"find" is permenantly orange-highlighted- in outlook ...

My problem is that "find" is permenantly highlighted and when I try to
"reply" to an email, outlook hangs when trying to open Word.
I am running Office 2003 professional and have tried "fixing" with the disk.
I am a bit leary about a full install because I have email saved in my
folders that I definetly don't want to loose. I am not too sure about
archiving and retrieval. I have never successfully retrieved email in the
past. Anyway Outlook hangs when I try to reply to an email and I have to shut
the program down through Task Manager.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what caused this. I have done a restore
point past when this started...three days ago when I knew it was working just
fine. Thank you for investigating this query. Palamino

Uninstalling Outlook has no impact on the data files, using Archive doesn't
lose data, If you never managed to retrieve old data its because you are
using the incorrect 'retrieval' processes
Having said that uninstall / reinstall is unlikely to do anything
How does Outlook perform if you start it using the safe switch?;
Start>Run   outlook.exe /safe (note space between exe /)

"palamino" <palamino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My problem is that "find" is permenantly highlighted and when I try to
> "reply" to an email, outlook hangs when trying to open Word.
> I am running Office 2003 professional and have tried "fixing" with the
> disk.
> I am a bit leary about a full install because I have email saved in my
> folders that I definetly don't want to loose. I am not too sure about
> archiving and retrieval. I have never successfully retrieved email in the
> past. Anyway Outlook hangs when I try to reply to an email and I have to
> shut
> the program down through Task Manager.
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what caused this. I have done a restore
> point past when this started...three days ago when I knew it was working
> just
> fine. Thank you for investigating this query. Palamino

0
DL

How to find out the path where the exe is located?
I have to create a file in the directory where the program itself is located, but I cannot find any function that would give the path. Any suggestion? I only find things that give the path of the current directory, but that is no good.... Thanks. ZPenzes "ZPenzes" <zpenzes@yahoo.com> wrote in news:3fb553b6@andromeda.datanet.hu: > I have to create a file in the directory where the program itself is > located, but I cannot find any function that would give the path. Any > suggestion? I only find things that give the path of the current > directory, but that is ...

Finding the number of records in a query
Hi there! I want to restrict my users from running a query if there are records in a second query. The second query has 2 parameters based on forms, [Forms]![frmInvBusNums]![InventoryNum] and [Forms]![frmInvBusNums]![BusUnit] The code I'm trying to run, which is totally wrong looks something like this: Dim db As DAO.Database ' Dim rst As DAO.Recordset ' ' Set db = CurrentDb ' ' ' set rst=db.QueryDefs "Discrepancy_Report" ' If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then ' MsgBox "There are conflicts" ' Exit Sub ' ...

Finding data within a worksheet made up of links
This should be simple, at least I would think so, but I can't find a way to do it. I have a workbook that imports data from another workbook, then populates another sheet with which I produce my output. The output sheet shows all the appropriate date but the cell reference is simply the link to another worksheet. For example: My sheet shows the number 100 but in the cell it reads =otherworkseet!a1 (the source from which the data is extracted. I want to find out how I can use find or a formula to show me every cell that has the 100 in it without converting it to raw da...

Editing hyperlink with find and replace
When I use find and replase to edit multiple hyperlinks in a Excel sheet (linking to another workbook and sheet1) to link to sheet2 instead, the hyperlink changes on screen but proforms exactly the same (links to sheet1). How do I get to do what I want? I'm not exactly clear on what the problem is but, fwiw, the usual way to change links is via Edit, Links, Change Source. -- Jim "Trevor B" <Trevor B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D3DB28-FF74-4722-AFEF-C26C5320487E@microsoft.com... | When I use find and replase to edit multiple hyperlinks in a E...

Where do I find the 3D Lotto Matrix System?
I want to win in the 3-digit PCSO suertres lotto. Along this desire, I want to know the matrix system for this game. Charles wrote: > I want to win in the 3-digit PCSO suertres lotto. Along this desire, > I want to know the matrix system for this game. The normal price for this information is $49.95. BUT WAIT A payment received within the next hour is available for only $99.95. This will include a 100% guaranteed method of winning *every* time you play. You may not make a profit, but you will win. On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:07:02 -0800, Charles <Charles@discussions....

Finding/deleting macros...
Thanks to anyone who helped me with my finding/deleting link question... Now in a different workbook.. when i open it, it prompts whether t enable or disable macros. When i go to the macros list though, it blank, none listed. How could I find where thesee phantom macros ar and get rid of them? FYI we always choose Disable macros. This is work book that was built a long time ago, probably has about 50+ tab of which we only currently use about 15. Thanks for any help! Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you also have to remove the modules: - open the VBA editor (hi...

CRM Setup couldnot find a valid organization on the specitied data
What's the matching info between the database and active directory? I try to modify them to match each other. Why? "CEO" <ceo_uk@msn.com> wrote in message news:4572A486-133A-4117-9A3E-8234FB6235B3@microsoft.com... > What's the matching info between the database and active directory? I try > to > modify them to match each other. Becasue: 1. I only backup the SQL database for CRM.(x_CRM.mdf , etc.); 2. I removed the original OU in Active Directive; 3. completely re-install CRM using a new database; 4. un-install CRM, remove database, but keep OU in AD...

Advanced Find
In CRM 3.0, when creating an Advanced Find for the URL entity, we noticed that in the Select > Fields list, there are two instances of URL. Both instances work the same, but our users are curious why there are two instances when there is only one URL entity in the system. Thanks. ...

KB945412-v10 sp1 fails
Hi, I installed GP on my laptop and created the sample company. logged in and out. Next, I ran the upgrade to SP1 and it failed. The error message follows: Title: Windows Installer The upgrade cannot be installed by the Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch. I think I might know why - the OS and programs are all installed on the E drive. In a post in 2007, John Oberlin ran into...

Using sdk to find out if an Account already exists
Hi, Want to use sdk to see if an Account already exists , all i have is its name. I've looked at Retrieve method but it requires the Guid. Any equivalent call to Retrieve that just takes name? Or a way to get the Guid from the name? Sample code would be great if available. Thanks for all help. John Hi John, The method you are looking for is RetrieveMultiple as only the guid search gives the certainty to retrieve only one record. All explanations are in the sdk but as the sdk sample is nearly the exact code you want, here it is : // Set up the CRM Service. CrmService service =3D new ...

Find Now returns "no items found" in a public folder when it should find something
I have an SBS 2003 server running with Outlook 2003 clients. In one particular public folder if the user selects this folder in Outlook and uses the "find" button, types in the criteria in the "look for" field and clicks the "find now" button - Outlook does not find anything (there things to be found) and comes up with a "no items found" message. If the user uses advanced find from the "options" drop down menu - then the search works! But when the user trys this seach in other public folders (with the relevant search criteria) - it works....

Need to find the table
I do get some odd requests for great plains. My latest requires me to track down a table. The one i need is for one of the forms that shows in the smart list. I need the one under account transactions and is called Output VAT Nominal. I need to know what table/s supply this form. Even better would be if it was possible to access the hard coding of this form. I looked for it and found nothing. We run great plains version 8 should it help. well, thankyou all kindly in advance. Tools>Resource Descriptions is always a good place to start. "Saltious" wrote: > I do get som...

Advanced Find: Account which are not a member of a marketing list
Hi, It sound really simple and I thought it was but my advanced find is not working. I am looking for the accounts of the current user and these account should not be a member of a certain marketing list. So I started at account level and set the criteria for owner to current user. Then I selected the Related Marketing list. There set het marketing list does not eqaul the specific marketing list. Runnen the query does not give any result. Changing the marketing list criteria to equal does return the members of the marketing list. What am I missing?? Confirmed, that is the same be...

How to find merged records?
How to find merged inactive records with advanced find? Or do I need to use e.g. workflow to put those to special marketing list? If I'm understand right, those merged inactive record I can delete and still save the data that is copied to active record. Merged information is anyway on opened form "The record was merged with the X recrd, and then deactivated." but it is too much work to open all inactivated records (~50000) Jukka Majander Hi, Have a look at this post: http://crmdude.wordpress.com/2009/09/28/modifying-views-outside-microsoft-crm/. Shafraz -- Visit my bl...

faq: use position of CList can find the element?
Hi, In CList , we can use variable of type POSITION to GetAt(),SetAt(),etc. Now if we use it like this: funtion1(POSITION currentpos, POSITION& previouspos) { };//in function1 return the value of previouspos funtion1 returns the value of previouspos, can I use it to GetAt(previouspos) the element in another function2: function2() { .... mypoint=mysegment.mypointlist.GetAt(previouspos); .... }; .... does it worked? I mean , wether the position of CList is soly and fixed when the CList created? Thanks. Thank you very much! :) Thank this newsgroup very much! :) Visual Studio ...

How to find ObjectTypeCode in ISV-Config
In 4.0 I have a custom entity ‘new_changerequest’ with a 1:N relationship to Account, i.e. Account -> new_changerequest. On the Account form I have a button defined in ISV-Config to create a new new_changerequest: <Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_4412.gif" JavaScript=" var oId=crmForm.ObjectId; var newwindow = window.open('/userdefined/edit.aspx?_CreateFromType=1&_CreateFromId='+ oId + '&etc=10008#', '_blank','left=20,top=20,width=880,height=600,toolbar=0,status=1,resizable=1');" Client="web,Outlook" AvailableOffline...

Advanced Find not working after upgrade
After upgraded from Office SP 1 to SP 3, when I do a advanced search (Outlook 2000), even though there are only 1 mail in a folder, the advanced find still cannot find the mail after more than 1 minute eventhough the searching criteria is correct. Before the upgrade things works fine. Any idea? Did you ever get this fixed...I am having the same problem... "Fabian" wrote: > After upgraded from Office SP 1 to SP 3, when I do a > advanced search (Outlook 2000), even though there are only > 1 mail in a folder, the advanced find still cannot find > the mail after mo...

Find Last Item Entered in Row
Hi, I am hoping I can get some help on this. I have a spreadsheet that has an item # in column A, and has a place to enter prices for the next 52 weeks in columns B - BA. I need a formula in colum BB that will find the last price entered for that item # in all of the columns. There will be items that may get updated each week, and others that will only get updated periodically, so those columns may be blank. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ron, Put this in BB1 and drag down =LOOKUP(2,1/(B1:BA1<>""),B1:BA1) -- Mike When competing hypoth...

find window problems
When we try to find an item in Pos and then hit escape to close the find window, it puts an item into the transaction . It's always the same item, even though this item is in the middle of the items, not at the beginning or end. This started happening after we upgraded to 1.3R. It's causing a problem when we're busy, since we don't always catch it until after we print a receipt. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening, and how we can stop it? Craig Here are the steps to replicate this problem. Type in an ILC that's not in your database, to simulate an item no...

Change Default View for Advanced Find Results? (OL 2003)
I'll pose the brief question first. If you know the answer to it, there is no need to read the background (and many thanks in advance!). The question: Is there a way to configure Outlook 2003 Advanced Find so that the results always come up with a user pre-defined view (set of fields) rather than Advanced Find results' default columns? (Or, better yet, is there a way to permanently reset standard Find to search only From and Subect instead of fulltext?) Background: I liked the fact that standard Find in OL 97 defaulted to searching >From and Subject...took less time than fulltex...

Windows cannot find file message
I have a strange problem when I try to open an Excel file from My Computer or Windows Explorer. I get an error message to the effect that "Windows cannot find the file c:\book1.xls' ,etc. etc. although the file definitey exists. Not too sure what I've done, but any help fixing this problem would be most gratefully received. One possibility is that the file is nested too deep in the filing system. There is a limit to the number of characters that can be used for a file path. For Excel I thing this is about 234; for Windows it is more. See if the name given in the "ca...

Finding Characters
Hi MVP's and other smart people, I have a column of data (A1 thru A11500) with names or addresses etc. I would like to know if there is a way to display "Delete" or similar in the adjacent cell in the same row but the next column (B1 thru B11500) where any particular cell in column 'A' contains certain characters amongst the data within that cell. I have done this many times using the 'IF' formula when it necessarily matched the entire cell contents but it's only 1 or 2 characters contained within the contents of each cell that I need to match this time. Ho...

where can i find uk tax and national insurance calculations
i want to set up a template for calculating take home pay after tax national insurance etc. I would like to enter salary or hourly rate plus tax code/allowance. I'm trying to balance possible outgoings(rent,rates,gas,electric etc.) against salary required. i.e how much would i need to earn if i have a bedsit @ 90 pw or a 1 bed flat @ 130pw, diferent addresses might increase petrol used per week by 10pound or area might increase car insurance by 100 pound, all effecting outgoins so increasing salary requirements. I'd suggest you go to a UK government site to get those rates...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

Combo box
Greetings, Using the wizzard for creation of combo boxes the third option onm initial options page allows the combo box to find a record on a search. I would like this option but also be able to add to the list to allow new records to be created. How can I do this in vba code/form properties? The wizard had a macro running on the after update, couldnt quite see how to replicate this action using code/form properties. This would clear up my problem with my other long winded and hard to read post !!! Thanks Rob Hi Rob, Not positive this is what you mean, but the combo box will refl...