Wrong Recording of Short Sell and Sell to Open transactions

I am using Money 2005 and have a problem that is driving me nuts.

I downloaded investment transactions from Scottrade as a Direct
Statement (reading this statement is itself horrendous, but that is for
another day).  My transactions include  several Short Sell and Option
Sell transactions.  For some (many but not all) of these transactions,
the Cash Account register shows the amount being deducted from the
balance () instead of being added to the balance (Deposit column).
That is, the amount shows up in the Payment column rather than the
Deposit column.

I spent several hours to re-enter the transactions and made sure the
Cash Account register is showing everything properly.  But, when I open
the freaking file again a few days later, all the corrections I made
are gone and these Sell transactions once again have the amounts in the
Payment column.

I have hundreds of transactions and feeling quite helpless.  I opened a
ticket with Microsoft but they are stringing me along into stupid stuff
like import, export, reenter transactions, etc. instead of solving the
problem.  I cannot afford to reenter hundreds maybe thousands of
transactions.  Please help with any any ideas you may have.

tinky

0
dvchetta (4)
12/11/2005 4:27:21 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

How to query for Parent Records with no matching Child Record?
2 tables...tblParent and tblChild... ALL tblChild records have one related record in tblParent with DDD in fldTitle SOME tblChild records have _another_ related record in tblParent with CCC in fldTitle (So some tblParent records have ONE related tblChild record and some have TWO.) I want to find the tblParent records that have NO tblChild record with CCC in fldTitle (so these will be the tblParent records with only ONE related record... the one with DDD in fldTitle) I have both tables in the query grid with... tblParent.fldName and tblChild.fldTitle pulled down to the query grid Crite...

upgraded to office pro can't open outlook
I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again. That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get: Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file system folder instead? I click no it all goes awa...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

Opened program minimizes itself to taskbar
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium Edition Problem: A program written for Windows XP when started immediately minimizes itself to the taskbar and I can't get it off the taskbar. I have used different compatability modes without success. If I choose to open in a maximized window, it opens fully for a fraction of a second and then immediately mimimizes itself to the taskbar. The only workaround solution found is to right click the shortcut icon, choose Troubleshoot Compatability, have the system search for a solution, and choosing the defaults and starting ...

Switchboard is always covering other windows that open
I've created a switchboard. It constantly remains on top. Any other report, table, etc opens behind it. I've never had this happen with a switchboard before. Any ideas how to fix this? I've checked properties & such ... haven't had any luck. On the Other tab in Properties, set Pop Up to No. -- HTH CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! "SCS" <SCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8290F332-B29E-4C9D-8CA8-15D8F7568179@microsoft.com... &...

next record please
I created a form with 1 entryfield and a pushbutton I enter a full name or part of a name in this entryfield When I click the pushbutton a form is opened and following code runs Private Sub Form_Load() Dim f As Form Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb() Dim tb As Recordset Dim sql As String Set f = Forms![leerkrachten] sql = "SELECT leerkrachten.* FROM leerkrachten WHERE leerkrachten.NAAM= '" & Replace(Forms!Selectie!Naam_lk, "'", "''") & "' ;" Set tb = db.OpenRecordset(s...

P.C.s cant open mac office documents
Hi What setting do I need to change to allow P.C. users to open mac office word documents I send to them? At the moment they can't open them <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, > What setting do I need to change to allow P.C. users to open mac office > word documents I send to them? At the moment they can't open them Try adding the .doc extension if the documents don;t already have it. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ MVPs...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

Any shortcut to prevent macro running when opening file?
Hi, I'm using XL2002 on Windows 2000 at work. I made a boo boo when saving a file with a macro. I couldn't open the file after that. I saw a macro error just as I was saving the file, but it was too late to stop. If I opened the file again, it wouldn't open and XL would stop respoding. I emailed the file home where, using XL2000 I was able to open the file by not allowing macros to run, and then fixing the macro problem. My work XL2002 was set up not to display the macro warning, so I couldn't open it without macros. Well maybe I could've just opened XL2002 and found how t...

Open Proxy vs. Open Relay, any diffenrence?
Hi, all Recently, I found my exchange server (2003) is on some blacklist, saying open proxy is detected. I re-checked my server that open relay is blocked. Is open relay the same as open proxy? if not, how do I troiuble shoot open relay?? Thanks "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently, I found my exchange server (2003) is on some blacklist, saying >open proxy is detected. > >I re-checked my server that open relay is blocked. > >Is open relay the same as open proxy? No, it's not. An open SMTP relay is a SMTP configuration proble...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

Windows Mail not opening
I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even though I now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail (which will not open). Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes now attempt to open Windows Live Mail? Thank you, Snakedoctor Try repairing the WinMail database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ You can also go to...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

cannot open attachments #3
there is yellow! on attachments that I cannot open. There is a configuration to make attachments accessible. Does it require Administrative priviledges? Help please. -- alan ...

Cannot Open Publisher 2002 file because of file access priviledges
Everytime I try to open a Publisher 2002 file I created last week, a dialog window with the following error messages appears: "The file C:\ ...\filename.pub cannot be opened. Access privileges have not been given." I don't recall setting any access privileges to this file. Any ideas on how to open it? -- Kathy ...

Inventory Transaction
Does any one have some code samples of Dexterity or other dev language of inventory transaction, I can't figure what is the order of functions from the SDK to post a single transaction with 1 or more items. does it recomended in dexterity to define all the routine as transaction? My other option is to do all of that through some SQL queries in MTS to secure the transaction. Do you know of any way to do it from visual studio through the SDK there ? I'll appreciate to have your comments. Eyal. ...

inbox repair tool- can not open microsoft outlook 2007
when i try to open microsoft outlook 2007, i get a : " cannot start microsoft office outlook, cannot open the outlook window, the set of folders cannot be opened,. errors have been detected in the file c:/users/korinasoffice/appdata/local/microsoft/office/outlook.pst" use the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. how do i fix this???? You use the tool scanpst.exe to fix the data file. You can do a search, make sure you enable the search to go through hidden files and folders. When scanpst.exe is found, double-click it. Follow ...

Excel 2002 program opens but not the excel file being opened
( using Win XP Pro and Excel 2002 ) -a user double clicks on the excel file in Windows explorer and excel program opens up but not the file -if you click in Excel on Window, New window, the file appears in Window 2 and if you go back to Window 1 the file now appears -any help to fix this? thx Steve Try Tools / Options / General / Uncheck 'Ignore Other Applications' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It'...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

transaction is missing
Hi, We have requested 401 data upload from a store, after HQ/Store sync, we found that in HQ 3 records of sales transaction from store are missing. We try to send 401 worksheet again and back date, but the data still not send to HQ. How to send these transactions to HQ. We also found out that we are able to see one journal of these 3 transactions in HQ, it s very strange. Please suggest why it not send and how to send all these transaction to HQ? Is there any flag to set? -- Jeed ...

What Am I Doing Wrong?
The application I'm modifying is a fairly standard example of an MFC MDI app. There are several CToolBars created in MainFrm.cpp. The code to respond to the buttons on these toolbars is in the View.cpp file. One of these toolbars I modified to contain a slider. I derived a new class, CViewToolBar, from CToolBar and modified it to have a slider. I'm having problems with two major things: the correct way to include the new class information so that MainFrm knows about it to create the new toolbar, and how to get the view to respond to WM_HSCROLL messages from the slider. I had ...

Opening Word Attachment
Weird problem here...All office programs seem to function well just have some minor issues opening files. Example: In Outlook, trying to open a Word attachment, if I open the message and then try to open the attachment from there, it says "cannot find the file specified", but if I have word open already, then do the same exact thing, it opens. I have this problem also with Explorer. I can browse my hard drive and network and find anything, but cannot open it directly from Explorer. I have to open the application that I am using and then open the file through the Open Fi...