Big trouble matching with data on excel!

Hi, I'm required to present some info at my work, using two excel files. This
is the task:

File 1, has ID numbers in column A, and column B is blank.

File 2, has ID numbers in column C and column D has the date the person
joined the company

File 1 es a select grop of people (about 2500), whereas File 2 is the
general database (about 30thou)

They're asking me to match the data, in order to end up with the
coresponding date they joined the company in column B on File 1 (obtained
from column D on file 2), how to do it? taking in account that File 1 is
outdated and some people might not be in file 2.

I would really appreciate any help you might give me.

Gloria

More work schedule creation trouble
In my last discussion, I needed to deduct a lunch period without listing an in and out time. That problem was rectified. Thank you Gord Dibben!!! Now I want to total the number of scheduled hours for the week. If I have an associate scheduled off for a day, the daily hours worked calculation is blown, thus no week total is available. Here's an example of the daily hours worked formula - =TEXT((O3-N3)-TIME(0,30,0),"h:mm"). I have created dropdowns for the in and out cells that contain times (ie 7:00 AM, 6:00 PM). I would like to be able to have a zero time worked value in t...

get exisitng contacts data onto new computer
I am setting up a new computer and need to know how to take the outlook database from others in the office to place the existing data onto my station, peer to peer, no server in office. thanks for the info. You did not post your Outlook version. Use these instructions to migrate Outlook data on current versions. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook Rookie" <Outlook Rookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9944845A-1D57-4749-8217-332379E7322F@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a new compu...

data missing in charts original file 97-2003 opened 2007 and then.
I have a file that is created in 97-2003, after it is opened in excel 2007 and then saved back to 97-2003 version when it is reopened the charts that are included are not showing any of the text data or information that was added to the charts. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it other than manually updating the charts. Did you add the information with XL2007? If so maybe you used components that are available only in that version. Did you get a warning that saving in the older format will lead to loss of information? If you don't remember you may want to go thr...

Excel 2003
These are the words of someone else on www.msfn.org with same problem as me (however, the answer give have not resolved the problem): I have a problem with Excel: When I select any cell, then let go of the left mouse button - it acts as though I am permanently holding down the left mouse button; i.e. it tries to select multiple cells. I cannot de-select the left mouse button and cannot access any of the menu buttons. The only thing I can do is right click on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and close excel - open it up again and have the same problem! I also get a similar proble...

Access denied when attempting to transfer .pst data!!
I am in the process of transferring my .pst data from my old computer (Windows Vista) which is on my external hard drive to my new computer (Windows 7) and I am using Outlook 2007 on both computers In Outlook, when I go to import the data using the wizard, I receive a message that says that "access is denied". I have used help and it advises me to show hidden folders & files which is already set up to do that, but nothing changes. I am already using Outlook on my new computer and I have also tried to copy & paste the data into the same folder on my new comp...

how do format using bullets in a cell in excel?
I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel spreadsheet. Can somone please provide some suggestions on how to do this? I have tried copying and pasting from Word, and that doesn't work either. I just had to do this today. Here is what I did and it looked pretty good Format the first character of your text as Wingdings, and type the CAP L, that is a round bullet charater, then reformat to the font you wish to use and type away. "olliesf" wrote: > I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel > spreadsheet. Can somone pleas...

Conversion of Data in Tables
Trying to do some data mapping of user information from our old system to our new one. Structure: 1 Main Tables (old system) - UserFunctionLocation (Contains 3 fields: UserID; Function; Location) 2 Conversion Tables - ConversionFunct (Contains 2 fields: OldFunction; New Function) - ConversionLocation (Contains 2 fields: OldLocation; New Location) Need a query that converts entries within Table 1 (Function and Location fields) to be as per the Conversion table fields. I can do this when it's just one on one mapping by linking the tables, however this will mean that if there's no c...

Anyone doing any work with Genetic Algorithms in excel?
Hi Anyone here doing any work with genetic algorithms with in excel a all. I've seen/heard about a few add-in packs for Excel but I'm mor interested in anyones experience in GA coding with VB. I'm a Pascal/Delphi programmer by nature but I wanna use Excel to mode and test data/results. Ta Stell -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Multi-User Access to Data in Outlook
In the office where I work, we manually track data that comes in via fax and email on a hand-written log. Does anybody know how to place that log into MS Outlook so that everyone in the office can access the data. Currently, if a client calls for the status on a particular file, who ever answers the call must track down the log book. If the information was somehow available in Outlook, then all they would have to do was open the folder and check the status. Any ideas? Wolfman566 <Wolfman566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the office where I work, we manually track data t...

Extracting data from workbooks. Help.
hello I have a situation where there are several workbooks, of variable name, contained within a folder on my hard drive. I have a master workbook in a folder higher up the same directory tree that I want to use to gather information from the other workbooks of variable names. The cell, A1, that I am interested in is on sheet "OnCall" in each of the workbooks of variable name. Is there any way that I can open the master workbook and then automatically extract the data from cell A1 in each of the other variable name workbooks? I hope that as clearer than mud? hopefully Tom Here&...

Trouble updating account
I have MS Money Plus Deluxe running in XP Pro SP2. I have this one bank account that has always given me trouble updating (error code -2000). It would only update after going into MSN Money and re-keyeing the password. After retrying several times it would eventually work. Now, I cannot get this account to update anymore. I don't know if it's related or not but I did install MS Money update. I keep getting error code -2000 and the account is never updated. One possible solution, abeit temporary, is to set up the account again. I have done this a couple of times in the past and ...

how to rotate excel table in word
I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down the shift key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture. In Word, just paste. Because the item is now a picture, you can use the drawing toolbar to rotate it to any desired angle -- Gary''s Student "dro" wrote: > I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Thanks, its working just fine for me. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down > the ...

Big problem with VPN
Hello. I'm having a ****in' big problem with a VPN. This is my scenario: I have a Windows Server 2003, with DNS,DHCP,AD and ISA Server running. This server has 3 network cards: Internal Network: 192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0 (DNS/DHCP) Internet: 192.168.254.254 / 255.255.255.0 / 192.168.254.1 (This card is connected to a SpeedStream 5200 (router mode, not bridge)). Dedicated Link: 189.80.x.x / 255.255.255.252 / 189.80.x.x Here goes the problem: I made a VPN using ISA Server. The VPN connected sucessfully, but i wasn't able to see any server file, also i co...

Data Migration Manager
Hi, Really basic question. If I have an account and contact association where AccountName - CompanyA AccountID - 123 ContactName - Bloggs AccountID - 123 Do I map parentcustomer (contact object) to accountID on the account object to link the records together. Doesn't seem to be working so far. Thanks for any help! when you click on "Partner customer " mapping , then it open in window and where you have to choose "Account " and then field "Name" so you have to map to account name {name} /Aamir Hi Aamir, Hmm. But surely the account name isn't un...

Deleting Data
I could really use some help here. I need to delete data without deleting formulas. I don't want to have to do it on a cell by cell basis. I would like to be able to select the entire sheet and then click a button like "clear contents" but leave all formulas and formats. Thanks Joel jnmobley@att.net Joel Select a cell on the sheet and go to Edit>Go to...>Special>Constants and press the delete button -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Joel" <jnmobley@worldnet.att.net> wrote in ...

Data validation with a cell value linked to the same cell.
I Think that my post name is very confusing but I'll explain. I�m doing a data validation in cell f1 usig the data validation option the value entered in cell f1 need to be equal or greatter than th value in cell b2 and cell b2 is calculated with the formula =a2+c4-f1. What I'm trying to do is to prevent to enter a value in cell f1 tha I'll make cell b2 negative. But its not working, any suggetsions??? Thanks. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Change your CF criterion to Formula is = F1 <= (A2+C4) In article <rodolform.161w07@excelforum-n...

converting Lotus 123 macro to Excell macro
I need to parse/edit one line at a time usng the same one-line macro. When I use macro-recorder, it links to the specific cell reference. I need the below macros to be free from specific cell references - it needs to run on the current cell and move down one row. {edit}{home}{Del 7}{d} reads as: open cell in edit mode - move to the home position of the row - delete seven characters - move down one line - end macro and {edit}{L 10}{BS 30}{D} reads as: open cell in edit mode - move left 10 characters - backspace 30 characters - move down one line - end macro Is there a simple macro th...

A new Excel add-ins web-site
The Office Assistance company is glad to announce the launch of an Office-Excel project (http://www.office-excel.com/) - a new ultimate website where you can find 7 essential add-ons for organizing efficient work with Microsoft Excel: Advanced Consolidation Manager: this Excel add-in is designed to help you merge tables and consolidate Microsoft Excel data. Fix Broken Links for Excel: it will help you to find and fix broken links in Microsoft Excel linked files. Compare Spreadsheets for Excel: a powerful and convenient add-in for comparison of files in Microsoft Excel. With the help of this pr...

Data Not Posted to GL before now
We have Great Plains implemented as part of the TMW Suite. I say this because it means its not the FULL version of Great Plains. We only have some working components. It appears that when our GP was set up ( prior to my joining the company) according to our GP consultant "The check box was not checked to let batches move to the GL" Now we have about 750 batches we need to move to the GL. IS there a way we can do this programmitically by triggering a flag or something such as MKDTOPST so that the system will move them. OR do we have to manually do this some how. It seems there ...

Setting up data for a line graph
I have a spreadsheet that has the date of my measurements on the left side and on the topit tells the name of the plant I am measuring and below each of the plant names there are 28 days of numbers. Some of them are zeros. When I try to put it into a chart the key has some of my measurements and oon the X-axis there is only one date where there is supposed to be 28 dates, the y-axis starts with 0 and goes through decimals up to 1 when I need it to go to 25. ...

Removing data from a list.
I was just wondering how could I remove duplicates from a long list, I also want to eliminate the one I searched for initially: Lets say I have: Hello Hello Hello1 Hello2 I'd like to seach for Hello, and have both of them removed. Any ideas on how I can do this ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi David, Here is a general macro I've used in the past for removing duplicate rows based on the data in a particular column. I'm sure you can ...

Text Delimited by semicolon file Excel 2002
I am moving a text delimited by semicolon file into excel and edit the file. I want to save the file as text delimited by semicolon but I cannot find the option. What can I do? One way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#differentdelimiter In article <45c301c4905a$1a2d2880$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am moving a text delimited by semicolon file into excel > and edit the file. I want to save the file as text > delimited by semicolon but I cannot find the option. > What can I do? John See...

Big Big problem
Dear all, I have two excel files (data.xls) that the name is same and located in two different directories A and B. One day, I open data.xls in A directory and accidently save as the same name file in B directory. The file in B directory was replaced. How can I recovery the data of the file in B directory. Unless you have a backup, you cannot. Basic rule of using computers. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "woo" <woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA1D3D2C-0DCB-4EE6-879A-1056D0AC9F7C@microsoft.com... > Dear all,...

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

How do I make Excel stop rounding off my numbers that are 16 digi.
Using Excel 2003... I want to type in a 16 digit number without it rounding of the last digit. In example I type 6038060611469583 and I get 6038060611469580. I give the number enough space and I have tried to go to format and select custom but I cant seem to type in a format that would avoid my number from rounding off. Hi Excel supports only 15 significant digits. As I doubt you want to calculate with this number try one of the following: - preformat the cell as 'Text' - enter the value with a leading apostrophe. e.g. '6038060611469583 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germ...