Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use

What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals
you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE?

I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent
document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of
Access......Only used PowerPoint once.......

I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have
some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see
now).

I have created several Excel projects with Macros but I haven't really
worked so much with the other parts of Office as much so that's why I ask
this question.......

This site is GREAT and there are a lot of answers on here.

Thanks For ALL the help I've got from members & found on here.

Happy New Year & Best Wishes

John

"Best" ma uals is a tough call. It depends on what you want to do. I have
several Missing Manual books, some Dummies books, and assorted other books.
My most recent purchases were the Study Guide of the MCAS test and Excel
2007 Dashboards & Reports for Dummies. I look thru the book before
purchasing it and see if it fits my need.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Originalgoth" <Originalgoth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction
> manuals
> you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE?
>
> I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a
> decent
> document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge
> of
> Access......Only used PowerPoint once.......
>
> I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I
> have
> some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see
> now).
>
> I have created several Excel projects with Macros but I haven't really
> worked so much with the other parts of Office as much so that's why I ask
> this question.......
>
> This site is GREAT and there are a lot of answers on here.
>
> Thanks For ALL the help I've got from members & found on here.
>
> Happy New Year & Best Wishes
>
> John

0
JoAnn
12/29/2009 7:42:11 PM
Thanks JoAnn,
That is useful advice & if anyone else has any other ideas they'd be
appreciated.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> "Best" ma uals is a tough call. It depends on what you want to do. I have
> several Missing Manual books, some Dummies books, and assorted other books.
> My most recent purchases were the Study Guide of the MCAS test and Excel
> 2007 Dashboards & Reports for Dummies. I look thru the book before
> purchasing it and see if it fits my need.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Originalgoth" <Originalgoth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction
> > manuals
> > you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE?
> >
> > I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a
> > decent
> > document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge
> > of
> > Access......Only used PowerPoint once.......
> >
> > I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I
> > have
> > some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see
> > now).
> >
> > I have created several Excel projects with Macros but I haven't really
> > worked so much with the other parts of Office as much so that's why I ask
> > this question.......
> >
> > This site is GREAT and there are a lot of answers on here.
> >
> > Thanks For ALL the help I've got from members & found on here.
> >
> > Happy New Year & Best Wishes
> >
> > John
> >

> .

FWIW, oreilly.com has a deal right now for 40% off of Microsoft Press books.
I saved a chunk on my MCAS study guide plus got free shipping. I had my book
within about 5 days.

--

> Thanks JoAnn,
> That is useful advice & if anyone else has any other ideas they'd be
> appreciated.
>

> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> "Best" ma uals is a tough call. It depends on what you want to do. I have
>> several Missing Manual books, some Dummies books, and assorted other
>> books.
>> My most recent purchases were the Study Guide of the MCAS test and Excel
>> 2007 Dashboards & Reports for Dummies. I look thru the book before
>> purchasing it and see if it fits my need.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Originalgoth" <Originalgoth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction
>> > manuals
>> > you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also
>> > VBE?
>> >
>> > I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a
>> > decent
>> > document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough
>> > knowledge
>> > of
>> > Access......Only used PowerPoint once.......
>> >
>> > I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I
>> > have
>> > some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I
>> > see
>> > now).
>> >
>> > I have created several Excel projects with Macros but I haven't really
>> > worked so much with the other parts of Office as much so that's why I
>> > ask
>> > this question.......
>> >
>> > This site is GREAT and there are a lot of answers on here.
>> >
>> > Thanks For ALL the help I've got from members & found on here.
>> >
>> > Happy New Year & Best Wishes
>> >
>> > John
>> >

>> .

0
JoAnn

Microsoft Office 2004 WEB COMPONENT
Hi, Will Microsoft OFFICE 2004 have the WEB COMPONENT Tool for SAFARI or INTERNET EXPLORER? Bye. In article <4002DCAE.C4F567EA@prova.com>, prova <prova@prova.com> wrote: > Will Microsoft OFFICE 2004 have the WEB COMPONENT Tool for SAFARI or > INTERNET EXPLORER? That hasn't been announced yet. However, since the Windows Office Web Component uses ActiveX technology, which doesn't work on Macs, I suspect it won't. ...

Using HyperLinks in Outlook
When I insert a hyperlink in outlook and change the format to html, I am not allowed to create a "friendly" name. For example I want to say click here and make here the hyperlink to cnn.com. I cannot do this, but it works on another computer. Suggestions? ...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

CRM Address Book problems
I am having severe problems with the Outlook client. Basically they appeared when I first installed the Outllok client about 2 weeks ago, but disappeared while I was doing various other bits of testing etc. I have recently reinstalled the Outlook client to point to a different server (deleted the roaming profile I was using as well) and Outlook is havoing constant problems and seizes up every 30 - 60 seconds saying that it is trying to get data from the Exchange server. Obviously this means that I can;t roll out. I do not have any clues as to what is going on. It's not a network prob...

Blurry text in Bold
Bold characters in excel cells are blurred (reduced clarity) regular text appears fine. Please advise on remedy I understand that Word 2003 has similar issues on regular font. (deactivate ClearType was solution for word) I cannot find any info regarding Excel 2003 in knowledge base ...

text sort
I have some text in each cell in a column. The first few words in the cell are in bold and the rest are normal text. Is there anyway I can move all the non-bold text from column A into column B, and leave the bold text in column A? Thanks If you have the same number of characters made bold in each row, then you might use data > Text to columns > Fixed width, and set the column break where you want them.........otherwise, if you don't have too many rows, you might go in and manually insert a semicolon, or comma or something between the bold and normal text ,(or one may already exi...

Can Korean IME be used in MS Publisher 2002?
Hi? Thanks for your interest! Could you tell me, whether I can use Korean IME in MS publisher 2002 to make Address Label in Korean? Thank you!!! Blake. ...

Options Ticker Symbols from E*Trade in MS Money
Greetings all, I've been using MS Money (several versions) successfully to download my brokerage trades from E*Trade for several years now. There's been a small issue with the ticker symbols E*Trade uses for Equity Options which until recently has been more of an annoyance rather than a problem: The standard E*Trade uses for Equity Options ticker symbols is a standard 4 or 5 letter code. E*Trade's ticker symbol for the Altria JAN 30-strike call is: MOAF Microsoft, however, uses a slightly different ticker standard: they use the exact same 4 or 5 letter code but with a ".&q...

save linking when moving linked text boxes
how do I save linking when moving linked text boxes? I.e., i have a box on page 1 that is linked to a box on page 3. I want to move the second box to page 4 but I want it to maintain the linking. in truth I have added 4 new pages and my cutsom pagination has changed because of the way i'm laying this out for printing. I need to move all the text boxes around. If the text boxes are linked, move just the text and not the boxes; gather the text, Copy, go to the page wanted, Paste. Go back to the original page, gather the text, Cut. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "l...

how to use marco in excel
is any one know how to use Marco in excel and what is benefits to use it? Thanks a lot -- rnparikh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rnparikh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25737 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391490 Yes we know how to use a macro, they are usually required to do something not built into Excel. But if you don't have a use, why do you ask? -- HTH Bob Phillips "rnparikh" <rnparikh.1sypmc_1122692712.2267@excelforum-nospam.com> w...

Num Lock turned off when using SendKeys
Code is: AppActivate "MYOB Accounting", True Call DelaySeconds(0.5) SendKeys "{TAB}", True It's definately the SendKeys that turns the Num Lock off. -- Regards Tom On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:03:01 -0800, ThomasAJ <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Code is: > >AppActivate "MYOB Accounting", True >Call DelaySeconds(0.5) >SendKeys "{TAB}", True > >It's definately the SendKeys that turns the Num Lock off. Yep. This is one of many, many reasons to avoid SendKeys if at all possible. I don...

Hide Columns Using Numbered References
I'm trying to hide columns in a sheet using references to "numbered columns" instead of "lettered" columns, but I can't figure out the correct syntax. Someone please help. Thanks Sub TestCount() Dim MyCount MyCount = Range("A1").Value * 2 + 3 MyEndRange = 256 Columns("MyCount:MyEndRange").Hidden = True End Sub Columns(MyCount & ":" & MyEndRange).Hidden = True jrew23@yahoo.com wrote: > > I'm trying to hide columns in a sheet using references to "numbered > columns" instead of "l...

Button caption texts disappears after changing to Theme Windows XP
Hi, I have a simple dialog just for inputting text. This dialog has a input field, and OK Cancel button. In windows classic theme, everything is OK, but if the windows theme is changed to Windows XP, the texts on OK and Cancel buttons just disappear. The dialog's title is still there, BTW. What could be the reason? Thanks. To help your analysis, I give my codes here: #include "WhiteboardTextEntryDialog.h" #include "ComponentsID.h" #include "Data/ResourcesManager.h" BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(WhiteboardTextEntryDialog, SkinDialog) ON_BN_CLICKED( IDOK, onOKButto...

Wrap text around certain section/paragraph
Hi, I have a paragraph and a table on a page. I want to wrap all text around that certain page. That is no matter what happens, that one paragraph and the table underneath it should stay on page 16!!! I have searched for 2 hours already... cant find solution You can't wrap text around an entire page. Anything that is text-wrapped must be anchored to a text paragraph. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "VBforlifeYO" <VBforlifeYO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B...

No answer so I'm reposting (1 of 2): Some Visio drawings lose text when creating PDF from Word
I have a number of Visio drawings that I've inserted into a Word document, using Edit>>Copy Drawing in Visio then Paste Special (selecting Microsoft Visio Drawing Object and Paste Link). When I compile a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Professional 7, some of the Visio drawings lose their text (all of it). The text is there in the Word document, just doesn't come through when I create the PDF<arggh> Anyone got any ideas or cures?? Thanks Mike On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:40:42 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com> wrote: >I have a number of Visio drawings tha...

No debug with VS using Taskman shell?
Hallo Im currently upgrading our platform with a new CPU. Im making a new WinCE 5.0 image for the HW, but with the same "features" as the old one. Im using taskman as the shell. I have added the taskman source to the platform. I also have added the __SYSGEN_TASKMAN environment variable to the platform settings. This is in my platform.bib: IF __SYSGEN_TASKMAN==1 taskman.exe $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\taskman.exe NK S ENDIF And this in my platform.reg: (Replacing explorer.exe) IF __SYSGEN_TASKMAN==1 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init] "Launch50"="task...

date in text string
Im trying to make a text string that contains a date that is mentioned in another sheet: ="results for the month of "&'Sheet(1)'!A1 &" and following months" However, the date in this formula is changed to a number, although the date in sheet1 is formatted as mmm-yyyy. Does anyone know how to solve this? regards, Hans Hi Hans try ="results for the month of "&TEXT('Sheet(1)'!A1,"mmm- yyyy") &" and following months" >-----Original Message----- >Im trying to make a text string that contains a date that...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

An Error has occurred loading MS CRM functionality
New load of the CRM client software and on Outlook start I get: "An error has occurred loading MS CRM functionality. Try restarting Outlook" Not very informative and of course restarting provides the same error. Anyway to get more info on what is crapping out about it? John, I had some similar issues with some clients during my 3.0 upgrade. Are you on 1.2 or 3.0? Also, are there any errors in your Event logs on that machine? Some other things to try: Remove any cached passwords pointing to the CRM server: ... Navigate to the Control Panel 2. Select 'User Accounts' ...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.) -- Tom Sherwood ...

How to use MFC code in an ATL service?
How to use MFC code in an ATL service? I have some MFC code and I need put it in an ATL service. How can I do it? Is possible create a service with MFC support? Thanks. Rui Oliveira ...

Where is Address book data (Oultook 98 /Windows 98) (Outlook XP /Windows XP)?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C3DB10.0FD801C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Where is Address book data (Oultook 98 /Windows 98) (Outlook XP /Windows = XP)? ------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C3DB10.0FD801C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dis...

problems opening Office X 10.1.6 Update
I downloaded the new update - I had X 10.1.1. Upon trying to open it, after master code I get a sign "gathering information" and then an eternal beach ball. Anyone have ideas to assist? See this Apple Knowledge Base article for details: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107704> On 10/14/04 4:24 PM, in article 678eb007.0410141324.e291a24@posting.google.com, "Fish tales" <kiva4@mindspring.com> wrote: > I downloaded the new update - I had X 10.1.1. Upon trying to open it, > after master code I get a sign "gathering information" a...

Advanced Find to list all contacts by account?
Hello, I'm having trouble creating an advanced find that will list all contacts in an account. The only thing I can get to work is after entering the an account name and running the find, it only shows the primary contact. I have different divisions (accounts) that use the same company and I'm trying to get a list of all contacts for all divisions. Anyone have an idea how to create afind that will accomplish this? Thanks! Try running the find on Contacts (instead of Accounts). You can specify the Accounts you want easily enough. That should solve the problem. -- Fortis &q...