XP and Money 2006

Using XP home with Money 2006, is there a way to change the default music
audio file that plays when Money 2006 loads?

If I hear that same music audio file one more time I am going out and blow
my first million on boiled New Orleans crawfish and also some Cajun Gumbo.

0
fpn (4)
6/7/2006 4:35:42 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

You can change it by going to Tools->Settings->Program Settings. Click on
'Change Sounds', then 'Sounds' and scroll down to the 'Microsoft Money'
section. The start-up sound is on the launch Money or Start Money setting

Actually, you can do this outside of Money too, by going to Control
Panel->Sounds & Audio Devices, then from the 'Change sounds' part above.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org/

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money.
"FrontPage Novice" <fpn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> XP and Money 2006
>
> Using XP home with Money 2006, is there a way to change the default music
> audio file that plays when Money 2006 loads?
>
> If I hear that same music audio file one more time I am going out and blow
> my first million on boiled New Orleans crawfish and also some Cajun Gumbo.

0
glyn1 (1533)
6/7/2006 8:17:37 AM
In microsoft.public.money, FrontPage Novice wrote:

>Using XP home with Money 2006, is there a way to change the default music
>audio file that plays when Money 2006 loads?

Clear Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings[sounds]->PlaySounds or click
ChangeSounds and change sounds.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/7/2006 8:33:53 AM
Thanks both to Gly and Cal.

The file is 425 kb, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money
2006\MNYCoreFiles\sounds\

It was fun to use MusicMatch to burn Elvis into a 425 kb and change the
sound.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Best regards,
http://katrinalouisiana.us/hurricane-choir/
"Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."

0
fpn (4)
6/7/2006 12:50:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, FrontPage Novice wrote:

>It was fun to use MusicMatch to burn Elvis into a 425 kb and change the
>sound.

Ahh. So what did you pick?

===================================
Well, it's one for the Money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready,
Now go, cat, go.

Money, honey.
Money, honey.
Money, honey, if you want to get along with me.

If you come down to the river
I betcha you're gonna find some people who live
You don't have to worry
'Cause you have no money
People along the river are happy to give

Bright light city gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire
Got a whole lot of Money that's ready to burn,
So get those stakes up higher

Cash or credit, it doesn't matter
Long as my bank books keep growin' fatter
Easy street is my favorite avenue
Who needs Money, I do.

====================================

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/7/2006 3:24:13 PM
American Trilogy

Will change to Dixe every other month.

Thanks, Gary in New Orleans eating lunch with Hippies from all over the
world...

http://st-bernard.katrinalouisiana.us/hippy/hippy-cooking/index.html

0
fpn (4)

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Compressing/hiding subcategories (Money 2003)?
I've just upgraded to Money 2003 from an older version--97 or 98, I believe. I don't use many extra features--I basically use it as a simple ledger to keep track of the multiple accounts I manage in my job. I've categorized my transactions into topic-quarter-year format.....but after a while, there are far too many in the list, and I have to swim through them to find what I want. I've converted the older ones into subcategories, and it seems that the older Money version used to 'hide' the subcategories....they weren't open all the time. Now, in 2003, the ...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Money Plus Computer Transfer
Hello, I just got a new computer with Windows 7. I previously had Vista Home. However, I can't seem to get Money to work on the new computer. The old one is getting ready to sleep forever. Is there anything that I can do to get Money to work on my new computer or am I going to have to purchase a new Money Product.? Thank you, Install Money on the new W7 computer; copy your *.mny file to somewhere in the Documents tree - do NOT put in Program Files area (W7 doesn't like it). First time right click on the desktop icon for Money and select Run as Administrator. ...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Money Won't Start
All, I've seen many people posting various problems with getting Money to open. Folks are seeing all kinds of errors and troubling behavior after updating today. Cal posted a fix that seems to work for most cases. Here's what you need to do: Action Required: This can be remedied by removing stories1.gif and stories2.gif from the user WebCache typically C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\12.0\Webcache for Money 2004) Personally, I was getting a C++ Runtime Error on both of my Money files. I uninstalled, reinstalled, updated the DAC, etc. ...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Money 2004 Personnel & BUsiness
Hi, I understand that Microsoft has pulled the plug on the Personnel & Business Edition in the UK due to the lack of demand. This has left me in a not so good situation. Does anyone know of an alternative to money personnel & business that would import money files? thank you regards lucky star There wasn't a M2003 or M2004 P&B. Who knows what 2005 will bring? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "L TEMIMI" <ltemimi@aol.com...

AfxDaoInit fails on Win XP SP2
Hi, after deinstalling some test applications and then installing the Win XP SP2 a call to AfxDaoInit() fails with a CDaoException. This usually means that the Jet is missing. Windows however reports that the Jet is now part of the system so its not possible to install the latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP as well. Any idea how to check the presence of the Jet and solve the issue? Thank you for your time and help. Regards Thomas Trick ...

System Center Capacity Planner 2006
How is possible download this tool?!?!?!? I've tried some links but it was removed any suggestion?!?!!? It is only available with a Technet subscription. If you do not have one then you'll need to find a friend with one:-) Nue "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:ue4fjRGZGHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How is possible download this tool?!?!?!? > I've tried some links but it was removed > any suggestion?!?!!? > On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:24:07 +0200, "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >How is possible download this...

money express question
How can I get money express to update my accounts online? I'm running Money2002. TIA -Megabyte Money Express won't do this. Money Express is the bill reminder that can be set to open when you boot up your computer and displays advisor FYI and account and bill information. Are you referring to Money Web Express that synchronizes with MSN Money? Click on Tools, Access my Money data on the Web and step through the wizard to set it up. "Megabyte" <Hello@There.com> wrote in message news:ucvbgv4l0oups418uda852oe5j3vit5o2l@4ax.com... > How can I get money express t...

Outlook XP and VPN
My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? "=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:915F9EA9-C3F8-42E9-A6E2-611B7AA19773@microsoft.com: > My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. > Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they > see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? What do you mean by "can't ...

help! can't get money 2005 to import my money 2001 file
i bought a new computer and was using money 2001 - i have 4 years worth of data. i transferred the file to my new computer with money 2005 and it'll "convert" the file, but i can't see where the data is displayed. it says i have no accounts created...???? where is my data? is 2005 so different that i can't even FIND my data? please help- i have no idea what my bank balance is... File>Open. Find old file. It will make a copy as MXX, where XX is the version number (08? don't remember), then convert the original to the new version. If it looks like it started,...

Stock Purchases in 2006 Only
How can I generate a report that only shows stocks purchased in a certain time (this year for example). I was wondering how my stock picking has been this year. Thanks for all and any help In microsoft.public.money, marc wrote: >How can I generate a report that only shows stocks purchased in a certain >time (this year for example). I was wondering how my stock picking has been >this year. Not within Money. You could sort the portfolio by the Last Transaction column and look at the YTD column, but a dividend or a sell is also a transaction. You could just look at the YTD colum...

UPGRADE XP HOME to XP PRO SP2
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? Either uninstall SP3 from Home Edition or slipstream SP3 into your XP Pro installation media and create a new installation CD. -- -- "LURKER" <feelingdumb@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:uCoY16PdKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. > > I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 > > How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? there is very little difference between ...

Money 2k2 Account Balance Problem
Hello, I am new to Money. Purchased software in 2001 but never used. I have my assets listed in account register working fine, bills, fine. Now I am entering my debts. I have an account that I've entered that shows in my total account balance and is ADDED, not subtracted from my Total Account Balance as expected. The account shows in my Debt Planner as a liability and shows that I owe. Is this a bug, or something that I do not understand about financial accounting? In microsoft.public.money, Whistler wrote: > I am new to Money. Purchased software in 2001 but nev...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...

MS Money hates me....
........and wants to torment me! Hi! Using an older version of Money -Money 98. In my 'Budget Report' , I see an expense item for $61.60 with neither Category, Sub-category nor Budgeted Amount. That 61.60 IS included in Total Expenses in the Budget Report. However, every Expense Item I posted in ACCOUNTS has a Category and a Sub-category AND, AND, the total of those Expenses posted IS equal to the Expense total in the Budget Report. Now there's the rub. What can I do to delete that 61.60 without effecting the Total Expense figure in my Budget Report.. Boy, have I...