can I put my office 2003 suite onto another computer?

I already have two  legalcopies of Office 2003 and now wish to add the
programme to a new notebook.
As i don't feel inclined to purchase another copy of the programme is there
a cheap licence and if so how do I get one?

"Bemmo" <Bemmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I already have two  legalcopies of Office 2003 and now wish to add the
> programme to a new notebook.
> As i don't feel inclined to purchase another copy of the programme is
> there
> a cheap licence and if so how do I get one?

Unless you have Office 2003 Student and Teacher version you can not put it
on three computers with the current license.  If you desire to put it on
another computer you would be out of luck as Microsoft is not selling
licenses for Office 2003 anymore.  You could try to purchase a copy on a
reputable web site (Amazon still has a few new copies available but
absolutely stay away from eBay and the like) as they may have a few copies
of Office 2003 left.  Price won't be that great however.

If you should buy an upgrade product ensure that you have an upgrade
qualifier program or suite which does NOT include any Office 2003 products
or XP Student and Teacher version.

0
LVTravel
11/15/2009 1:57:08 AM

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message

> "Bemmo" <Bemmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I already have two  legalcopies of Office 2003 and now wish to add the
>> programme to a new notebook.
>> As i don't feel inclined to purchase another copy of the programme is
>> there
>> a cheap licence and if so how do I get one?
>
> Unless you have Office 2003 Student and Teacher version you can not put it
> on three computers with the current license.  If you desire to put it on
> another computer you would be out of luck as Microsoft is not selling
> licenses for Office 2003 anymore.  You could try to purchase a copy on a
> reputable web site (Amazon still has a few new copies available but
> absolutely stay away from eBay and the like) as they may have a few copies
> of Office 2003 left.  Price won't be that great however.
>
> If you should buy an upgrade product ensure that you have an upgrade
> qualifier program or suite which does NOT include any Office 2003 products
> or XP Student and Teacher version.

As I reread your original post I see that you state that you have "two legal
copies" of Office so I need to add the following to my original post back to
you.

Depending on the EULA on the "legal" copies you have and the intended use of
the notebook you may already have a license to use it.  You can start Word,
Excel or PowerPoint and click Help, About and then look at the license
agreement on one of the installed copies.  The part you need will probably
show up on the initial screen under "Grant of License."  The wording you
want to see is:

1.	GRANT OF LICENSE.  Microsoft grants you the following rights provided
that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
1.1	Installation and use.  You may:
	(a) install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or
other device; and
	(b) install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device
for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software.

Another way to check is to look at each of the orange license stickers and
if either is for a retail version (FPP will be in the lower right corner of
the orange license sticker) and the notebook will be used "exclusively by
the primary user of the first copy..." (one of the other computers Office is
currently installed onto) then you can install one of the copies onto the
notebook also.

You may have to use telephone activation to get the program to activate but
that is usually a painless procedure.

0
LVTravel

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Selection button not in Outlook 2003
I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, (just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button in the FILE/PRINT/ menu Please help? It only works on HTML formatted messages. On 21 Apr 2004 21:11, =?Utf-8?B?SG93ZWV5?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, >(just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button >in the FILE/PRINT/ menu.Please help? > -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messag
My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you see when you get one? "jimjep" <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77C1C107-B54C-4DAA-B736-69A870B13F22@microsoft.com... > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you mean by "does not let"? Does a hand come out of the screen and grab your wrist so you can't move the mouse? -- Brian Til...

Office 2010 under Windows 7
Hi all, I just installed Office 2010 as an update to Office 2007 on Windows 7 64-bit professional edition. Office 2010 works quite fine, however there is something wrong with file associations. Whenever I open an office document I end up getting a dialog that tells me it will prepare installation of Office 2007 instead of opening the document in 2010. So far I tried to reset the file associations in the explorer to the newly installed Office version. Unfortunately that does not change anything. Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks, Thomas There are Office...

Can not archive

Moving from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
On Friday, we began upgrading to Exchange 2003 Standard Edition from 2000 Enterprise edition. (The new enterprise edition was too expensive for us) Using the move mailbox utility in Active Directory, we moved over 800 mailboxes from two stores into one. Now, they are not accessible at all. THey show up in Active Directory, but not in either of the mailbox stores What can I do Thanks Mary Can you access them with Outlook? Mary wrote: > On Friday, we began upgrading to Exchange 2003 Standard Edition from > 2000 Enterprise edition. (The new enterprise edition was too > expensi...

Error in Send/Recieve (Outlook 2003)
Hi Users are getting an error when pressing the send/recieve button in outlook: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reporte4d error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' This error is because of an offline addressbook. But not all users are getting this. The setup is Exchange 2003 Hosting environment, exchange forest, users from one domain are working ok but users from other domain gets this error. Is it possible that this has something to do with firewall? any other ideas? GauiC I had the same problem, then read: http://support.microso...