Cannot drag and drop any files (doc, ppt, xls) into outlook 2007 e

I have recently updated my pc with Win7 (from XP) and I use MS Office Pro
2007.  I have my Outlook configured and have been using it for a few days now
but since I upgraded, I have difficulty managing file attachments when trying
to send email.

I send files often to coworkers by dragging a document into the body of an
email.  This no longer works and I get the symbol of the circle and line
through it.  HOWEVER, it works manually if I go through the steps using the
paperclip button to attach files.

It does work between emails though.  I can create a new email and drag
attachments from one email and drop into a the new email.

I have no problems dragging an attachment OUT of email to my desktop or
folder but I just can't drag anything into a new email.

I only send Word, Excel, and PPT files so there shouldn't be any issue.

Ran Diagnostics and no issues- I also have all the latest drivers and updates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Converting emails from Windows Outlook 2003 to OS X Entourage
Guys Please if anyone can help me on how to do this PLEASE DO! You need to restate the question in the post. It gets truncated in the title. "Desperate!!" wrote: > Guys Please if anyone can help me on how to do this PLEASE DO! > ...

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

outcmd file
We have several computers that continually have a corrupt outcmd.dat file. We have renamed these files and allowed outlook to rebuild the file as per Knowledge Base Article 241390, however they continue to become corrupt. Is there a permanent fix? ...

Message re: pdf file
I'm utilizing Outlook Express and when attempting to open certain attachments (pdf files) the message reads: "Cannot open Outlook. Command line arguement not valid. Verify the switch you are using" Can someone advise how to correct? Thanks! ...

Changing background color in multiple files?
I want to change the background color in hundreds of .doc files. To do so one at a time would take hours. Is there any way of doing this for all the files at once? You could modify the method in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "MICROSOFT" <blah@blah.blah> wrote in message news:op.u6fsyvsq...

Reminders slow to pop up in Outlook 2007.
Hello, I usually set reminders for early morning so they pop up in the morning the first time I run Outlook 2007. I can load Outlook, send and receive e-mail on multiple accounts and RSS feeds, and if I find that I have no e-mail, exit the program in the next 5-10 seconds without even getting my reminders. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to set up Outlook to give reminders a higher priority at startup? Vespasian ...

Drop Down list with colours
Hi, Is there any way in Excel to create a drop down list which contains colours? For example to show RAG status (i.e. Red Amber Green). At the moment I can only show text in the drop down list. Would anyone know a way of working around this? Thanks. Thanks Roger, and Chip, for replying. I was playing around with it and found that I could conditionally format the cell depending on the text selected - so if I choose "RED" it goes red. It's just about enough to work for what I intend to use it for, but I'll experiment with your suggestion in case I need to develop thi...

Outlook 2007 Incoming Mail Attachment Porblem
Whenever my friend send me an attachment in Japanese File Name, I can open them in Word, Excel or Powerpoint, but nothing is in there... They are always blanc. But if I forward the e-mail to my MSN account with the attachment, I can open them no problem... So this is not the problem on Excel or Word. And I can even forward the same e-mail and open the attachments. So maybe there is some sort of security feature from Outlook preventing those files to open? Bu I can not crack down on the exact solution... There are no problems what so ever for English tittled attachments. ...

MS Works Database (.wdb) File Import
I just want to confirm that there is no easy way to migrate data from an existing MS Works database file (.wdb) into Access, even via an intermediate data format? Done a number of searches and come up with nothing. Read the MS KB article about exporting from Works to dBase, but if you don't have Works ...... Thanks! Don Hi Don, The best way is to have Works. If you don't, there's a database at http://www.j.nurick.dial.pipex.com/Code/index.htm (near the bottom of the page) with sample code that extracts data from some? most? Works databases and puts it in an Access table...

Outlook Express #71
I am unable to click on .pdf documents that people are sending me in Outlook EXpress. This is just happening all of a sudden, I never had a problem before. I have Adobe 5.0 and 4.0 and have no problems converting documents into that and sending them. When I click on the 'paperclip' to get the attachment, they show up in page grey and I can't click on it. "Jeanette Besharat" <JBESHARAT@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:001401c3aada$dacc7250$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable to click on .pdf documents that people are > sending me in Outlook EXpress. Thi...

forward email form one outlook 2007 profile to another
I am a google apps sync user and when my email comes into Outlook it goes into the apps profile inbox. Maybe some of you are aware of the problem with google apps in that you cannot change the "From" field in outgoing mail. For example: my wife and I are a Realtor team, our domain is xxx.com. Our account email address in google apps is PamandBruce@xxx.com When an email is sent from the apps profile in Outlook 2007, it shows as coming from just my name and this apparently cannot be changed. Can I create a new profile in Outlook 2007, have the mail from the google app...

Publisher won't open file
I am having serious issues with Publisher XP/2002 Creating a simple 2 page file, after closing Publisher refuses to open the file at all, to the point of crashing the application. Deciding not to create the file for a 3rd time and loosing it, i decided that after every change i would save a new copy of the file. All I have done is just added images when it stops working. it doesn't even have to be the same image. at any random point it will just stop working. Help please! Do you have the service packs? Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

Encrypted files
As result of a crash, and reformatting hard drive, I am unable to load or open Excell encrypted files from my back, any suggestions please Hi Tom what is the error message you receive?. also what do you mean with 'encrypted' Note: You also have Excel re-installed on your harddisk? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tom wrote: > As result of a crash, and reformatting hard drive, I am > unable to load or open Excell encrypted files from my > back, any suggestions please ...

OPENFILENAME w/ wierd file history popup?
We are using a standard OPENFILENAME to allow a user to choose a file to open in our MFC app. If the user clicks on the file type popup, he sees our list of file types that he can open, which is as we expect. However, if he clicks on the popup for the filename, he sees a list of past files. First off, we are not sure where this list comes from? Second, the list has full pathnames of all the files, but the user only sees the first xx characters (about 50 maybe?), which means he see a useless list -- the files we direct the user to are typically inside 'documents and settings' whic...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

Importing .txt file
I'm trying to import an .txt file into excel 2000 which has to many columns, is there anyway I can increase the number of columns. With Excel 97 it would show me the data for the columns upto its maximum, but excel 2000 just crashes Hi no way to increase the number of columns in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany SimonT wrote: > I'm trying to import an .txt file into excel 2000 which > has to many columns, is there anyway I can increase the > number of columns. With Excel 97 it would show me the data > for the columns upto its maximum, but excel 2000...

Drop Downs and lookups from other sheets
I have a workbook where the front sheet is a display page and the three sheets behind are reserved for data tables. What I want to do is have one cell in the front page which is a drop down and selects names from one of the tables on the other sheets. From there I can use Vlookup to populate the info from the tables on the front page based on that name. The problem is I can't seem to get this list of names from another sheet. Every time I try, I get an error. How would I do this? thanks! Hi,. first insert a name for your list in the other sheet, go to insert, name, ...

Script Error when viewing Today screen in Outlook 2003
When I view Today screen on Outlook 2003 I get the following IE Script Error An Error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 298 Char: 1 Error: Class not registered Code: 0 URL: outlook:today I have .NET 1.1 and Visual Studio's also install on this machine. Does anyone have a solution. I ran the repair option in Office, as it appeared OUTLOOK had become "un-installed" but was still running mostly. Now it's no longer displaying the message. >-----Original Message----- >When I view Today screen on Outlook 2003 I get the >following IE Script Error >...

Can not print from Outlook 2003
I am having a persistent problem printing from Outlook 2003. I have Outlook 2003 for Office 2003 with Business Contacts Manager installed. This is what happens when I highlight an email to print from a pane view; ----------------------------------------- Internet Explorer Script Error ! (yellow triangle) An Error Has Occurred In The Script On This Page Line: 252 Char: 1 Error: Permission Denied Code: 0 url: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No (either choice does not permit me to print.) ----------------------------------------- I see...

My Outlook hang ... Please help ... !
Hi, I have Outlook 2000 SP3 connect to my Exchange 5.5 I have set delivery to Personal Folder. Every morning I logon to my PC and start Outlook, it starts to delivery all new emails to my Personal Folder, but then Outlook will hang and not responding, I have waited 10 mins but no luck ... I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del Outlook and start it again, then everything works fine after that ... Is this a bug for Outlook 2000 SP3 to auto delivery new emails to Personal Folder at Outlook startup ? Anyway to fix this problem ? Thanks Steven ...

Possible to convert xls files to qif files ?
I'd like to export excel files to quicken, can this be done? Does anyone know of a macro or shareware program that can do this? Can excel files also be converted to .txf files? thanks ..txf = tax exchange files ...

Outlook doesn't send my messages
I'm trying to use outlook with my hotmail id. It's been working fine for a year, and now it's not sending messages but I get no notice that the messages are not sent. It also seems to be very intermittent, some people get messages and others do not. When I send from the msn hotmail site, people get their messages with out a problem. My only option is to stop using outlook. Sondra What version of Outlook and what did you recently install/uninstall? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest ...

Can only send to mail enabled groups in OWA not Outlook 2003
After a little research and checking the Message Tracking as was suggested previously, I have found that when I attempt to send an email to a mail enabled grou from Outlook 2003, the mail does not route to the appropriate people... however when I send to that exact same group in Outlook Web Access, the mail routes as normal. Unfortunately, other than that, I have not been able to gleen any other useful information about why this would be happening. Any other suggestions? -- Alan Coleman Network & Database Administrator Do you have multiple GC servers? Could you be using a differe...

Drop-down data not appearing in exported XML
I'm exporting data as XML from an Excel spreadsheet. Cells with plain text in them work fine, but cells with a selection from a drop-down list do not. The XML file shows everything is there, except data from cells with drop-down selections. No error message generated, just no trace of the data. Any suggestions? thanks kc Fixed the problem. Found out that the drop-downs were actually objects placed on top of the cell, the options were not coded into the cells themselves. "Kristi" <kristi@NOSPAMinscriber.com> wrote in message news:MaCdnWD2xtF6CtveRVn-qQ@golden.net... > ...

Cannot start outlook 04-22-10
This is the error message cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\users\John\appDate\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Scan your pst-file for errors with scanpst.exe. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Johnny...