Drag and Drop from 2007 Excel and Word File Open and File Save win

One one of our Windows XP SPK3 computers were running Office 2007. When ever
your using Word or Excel and you use either the File Open or File Save
commands and the Windowed Dialog Box appears with your file and folder
listings it will not let you move or drag and drop a file from one location
to another.

Lets say you have 3 Sub Folders in My Documents  ( Folder 1, Folder 2 and
Folder 3 each containing files.) You notice while in the File / Open or File
/ Save Dialog Box window that their are several files which currently reside
in the My Documents folder but should be in say Sub Folder 1.  From all other
systems I am able while in the File / Open or File / Save Dialog box to
highligt a file or group of files and move them to another folder.  Say move
File-01.doc to Folder 1 or move File-02.xls to Folder 2. Its not letting me
do this while in the Office .. Word or Excel File / Save or File / Open
dialog windows.  I can do it outside of Office as in Explorer Windows.

I have as mentioned in an earlier fix deleted the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data key saved the
registry then reopened Word or Excel and it will in Word work for 1 attempt
then it once again stops working.

I have done the Office Diagose and Repair functions but still I can't get
this Drag and Drop feature to work properly.

All updates are current.

Thanks for your assistance.

Reminders slow to pop up in Outlook 2007.
Hello, I usually set reminders for early morning so they pop up in the morning the first time I run Outlook 2007. I can load Outlook, send and receive e-mail on multiple accounts and RSS feeds, and if I find that I have no e-mail, exit the program in the next 5-10 seconds without even getting my reminders. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to set up Outlook to give reminders a higher priority at startup? Vespasian ...

Changing background color in multiple files?
I want to change the background color in hundreds of .doc files. To do so one at a time would take hours. Is there any way of doing this for all the files at once? You could modify the method in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "MICROSOFT" <blah@blah.blah> wrote in message news:op.u6fsyvsq...

Message re: pdf file
I'm utilizing Outlook Express and when attempting to open certain attachments (pdf files) the message reads: "Cannot open Outlook. Command line arguement not valid. Verify the switch you are using" Can someone advise how to correct? Thanks! ...

Split body text between two slides in PowerPoint 2007
I would like to split body text between two slides the way the instructions say I should be able to do. That is, I would like to be working in the Outline tab, position the Insert point, and press the Enter key. This does not work for me. Instead of splitting the slide into two, I just get a new blank slide after the slide I'm trying to split. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or are the instructions just wrong? I think the instructions are incomplete. Hitting Enter creates the title placeholder of the next slide for you. Hit Enter again and then Tab to continue...

Drop Down list with colours
Hi, Is there any way in Excel to create a drop down list which contains colours? For example to show RAG status (i.e. Red Amber Green). At the moment I can only show text in the drop down list. Would anyone know a way of working around this? Thanks. Thanks Roger, and Chip, for replying. I was playing around with it and found that I could conditionally format the cell depending on the text selected - so if I choose "RED" it goes red. It's just about enough to work for what I intend to use it for, but I'll experiment with your suggestion in case I need to develop thi...

Outlook 2007 Incoming Mail Attachment Porblem
Whenever my friend send me an attachment in Japanese File Name, I can open them in Word, Excel or Powerpoint, but nothing is in there... They are always blanc. But if I forward the e-mail to my MSN account with the attachment, I can open them no problem... So this is not the problem on Excel or Word. And I can even forward the same e-mail and open the attachments. So maybe there is some sort of security feature from Outlook preventing those files to open? Bu I can not crack down on the exact solution... There are no problems what so ever for English tittled attachments. ...

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

2007 How do I copy emails to CD?
-- Lee Jeffries Insuramax, Inc. Louisville, KY 40 Users,TAM 9.3, fax@dvantage6.2, ETFile4.3 "Lee Jeffries" <leej@insuramax.com> wrote in message news:%2382Z1SSCJHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Nothing Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question, not just in the subject line. Thank you. Posted here almost once a day: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm HTH ...

Drop-down data not appearing in exported XML
I'm exporting data as XML from an Excel spreadsheet. Cells with plain text in them work fine, but cells with a selection from a drop-down list do not. The XML file shows everything is there, except data from cells with drop-down selections. No error message generated, just no trace of the data. Any suggestions? thanks kc Fixed the problem. Found out that the drop-downs were actually objects placed on top of the cell, the options were not coded into the cells themselves. "Kristi" <kristi@NOSPAMinscriber.com> wrote in message news:MaCdnWD2xtF6CtveRVn-qQ@golden.net... > ...

Dynamic charts in 2007
I've used dynamic charts in 2003 for several years. I now have an internal customer who has moved to 2007 and would like some dynamic charts. I obtained access to a 2007 machine, loaded his current workbook, and noted that the interface is very different. I am accustomed to right-clicking a chart, selecting 'source data', then going into the series tab to put the named range in. In this workbook, I right click and the closest option I have is 'select data' which brings up a 'select data source' userform that is set to a full range (multiple series) of data....

Excel Catalogue item list parts Quantity problem
Hello all, A user posted a similar request on this post: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_frm/thread/5c2fb9494cb2a710/b7728ea8117aa739?lnk=st&q=microsoft+excel+one+quantity+per+item&rnum=10&hl=en&utoken=dpwEdDkAAACAT_kPml7nPanGq5_khmjXqnl5HFF0dkw4MtGVJVSuCevTY1wWyctPve98PQdd4_us5frce720_MwAPPaMmhGu But, the only difference is, I would like to have the opposite done, if possible. What they did: SKU Description quantity 2021 blue widget 1 2021 blue widget 1 2021 blue widget 1 2022 red widget ...

How do I copy a screen in Excel for use in Powerpoint?
I need to copy a few Excel screens for training purposes and want to paste them into a PowerPoint slide show. Can anyone help? Alt+PrintScreen and the paste into Powerpoiint. "Bess" wrote: > I need to copy a few Excel screens for training purposes and want to paste > them into a PowerPoint slide show. Can anyone help? It shows that i have transferred it to the clipboard but it will not show me the screen in PowerPoint. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? "David Hepner" wrote: > Alt+PrintScreen and the paste into Powerpoiint. > > "Bess" ...

Drop Downs and lookups from other sheets
I have a workbook where the front sheet is a display page and the three sheets behind are reserved for data tables. What I want to do is have one cell in the front page which is a drop down and selects names from one of the tables on the other sheets. From there I can use Vlookup to populate the info from the tables on the front page based on that name. The problem is I can't seem to get this list of names from another sheet. Every time I try, I get an error. How would I do this? thanks! Hi,. first insert a name for your list in the other sheet, go to insert, name, ...

matlab mex-files with mfc
Hi, I wanted to implement a matlab mex-File with the following command line: mex ParseLine.cpp libc.lib. I linked 'libc.lib' due to the MFC standard objects like CString etc. Compilation and linking was ok, but calling the function in matlab I get the following error message: Unable to load ParseLine.dll Illegal memory access (Unzulaessiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich) Has anybody an idea? thanks in advance, steffen A wrong path is not the reason. The working directory of matlab is the same one where the dll is. If I don't use objects or classes which nee...

Drop down list #8
I created a drop down list using the data, validation menu. It works well. However, I only have two items in the list and I am wondering if there is a better way to alternate between them. With the drop down list it takes a couple of clicks. First you select the cell, then you click to drop down the list, then you highlight the item, then you click on it. Is there a way to select the alternate item with fewer clicks? Don, You need only click the cell, click the dropdown button, then click the desired item. Three clicks. This event-fired sub will alternate between "Choice a&qu...

Can I use commas in category names in OL 2007?
In Outlook 2003, I would assign categories like this: Smith, John MVA 1/3/2005 It does not appear I can do so in Outlook 2007. It won't accept the comma. ==> How can I get Outlook 2007 to accept a category name with a comma in the name? "CuriousGeorge" <CuriousGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39312C88-536D-4FC8-A531-8CDB0A2B47F0@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2003, I would assign categories like this: > > Smith, John MVA 1/3/2005 > > It does not appear I can do so in Outlook 2007. It won't accept the comma. > > ==>...

Excel and linked files
Just wondering if anyone can help I am running a spreadsheet at work, which has 2 files linked to it. On a computer running windows 2000 and Excel 2000 the links work fine. However, on a computer running Win98SE and Excel 2000, the links only work if the linked files are open when the main spreadsheet is opened. If the 2 linked files are not open, Excel crashes when it tries to link them. Does anyone know what causes this, and whether it can be rectified? If it helps, all 3 files are on a network drive. Many thanks Neal -- "NealUK" wrote... >Just wondering if anyone can hel...

Dual Axis Horizontal Bar Chart in Excel-can I avoid overlapping ba
hello, I have a simple table of data with 2 columns of numbers, which I'm trying to build into a simple horizontal bar chart Problem is that the 1 column's numbers are much greater than the other, so this means that makes the smaller series' bars look very small. I would like to see both displayed together however, but if I put it on a secondary axis it overlays one on top of the other, rather than side-by-side Is there an easy way to stop this happening? any help would be greatly appreciated cheers griff This link shows how to handle this with column charts. For bar cha...

My Drag Image Flickers
Hi guys, My drag image flickers, I understand the cause of this (I think) but I don't know how to fix it. I use this to auto-scroll during a drag and drop: // in OnTimer() m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(FALSE); SendMessage(WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,0),NULL); m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(TRUE); So since I'm hiding it, then showing it again, it flickers. Can I fix this ? Thanks, Robert A. ...

Multiple excel spreadsheets only show up once on taskbar
We are running Windows XP and Office 2000 and when you open mulitple word docs they show up in the taskbar once but when you put your mouse over that taskbar item a menu appears and shows all the word docs that are currently open. However, when you have multiple excel spreadsheets open, excel is on the taskbar but there is no menu popping up to show the various spreadsheets. Go to Tools>Options. In the General Tab, look for a checkbox for Windows in Taskbar and check it. This will now show all open spreadsheets in the taskbar. HTH -- Michael J. Malinsky "Joy" <...

How do I add header information to an Excel file? In other words,.
how do I name the columns? Alvin You cannot rename the columns as such, but if you put you titles in row 1 for example, you can always show these on screen by clicking on B2" and invoking Window>Freeze Panes. You can make them appear on every page of a printout by going to File>Page setup...>Sheet>Rows to repeat at top and entering 1:1 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Alvin M." <Alvin M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1238EA89-E323-4D3D-A851-AA4DB3E16CE0@microsoft....

Publisher 2007 Upgrade #4
I have Windows XP (including Publisher 2002) installed on my computer. I plan to upgrade to Publisher 2007 for it's email capabilities. Is the upgraded Publisher (2007) compatable with Outlook 2002? Will the graphics from Publisher sucessfully email using Outlook 2002? Nope, but it might work with OE. And for what its worth, this function still needs some work. If you really want to send html formatted emails, I would look at some of the specialized programs for that purpose instead of Pub 2007. Reference: Create and send e-mail publications by using Publisher 2007: http://office.m...

dragging array UDFs
Hi I built an array function and it is working well. However when I dra it to other cel regions I got the message "VALUE". The exact formul and the code is below. Thanks for any help. Eduardo Exact formula: {=samLMR(B5:B20;0;0)} Code: x is a sorted array. Public Function samLMR(x As Variant, Optional a As Double = 0# Optional b As Double = 0#) As Variant Dim xmom() As Double Dim xm() As Double Dim sum(8) As Double Dim R As Integer Dim C As Integer Dim ReturnColumn As Boolean R = Selection.Rows.Count C = Selection.Columns.Count n = x.Count n = n - nfails If R < C Then nm...

Open Workspace in Excel 2002
Using Excel 2000, I see a menu choice to save the current workspace but not one to open a workspace. The only way I have found to open a workspace is to double click its entry in the Windows Explorer. Also, the folder in wich the workspace is saved seems to be whatever is the current folder, which I might not even remember the next time I try to open it. Is there a way to set the saving and opening of workspaces in a particular folder? Musawwir Spiegel musman@aprilfool.info File>Open. Look for *.xlw That will be the workspace file. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15...