Changing default browser - opening hyperlinks in Word, Excel, OneN

Hello,

I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on
hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is
there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my
computer but don't prefer to use.

Thanks very much!

This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have
nothing to do with the default browser.

However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose:

Tools
Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup"
Also click "Check Now"
When prompted, tell it you want FF to be the default.

This will be the default for all links from Microsoft Office applications
and every other application on your system.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"ngaimoko" <ngaimoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on
> hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox.
> Is
> there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my
> computer but don't prefer to use.
>
> Thanks very much!

-6
Susan
1/17/2010 11:28:01 PM
In article <88FBF3BD-8578-4EAC-8120-95C68383E39F@microsoft.com>, Susan
Ramlet wrote:
> This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have
> nothing to do with the default browser.
>
> However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose:
>
> Tools
> Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup"
> Also click "Check Now"
> When prompted, tell it you want FF to be the default.
>
> This will be the default for all links from Microsoft Office applications
> and every other application on your system.

FWIW, some links will *always* open in MSIE no matter what you set up this
way.  In PPT, for example, links to image types that MSIE recognizes (JPG,
GIF, PNG) open in MSIE, regardless of what default app you've set for these
file types or what browser you've set as default.

Bit rude of it, sezzeye.

0
Steve
1/18/2010 4:35:24 AM
I edited the submission once to say, "This will be the default for all links
from Microsoft Office applications and *probably* every other application on
your system." but thought it might be confusing, so edited it back.......but
I'm glad you added that!

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"Steve Rindsberg" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
> In article <88FBF3BD-8578-4EAC-8120-95C68383E39F@microsoft.com>, Susan
> Ramlet wrote:
>> This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have
>> nothing to do with the default browser.
>>
>> However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose:
>>
>> Tools
>> Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup"
>> Also click "Check Now"
>> When prompted, tell it you want FF to be the default.
>>
>> This will be the default for all links from Microsoft Office applications
>> and every other application on your system.
>
> FWIW, some links will *always* open in MSIE no matter what you set up this
> way.  In PPT, for example, links to image types that MSIE recognizes (JPG,
> GIF, PNG) open in MSIE, regardless of what default app you've set for
> these
> file types or what browser you've set as default.
>
> Bit rude of it, sezzeye.

0
Susan
1/19/2010 1:46:33 AM
In article <E4999BBF-6105-40B2-801A-12E57DB58AEB@microsoft.com>, Susan Ramlet
wrote:
> I edited the submission once to say, "This will be the default for all links
> from Microsoft Office applications and *probably* every other application on
> your system." but thought it might be confusing, so edited it back.......but
> I'm glad you added that!

<g>

The only thing you can count on is that you can't count on anything.
And you can't even count on that.

0
Steve
1/19/2010 9:14:28 PM
Almost always!

:-)

--
Susan Ramlet
--

> In article <E4999BBF-6105-40B2-801A-12E57DB58AEB@microsoft.com>, Susan
> Ramlet
> wrote:
>> I edited the submission once to say, "This will be the default for all
>> links
>> from Microsoft Office applications and *probably* every other application
>> on
>> your system." but thought it might be confusing, so edited it
>> back.......but
>> I'm glad you added that!
>
> <g>
>
> The only thing you can count on is that you can't count on anything.
> And you can't even count on that.

0
Susan

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

External data link change

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

How to change icon for my application

Excel taking a long time to delete?
I have a macro which allows me to search for documents with certain criteria, and then writes hyperlinks to those documents into a range of cells on my active worksheet. When I do a new search or when I'm done with the workbook, I delete the entire column. The hyperlinks are written well to the right of and below my data range, so deleting the column doesn't involve shifting any data or formulas, and calculation is set to manual. I've noticed, though, that it usually takes several minutes to delete the one single column. I could get by with just deleting the contents, but now ...

Export OWC to Excel
Hi, Is there anyway that we can export a graph that is generated using OWC to excel programmatically? I know we can do do the export from one of the buttons in the owc chart control itself. What I am looking for is the programmatic way of doing it. Please help. Regards, Rajesh ...

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

translate dll/tlb (for Excel as client) from VB.net to C#
I created a library control in VB.Net some time ago for implementing some .Net functionality for Excel as the client -- and made it com visible. I want to redo this in C#. Additionally, I want to be able to pass data to this control from Excel VBA. And lastly, I need to display some results in a gui thing like a label or - ideally - just the user control form The following is the Interface part of my dll/tlb (I left out the guts of the procedures). What is the C# syntax of this? Only need enough to get me started Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices Imports System.Data....

How do I replace the last entire word in text cells?
I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or bytes. I this case, I want to replace the last word in all cells but the word is always different (ie. varying number of characters). Thanks in advance! Array entered (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), this will work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-MATCH(" ",MID(A1,LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)))+1,1),0)) Change the reference to A1 to which ever cell you want. -- Regards, Dave "George" wrote: > I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or > bytes. I this case, I wan...

Change a formula to an acual number

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Exporting a date field in Excel to an Outlook Calendar?
Is this possible? ...

Appendices Struggles in Word 2007
I'm using Word 2007. I'm using the built-in Heading styles to create sections and subsections for display in the TOC. Each section starts with "# Title." For example, the third section displays as "3 Message Formats." The last two sections are Appendices. I don't want them to display as "10 Appendix" and "11 Appendix," just "Appendix A" and "Appendix B." I can do this for the first headings, but I can't get the subsections (2-4 levels below this first headings) to work. I've read through Shau...

Nonnumerical Axis in Excel Charts
Hello, Essentially, when plotting a series of Acid/Base ratios in cells with text formatting (ex. "0/100", "10/90", etc.") (X-axis) versus temperature change per ratio (Y-axis), Excel charts the actual row numbers (ex. 1, 2, 3, etc.) for the X-axis instead of "0/100", "10/90", etc. Fraction and Number formatting of the ratio cells does not change this either. Thank you. Robert Agee Purdue University It depends which chart type you use. If you use column chart type, the X axis should be your lables (10/90, etc.) not row numbers. If you use ...