CJK font files preview tool?

Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install
the font first?

0
james

In article <ew0Xe3lgKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, James wrote:
> Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install
> the font first?

One trick I know of:

If you doubleclick any font, installed or not, you'll see a preview, but it
only includes the roman character set, so won't give you an idea what the CJK
characters look like.

But when you preview the font like this, Windows stealthily installs it
(temporarily) behind the scenes.  So while the preview window is open, you can
hop over to CharMap, choose the font from the dropdown listbox at top of the
window) and view the entire character set.

Close the original preview window and Windows uninstalls the font again.

0
Steve

Excel File Corruption
I have a large excel spreadsheet (exceeding 5MB) that suddenly failed to update cell references. Due to the amount of changes being made on this particular day, I had put about three hours of work in ( all saved periodically) when I realized that cells referring to other celss were not updating when the values of the xource cells changes. I also discovered that cell references had failed to update when rows were added above the source cells. I work for a large international services firm, but our in-house tech group had no answers, excpet to suggest closing everything, re-booting, and reope...

Inbox repair tool for Outlook
I don't have access to my current. Outlook.pst file which is rather perplexing. I haven't backed this up in forever in a day. So I don't have access to all of the e-mail addresses or dates, etc. They advise me to use the inbox repair tool. I have Windows NT 4.0 and I go into outlook and then go to detect and repair. From this point on I am totally lost. I do know that if I can use this utility, I might be able to retrieve my outlook.pst file. Once I get this utility to work. Then, I go to properties for the file and unclick all defaults. I will then have access to...

"stronger" or "more powerful" repair for PST files than SCANPST?
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003 crashing frequently and unpredictably and with Outlook sometimes hanging while starting up. In the latter case, I need to use Task Manager to stop the Outlook.pst process and then restart. I run SCANPST very frequently, several times a day, because of all the crashes. Sometimes Outlook stalls on startup right after I've run SCANPST. Other times, Outlook crashes after only a few minutes of usage, right after a SCANPST. So I'm wondering if one of the expensive commercial Outlook repair utilities can fix my problem(s). I would have to pay f...

Install 2005 without converting my quicken file
I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. I want to start Money from "Scratch." In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install >Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. Even if you "convert" your Quicken file, you could still run both. I believe that Money only reads your .qdf and does not change it. > >I want to start Money from "Scratch." Tell Money you do not want to convert. It will a...

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

Open an Excel file via a script and Run a macro
I wish to open an Excel file via a script and run a specified macro, then save the file at a certain time each day. I looked up the Microsoft site and found the code below which Opens all files in a directory, runs a macro on all then closes. It pretty much does what I want except I just have one specified file, problem is I'm not sure what part of the code I change, I just can't work it out. Hope someone can help Important information I guess is Path where file exists: T:\2008\sean\my documents\Daily Report.xls (this is a mapped drive on my PC) Macro name: CompileReport Code from ...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

Where are One Note Mobile Files Stored
I just completed a clean install from Vista to 7. I copied my documents to an external drive then installed them in the vista documents folder in 7. Everything is there except my onenote mobile notes. The only version I have is from a year ago. I have update the one note mobile notes almost daily. I did a windows backup prior to the moves as well. The file on that backup is also a year old. There has to be a folder somewhere that has been updating the changes because I always had them every time I started onenote any ideas? Thanks. Brian Williams Brian Williams wrote...

cannot open file with .doc....says file might be corrupt..
hi...can anyone help me...i downloaded a file that will let me open .doc attachments...but when i click to open...it says cannot open file may be corrupt -- patteeloo What file did you download to open the *.doc attachment. Do you have Office installed at all ? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "patteeloo" <patteeloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D185CD3-6972-4B6C-B0A4-B1B99967A8EF@microsoft.com... > hi...can anyone help me...i downl...

pst file.
How big can a outlook 2003 pst file grow to. "rhaasan" wrote in message news:9BF38B38-0366-4575-AEDD-90C187A8A727@microsoft.com... > How big can a outlook 2003 pst file grow to. ANSI or Unicode format? Either i guess ansi is still 2gb but what is unicode? "VanguardLH" wrote: > "rhaasan" wrote in message > news:9BF38B38-0366-4575-AEDD-90C187A8A727@microsoft.com... > > How big can a outlook 2003 pst file grow to. > > > ANSI or Unicode format? > > "rhaasan" <rhaasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Opening Excel-file in new window
I would like to be able to open an Excel-file in a new window through shortcut. I know I can do this by putting the path to excel before th path to the file in the target for the shortcut. ex) "C:\Program\Microsoft Office 2000\Office\EXCEL.EXE" C:\MyFile.xls This way I need to know the path to Excel all the time and also kno which version is installed. As long as I have the file on my computer know all these things but since I'm creating this shortcut via a installationprogram I don't know what's installed on the client computer... Have any suggestions -- Message po...

WLM hanges up opening .pdf files
Loaded Windows 7 & Windows Live Mail last week. When I try to open an attachment for a .pdf file the live mail program hanges up. Weverthing was working fine in Vista & Windows mail. These attachments are coming from known sources, USCG-AUX. I need to get this fixed yesterday! Any other attachment I get opens OK. I have Adobe Acrobat 9.X on the computer. -- Bobbyh4dkeys If you save the attachment from WLM can you then open it? In order to open an attachment from WLM, the Windows File Associations must have an OPEN action. If there is no OPEN action, you typic...

Open E-mail Preview Pane Being Vulnerable to Viruses
I am having a debate with one of my IT techs where I work. The company uses Outlook 2002. When I open up Outlook, I have my Inbox set up so that I have the Recipient pane (the From, Subject, Received & Size pane)on top and the Preview Pane (NOT...the Auto Preview pane)on the bottom. Our IT tech is very nervous about this configuration and believes that it makes our computers vulnerable to viruses when Outlook is opened to that type of configuration. Is that correct? Thank you for any instruction on how to avoid acquiring viruses when using Outlook 2002. Terry http://ww...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

Extracting a ZIP file in Powershell
I have a function that I found that will extract the zip files in powershell I'm running this on a script on a remote machine that does not have powershell 2.0 function Extract-Zip { param([string]$zipfilename, [string] $destination) if(test-path($zipfilename)) { $shellApplication = new-object -com shell.application $zipPackage = $shellApplication.NameSpace($zipfilename) $destinationFolder = $shellApplication.NameSpace($destination) $destinationFolder.CopyHere($zipPackage.Items()) } } Example to use this function is: extract-zip c:\temp\test.zip D:\ I have a coupl...

Can an XML file have an icon?
Is there a way I can put icon data into an XML file so Windows displays the file with its own custom icon rather than the generic XML-file icon? What kinds of files (in Vista and up) can have their own distinctive icons? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 very slow
When I start Outlook 2007, it takes a long time to start. Once it has started, there are multiple Archive selections in the File Menu. What is causing this and how do I stop it from happening? I have tried Menu Bar Reset without any joy. Here is my Jing Screenshot of the File Menu. http://screencast.com/t/YjA4NWMzNj It takes about 15 seconds of holding my cursor at the bottom of the File Menu to scroll to the bottom of the Archives. Here is a Jing Screenshot of the bottom of the File Menu http://screencast.com/t/OWQwMDEyNjk I have tried disabling all of the Add-Ins, one by ...

Reading contents CHttpFile file starting from the end of file.
I have a CHttpFile which contains records per day. The records in the file are ordered date descending. I need to have my records with date ascending. So, if I read the file starting with last record back up to first record I'll get my data sorted correctly. There is a huge amount of data, that's why I want to read the data in the correct order instead of reading it, placing in memory and then sorting. I'm using CHttpFile.ReadString to read the contents right now but it read from the top. Is there any way for me search through the contents of the file of a '\n' ...

Problems with print preview and printing single page of multi-page report w/sub-reports
Hi All, I've come across a problem with previewing and printing reports in Access 2000 that I can't figure out, and hope someone can help. The problem report is set up with a page header, detail, and page footer. The information in the page header/footer sections is static. Within the detail are a group of controls, two of which are sub-reports. Of the two sub-reports, one in particular appears to be the problem (I'll call it SubA). SubA can shrink and grow and the controls in its detail can shrink/grow also. What I'm noticing is that sometimes the last line of text...

lost pst files
help! when starting outlook 2000, i received the error message "can't find personal folders file" or something like that. i couldn't open outlook after several attempts and i stupidly chose "create new personal folder" option and it started a whole new, blank outlook. now, i can't locate my last two years of outlook files to restore them. any ideas on why this would happen all of a sudden, and if it might be possible to restore my old outlook files? i'm using win 98 on my machine and i would periodically use auto-archive in outlook. thanks, robert ...