Cancelled article by mistake. How can I get it back?

I 'blacked out' a page of an article I typed in My Documents thinking I would
be making an attachment of it and by mistake hit the spacer key and lost it
all. Is it possible to get it back if I've done that?

Once you save the document, the answer is: no, unfortunately.

In future, as soon as you do something like that, press CTRL+Z to undo the
change. Or simply close the document and when asked whether you want to save
changes, answer in the negative.

Daddy

"Chris1934" <Chris1934@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I 'blacked out' a page of an article I typed in My Documents thinking I
>would
> be making an attachment of it and by mistake hit the spacer key and lost
> it
> all. Is it possible to get it back if I've done that?

0
Daddy
12/29/2009 9:52:19 PM
Do you mean you highlighted the entire text then hit the space key? If so,
and you do not have a back up copy, you're out of luck.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chris1934" <Chris1934@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I 'blacked out' a page of an article I typed in My Documents thinking I
>would
> be making an attachment of it and by mistake hit the spacer key and lost
> it
> all. Is it possible to get it back if I've done that?

0
JoAnn
12/29/2009 9:55:22 PM
it sounds like you had blocked
the sentences then you click the
space bar which replaced the
items with a "space"

I do the same mistake on occasion
when I inadvertently hit any key
when I have blocked items.

-------------------

if the article was still opened
then you could "undue" the change.

but if you saved the article after
you changed it, then it also saved
the change you made.

--------------------

however, if your word is setup to
make auto backup documents,

then you might have a backup of
the file.

look in the original folder for
that file and see if you have any
..wbk files or filenames with the
word "Backup" in them.

--
db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chris1934" <Chris1934@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I 'blacked out' a page of an article I typed in My Documents thinking I
> would
> be making an attachment of it and by mistake hit the spacer key and lost
> it
> all. Is it possible to get it back if I've done that?

0
db

Sharepoint data missing on all article pages
Hello All: I have been putting together our firm Sharepoint site and nearly completed it when all of the sudden my site data disapears. On any article page that was created, the text and images are simply gone. If I go in and edit the page, all of my applets are gone and I cannot add or edit anything for that page. Any page where a web part is seems to be fine. All links in the dropdown and sidebar are still there. Before this all happened, I added a data view web part using SP Designer that connected to our database and pulled down user information. I also may have edited...

How do I get a column to "auto fill" in a pivot table?
Hi, I have a pivot table that consists of a store number and vendor name i the row. The total dollar amount is in the data. There are are mor vendor names than store numbers. When I run the pivot it gives me th store number once and the fills in all the vendor names with the dolla amount. Example: Store Vendor2 Amount 2 a 1 b 2 c 3 d 4 I would like the Store # to be repeated. ...

Can't open any attachments in my inbox!!
i have upgraded my win 2000 to win xp today and i also installed outlook express 6. since then, i can't open any attachments in my mail, which are attached to my messages. what can be the reason for that?? when i try to open an attachment, i get this message:"OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.eml" is it related to any security options? please help me, cause it drives me nuts!!! Thank alot ...

How can I define date range criteria in SUMIF formula?
Hi, I am trying to use excel to forecast payments owing in each month. If column A is a list of dates and column B the amounts owing how can I set up the SUMIF formula to provide, for example, the sum of all amounts owing in February 2010? I can get it to return a figure owing on a specific date: =SUMIF(C4:C25,DATE(2010,1,31),D4:D25) However find I cannot get the right criteria for a range of dates (ie a month). Have tried for eg >=DATE(2010,1,31) and this brings no result... What am I doing wrong?? A couple of ways =SUMIF(C4:C25,">="&DATE(2010...

Using Access Excel Automation, can I delete or rename a worksheet
Hi I am using automation to produce an excel workbook from an access database. Everything is working fine, except that my workbooks always have 3 additional worksheets - sheet 1, sheet 2 and sheet 3. Can I delete these, or rename them? Stapes On 13 Sep, 11:04, Stapes <steve.sta...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I am using automation to produce an excel workbook from an access > database. Everything is working fine, except that my workbooks always > have 3 additional worksheets - sheet 1, sheet 2 and sheet 3. Can I > delete these, or rename them? > > Stapes Found ...

Can anyone help with a macro?
Is there anyway to write a macro to open several or all web hyperlinks on a single or multiple worksheets and update the web links if the page is no longer valid. If not able to obtain new page address provide details on which links are no longer valid. Thanks! ...

Back-to-Back DoCmd.OpenReport fails if Printer Offline
I have discovered that this fails: private sub DoListAndReceipt() DoCmd.OpenReport ... DoCmd.OpenReport ... end sub when my Printer is Offline. The first OpenReport executes and makes it to the Printer Queue. The second OpenReport does not execute at all. Execution falls-thru to the "end sub". Cancelling the first report in the queue does no good. I have traced, trapped, etc., but to no avail. The printer offline aborts the second DoCmd.OpenReport. The application is in Access 2003 with a 2000 mdb format. Does anyone have a "sol...

Was Myst Technology 2007 ORS add-in cancelled?
An Element K course book calls for the Myst Technology ORS "FindWhatORS" service to be added to the Research Task Pane. The add-in cannot be found. Was this service cancelled? ...

set up administration so I can access all files and drive's
When using "pack and go" it won't let me access drive "D", states I must see administration, how can I fix this to allow access, I am the only user of my computer, HELP!!!! Please! On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:26:02 -0700, mswings4him <mswings4him@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When using "pack and go" it won't let me access drive "D", states I must see >administration, how can I fix this to allow access, I am the only user of my >computer, HELP!!!! Please! You're asking in the wrong place. This newsgroup is for the Office...

Identity Switch Cancelled
Everytime I start Outlook I get an error popup that says. "Identity Switch Canceled. The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again." I found this Knowledge Base Article but i cant figure out what they are wanting me to do??? Please Help here is KB Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 224463 Ross, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the si...

How can I enter a one-time, non-online payment into my register?
Wow, I'm not having much success with this. I usually use on-line payments but would like to enter a one-time payment that is not an on-line payment into my register. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks :-) -Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Wow, I'm not having much success with this. > >I usually use on-line payments but would like to enter a one-time payment >that is not an on-line payment into my register. > >Is this possible and if so how? > >Thanks :-) Hmmm. What program are you using? Is there a "New" button available a...

getting date and time information- Masking?
I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - yet keep the hour and am/pm how do I do that? 1:00:05 PM 1:00:10 PM 1:00:17 PM 1:00:37 PM 1:00:44 PM 1:00:47 PM 1:00:50 PM 1:00:55 PM 1:00:57 PM 1:00:58 PM 1:01:02 PM -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com =HOUR(a1)/24 (format as time including AM/PM) If I understand what you mean by mask. Brent Hauver wrote: > > I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - > yet keep the hour...

Why can't I see my pictures?
I cannot see my pictures? I am using Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. -- Miss Jackson Manhattan, NY Ms. Jackson <Laurynwms@hotmail.com> wrote: >I cannot see my pictures? I am using Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. And you can't see your text either, right? Read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ms. Jackson" <Laurynwms@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7F3C0553-A0A5-464B-AC5C-9CB6DF494AA0@microsoft.com... >I ca...

can't change print styles
In outlook 2003 when I try to change how a calendar prints, I click file-page setup-daily style - I get an error "unable to display dialog box". Any ideas as to how I can fix this? It happens with all the headings under page setup. Thanks, Jennifer ...

Error when trying to get Activities and History of Account, smells like Bug
I have two Accounts, that I get an error, every time I try to reach their activities and history! The error message comes like : An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 ...

How can I connect to correct instance
I have multiple instances of my exe each connected to a different database - Dev, Test, Prod etc. Using GetObject from Outlook or test scripts I want to connect to a specific instance to exchange data with one of these databases. How can I identify each instance so it is exposed to GetObject in my script. Forgot to add using VC++ 6.0 and MFC Perhaps you want to expose a COM object which returns something which tells you what instance you want. OR You can try posting a custom message which returns some value which helps you decide the same. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

How can I view all of my pages in microsoft publisher 2007.
How can I view all of my pages in microsoft publisher 2007. I can only view my different pages by going to print preview, is there a way to view them like the old version where the pages show up at the bottom? Registry Fix...from Ed Bennett Publisher MVP http://ed.mvps.org/Publisher/ShowStatusBar.reg -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jv2nd" <jv2nd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7A7E074-178D-4AF5-9940-D9040E08AE23@microsoft.com... > How can I view all of my pages in microsoft pub...

I closed Excel by mistake can I recover the autosave?
Closed Excel 2000 without thinking and lost current update to spread sheet and said no I did not want to save on closing. Is there anyway of openning the autosave? Help please Autosave (if you had it turned on) actually saved that file at whatever time increments you set. So maybe you only lost the last xx minutes??? But if you didn't have that turned on and you didn't save, you're out of luck. NJB379 wrote: > > Closed Excel 2000 without thinking and lost current update to spread sheet > and said no I did not want to save on closing. Is there anyway of openning >...

How do I cancel meetings I organized but am not attending?
I organized recurring meetings with co-workers for the rest of the year. They needed to be cancelled. I successfully cancelled them from my calendar, but not the other attendees' calendars. Now I'm stuck! ...

how can I change the name of my powerpoint pres.?
I want to rename my power point presentation. how? File | Save As is one way. Another is to right-click the file in Windows Explorer and choose Rename. Then type in the new name. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "LouLou" <LouLou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACAC51DC-26C1-419F-925F-D72343FB7778@microsoft.com... > I want to rename my power...

Can Access 2007 be Run as Admistrator
Using Vista: have launched an .adp project created at another site on another computer, using the SQL Server at that site. Now, from home, I want to change the data source to the local SQL Server database on my PC here at home. So, I entered the local SQL Server name in the Data Link Properties dialog box, and pressed the Test Connection button. Getting an error message: "Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Login failed for user 'SLINDEED\(My name). If I cannot run as Administrator or change the server name, Catch 22? Thanks, Dean S &q...

My Article is Live!!!
I will be holding an autograph session soon... http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011196801033&CTT=1&Origin=EC790000701033 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Mary Sauer <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com>!"... > I will be holding an autograph session soon... > http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011196801033&CTT=1&Origin=EC790000701033 Great article, Mary! -- Ed Bennet...

Cancel Read Only
Please tell me how to delete read only in msexcel. I need read/write. "Kutty" wrote: > Please tell me how to delete read only in msexcel. I need read/write. Go to the Review tab and unprotect the worksheet. ...

How can I get details of Scheduled Tasks on remote computers?
I'd like to be able to check if Windows scheduled taks are running successfully on remote computers. How can this be done in powershell? Many Thanks, =Adrian= What version(s) of Windows? Just to make sure we're clear. There was a problem, and it may still exists with newer OSs, where if you want to query tasks using WMI, they must have been create with WMI. There's the option of using v2 remoting or WinRM command-line remoting also. Marco "Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1978B2C-D112-4E0D-AA21-D2EF8A07...

Can I export from Excel to ACT
I have a huge contact list on an Excel spreadsheet and I was hoping I would be able to export it straight into my Act contact manager. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Parm, Look at the ways Excel can save, and compare with what ACT can take as input. In Excel, do File - Save as, and go through the formats shown in the "Save as type" box. See which, if any, Act can open or import. The csv would seem a likely one. Or txt. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Parm" <Parm@discuss...