Windows Live Password Problems with Archive Files

I am able to login to my current Microsoft Money file using my current
Windows Live ID and password.

However, I need to look up something in a Money archive file. When I try to
open the archive file and sign in, I get an error that my email or password
is incorrect. Resetting my Windows Live password did not help - I continue to
get the error message.

Any ideas for what's going on here? I use Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe,
Windows XP.

0
Anita (41)
5/6/2008 10:04:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Very tough to say. Do you know what version of Money you were using when you
created the archive file?

For many reasons--some JUST LIKE THIS--I recommend users do NOT use the
Archiving feature unless you really really NEVER want to see the "archived"
data again. Even then I do no recommend it. Too many things can go wrong.
And the benefit to having archived is approximately zero. And the Archive
isn't what most people think it is. And so on.

"Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am able to login to my current Microsoft Money file using my current
> Windows Live ID and password.
>
> However, I need to look up something in a Money archive file. When I try
> open the archive file and sign in, I get an error that my email or
> password
> is incorrect. Resetting my Windows Live password did not help - I continue
> get the error message.
>
> Any ideas for what's going on here? I use Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe,
> Windows XP.

The archive was probably created in MSMoney 2003 - I'm not really sure when I
made the switch to Microsoft Money Plus.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Very tough to say. Do you know what version of Money you were using when you
> created the archive file?
>
> For many reasons--some JUST LIKE THIS--I recommend users do NOT use the
> Archiving feature unless you really really NEVER want to see the "archived"
> data again. Even then I do no recommend it. Too many things can go wrong.
> And the benefit to having archived is approximately zero. And the Archive
> isn't what most people think it is. And so on.
>
> "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am able to login to my current Microsoft Money file using my current
> > Windows Live ID and password.
> >
> > However, I need to look up something in a Money archive file. When I try
> > open the archive file and sign in, I get an error that my email or
> > password
> > is incorrect. Resetting my Windows Live password did not help - I continue
> > get the error message.
> >
> > Any ideas for what's going on here? I use Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe,
> > Windows XP.

0
Anita (41)
5/7/2008 5:41:01 AM
Back when you made your archive were you using the same Live ID or back then
passport account? And if so have you changed your password since the
archive?. The Archive file may be looking for a different Passport or
possibly a different password.

On 5/7/08 2:41 AM, in article
878DBC61-12AA-422A-AEFA-09C6E8F92601@microsoft.com, "Anita"
<Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> The archive was probably created in MSMoney 2003 - I'm not really sure when I
> made the switch to Microsoft Money Plus.
>
> "Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> Very tough to say. Do you know what version of Money you were using when you
>> created the archive file?
>>
>> For many reasons--some JUST LIKE THIS--I recommend users do NOT use the
>> Archiving feature unless you really really NEVER want to see the "archived"
>> data again. Even then I do no recommend it. Too many things can go wrong.
>> And the benefit to having archived is approximately zero. And the Archive
>> isn't what most people think it is. And so on.
>>
>> "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I am able to login to my current Microsoft Money file using my current
>>> Windows Live ID and password.
>>>
>>> However, I need to look up something in a Money archive file. When I try
>>> open the archive file and sign in, I get an error that my email or
>>> password
>>> is incorrect. Resetting my Windows Live password did not help - I continue
>>> get the error message.
>>>
>>> Any ideas for what's going on here? I use Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe,
>>> Windows XP.

0
v-8jollo (11)
5/7/2008 2:10:25 PM
Since Hotmail/Windows Live prompts me to change my password every few months,
I'm certain my password was different then ... and I have absolutely NO IDEA
what it could be. (I thought the whole point of the Windows Live/passport
login was that MSMoney would always use your most current password???)

"Andy" wrote:

> Back when you made your archive were you using the same Live ID or back then
> passport account? And if so have you changed your password since the
> archive?. The Archive file may be looking for a different Passport or
> possibly a different password.
>

> On 5/7/08 2:41 AM, in article
> 878DBC61-12AA-422A-AEFA-09C6E8F92601@microsoft.com, "Anita"
> <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > The archive was probably created in MSMoney 2003 - I'm not really sure when I
> > made the switch to Microsoft Money Plus.
> >
> > "Dick Watson" wrote:
> >
> >> Very tough to say. Do you know what version of Money you were using when you
> >> created the archive file?
> >>
> >> For many reasons--some JUST LIKE THIS--I recommend users do NOT use the
> >> Archiving feature unless you really really NEVER want to see the "archived"
> >> data again. Even then I do no recommend it. Too many things can go wrong.
> >> And the benefit to having archived is approximately zero. And the Archive
> >> isn't what most people think it is. And so on.
> >>
> >> "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Anita (41)
5/7/2008 4:45:34 PM
On May 7, 1:45=A0pm, Anita <An...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Since Hotmail/Windows Live prompts me to change my password every few mont=
hs,
> I'm certain my password was different then ... and I have absolutely NO ID=
EA
> what it could be. (I thought the whole point of the Windows Live/passport
> login was that MSMoney would always use your most current password???)
>
> "Andy" wrote:
> > Back when you made your archive were you using the same Live ID or back =
then
> > passport account? And if so have you changed your password since the
> > archive?. The Archive file may be looking for a different Passport or
> > possibly a different password.
>
> > On 5/7/08 2:41 AM, in article
> > 878DBC61-12AA-422A-AEFA-09C6E8F92...@microsoft.com, "Anita"
> > <An...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > > The archive was probably created in MSMoney 2003 - I'm not really sure=
 when I
> > > made the switch to Microsoft Money Plus.

Yes Live id should work this way. But this archive file was created
back when Live ID was Passport. Also this archive file was created in
a version 5 years older than Plus. As you seen when you installed
Money plus it needed to convert your money file from the previous
version and this would be the case with the archive file also. I have
one question when you open the archive file what happens does it try
to convert? When you have the log in screen is the password remembered
if it is can you choose the work offline option if it is there? You my
need to try to open this file in an earlier version of money rather
than Money Plus. There is an article that you can download a trial of
2004 and you could try opening the archive here. I will try to locate
the article and post it for you.
On May 7, 2:08=A0pm, Andy <andylloy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 1:45=A0pm, Anita <An...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > Since Hotmail/Windows Live prompts me to change my password every few mo=
nths,
> > I'm certain my password was different then ... and I have absolutely NO =
IDEA
> > what it could be. (I thought the whole point of the Windows Live/passpor=
> > login was that MSMoney would always use your most current password???)
>
> > "Andy" wrote:
> > > Back when you made your archive were you using the same Live ID or bac=
k then
> > > passport account? And if so have you changed your password since the
> > > archive?. The Archive file may be looking for a different Passport or
> > > possibly a different password.
>
> > > On 5/7/08 2:41 AM, in article
> > > 878DBC61-12AA-422A-AEFA-09C6E8F92...@microsoft.com, "Anita"

 I try

> Yes Live id should work this way. But this archive file was created
> back when Live ID was Passport. Also this archive file was created in
> a version 5 years older than Plus. As you seen when you installed
> Money plus it needed to convert your money file from the previous
> version and this would be the case with the archive file also. I have
> one question when you open the archive file what happens does it try
> to convert? When you have the log in screen is the password remembered
> if it is can you choose the work offline option if it is there? You my
> need to try to open this file in an earlier version of money rather
> than Money Plus. There is an article that you can download a trial of
> 2004 and you could try opening the archive here. I will try to locate
> the article and post it for you.

Here is the 2004 link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/B/7/DB72D4E0-FBD1-4B76-BFA0-1FF20F6=
AEC8D/M12USWEB.exe
On May 7, 2:23=A0pm, Andy <andylloy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 2:08=A0pm, Andy <andylloy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 7, 1:45=A0pm, Anita <An...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > > Since Hotmail/Windows Live prompts me to change my password every few =
months,
> > > I'm certain my password was different then ... and I have absolutely N=
O IDEA
> > > what it could be. (I thought the whole point of the Windows Live/passp=
ort
> > > login was that MSMoney would always use your most current password???)=

 Archive

I continue

> > Yes Live id should work this way. But this archive file was created
> > back when Live ID was Passport. Also this archive file was created in
> > a version 5 years older than Plus. As you seen when you installed
> > Money plus it needed to convert your money file from the previous
> > version and this would be the case with the archive file also. I have
> > one question when you open the archive file what happens does it try
> > to convert? When you have the log in screen is the password remembered
> > if it is can you choose the work offline option if it is there? You my
> > need to try to open this file in an earlier version of money rather
> > than Money Plus. There is an article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913=
108/en-us you can download a trial of
> > 2004 and you could try opening the archive here. I will try to locate
> > the article and post it for you.
>
> Here is the 2004 link

Also here is the article which I located the link.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us
Andy, thanks for all your help. I tried uninstalling Money Plus Deluxe and
installing Money 2004. That did not solve the problem. When I tried to open
my files in Money 2004, the password still didn't work and I couldn't access
them.

HOWEVER, in reinstalling Money Plus Deluxe, my problem magically
disappeared. I am now able to open all of my archive files using my Windows
Live password.

So, if anyone else experiences this, I would simply recommend uninstalling
and then reinstalling Money Plus Deluxe.

"Andy" wrote:

> On May 7, 2:23 pm, Andy <andylloy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Yes Live id should work this way. But this archive file was created
> > > back when Live ID was Passport. Also this archive file was created in
> > > a version 5 years older than Plus. As you seen when you installed
> > > Money plus it needed to convert your money file from the previous
> > > version and this would be the case with the archive file also. I have
> > > one question when you open the archive file what happens does it try
> > > to convert? When you have the log in screen is the password remembered
> > > if it is can you choose the work offline option if it is there? You my
> > > need to try to open this file in an earlier version of money rather
> > > than Money Plus. There is an article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us you can download a trial of
> > > 2004 and you could try opening the archive here. I will try to locate
> > > the article and post it for you.
> >
> > Here is the 2004 link
>
> Also here is the article which I located the link.

Anita (41)

email problems
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 In your browser go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to that account. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail again. Gary ...

A problem difficulty for me but easy for you!
the problem is the fllowing: 1.Either a database or a table of it has so many records that it is wasting time if we try to operate it in total any time . 2.I want to show some records page by page in the web page.At the same time,maybe I have to sometimes list them order by some fields . 3.To do what 2 shows as quickly as possible,because users don't wait with patience.how can I do? thanks "jifenghu" <jifenghu@mail.ustc.edu.cn> wrote in message news:e0TlxiY5EHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > the problem is the fllowing: > 1.Either a database or a table of it has s...

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

Count function problem
I have a formula in a cell which reads: "=IF(COUNT(D13:G13)>=2,J13+MAX(H13,$B$43),0)" When I created this workbook template, the cells from D13 to G13 were blank until I filled them in, and this formula worked fine. However, I've made a change to the workbook. Now I've made D13 through G13 equal to the values in a range of cells from other sheets in the workbook (for e.g. D13 is "=Sheet1!D13". The above formula is now generating the number from B43 by default, even though the cells from D13 to G13 are blank. The "COUNT" help in Excel says: "...

reinstalling windows

Converting Pulisher 98 files to work with Publisher 97
Can anyone help me with this. I did some work from home with Publisher 2003 and saved as Publisher 98. I thought that's what we had at work, but just found out we have Publisher 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, June Send me the file, I will convert it for you. It will lose formatting somewhat. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "June G." <JuneG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A2C930C-A716-4C3A-A171-365E113E002B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me...

Windows live mail

Problems with creating a budget in 2003
I have set up my annual Bills and Deposits on the MANAGE SCHEDULED BILLS AND DEPOSITS screen. Now, when I go to create a budget Money automaticlly recoginizes the bills and deposits that I have set and puts them into my budget along with a dollar amount which is great. However, once I am done creating the rest of my budget and Money shows me the overview of what I spent compared to what I budgeted, it shows that I had NO money budgeted for the bills that were automaticlly transferred in from the SCHEDULED BILLS AND DEPOSITS screen even though when I was designing the budget it had ...

Windows Vista

Alternate recipient problem
We have a user with an Exchange mailbox that has an Alternate recipient set with copy retaining by mailbox. Problem is this - we are intermittantly getting emails that hit the exchange mailbox that DO NOT get forwarded on to the Alternate recipient. We know this is the case as we have checked the Alternate recipient's log as well as our outgoing SMTP server's log. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix? Exchange 5.5 sp3 running on NT4 Server. ...

Combo box problem
I have a combo box in a spread sheet I built about 5 years ago, now I need to add some information to the box. I almost sure it's a form box but I could be wrong. I can't seem to find anyway to add the new information, the box get the info from a range If I just add the info in the middle of the range it will show up but it bumps the last item off the list. I've tried right clicking on the cell I've opened the control toolbar the form toolbar nothing seems to work, I can't even recreate the same look for a new box, this combo box seems to be embedded in a cell. not float...

open windows

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook password
We have a setup of Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 and OWA as clients supported .Need to know if there is a way of tracking when a user has changed his Outlook 2003 password. On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:50:01 -0700, "gwmon" <gwmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a setup of Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 and OWA as clients >supported .Need to know if there is a way of tracking when a user has changed >his Outlook 2003 password. There isn't an Outlook password. It's your Active Directory password. Try the AD groups for auditing. ...

Problem with AG
I'm having an issue with the AG in an Ex2k3 org setup. Unfortunately, I'm not the enterprise admin but instead a domain admin in a child domain of the forest. I'm setup as the Domain Admin and Exchange Admin in the child domain of an AD forest. I'm not an enterprise admin for the AD forest or the Exchange org. The Exchange org has mutliple AGs corresponding to the each of the many child domains. The issue I'm having pertains solely to the AG that I am setup with Exchange Admins rights to. I have been delegated the control of this AG but only "Exchange Admini...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Opening Files*
When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find it etc. How do I set up so files automatically open in the program they were saved on? Thank If you save all your excel files in a particular folder you set the default through Tools > Options then under the general tab. Type the path to the folder that you wish and when you select open excel will open tht folder. Is this what you meant? regards Murray >-----Original Message----- >When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find i...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

unbound subform updating problem
I have a form with an unbound subform. In the subform, I would like to display all the records from a particular table, sorted on a particular field. So far, quite a simple matter. The issue becomes a little more complicated, however, because the table in question gets altered, based on user input on the main form (the form containing the unbound subform). Not only do the records in the table change, but the table may have columns added to it or deleted from it, and I would like those changes to be reflected in the subform. I can get the updated records to show up in the subform, but when...