automatically insert current date

Hello Group,

I'm trying to create a Fax template in which the date field will
automatically fill in with the current date. I've downloaded some of
the MS templates which will do this, but I have no way of knowing or
seeing what code is in that field.

If I'm doing a template on my own, how to I get the date to update to
current one automatically?

Many thanks.

Jack
0
JClark

The application you are using is?

JClark wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I'm trying to create a Fax template in which the date field will
> automatically fill in with the current date. I've downloaded some of
> the MS templates which will do this, but I have no way of knowing or
> seeing what code is in that field.
>
> If I'm doing a template on my own, how to I get the date to update to
> current one automatically?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Jack

0
Bob
11/19/2009 1:12:58 PM
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:12:58 -0600, Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The application you are using is?
>
>JClark wrote:
>
>> Hello Group,
>>
>> I'm trying to create a Fax template in which the date field will
>> automatically fill in with the current date. I've downloaded some of
>> the MS templates which will do this, but I have no way of knowing or
>> seeing what code is in that field.
>>
>> If I'm doing a template on my own, how to I get the date to update to
>> current one automatically?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Jack
Sorry. MS Word 2003. Thanks.

Jack
0
JClark

OWA- Characters are inserted into Forward and Reply
Recently, When messages are forwarded or replied to characters get inserted into the original message. Non Blanking Spaces for example: &nbsp; ,&nbsp; I am not sure if this is a result of a security update or not, and if so is it browser or OWA. Then the real question- how do I correct it. ...

Inserting a date field
How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word quite easily but for some reason Excel presents more a a challange. R2D2, =TODAY() will give you today's date, is that what you need? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "R2D2" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1HpHg.16195$Ch.11155@clgrps13... > How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word qu...

inserting .dot templates and headers/footers
Hello, I have question regarding insertion of .dot templates in empty word documents. Background: Our CRM software produces new, empty word documents (from normal.dot) when you want to create a letter. We then use the insert > file option to import a ..dot template that will show the exact layout of the letter as we want it. The letter contains headers and footers on every page, and the template is divided in different sections with different footers. When i open the template from word, everything looks fine. When I insert the ..dot file as a template (through insert &...

Automatic CC

Edit document date on a posted sales document
Our client would like the ability to edit a posted sales documents document date. They indicated they would like security available to the option so that only specified users could change the date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft...

Automatic axis format

Counting days between dates
I am trying to calculate working days late or early between two dates using =NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2) If I have a due date of 24 Sept and I ship on 24 Sep then I am neither late or early so I am on time i.e. 0 days - but my formula returns 1! If I have a due date of 24 Sept and I ship on 23 Sep then I am shipping 1 day early i.e. –1 – but my formula returns –2 formula due actual days early late should be 24-Sep 24-Sep 1 0 24-Sep 25-Sep 1 1 24-Sep 23-Sep -2 -1 What do I need to do...

newbie-pls help me with inserting date into editbox in MFC.
Actually i tried to create an editbox in a dialog and then for the editbox i assigned a member variable m_val4 of type COleDateTime,but in the date editbox i need only the date part as it is obvious but the above gives me both time and Date.Is there something like GetCurrentDate(); This code below m_val4 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); Gives me 1/27/06 2:14:38 PM What do i do to get Date alone and Time alone.Thanx in advance. There are GetMonth(..), GetDay(...), GetHour(...),GetMinute(...), GetYear(...) GetSecond functions you can call on COleDateTime object after you construct ...

Date and Time on Reports
How do I print the current/report date and time on reports as well as on receipt templates (POs, PORcv etc)? hi Alex, you can use the formula to translate the time: below is the code for you as example: (timesold is the datetime field) in RMs all transaction date field contain also time. Begin Column FieldName = "TimeSold" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" StoreIDFieldName = "" Title = "Time Sold" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "replicate('0',2-len(cast(DatePart(Hh,[Transaction].Time) a...

getting date and time information- Masking?
I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - yet keep the hour and am/pm how do I do that? 1:00:05 PM 1:00:10 PM 1:00:17 PM 1:00:37 PM 1:00:44 PM 1:00:47 PM 1:00:50 PM 1:00:55 PM 1:00:57 PM 1:00:58 PM 1:01:02 PM -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com =HOUR(a1)/24 (format as time including AM/PM) If I understand what you mean by mask. Brent Hauver wrote: > > I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - > yet keep the hour...

Cell color change referencing the date in designated cell
HI, How can I have fill color of cell change according to due date. In example, red overdue, green - on time, black complete. Thanks, K Use Conditional Formatting. You'll need to determine what is Overdue, On-time and Complete Read up on the help and come back for specific help Regards Trevor "Klonja" <plunti@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a18370dd.0401251510.2f990e0f@posting.google.com... > HI, > > How can I have fill color of cell change according to due date. In > example, red overdue, green - on time, black complete. > > Thanks, K Hi Cl...

DVD Insert Template
Like a few others, I would like to create a DVD Insert for the large style DVD case. I know I can create my own using template guides, but I would like to use the "Motion" background template as that is what my CD label is created from. Can anyone help? Thank you! Do you have the Motion template? Can you copy the image and then paste it to your label? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=motion is this the image you want? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kingb73"...

Number with dash is importing as date
An Excel spreadsheet is being exported from a SQL database that I cannot change, so I need to accomplish this in Excel. Sometimes, some of the many numbers contain a dash which Excel then interprets as a date. I can remove the dash programatically, but the number is not correct afterwards. For example, the number imported is 05-9078 which is displayed in Excel as May-78, but is actually stored as 5/1/9078. Changing the cell format to number or text gives me 2621833. I need to be able to add to my macro something that will give me back the original number so that I can remo...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #3
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? Malcolm, Why not just format it as you want, but input as standard dd/mm/yyyy. You can't (easily) get the 1st 2nd etc, but a format of dd mmmm yyyy is quite close. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Malcolm Agingwell" <MalcolmAgingwell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5905AC36-E0E9-4CC2-8689-3C9D311C4D3C@microsoft.com... > Trying to set up field in Excel Data Sour...

Inserting Rows Problem
Hi there, I have a list of about 2000 rows. However, in between each of thes rows I want to insert a blank row that can be used for people to writ in once the list is printed off. Is there a quick way to do this? Kind regards Andre -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp161's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26611 If you insert rows it will affect sorting, etc. and be a real pain. Many posts here want to delete blank rows ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

date calculation #2
Hi, I want to prepare a Excel spreadsheet which calculates the balance of good in a store as, for eaxmple, follows. A B 1 Brought forward 200 2 manufactured 10 3 Sales 15 4 Balance =B1+B2-B3 I need to know wehther it is possible to change automatically b/f value in cell B1 to the Balance value in cell B4 at the start of everyday. ...