wrong calculations in money 2004

how much is 5000 (shares) x 13 (dollars per share)?
money 2004 says it is 650. it should be 65000.

i tried deleting and entering the portfolio entry 3 times
but got the same wrong result, it wants to charge most of
it to commision which it isnt and i didnt enter it as
such. no typing errors either.

i tried rebooting the program and the pc. nope!
0
anonymous (74722)
1/8/2004 11:26:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

You entered 13 cents instead of dollars.

Norm

> how much is 5000 (shares) x 13 (dollars per share)?
> money 2004 says it is 650. it should be 65000.
>
> i tried deleting and entering the portfolio entry 3 times
> but got the same wrong result, it wants to charge most of
> it to commision which it isnt and i didnt enter it as
> such. no typing errors either.
>
> i tried rebooting the program and the pc. nope!

0
nsepp (9)
1/8/2004 11:47:01 PM
Either that or he created a bond investment and does not understand how
Money prices these.

In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how much is 5000 (shares) x 13 (dollars per share)?
>money 2004 says it is 650. it should be 65000.

You set up the security as a bond when you should have set it up as
a stock or mutual fund. Note that a bond fund is a mutual fund.
Define a different security of the correct type and change your Buy
to that security.

Bonds are priced as a percent of par/face. You told Money you bought
$5000 face value in bonds priced at 13%.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2005 & Ameritrade fix
If you're still encountering the "invalid ORG value" error message when attempting to connect to Ameritrade using Money 2005, try the following: Go to Manage Online Services, and click the name for your "Ameritrade" account. Under "View Contact Information" click the link for your "Ameritrade" account. Click the link to "Update advanced web settings". Hold down Ctrl+Shift and while those keys are depressed, click "Restore Defaults". Click OK, then Done to return to the Bank Place. There is a link saying you have new services...

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

Anyone using US Bank or Bank One & MS Money?
I want to get full-blown, two-way OCX, "work directly with my accounts" MS Money support from a bank. According to the MS Money website, both US Bank and Bank One provide this two-way level of support. According to both bank's websites, they do not -- they only let you download & import your data into Money. The online service reps for both banks can't seem to understand my question or give me a straight answer. So I'm hoping actual Money users here may have some experience with both banks & can tell me. Thanks! Not of much help since I deleted my Bank One...

Money version in Italy
Anybody knows if MS plans new versions of Money localized for Italian market? We stopped at Money 2000!! Thanks Gax No, international inglese versione in (I have done study of Italian at high school) "gax700" <gax700@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1#14NXZDHA.2024@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Anybody knows if MS plans new versions of Money localized for Italian > market? We stopped at Money 2000!! > > Thanks > Gax > > > ...

calculated fields in outlook 2003 email
Hi I am trying to make a automated email for holiday bookings at our property. Is there a way of calculating dates and using outlook custom fields within the email. I can not find it if there is. thanks Tim A regular email message can't do calculations and custom fields. An = Outlook custom form can, but it would not be an appropriate solution = except inside an organization, and it's not clear that's the scenario = you're working with. (For starters, only people using Outlook can = see/use Outlook custom forms.)=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configurin...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Tries MS Money 2004 Trial.
I downloaded and tried Money 2004 from the Microsoft site. It was an upgrade from MS Money 2002. I installed it beside my MS Money 2002. I converted the file, and it said it created a backup file with ".Mnn" where nn is a version number. It said that if I went back to money 2002 I would need to open this backup file. After testing it a little, I did a system restore to a checkpoint of a week ago (still trying to fix another problem with MS Money 2002). Now when I run MS Money 2002 and I open that backup file, it asks me for a password. The original file was not passwo...

Money 2000 Standard
I get this error when trying to access any accounts. What gives? In microsoft.public.money, Al wrote: >I get this error when trying to access any accounts. What >gives? What is the actual error message? >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Al wrote: > >>I get this error when trying to access any accounts. What >>gives? > >What is the actual error message? > > >Thanks for your reply. The message reads: "Not enough memory is available. If you have several applications open at the same time, you might need to clos...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

Calculating Fields and Manual Input
Hello, Is it possible to have a field that is both calculated or manually inputted?. For example, if field 1 and field 2 has data then calculate field 3. Can we also have the user simply enter the total amount into 3. What I have noticed is if I enter an amount directly into field 3 and field 1 and 2 do not have data the value goes back to 0 (which makes sense) but wondering if there is a way around this. Thanks! On Jul 1, 6:06 am, MDV1457 <MDV1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > Is it possible to have a field that is both calculated or manually > inputted...

Money 2005 still in Beta?
I am wondering if Money 2005 is out of beta? I bought it to upgrade from 2004. Custom invoice did not move along... it's gone from the list. Money won't save new custom template... Money Express start up key in the registry is not removed... Did I buy a beta software? WTF did the beta tester do? These are not obscure bugs... No it is now RTM (production). Should be in stores as of today, I think.... "Frogy_97" <frogy_97@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23izMb0AoEHA.2840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am wondering if Money 2005 is out of beta? > > I b...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

Money 2000 #13
My hard drive crash, but before it happened I saved all my files. I had Money 2000 on a floppy disc. I an not able to retore my information. I try and open the file, the program states that it needs to restore, and when it trys to open the the file, I receive an error message that it the file is read only. I have changed the attributes, but still it will not open with my information. What do I need to do to restore my money information?? You cannot directly "open up" Money backup files. You need to have a working Money file (*mny) running on your hard drive and then im...

Recurring split bills download wrong!
Money 2004: I have recurring bills with estimated amounts and splits. When I change the amount/splits and submit for payment, the check is being handled just fine through MSN Bill Pay. When I download the consummated transaction from Wells Fargo, however, Money is pulling in my ESTIMATED splits instead of my ACTUAL splits for that payment. Hence the splits never match the actual payment amount, and I get a warning. What a pain. This problem started when I switched from Wells Fargo bill pay to MSN. As I see it, though, it's Money's job to keep track of the splits internally, t...

Does Money work with a PDA?
PocketPC - yes. Palm - you'll need something like Ultrasoft Money -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Scott" <team_sabi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:072601c38d19$f755ccc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Worksheet calculations
Is there a way of keeping Microsoft Calculator on the worksheet, so that one can type in the long result of a complicated calculation onto a space in the worksheet? Currently as soon as I attempt to type the result in the Microsoft Calculator migrates to the Taskbar. Hi, I'm not aware of an 'Always on top' setting for this but your could tile them. Another thing to consider is why don't you do your calculations in Excel directly which can do everything the calculator can and a lot more besides. Mike "Zygy" wrote: > Is there a way of keeping Microsoft C...

upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2003
I successfully install Money 2003, but when I try and open my existing Money 99 .mny file the program hangs and eventually gives me an error message as follows: Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. What is wrong? Thanks, Chuck Can you create a new Money file or open any other Money files? If so, (and I suspect this to be the case), your file probably has some corruption. Try using the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 Since you just upgraded, you have several options, includi...

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

What Am I Doing Wrong?
The application I'm modifying is a fairly standard example of an MFC MDI app. There are several CToolBars created in MainFrm.cpp. The code to respond to the buttons on these toolbars is in the View.cpp file. One of these toolbars I modified to contain a slider. I derived a new class, CViewToolBar, from CToolBar and modified it to have a slider. I'm having problems with two major things: the correct way to include the new class information so that MainFrm knows about it to create the new toolbar, and how to get the view to respond to WM_HSCROLL messages from the slider. I had ...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Calculated field in Pivot Table #5
I am having problems with a calculated field in a pivot table. I believe the challenge is the in the way pivot tables summarizes then multiplies. For example 10/1/05 task 1 = 2.00 hours 10/1/05 task 2 = 3.00 hours 10/3/05t task 3 = .50 rate 50.00/hour thus, as it is occuring now (2.00+3.00+.50=5.5 * 50.00) * 3 Instead what i am looking for in the above example is 5.5 hours *50.00/hr. Any idea, how i can accomplish this? thanks Jerry ...

Pivot table and variance calculation
Hi there Hope someone can help me as this is bugging me for a long time and nobody in the office could help me!! Basically I have a data table which i used for pivot, i have actual, budget and % variance of actual vs budget. In the pivot table, everything is ok accept the sub variance, instead of giving a variance, in sum up all the variance and give me a total: Cost Centre Manager Actual Plan Sum of Variance £ Sum of Variance % Martin Middleton 0 0 0 0% Martin Middleton 45 33 (13) -39% Martin Middleton 27 27 0 1% John Hollis 6 6 7 1 11% David...

Contact data is in wrong field
Hi all - I need some help with a complicated problem. I am working on a PST file that was recovered from some old data. Unfortunately, the recovery put contact data in the wrong places. Here are a few examples: 1. Contact street address and city shows up in the "Follup up flag" field 2. Contact "Email display as" contains the display as information with the email address, but the email address field is empty 3. Many duplicates of data with slightly different information (Same contact might have 3 copies, one with a missing telephone number, another with a missing emai...