2007 I use: File/Import and Export/Import and Export Wizard/ Import from another program or file/ ..... now there is no vertical slider bar fro me to move down to select "pst file". Some lines of text in this Import a file window are truncated at the right hand side and to me it looks as if the text font is larger than normal. Hope someone can assist? regards, "nobody" You never use import to transfer data form a native file. Just open it to get what you need. --...

copy file in lan
Hi, i need some help i dont know how to copy files in lan where i have to insert the password , how can i insert the passowrd and the user programaticly. my purpose is to create a backup of some files from many computers in our company some pc are runing with win98 thanks for help i think i get my answer i must use WNetAddConnection3(...) "mido1971" wrote: > Hi, > i need some help > i dont know how to copy files in lan where i have to insert the password , > how can i insert the passowrd and the user programaticly. > > my purpose is to create a...

Opening Money 2001 backup file
I recently had to reformat my PC, and reload all the software. When I try and open my money backup file, I'm prompted for a password, which I don't know. How can I get the program to open the backup file? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I recently had to reformat my PC, and reload all the >software. When I try and open my money backup file, I'm >prompted for a password, which I don't know. How can I >get the program to open the backup file? See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q152 ...

hidden sheets
Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, and still have the workbook calculate formulas based off of the hidden worksheets. The reason i ask is i have alot of information within the spreadsheet that i do not really need at this time, and i would like to hide it so that it makes it easier to navigate through the workbook. Hi, Yes you can still read values from hidden sheets and use those values in a calculation and you can write to hidden sheets with code. Mike "Soccerboy83" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, a...

Excel example files
I teach an excel class at a local school and need to find some files that I can use to test the students. This is a basic class and was wondering if anyone knows if Microsoft or some other site may have files that I can use as quiz material. Thanks Hi Dig what topics exactly were you hoping these files would cover? how are you planning to use them. i've probably got some you could have if you'ld like to be a touch more specific. Cheers JulieD "Dig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b8d01c486b9$a637c100$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tea...

File MNY corrupted
Hi, A friend of mine is using MSMoney 98 and somehow, he got his MNY file corrupted. Is there any way or tool to make it work again? I tryed to restore the backup but it didn't work. Thanks in advance, Vinicius See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. Good luck. M98, seven versions obsolete, was one of the flakiest versions ever. "Vinicius Pontes" <ViniciusPontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ADDA24B-0E76-4A12-AAEB-1D29CA3C4381@microsoft.com... > A friend of mine is using MSMoney 98 and somehow, he got his MNY file > corrupted. > >...

PST files -- why such a big deal???
We're hoping that by installing Virtual PC7 we'll be able to get back into those pesky PST files from Outlook and export to Outlook Express for yet another export to Entourage and/or Apple Mail. We looked at Outlook Extract software and it has nice features, but again, you have to have Outlook up and running. The software from www.littlemachines.com looks nice, the price is right, but there's no indicator as to whether or not you've got to have Outlook active on the system. Since we switched to Apple after the second total death of Dell Dimension units we could recover the h...

Location of .tmp files in Excel
Excel is saving the .tmp files in "My Documents" folder when it should be in the windows temp folder. How do I change this? I've never seen excel save a file with a .tmp extension (well, unless I specified it with a File|SaveAs). Are you sure it's excel and not your antivirus program? (Excel will create a temporary file (8 characters--no extension) that it uses when it saves a file, though.) Steve wrote: > > Excel is saving the .tmp files in "My Documents" > folder when it should be in the windows temp folder. > How do I change this? -- Dave Pete...

Create a report from different files
I need to create a report from several files with different names but from the same cells in each file and paste them into a new file with the information in specific locations and then calculate for totals etc... How do I direct Excel to get the information? There may be a changing umber of files but they will always be in the same folder. Tom Tom, What version of Excel do you work with? "Tom Velnosky" wrote: > I need to create a report from several files with different names but from > the same cells in each file and paste them into a new file with the > informa...

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

Locked File #2
I am using Microsoft Publisher on a computer that is on a network. I was working on a file and making changes to a file that was saved on the network. As I was working the computer froze up and shut down. Now I cannot get into that file. The error reads: The file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Please close the other program and try opening or importing the file again. I cannot find where the file is open. I can't open the file from other computers on the network. The original file was on a different hard drive then the computer I was using to make the chan...

Missing cab file YA561403
I'm trying to upgrade from Office XP (2002) to Office 2003...I get about 1 min into the installation and the program tell me it is missing cab file YA561403.cab....help ...

How do I convert a .pub file to a .gif file (Publisher 2000) ?
I created a graphic in Publisher that I want to insert into a Word document. I want to convert the graphic (containing both text and drawn objects) to some kind of image file so that I can turn it into a Clip Art (via Clip Gallery 5.0 -> Import File), but Clip Gallery just won't accept the file as a ..pub file, and I can't figure out how to get the computer to convert the .pub file to a .gif file. Please help ! Take a screenshot. With Pub opened and your image displayed push PrtScrn button on your keyboard. This copies the image (actually the entire screen) to your Clipboard...

Is it safe to delete files in UCEArchive
Is it safe to delete files in UCEArchive folder. The folder size is over 3GB and 250,000 files. I disabled IMF because I purchased a spam blocker. It's safe in the sense that it won't hurt anything to do so. Obviously you won't have the archived messages anymore if you delete them. It isn't a bad idea to run multiple spam blockers though, assuming they aren't incompatable. This is especially true when one of them is free. -another Peter "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78148A1B-B0F9-4072-9063-CD64A0CBA6EA@microsoft.com....

select and copy files
I have a table that has following fields: 1) account number 2)assiciated file name and 3) description of file 4) file path. Filenames are formatted as account number with 2 digit alphanumeric code following (i.e. 12345a2, 67890b1) table has approximately 300,000 records each associated with one of 130,000 unique account numbers. Goal is to select and copy to new destination only those files associated with a subset (approc 100,000) of 130,000 unique account numbers. Inversely, I could copy all 300,000 files then select and delete those associated with the 30,000 account numbers. any...

No pst file on computer
Hello, I purchased Office 2007 standard. I install the product no problem. everything works except outlook. When starting outlook for set up it tells me can't find .pst file. I have no outlook pst file on my computer at all. It then lets me try to find it, but it is not on machine. I uninstalled Office then tried to reinstall it but I still have the same problem. Any thoughts or help ? Thanks, Jay Did you have Outlook on the computer before if yes which version was it? The Office 2007 Standard that you are trying to install is it a Retail or an Upgrade version -- ...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

opening a pub file
How can I open a pub file if I do not have Publisher. You can't... Have your sender create a PDF file for you from the Publisher file. If that is impossible, send the file to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff U" <JeffU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CDD707C-01BF-4EBF-B46E-B3F5802B3578@microsoft.com... > How can I open a pub file if I do not have Publisher. Can't be done; not even with a gun. Have the...

Comparing XML Files

Opening files #2
I am unable to double click on an attachement or file in an outlook email. It will not open in a separate window. I have Outlook Express ver. 6 Tools->Options->Security. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Regarding CArchive,Files and CSockets
Hello again, I am trying to work on creating the client/server portion of my solution via MFC. I think I got a handle on threading and sockets a bit so far. Essentially each connection on the client/server side uses this type of code: CSocket CurSocket; CurSocket.Create(); CSocketFile CurSocketFile(&CurSocket,TRUE); CArchive arSend(&CurSocketFile,CArchive::store); CArchive arRecv(&CurSocketFile,CArchive::load); CurSocket.Connect("localhost",1337); (e.g. it creates a socket if it doesn't have one, and attaches the CSocketFile and CArchive classes to allow data to...

Excel files cannot open.
my office version is office 2000 SR-1,when open it ,Only any of the files appears error message" Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by the windows.you will need to restart the rogram. An error log is being created."But these files is very important,please ask for help,thanks lot. "benson.chen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:052001c3d973$fffcf460$a401280a@phx.gbl: > my office version is office 2000 SR-1,when open it ,Only > any of the files appears error message" Excel.exe has > generated errors and will b...

Importing Text Files #3
When importing a comma-delimited .txt file, are there any settings that can be made so that Excel automatically recognizes all leading zeros in fields? I am now going through the import wizard and changing the format from general to text for all fields that I can recognize that have leading zeros but this is cumbersome. No. But if you're always importing files with the same layout, you could record a macro when you import one of these files. Do all the stuff you want during the import, but keep recording when you add headers/page setup/filters/subtotals/whatever. Then when you n...