Autoformat question

We have a need to turn off AutoFormat replacement of "straight quotes with
smart quotes", "fractions with fraction characters", "ordinals with
superscript", and "hyphens with dashes" on a 1,000 of our 13,000
installations of Office 2007.  I can use a specially filtered group policy
with the Office 2007 group policy templates to disable those options in
AutoFormat As You Type/Replace As You Type, but there is not a similar group
of settings for AutoFormat/Replace.

Does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this aside from emailing
manual instructions to the group?

Thanks,

Tom

0
Tom

Exam MB2-423 question
I have just failed this exam by one question, thought I was doing quite well but..... Anyway there was one question which stated something like "You have just created a new KB article and submitted it. Name the 3 queues it will appear in". The answers were New, Draft, Unapproved, Published. I think this is poorly worded, I probably got the question right as I said New, Draft & Unapproved but New is not a queue, and once you have submitted it the article only appears in the Unapproved queue. It doesn't make sense to me Does anybody else have a different take on it...

autoformat add or change
Can you add a new auto format and/or change one. There is an autoformat list1 that hilites every other row in light grey is there a way to make it a different color? list 2 is green, but it hilites every two rows. Roll your own using Conditional Formatting Select a bunch of rows.....not cells, rows. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Format to your choice of color and hit OK Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:01:01 -0800, bwilde <bwilde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you add a new auto f...

Excel Graphing Question
Hi, I was wondering if Excel had a way to accentuate intersecting points in a graph. I have a graph with several plots (horizontal) and some more corresponding plots (vertical). Each of these plots intersect and I was wondering if there was a way to dim out (make transparent) the non-intersecting points to accentuate the intersecting ones. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help, Andrew Andrew - This may get you started: Click once on a point to select the entire data series. Wait a second or two. Click on an individual point to select just that point. Format ... For more de...

Scalability question
I have a website (WebsiteA) ASP.NET (VB) and its webservice (WsAddNewTransaction) hosted on a shared server at www.serverintellect.com. SQL 2005 backend database there too. I have another website (WebsiteB) hosted there as well which I have been using to test the webservice buy consuming WsAddNewTransaction. I created an aspx page with a loop to consume the webservice 100 times: '---------------------------------------------------------------- Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Dim strText As String = &q...

CPropertyPage creation, gen. comment, not a question.
A couple-three weeks ago I posted a question where I had trouble accessing the property PAGE. I was accessing it from the main dialog. It turns out that if the page had been active once, then the access errors didn't occur. This is because the page hadn't been initialized yet. I learned, that in fact, that is the normal behavior for property PAGEs. The way I worked around the issue, was to cycle through all of the PAGEs with pCPropertySheet->SetActivePage(x). Of course, the main problem, as this forum pointed out, was the overall structure of the program. Anyway, while I was...

Hyperlink problem and question
I created a hyperlink to a pdf file ,it flashes and closes whats wrong??? \\Pwreports\PWREPORTS\2010\197\2010000005_NIBRS Incident Report.pdf I can make the hyper link work once, ( flashes real fast and disappears) I need change two things the 197 and 2001000005 The 197 is the ofc badge and is located in cell bh6 and the 2010000005 is the case number and is located in cell au6 but when change it to the cells in which the info is it doesn't work no more I also will CRTL D after I can get this one line to work... The link refers to a drive in which the ofc's repor...

List Autoformatting
Hi, When Word automatically creates a list, it indents the bullet at 0.25" and the text at 0.5". I want to change these settings for a template, to be distributed to other users. I can't find any way of changing this setting. So far, I've changed the style of the paragraph that is applied, but this change is ignored. I've changed the list styles, once again, this is completely ignored. Any help - or at least confirmation that this is hard coded and can't be changed - would be much appreciated. Thanks, Geoff. You can't modify the indentatio...

spacing question
I have a document set up with double spacing. The spaces between paragraphs, however, are double that. How can I make the spaces between paragraphs the same as between lines of the document? Thanks In the Paragraph dialog, make sure Spacing Before/After is set to 0. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message news:eZIzyFj9KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a document set up with double spacing. The spaces between >paragraphs, however, ar...

Question
We have two users in our organization that we wish to limit the size of mail they sent to each other but no one else. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Michael "Michael Henderson" <mhenderson@nospam.amerlink.com> wrote: >We have two users in our organization that we wish to limit the size of mail >they sent to each other but no one else. > >Does anyone know how to do this? I don't think you can. But why look for a technical fix for the problem when a simple warning to them should suffice? Would you chain them to their desks if you found ...

Spilt Screen Question
I'm trying to fix the upper left corner (Section I) of the worksheet that is divided like this: Sec I * Sec II * * * ************************** Sec III * Sec IV * * * * I really only want to split it on the vertical. On the horizontal I want to keep section II and IV together. Right now, IV disappears under II when scrolling. But I want III to disappear under I when scrolling because I'm trying to fix I. I also want IV to disappear under III when scrolling. What do you think? Joe Sounds like you should be using Free...

Xslt question: how to transform children of a node into siblings?

Safe Pay Formatting Question
We are attempting to use Safe Pay to transmit a positive pay file for Bank of America and I'm having a couple of issues. Has anyone been able to achieve a Hash Total of the check numbers included in the file (where each check issue number is added together)? I'm also curious if anyone's been able to get a cutoff date into their file without manual manipulation? I guess any words of advice on this product would be helpful, I'm finding it seems rather limited...thanks! I'm just curious if you have figured this out. We are about to begin an initiative to produce produ...

Question About Sorting
I want to make a spreadsheet that shows multiple book authors and the books they have written. I want to set it up so that I can sort the list by last name of the author, but the books they write need to go with their name as it is moved. I have tried using column A for the author and column B for the books, but when column A authors is sorted, their books don't go with their name. I also tried indenting their books under their name with the same results. The data doesn't have to be in two columns, but their books need to go with their name. What can I do to make thi...

A question on vba
I have Excel 2000 installed in my computer, and probably need to do some vba programming. I have no experience at all. My first question is: does the vba come with Excel, or is it a separate software that I have to purchase and install? Thanks. Hi Dale, VBA comes with Excel. Change Security level from High to Medium Tools, Macros, Security, Medium Getting Started with Macros and User Defined Functions http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Some Examples of Macros in (see my excel.htm page as well) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm http://www.mvps...

ADC Pointer Question
Hi all. I have a W2K3 domain with two controllers (DC-1 and DC-2). I have two Exchange 5.5 servers in that domain running on Windows 2000 (EX-2 and EX-3) . I do have an ADC setup from DC-1 to EX-2. I am ready to install EX2K3 and it looks like the deployment tool wants you to install an ADC. This is not a problem but I am not clear where to point the new ADC. Should it go to an EX55 server or one of my W2K3 DC's? Thanks. "Gus" <egustafson@rsis.com> wrote: >I have a W2K3 domain with two controllers (DC-1 and DC-2). I have two >Exchange 5.5 servers in that dom...

AllocSysString question
I created a COM interface. STDMETHODIMP CMyObj::GetName(BSTR* bstrName) { // TODO: Add your implementation code here CString strName = "John Master"; *bstrName = strName.AllocSysString(); return S_OK; } My question here is: 1. In the method, I did AllocSysString(). Does this cause a memory leak since I didn't free it ? Does COM runtime handle this ? 2. This method could be called from within VB or C++. Does the caller need to free the memory ? Thanks in advance. >1. In the method, I did AllocSysString(). Does this cause a memory leak >since I didn't fre...

Some general questions about excel
Does anyone know: 1) How to "fill left" and "fill up"? 2) How to "shift cells left" when inserting a group of cells? 3) How to have "always create back-up" selected as a default option when you create a new Excel worksheet? Right now, if I "save as", this option is checked, but not when I do "new". Thanks for your advice! Julie Hi Julie can help with #1 - check out Edit / Fill ... options are there for left & up Cheers JulieD "Julie P." <jporpiglia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:KdadnX_TVP72WcvcRVn-i...

forum questions
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel previously, the link on the email message took me directly to the message to read any replies. Now it takes me to the home page of mactopia. What has changed? Mungo@officeformac.com wrote: > previously, the link on the email message took me directly to the > message to read any replies. Now it takes me to the home page of > mactopia. What has changed? You'll need to ask the administrators of that website. Their "forums" are simply a front-end to the free NNTP Usenet newsgroups, which are acces...

Mail routing question #2
I've got two connectors setup on our Exchange 2003 server. One is an SMTP connector that forwards mail to a smart host for spam/virus filtering and normal outbound internet mail delivery. The other connector is a routing group connector that connects to our corporate offices through a T1 and handles mail withing the Exchange 2003 organization. Here's the issue. We have been having problems lately with our SMTP gateway that filters inbound/outbound mail. When that server is down or not available, mail is getting routed up the T1 through the routing group connector and delivered via...

AutoFormat
Is there a way to create a custom AutoFomat in Excel? The only way I can think of accomplishing this is to create a custom style, but can I create one that will appear in the AutoFormat dialog box?? TIA Mike. ...

A question about CToolTipCtrl.
Hi All: Chinese English following! I add a CToolTipCtrl member in my dialog, and create it in OnInitDialog function, at last, I add a CEdit control to CToolTipCtrl member.When the CEdit control is enabled, tool tip can pop up normally, but when the CEdit control is disabled, tool tip can't pop up. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Fiveight Take a look at http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309050&highlight=CToolTipCtrl+disable -- If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? Regards, Goldbach "fiveight" wrot...

Question on Money 2000, Version 8.1
I will describe what happened a few days ago (I have had the above program since 2000 & have used it daily since, with no problems): With Money Open to "Home", click on "Accounts", click on any one of my several investment accounts & a screen comes up and directly under the word "View" on the left side of the screen are the words "Account Summary". When I click on "Account Summary", the column headings and corresponding data do not include all the same column headings an data that showed up before this problem AND the column ...

Question about WM_LBUTTONUP
I have a custom button in which I override OnLButtonUp and OnLButtonDn. When OnLButtonDn occurs I start a timer which causes some action to be taken while the button is down. When OnLButtonUp occurs the timer is stopped and the action stops. My problem is there is a case where the OnLButtonDown causes a file dialog to open. When this occurs, I lose the OnLButtonUp message which prevents the timer from being stopped. The message doesn't appear to get to the parent either. I've verified this using spy. Is there some other place I can get this message in this condition? Thanks "ma...

2 easy questions..
Hi, Easy questions but seemingly hard to find answers: 1. When creating a rule, I've set Outlook to forward all mail that is received to an Exchange/AD contact and then move the mail to deleted items. It appears that the icon seems to think that is a client side rule but I don't think it should be. Shouldn't that be server side? 2. Mailbox manager in ESM..... Does it run with the other recipient policies or only from the schedule defined on the server? I believe by default all polices run at 4am or something like that and I was wondering if my mailbox management pol...

AutoFormat
Everytime I open Word 2003 the AutoFormat settings I set last time have changed back. Everytime I set up a new docu I uncheck ordinals and fractions in the AutoFormat tab, Capital first letter of sentences and cells in the AutoCorrect tab, and Fractions and Ordinals in the AutoFormat as you type tab. While this is every time I open Word, if I open a second docu while the first is still open, the settings in the new docu are the same as I reset for the first, but once I closed Word all settings revert. Indent and spacing also changes at some time during typing too and I have to go...