Groove 2007 problems after upgrade from 3.1.

I've just gone through the very painful process of upgrading to Groove 2007
from version 3.1. A whole day lost trying to make it work again when it was
fine before.

But it is still not working correctly. Only some of my contacts are showing
as online. I've gone through the "delete the contact"/"send a message"/"add
the contact" process as suggested in the knowledgebase but no success.

I can even send messages to the ones who appear offline, but when they reply
I do not receive them.

Amy ideas?

Tony.

There is a specific group for groove questions. (link below for your
convenience )
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove&cat=en_US_792FBD1E-56F4-C0D4-D4DB-2249A9A182A6&lang=en&cr=US&exp=1

Tony wrote:
> I've just gone through the very painful process of upgrading to Groove 2007
> from version 3.1. A whole day lost trying to make it work again when it was
> fine before.
>
> But it is still not working correctly. Only some of my contacts are showing
> as online. I've gone through the "delete the contact"/"send a message"/"add
> the contact" process as suggested in the knowledgebase but no success.
>
> I can even send messages to the ones who appear offline, but when they reply
> I do not receive them.
>
> Amy ideas?
>
> Tony.

0
Bob
2/11/2010 6:15:04 PM
Tony

Try here

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove

--
Peter

"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just gone through the very painful process of upgrading to Groove 2007
> from version 3.1. A whole day lost trying to make it work again when it was
> fine before.
>
> But it is still not working correctly. Only some of my contacts are showing
> as online. I've gone through the "delete the contact"/"send a message"/"add
> the contact" process as suggested in the knowledgebase but no success.
>
> I can even send messages to the ones who appear offline, but when they reply
> I do not receive them.
>
> Amy ideas?
>
> Tony.

0
Peter
2/11/2010 6:20:51 PM
Thanks. I couldn't find the groove group.

Tony.

"Bob I" wrote:

> There is a specific group for groove questions. (link below for your
> convenience )
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove&cat=en_US_792FBD1E-56F4-C0D4-D4DB-2249A9A182A6&lang=en&cr=US&exp=1
>

> Tony wrote:
> > I've just gone through the very painful process of upgrading to Groove 2007
> > from version 3.1. A whole day lost trying to make it work again when it was
> > fine before.
> >
> > But it is still not working correctly. Only some of my contacts are showing
> > as online. I've gone through the "delete the contact"/"send a message"/"add
> > the contact" process as suggested in the knowledgebase but no success.
> >
> > I can even send messages to the ones who appear offline, but when they reply
> > I do not receive them.
> >
> > Amy ideas?
> >
> > Tony.
>
> .

You're welcome, have a great day!

Tony wrote:
> Thanks. I couldn't find the groove group.
>
> Tony.
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>There is a specific group for groove questions. (link below for your
>>convenience )
>>http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove&cat=en_US_792FBD1E-56F4-C0D4-D4DB-2249A9A182A6&lang=en&cr=US&exp=1
>>

>>Tony wrote:
>>
>>>I've just gone through the very painful process of upgrading to Groove 2007
>>>from version 3.1. A whole day lost trying to make it work again when it was
>>>fine before.
>>>
>>>But it is still not working correctly. Only some of my contacts are showing
>>>as online. I've gone through the "delete the contact"/"send a message"/"add
>>>the contact" process as suggested in the knowledgebase but no success.
>>>
>>>I can even send messages to the ones who appear offline, but when they reply
>>>I do not receive them.
>>>
>>>Amy ideas?
>>>
>>>Tony.
>>
>>.

0
Bob

Month problem

Money 2007 and HSBC Bank USA
Has anyone gotten Money 2007 to work with HSBC? Cheers Ryan In microsoft.public.money, Ryan Finnesey wrote: >Has anyone gotten Money 2007 to work with HSBC? According to http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/PA_1_1_39/content/usshared/Personal%20Services/Online%20Services/Personal%20Internet%20Banking/internet%20banking%20guide.pdf you would want to sign up for online services. I am setup for Internet banking. I can login fine to the web site and review account information. But when I am setting up Money it tells me I need to request direct services with HSBC. I have called HSBC Internet Ba...

SP2 for Money 2007
Is it possible to download SP2 for Money 2007 directly from a URL somewhere? If so, where? -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com "Squirrely D" <Squirrely D@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:45d5d34d$0$16353$88260bb3@free.teranews.com... > Is it possible to download SP2 for Money 2007 directly from a URL > somewhere? If so, where? I don't think so. Definitely not. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails t...

integration of project server 2007 and moss 2007
I have two server in one i have installed single server installation of project server 2007 in which and on the other server separately i installed moss 2007 and make Database server of MOSS 2007 is Project Server 2007. Now we can integrate Project Server 2007 and MOSS 2007 in this way and want to configure proposal workflow. Because i dont want to install moss 2007 in existing installation of project server 2007. I don't know Project Server, but your question is not clear as to what you are asking. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we co...

Office Groove or Groove 2010
Hi there - I am researching Office Groove as a collaboration tool, but need to better understand exactly what it is or does. I have several questions that I'm not quite sure where to start; there is quite a bit of information on using Groove. Anyway, it sounds like Groove comes or will come in the Office suite. In order to collaborate with others, am I missing anything about needing a Groove Server or some type of middle ware application? This sounds like a Sharepoint application, as in 2010 Groove is getting a new name, and since I know little to nothing about Sharepoi...

problem with CDataSource throving exception
Hello! Here is the whole method called DBInitCommandTemplate below that cause the DS.Open to throw an exception after this method has been called several times. Sometimes it's after 10 times or more and sometimes it's less then 10 times. As I have written in many previous mail I have only one statement in the try block and that is the DS.Open so as far as I understand it's only code within this DS.Open that can cause the catch handler to be called. I have made a minor change in the code when calling the DS.Open and that is I use literal value directly as parameter when calli...

Microsoft Groove
If I have a software that I purchased that has a suite of Microsoft Office softwares (Including Groove) & I am trying to install just the Microsoft Groove application from this suite onto someone's computer that already has Microsoft Office 2007 (but does not have the Microsoft Groove application), how do I get this installed on their computer without wiping out / and or damaging the existing Microsoft Office already installed on their computer? Do I need to first backup there hard drive, then uninstall Microsoft Office that they have and then install the Microsoft Offic...

Excel 2007 Data Analysis Toolpack
I have installed Data Analysis Toolpack in Excel 2007 but it shows up in French, uninstalled and reinstalled the pack but still shows up in french, copied the addin from another PC and overwritten the one on my PC but it didnt help. My computers Language Setting is all setup in US English. What else can I do to fix the issue, I am doubting if reinstalling Office will fix it. Why do you need to install it anyway? Isn't it built in to Excel 2007? Pete On Feb 9, 6:31=A0pm, redcarullo <redcaru...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed Data Analysis To...

Problems with creating a newsletter

e-mailing using the button on the pull down menu
When we try to use the e-mail button to send a snapshot attachment of a report we get the following error, "Microsoft Office Access can't open the mail session". I have outlook up and running on my computer at the same time. This function works on our computers that have Office pro 2003 running on them but none of our 2007. We have 2007 installs that were upgrades and installs that were new and all of them get the same results. All of the computers are running xp. Any help would be appreciated on this, thanks. ...

Works in 2000, not in 2007
Hi All..... I have a program that opens a second file and then copies a sheet out of it into the main program. It was written in XL2000 and works fine. When I try to run it in XL2007 it stops on the following line: ActiveSheet.Copy after:=ThiisWorkbook.sheets(1) And gives the following error message: "Excel cannot insert the sheets into the destination workbook, because it contains fewer rows and columns than the source workbook. To move or copy the data to the destination workbook, you can select the data, and then use the Copy and paste commands to insert it into ...

Using DDE to communicate with Word 2007
I'm not sure which MS newsgroup to post this in, so I hope it's OK here. In another language, I am using DDE to communicate with Word. I attempt to establish a DDE channel to a Word document on a networked drive ("P:\MYDIR\MYDOC.DOC") which I use as the 'topicname'. This code has worked fine for years with Word 2003, but is now failing with Word 2007. I came across KnowledgeBase article #970942 that pertains to a June 2009 hotfix to Word 2007 that I think may be relevant. It lists one of conditions that would be fixed by this HotFix: "When you ...

Array problem
I have a class defined as follows class __declspec(dllexport) CContract { public: CString GetProp(int nProp); int GetNoProps(); bool Initialise(); CContract(CString sID = ""); virtual ~CContract(); private: int m_nProps; CString m_sID; CStringArray m_saProps; ADO::_ConnectionPtr m_pConn ; }; The class is a member of a FormView class which calls the initialise method. During the Initialise() the class populates it'self from a database and this all works fine. The GetProp() method is defined as CString CContract::GetProp(int nProp) { if( m_saProps.GetSize() <...

DPM 2007 Erase
Hello, why DPM 2007 SP1 it takes so long to erase tapes LTO ? take more than 8 hours Tks. The full erase is supposed to take longer as per the capacity of the tape. This issue is fixed with a new feature called Quick erase in DPM 2010, unfortunately this is not available in DPM 2007 SP1. -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. "Al...

Saving Issue in 2007
Hello, I created a PowerPoint 2007 presentation yesterday .pptx and saved it to my network drive. I'm the only person who worked on it. Today I opened the file and made revisions to it. When it's time to save the file, I went to Office Button > SAVE. I got an error saying the file is in READ-ONLY and cannot be saved. I have to rename the file. Does anyone know why this is happening? No one has the file open besides myself. This happened to me on Monday and yesterday. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This will often happen if you'r...

macro problem #4
Hi all, In my routine job, I have to input data in excel. I want that after I input data in Range "A1", then press Enter button, it will move to right to let me input other data Range" B1", then I press Enter button again, it can move to Range"C1" to let me input data. And then, When finish input data in these three cells, it can move to next row to let me in next three cells again......... I tried to use macro to record these steps, but when the macro is running, it will not let me input data, it just replay what I input before. How can I create macro ...

Is ACT! 2007 really THIS bad?
Cnet rating is Abysmal 1.4 out of 10 for user reviews. Average of 1.5 stars from Amazon.com with review titles like... "Act 2007-Run For your life" "A Support Nightmare!" and "25 hours of problems later...I give up!" I sent some of this stuff to the consultant we were talking to about upgrading and he sent us this.. "Unfortunately, we have become aware of some very unethical tactics of some of the major competitors of ACT (namely Goldmine and salesforce.com) that use many of their partners to actually post review after review that are negative...to the poi...

Outlook 2007 Error Message #2
Receiving the following message: A data file did not close properly the last time i was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in place. It's been a couple hours and the system will not let me open Outlook even in Safe Mode? Any suggestions for this problem. It is very annoying. Although I am able to check my email online. Kimberly Thompson <KimberlyThompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Receiving the following message: A data file did not close properly > the last time i was used and is being checked for problems. ...

distribution group #3
As far as I'm concern it is not possible to send an email to all users that are members of a mail-enable security group. Is it correct? I have to create a distribution group. thank you Thomas No, you can send mail to a mail-enabled security group. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Thomas Lally" <juste_ciel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8673626a.0406011114.29434673@posting.google.com... > As far as I'm concern it is not possible to send an email to all users > that are members of a mail-enable securit...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

Access 2007 error when sending email through Outlook 2007
I send email using this module: Sub sbSendMessage(argRecipient, argFrom, argSubject, argBody, argUserKey, argNbrEmail) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment Dim tmpRecipient As String Dim tmpSubject As String Dim tmpBody As String Dim tmpFrom As String Dim tmpUserKey As Long Dim tmpNbrEmail As Integer tmpRecipient = argRecipient tmpSubject = argSubject tmpBody = argBody tmpFrom = argFrom tmpUserKey = argUserKey ...

Problem with excel file
Hi, I have an excel file that is used by multiple users. The file is linked to several other files and automatically updates itself when any of the othr files are updated. Recently after rebooting the server that stores the file, the users are getting "File is locaked ....". I tried everything I can but still get the same message. Any ideas? Thanks If the Server/path name has changed, Excel links would still be to the old location and will not be able to find the file.........also, if the re-boot was done with a backup that was made BEFORE the file was stored there, Excel co...

Problems linking CxImage
Hi, I am at my wits end trying to get CxImage (from The CodeProject) to link without warnings of multiply defined symbols. I have sorted out the issues with run-times and it seems to be down to linking, but no matter what combination of msvcrt and msvcrtd I tell it to ignore as default libraries, I still get about five multiply defined symbols. Ignoring nothing (for now I'm looking at Debug Multithreaded), I get five LNK4006s, finishing: [last of five] MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : warning LNK4006: _free already defined in libcmtd.lib(dbgheap.obj); second definition ignored LINK :...

Problem with sizing Sub Forms on tabbed forms
Hi, I have an existing application that was designed with several seperate forms. They now want to convert that to a tabbed interface. I have sized the forms uniformly such that they all fit the tabbed control pages. When I load them onto the tabbed pages though they all show differently. Some show large white margins on the bottom but do not show the whole form. Others show similar effects on the right side. Am I missing some magic setting?? Thanks Frustrated The subform is sitting in a holder. You want to re-size the holder, not the subform. Go out to the edge ...

Occasional blank messages in Outlook 2007
I have Norton Internet Security on my laptop with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Only on that laptop do I find that every third or every other newer email message suddenly comes up blank when I start outlook. What may be causing this and how can it be fixed? Thanks! -- Craig Salt Lake City A lot of modern Antivirus products will scan your e-mail for you as it's received (and sometimes sent too). On the surface of it this seems like a good idea but in practice it often causes problems with Outlook such as blank messages, missing attachments, stalls and hangs and other ...