Converting a list of email addresss that are in one cell, out horizontilly to all emails in a single column

I have searched for a way to do this, also have ASAP Utilities unable
to find a solution.

All of the email addresss are seperated by a comma.  I'd like the
finished list to be all in one column, instead of all in one cell.

Thank you for your time!

Mike
0
Michael

There may be an easier way, but what comes to mind is a two-step process:

In Excel help, you can search for "parse", and there are instructions for
distributing the contents of a cell into columns. (You don't mention what
version of Excel you have, so the exact steps may differ. Help should tell
you how.) The comma is your delimiter.

Once it's in separate cells in columns, do a transposition. You copy them,
then "Paste Special" and choose "Transpose" to transpose them into rows.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"Michael" <walczakmike@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have searched for a way to do this, also have ASAP Utilities unable
> to find a solution.
>
> All of the email addresss are seperated by a comma.  I'd like the
> finished list to be all in one column, instead of all in one cell.
>
> Thank you for your time!
>
> Mike

0
Susan
2/20/2010 5:32:54 PM
On Feb 20, 12:16=A0pm, Michael <walczakm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have searched for a way to do this, also have ASAP Utilities unable
> to find a solution.
>
> All of the email addresss are seperated by a comma. =A0I'd like the
> finished list to be all in one column, instead of all in one cell.
>
> Thank you for your time!
>
> Mike

Sorry, MS Excel 2007
0
Michael
2/20/2010 5:33:25 PM
On Feb 20, 12:32=A0pm, "Susan Ramlet"
<shram...@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote:
> There may be an easier way, but what comes to mind is a two-step process:
>
> In Excel help, you can search for "parse", and there are instructions for
> distributing the contents of a cell into columns. (You don't mention what
> version of Excel you have, so the exact steps may differ. Help should tel=
> you how.) The comma is your delimiter.
>
> Once it's in separate cells in columns, do a transposition. You copy them=
,
> then "Paste Special" and choose "Transpose" to transpose them into rows.
>
> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "Michael" <walczakm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I have searched for a way to do this, also have ASAP Utilities unable
> > to find a solution.
>
> > All of the email addresss are seperated by a comma. =A0I'd like the
> > finished list to be all in one column, instead of all in one cell.
>
> > Thank you for your time!
>
> > Mike- Hide quoted text -

Thank you very much, that did the job!  (I did note on my second post
above that we had MS Excel 2007)
0
Michael

CAN'T SEND EMAIL IN OUTLOOK #2
I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and click on "file" then 'send to", instead of the "send" button, I get a message "email blocked because of attachment". How can I get rid of OUTLOOK so that I can just use my simple OE6? Simple, you stop using outlook and set up / configure OE To be doubly sure you can uninstall OL "XJS FAN" <XJSFAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F862BA-FFFC-4B41-A59B-2BDDA895B9B6@microsoft.com... >I downloaded some updates from microsoft and, if I open a site and...

Sending email #12
I have just installed Broadband from BT. I can no longer send email via Outlook express 6. I can receive but canno t send. The error is 0x800CCC0E Can anybody assist please ...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

questions on drop down list
Hello all!!im filling a dropdown list with results from a query as th code shows (i fill the drop down everytime i open the xls file), BU this dropdown keeps all information when i close the file and when run the code again the result is merged into the older, i need to clea the dropdown in this code before i fill it again!!! i tried .Clear bu excel says it doesnt belong to the object class..i dunno what to do > > Sub Auto_Open() > > Const strActiveConnection > "DSN=TURMALINA;Description=TURMALINA;;;APP=Microsoft Offic > 2003;WSID=GENERATOR;DATABASE=JDE_DEVELOPME...

Format cells #7

Printing list of emails in Oulook Express
I am trying to find a way to print, an entire list of email reciepts, so I don't have to keep them. Can anyone help? >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to find a way to print, an entire list of email reciepts, so I=20 >don't have to keep them. Can anyone help? >. > These Newsgroups address issues regarding MS Office Outlook. Outlook Express is a component of Windows/Internet Explorer. Post your question where the OE gurus hang out: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer ...

Convert text to time value

URGENT
I am not an advanced user of Outlook 2003 and need to send out mass email messages of the same letter. I have created an email-merge data which works fine up to that point, but having problems sending to the CC: and BCC: fields. How do I add a CC: or BCC: Reciepient to my mass email-merge letter. I've already created the data containing all email reciepients. However, I also need to add a CC: and BCC: to my bosses. But when I did a test it only went out to the reciepients and no CC or BCC; was included. Plus, when click on merge- email... the messages went out automatically with...

how to convert date

Can no longer send links or pages via email from IE
Hi all, I have tried to find information about a problem that has recently manifested itself on my XP Pro machine but either my googling skills are failing me or I'm just using the wrong search terms. When I File ... Send .... Link by email from IE 6, Outlook no longer constructs an email with a link but creates an attachment with names like att13B.tmp which I, possibly incorrectly, regard as useless. I have the same issue with 'page by email'. Does anyone know what causes this problem and if there's a fix ? I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3. I apologise if this is an Int...

can not add email in SBS 2003
I am having a similar problem to one mentioned earlier. Just today I went to add a new employee email account into our system running SBS 2003. I do it through the active directory app as usual. The user creates just fine, but does not create the exchange mailbox or email address... I have extensively looked into the RUS stuff all that aprears ok and there are no errors in the event viewer. anyone have ideas? i need to get this resolved quickly. thanks, saul Check your event logs - do you see any 8331 errors in the Application log? If so, there's a hotfix available from MS, ...

Multiple inputs one output
What could I use to enable one cell to have a value that is controlled by multiple options, but only one of them will be filled in but will vary each time. For instance, A1,A2,A3 are amounts of something that will be filled in and variable. Only one will be entered. I need the amount in A1,A2,or A3 to then be entered into G12 on another worksheet. Thanks for any help. Quick and dirty method (Assumes that one one of the three fields will have input, otherwise it will show all of the data entered) In cell G12 enter =VALUE(A1&B1&C1) if it is going to be text then enter =(A1&B...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

Color Coding Email Listings
Hi All, Without using the Followup function. Is there a way to color code the email listings. Mac's are good for this, and Eudors on PC. I may want to highlight an email with color codes... and the entire listing being highlighted is a better visual then the followup flag. And these items really aren't being highlighted for followup.. just for more important future reference. Thanks -Dave Dave Bar <d@d.com> wrote: > Without using the Followup function. > Is there a way to color code the email listings. See if these help: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/colore...

my pictures in my email newsletter will not show up when i send i
I am trying to send a email newsletter but when i send it the embedded pictures( i got them from clipart) will not show up. Just a little symbol and numbers. please help Generally if your recipients do not have HTML email enabled the pictures will arrive as attachments. Your best solution is to send your newsletter as a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been recommended here. Create and send e-mail publications by using Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA102200511033.aspx?pid=CH100502571033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.c...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Creating custom list with a comma in it
I need to sort a list of cities. I know how to creat a custom list however there seems to be a bug in it. I am hoping somebody knows how to work around this Creating this list is simple: CHICAGO BALTIMORE PHILADELPHIA DALLAS WASHINGTON The problem comes when the same city is in multiple states so that the cell actually says: COLUMBUS, OH COLUMBUS, GA PORTLAND, OR PORTLAND, ME because internally the item separator is a comma, the custom list changes these entries to: COLUMBUS OH COLUMBUS GA PORTLAND OR PORTLAND ME Obviously when you do a data sort it doesn't find any of these va...

Getting an integer value (in one line) out of SelectSingleNode from an XMLDoc.
[C# code oriented] Two questions: (1) I can pull the text of an XML element as a string just fine using code as such: strSomeString = myXmlDoc.SelectSingleNode("/Element1/Element2/Element3[1]", myXmlNSMgr).InnerText; However, the text to be found there is an integer number. I have tried to use just about every casting and conversion method to be able to place that value into an integer variable. This includes code such as: intSomeInt = (int)(strSomeString = myXmlDoc.SelectSingleNode("/Element1/Element2/Element3[1]", myXmlNSMgr).InnerText); intSomeInt = Convert.ToInt...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Sharing Outlook Emails within Workgroup PCs
Hi, I have set up a workgroup with 3 PCs, of which two desktops run on Windows XP Home and one laptop runs on Windows XP Professional. Microsoft Office 2003 has been installed on all the three machines. My question is: How can I share emails among the PCs in these workgroup without the usage of a server? Is additional software needed for this purpose? If yes, what are the best ones with a balance between quality and costs? Any other suggestions for this purpose? Thanks in advance for your advices. Kenneth Wong wrote: > Hi, > > I have set up a workgroup with 3 PCs, of which t...