add older HP 500"all in one" HP printer, fax, copier problem

I am not able to install a "all in one" HP printer, copier, fax, and scanner
to my PC.  I have Microsoft XP professional.  As I attempt to follow the
install/add on hardware directions i, in the last step, get a message of,
"sorry, we have encountered a problem and are unable to complete the install"
message.  There is nothing wrong with the printer and I know it works as I
had it working before on the computer but after having installed XP pro I
left it disconnected for a long while and now am not able to get it
installed.  Help me somebody by giving me instructions and or a contact phone
number for  assistance.  The HP all in one is about (7) yrs. old, but works
great and do not want to by another because it may be old or does not bare
accepted XP compatibility code or some like problem.  Sure could use some
direction here, thanks in advance, AL

Instead of using the HP PSC 500 printer driver that comes with Windows
XP, you might try using the latest driver from HP's website
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=18676&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=24366&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228
..

If the updated printer driver still doesn't work, then you'll have to
resign yourself to the fact that older hardware is not always compatible
with newer operating systems.  When I switched to Windows XP, I had to
stop using three perfectly functional older printers that Windows XP
wouldn't communicate with.

maddy1usa@msn.com wrote:

> I am not able to install a "all in one" HP printer, copier, fax, and scanner
> to my PC.  I have Microsoft XP professional.  As I attempt to follow the
> install/add on hardware directions i, in the last step, get a message of,
> "sorry, we have encountered a problem and are unable to complete the install"
> message.  There is nothing wrong with the printer and I know it works as I
> had it working before on the computer but after having installed XP pro I
> left it disconnected for a long while and now am not able to get it
> installed.  Help me somebody by giving me instructions and or a contact phone
> number for  assistance.  The HP all in one is about (7) yrs. old, but works
> great and do not want to by another because it may be old or does not bare
> accepted XP compatibility code or some like problem.  Sure could use some
> direction here, thanks in advance, AL

0
garfield
11/14/2009 7:21:36 AM
HP has Windows XP drivers for Officejet 500 at:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=58160&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=4&submit.x=11&lang=en&cc=us

You may need to cut and paste the link to your browser.
Or go to: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html  and search for
the drivers for you Officejet 500.

If current drivers do not work, uninstall {Control Panel, Add/Remover
Programs} and uninstall anything related to your printer that was installed.
Try the installation again and if offered choose Custom installation, select
that and install only the drivers for the printer. Do not install any of the
support programs that came with the driver download. If the drivers install,
you can go back and install the support software to want.

Do a web search for OfficeJet 500 installation.

Don

"maddy1usa@msn.com" <maddy1usa@msn.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:87AF1D7A-5659-4D10-8E88-33E8054DBE74@microsoft.com...
> I am not able to install a "all in one" HP printer, copier, fax, and
> scanner
> to my PC.  I have Microsoft XP professional.  As I attempt to follow the
> install/add on hardware directions i, in the last step, get a message of,
> "sorry, we have encountered a problem and are unable to complete the
> install"
> message.  There is nothing wrong with the printer and I know it works as I
> had it working before on the computer but after having installed XP pro I
> left it disconnected for a long while and now am not able to get it
> installed.  Help me somebody by giving me instructions and or a contact
> phone
> number for  assistance.  The HP all in one is about (7) yrs. old, but
> works
> great and do not want to by another because it may be old or does not bare
> accepted XP compatibility code or some like problem.  Sure could use some
> direction here, thanks in advance, AL

0
dgmacmi

Can you have a formula followed by text all in one cell?
Just as the subject askes, I what to have a formula in a cell that the number that it puts out is then followed by whatever text i want. Is this possible? Hi Brian, =A1+B1&" Is the result of adding A1 & B1" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F7DC8A6-1A64-4FDE-8A53-FE416865327A@microsoft.com... > Just as the subject askes, I what to have a formula in a cell that the > number > that it puts out is then followed by whatever text i want. Is this > possible? Brian, here is on way,...

Vlookup all in one
I have a database with dates in the first column and formulas in the rest of the columns to the left. How can i create a formula that will give me the date in the first column if there is data to the right of the date. Appreciate the help in advance. Al Hi Al, I'm a bit confused with your post but will take a stab at it. I will assume you have dates in the "first" column and I will call that column A. Now, there can be no columns to the left of column A so I will further assume you meant columns to the right as you indicated in the second paragraph. So, with dates ...

add older HP 500"all in one" HP printer, fax, copier problem
I am not able to install a "all in one" HP printer, copier, fax, and scanner to my PC. I have Microsoft XP professional. As I attempt to follow the install/add on hardware directions i, in the last step, get a message of, "sorry, we have encountered a problem and are unable to complete the install" message. There is nothing wrong with the printer and I know it works as I had it working before on the computer but after having installed XP pro I left it disconnected for a long while and now am not able to get it installed. Help me somebody by giving me instr...

All in one document or multiple
Hi there, I am very new to Visio and would appreciate some advice. I have to document the processes in an organisation, from marcro level to micro level. For example at macro level I have Procurement, Sales, Logistics, Ops and Admin. Within Procurement there would be maybe 3 processes. Do I put everything in one document or does each process be a document? If it's all in one document does Visio allow you to just print sub-processes? If each process is it's own document how can you print out the "Big Picture"? Any tips would be appreciated. Regards Assuming you have...

POS All In One Computers
We are looking at replacing all of POS computers with all in one units. I am looking for recommondations from the community on who we should look at. We have already looked at the Point of Sale Terminals from Radiant Systems and the SurePOS from IBM. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks, Stephen Moore Stephen: Do not, Do Not, DO NOT purchase Radiant terminals for use with RMS; they won't work properly due to proprietary design. Everyone has all-in-one units today. Units that are compatible with nearly all POS programs are available from PosiFlex, Pioneer, T...

HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstall process
Hi, I tried to reinstall all software for the above after following all solutions from HP website. The software installs up to 96% and then hangs there for both printers I do not know what is causing this problem. The printers will still print, but the icon HP printer solution does not detect printer and therefore I cannot scan a document to email or detect ink levels. Has anybody had the same problem and what did you do about it? I think if I reinstalled all vista software cleanly and made a clean boot this would solve problem. This process would be timely and I want to ...

bubble chart
Hi ... Have about 10 bubbles there. Need to format data labels of ALL 10 bubbles at the same time. (I wanna select Alignment > label position > center, that means moving all 10 data labels to the center of the bubbles) Any method that i can do it in one go, without the need to select and format it one by one ? Using Excel 2002. Thanks. Hi, If the bubbles are all different series then no. You can reduce the time by using F4 which will repeat the command. So format one data label and then select another and press F4. Cheers Andy dstdst123@excite.com wrote: > Hi ... > >...

Office 2007 Desktop all in one icon
how do i restore the msofice task manger thet opend all the msoffice programs??? "Alice" <sweetalice79@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE9EE1A2-E398-496E-9CA5-F10E1946791E@microsoft.com... > > how do i restore the msofice task manger thet opend all the msoffice programs??? you cant it isnt in msofice 2007 so theres nothing to restore http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573 i thaught ther was a icon that u cold click and open any the programs. i know how to find out im gona uninstall and reinstall it. ill let u know how it goes alice ...

How do I import to word 2007 from an HP C7280 all in one copier.
With Windows XP I could import documents and photos etc perfectly into MS Word from my HP Photosmart C7280 and then send them as email attachments. Since upgrading to Windows 7 Office Professional, Word will not let me do this. While it recognises the C7280 as a printer it does not seem to recognise it as a scanner. When I look for 'import' in Word 2007 it is not there as it was in XP. When I look in 'insert' there is no provision to import from my C7290. Can anybody help please ????????? Regards, Jack Cox See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor...

All in one!
It is a lot of all - Hottest Offers - Gifts, Discounts, Sale, Fre Stuff, Freebies, Coupons and more you will find at us. UK Best offers Discounts, Free Stuff, Freebies, Coupons, Gifts, Sale, Hottest Offers 'Coupons, Gifts, Sale' (http://www.freestuffleague.co.uk -- maxaoff ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maxaoffi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3779 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57355 ...

All in one peripherals?
Is anyone using an "all in one" card reader, pin pad, signature capture device. If so what is the make/model and your opinion of the device. None of these work with RMS out of the box. TPI Software has a tendering add-in that allows the use of the Ingenico Entouch 1000 - see http://www.tpisoft.com for details, or call your reseller for assistance. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all ca...

I have an all in one . I have scanned successfully but how do I E.
I need to edit a scanned document. What do please? Depending on the software installed on your system, you may be able to use OCR software to edit the text. I personally don't know of any software that will allow you to scan in a document and have a file that is easily "tweakable". Most require a bit of editing afterward. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4197495-6557-4C50-B679-40FB43DB446C@microsoft.com... >I need to edit a scanned document. What do please? --- Outgoing mail i...

Lexmark X125 all in one printer
Does Money 03 or 04 permit printing a single check on the far right of the printer carriage? M01 does not. Don't want to buy it if I'll have the same problem. ...

All in One Printer defaults to "fax"??
This happens when we try to print from WLPG. If we catch it and change printer designation without the "fax" we can print pictures on the printer. Would like to change the default setting away from the fax machine. Anybody know if it can be done, and how to do it? Thanks, Mike Version of Windows? In Windows, you should be able to set the default printer and WLPG should respect that settings. -steve "Dian and Mike" <mdstoakes@windstream.net> wrote: >This happens when we try to print from WLPG. If we catch it and change >printer designat...

Saving Imbeded Pictures All In One Document
Hi - Is there a way to save pictures imbeded in an e-mail all in one document - like it came in the e-mail? I've seen the link to the tutorial for creating a macro that will save the pictures in an e-mail individually but that's not how I wanted to do it. I've tried saving the e-mail as a html document but the pictures don't show up. I have Outlook 2003. Thanks! ...

text import all in one column. how do I set it to multiple column
I'm trying to import data. I want it to go across into nine columns, but it's just loading in as one column. After you import the text you can use the Text to Columns function on the DATA menu to parse data across columns. -- Kevin Backmann "maggie Hettinger" wrote: > I'm trying to import data. I want it to go across into nine columns, but > it's just loading in as one column. > > First, make sure there are nine empty columns to the right of your column with the data in it.........then highlight the column, and do Data > TextToColumns...

All in one Windows 2003 Server as PDC with SQL and CRM
hello, can i install an Microsoft CRM Production Server as an All-In-one Solution with Microsoft CRM and SQL 2000 Server on the PDC (Windows 2003 Server)? Is this supported? What are the possible disadvantages besides not having an secondary Domain Controller for extra security? Andy in a testing environment this works but in production is not a good idea. The only supported single server deployment is sbs 2003 etc. why not supported? apart from SBS you should never start treating your domain controllers as application servers as if anything goes wrong you risk losing your entire AD....

Store similar types of records all in one table or separate tables?
Suppose you want to have four different types of records. Each of these records have numerous fields in common, and a few fields that are unique to each type of record. Most of the fields are related to other tables, but a few are simply text fields or Booleans. Which is better?: Keeping track of all 3 types of records in a single table. Or Creating separate tables for each type of record. Is one solution clearly better or is it just a matter of opinion? Thanks in advance, Tom On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:13:14 -0800 (PST), tryit <tryit.ca@gmail.com> w...