Will Money work with other currencies?

I'm currently in the US and would like to purchase Money for use here, as
well as in Southern Africa (mainly South Africa and Zimbabwe). Will it be
able to configure with the currencies there and work properly? I have a small
business involved in trade with multiple currencies and intend to use money
to help me manage my finances.
0
Biazo (4)
3/8/2005 3:51:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Money allows each account to be associated with a specific currency and it
allows transfers from an account in one currency to an account in another
currency to be assigned a conversion.

That having been said, Money does not make dealing with multiple currencies
easy. Your best bet is to evaluate it for your use. There is a time-limited
download available for evaluation at http://www.microsoft.com/money.

That having been said, I cannot recommend the current version to much of
anybody for much of anything. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm for why.
YMMV. Others post here that they like it.

"Biazo" <Biazo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently in the US and would like to purchase Money for use here, as
> well as in Southern Africa (mainly South Africa and Zimbabwe). Will it be
> able to configure with the currencies there and work properly? I have a
> small
> business involved in trade with multiple currencies and intend to use
> money
> to help me manage my finances.

Thanks for the info Dick. I'll try the download version and see how it works.
What would you recommend in place of Money?

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Money allows each account to be associated with a specific currency and it
> allows transfers from an account in one currency to an account in another
> currency to be assigned a conversion.
>
> That having been said, Money does not make dealing with multiple currencies
> easy. Your best bet is to evaluate it for your use. There is a time-limited
> download available for evaluation at http://www.microsoft.com/money.
>
> That having been said, I cannot recommend the current version to much of
> anybody for much of anything. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm for why.
> YMMV. Others post here that they like it.
>
> "Biazo" <Biazo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm currently in the US and would like to purchase Money for use here, as
> > well as in Southern Africa (mainly South Africa and Zimbabwe). Will it be
> > able to configure with the currencies there and work properly? I have a
> > small
> > business involved in trade with multiple currencies and intend to use
> > money
> > to help me manage my finances.

0
Biazo (4)
3/13/2005 10:21:02 PM
That's a harder question. I'd recommend M04, just not M05. Going forward, I
have real concerns about this. Maybe I'll be using M04 for a long time?
Maybe I'll end up writing a purpose-built Access app? Maybe Quicken?

> Thanks for the info Dick. I'll try the download version and see how it
> works.
> What would you recommend in place of Money?

I was looking at the Quicken site yesterday - is Quicken any good? I'm now
thinking that it may be better to try that out instead, given the problems
that others are experiencing with M05.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> That's a harder question. I'd recommend M04, just not M05. Going forward, I
> have real concerns about this. Maybe I'll be using M04 for a long time?
> Maybe I'll end up writing a purpose-built Access app? Maybe Quicken?
>
> "Biazo" <Biazo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the info Dick. I'll try the download version and see how it
> > works.
> > What would you recommend in place of Money?

0
Biazo (4)
3/14/2005 11:51:10 AM
I haven't used Q for anything more than minutes using copies that came
bundled on new machines in over a decade. Many users come here preferring
the Money UI and organization. Many of the things I don't like about M05
(e.g., the whole push to convert it to an ad delivery engine) started with
Q.

That having been said, many disgruntled M05 users have reported here that
they are leaving M for Q. You might ask about their experience with Q here
or at news:alt.comp.software.financial.quicken. With 75% (or something like
that) of the market, it can't be terrible.

>I was looking at the Quicken site yesterday - is Quicken any good? I'm now
> thinking that it may be better to try that out instead, given the problems
> that others are experiencing with M05.

It may also be worth noting that Quicken have said that they are withdrawing
from the European market. One wonders why? Is the cost of localising too
high?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

message news:OsxdVnJKFHA.2704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I haven't used Q for anything more than minutes using copies that came
>bundled on new machines in over a decade. Many users come here preferring
>the Money UI and organization. Many of the things I don't like about M05
>(e.g., the whole push to convert it to an ad delivery engine) started with
>Q.
>
> That having been said, many disgruntled M05 users have reported here that
> they are leaving M for Q. You might ask about their experience with Q here
> or at news:alt.comp.software.financial.quicken. With 75% (or something
> like that) of the market, it can't be terrible.
>
> "Biazo" <Biazo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I was looking at the Quicken site yesterday - is Quicken any good? I'm now
>> thinking that it may be better to try that out instead, given the
>> problems
>> that others are experiencing with M05.

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
3/14/2005 1:44:32 PM
I wonder if any of the EU privacy initiatives get in the way of their
business model?

"Bob Peel MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> It may also be worth noting that Quicken have said that they are
withdrawing
> from the European market. One wonders why? Is the cost of localising too
> high?

Could be but there's nothing particularly new about the EU privacy stuff. I
remember back in '92 or so we had something called the Data Protection Act
which is what the latest laws are based on.

As usual the Brits will adhere to the absolute letter of the law and the
French will enact the legislation to get the "tick in the box" and then go
ahead and completely ignore it! ;-)

--

message news:eD4Qe9KKFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I wonder if any of the EU privacy initiatives get in the way of their
> business model?
>
> "Bob Peel MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> It may also be worth noting that Quicken have said that they are
> withdrawing
>> from the European market. One wonders why? Is the cost of localising too
>> high?

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
3/14/2005 4:55:20 PM
Maybe the business model has changed more since '92 than the regulatory
environment?

I'm not sure it had occurred to them in '92 that they could use this
environment and all of the data we crank in to sell and deliver ads
precisely targeted to narrow niches like males between 29 and 34 who get
paid on Thursdays, regularly spend money at the pub on Fridays, own Hondas,
don't have kids, and vacation every August. (This kind of targeting is a
straightforward problem with access to a full set of someone's Money data.)
I think they've figured out this angle by now.

In '92 they probably still thought that they could get every computer owner
in the world paying $70 or $80 a year for a simple software package that did
personal financial management.

> Could be but there's nothing particularly new about the EU privacy stuff.
> remember back in '92 or so we had something called the Data Protection Act
> which is what the latest laws are based on.
>
> As usual the Brits will adhere to the absolute letter of the law and the
> French will enact the legislation to get the "tick in the box" and then go
> ahead and completely ignore it! ;-)

Hi guys,

I'm going to download a copy of M05 and try it out - that can't hurt too
much. I've looked at some Quicken reviews and it appears they too have some
problems with it! I guess the main thing for me will be ease of use and
somehow making sure that i can integrate the currencies that I want to use.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Maybe the business model has changed more since '92 than the regulatory
> environment?
>
> I'm not sure it had occurred to them in '92 that they could use this
> environment and all of the data we crank in to sell and deliver ads
> precisely targeted to narrow niches like males between 29 and 34 who get
> paid on Thursdays, regularly spend money at the pub on Fridays, own Hondas,
> don't have kids, and vacation every August. (This kind of targeting is a
> straightforward problem with access to a full set of someone's Money data.)
> I think they've figured out this angle by now.
>
> In '92 they probably still thought that they could get every computer owner
> in the world paying $70 or $80 a year for a simple software package that did
> personal financial management.
>
> "Bob Peel MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Could be but there's nothing particularly new about the EU privacy stuff.
> > remember back in '92 or so we had something called the Data Protection Act
> > which is what the latest laws are based on.
> >
> > As usual the Brits will adhere to the absolute letter of the law and the
> > French will enact the legislation to get the "tick in the box" and then go
> > ahead and completely ignore it! ;-)

0
Biazo (4)
3/14/2005 8:29:02 PM
No harm in that. Good luck. And post back with questions as you go. Be sure
and let M05 do its Internet Update before spending much time trying to get
anywhere.

> I'm going to download a copy of M05 and try it out - that can't hurt too
> much. I've looked at some Quicken reviews and it appears they too have
some
> problems with it! I guess the main thing for me will be ease of use and
> somehow making sure that i can integrate the currencies that I want to
use.

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

Exporting multiple accounts from Money?
Is it possible to export multiple accounts from Money at once? I don't see how exporting every account, one at a time, each into a QIF is feasible. Accounts depend on one another. When a dependent account is missing, it reeks having on the depending account in the target financial program. In microsoft.public.money, brett wrote: >Is it possible to export multiple accounts from Money at once? No. > >I don't see how exporting every account, one at a time, each into a >QIF is feasible. That you see. It's the subsequent import that you are worried about. > Acco...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

work offline annoyance
Hi all I've just changed isp's from tiscali to talktalk and I've just set up wireless networking to another pc (pc2). When I open oe6 (pc2) a message box comes up saying a connection couldn't be made to the internet with the option "work offline" or "retry" and retry gets me to work online. I do notice though that on the bottom right of oe6 page it states "working online" even before the retry button is pressed! and now to make matters worse it's doing the same on my hardwired (pc1.) Any solutions? WinXP SP3 talktalk's ...

Money 2006 premium downgraded itself to Trial Edition after auto u
Money 2006 premium downgraded itself to Trial Edition after auto update. Long time MS Money user, first time to buy download copy online today fro $80. Installed Money 2006 Premium and then it upgrades itself restart and now it is a trial edition. Unistalled and tried again and get the same results. Can not find anyway to get support for this, and I want someone to send Premium CDs to me so I can install from CD the download version I paid $80 for is not working. Thanks, Earl In microsoft.public.money, earl wrote: >Money 2006 premium downgraded itself to Trial Edition after auto upda...

Query works but report fails
I have a report based off a query that has started to fail. I have a copy of my database from 4-27 where it works and another copy from 4-28 where I've added a lot of functionality for something else completely unrelated to the report that fails. In the newer copy it works a few times but after a while it begins to fail. The query the report is based off of always works and generally takes 5-10 seconds to run. When I run the report, it doesn't pop up (even after many minutes) and when you look at the task manager it is using all of the computer's resources. I'...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

Big bug with CSocket. MSDN samples do not work (CHATTER and CHATSRVR) with VC7.
To make a short story, could you compile and run CHATTER and CHATSRVR with VC7 After that, click on File\Auto Chat -> after a couple of seconds (it’s random), you’ll see that you’ll not receive any message. With VC6, everything was okay In the game that I’m developing (Net Blitz), I’m using my NDK (Network Development Kit) that many peoples use it. You can find my article on http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp. Theses classes encapsulate CSocket with CNDKClient, CNDKServer and CNDKMessage. Many programmers face this problem and someone suggested putting the following call betwee...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

Money 2006 Deluxe and Business Checking FAILS
Very annoying... I have all my personal accounts with Commerce Bank/Commerce Bank NJ, PA, NY & DE. I manage to sync/update these with Money everyday and it works great. I recently opened a business checking account with Commerce as well and since I have a seperate userid/pin for this I have been trying to add this account and set it up for online services from within Money... BUT IT WON'T LET ME. It tells me the sign-in fails. I have done the following: 1. I have double-checked the credentials many times and they are right. I am able to login to the Commerce Bank website using them...

Shortcut key for copy not working
I am using Excel 2000, but can't get the CTRL+C to work to copy cells - the CTRL+V works to paste and CTRL+X for cutting, just the CTRL+C is not working. As far as I know, I haven't changed any settings in it, but any ideas on what I need to check? Thanks in advance! Nevermind, I looked and apparently a macro WAS created for CTRL+C - I changed the keyboard shortcut for it and that fixed it. Sorry! ...

Should I switch to Money 2005?
I've used Quicken on and off for a few years, but have been using the web version of their bill pay service for quite a while now. With their recent upgrade of the bill pay service, I had to also install Quicken 2005. I was less than pleased to find that QIF imports to checking and savings accounts are now disabled. My credit union refuses to pay Intuit's (high, I might mention) fees to use WebConnect. My question: is Money any better? I know my bank supports Money, which is nice. What about on the other issues: is Money's bill pay service decent? Is the software easy...

Duplicate Personal Folder removal instructions not working
I recently imported an Outlook 2003 .pst file from another machine. In the process I was left with two duplicate Personal Folders separate from the imported one I renamed to My Folders. In following the KB article titled "Remove a duplicate Personal Folders file" I attempted to close the Personal Folders only to find that the contents of these is the same as the contents of the one called My Folders. When I view the properties of the two duplicate Personal Folders it says the name is My Folders, despite the fact that the folder list displays them as "Personal Folders&qu...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

URL/Hyperlink not working for recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP in a Windows 2003 Server environment. I administer an application that requires the user to install the program from a .bat file. I send our users an e-mail with a URL to the bat file (e.g. \\server123 \Application\install.bat). The URL cannot launch the bat file and search Locate Link Browser dialog opens instead. The work around is to cut and paste the URL into the Start\Run dialog where it works fine. (I think this implies that the UNC is defined properly.) Also, the hand icon displays properly when the user rolls the mouse over t...

Money 2004 Upgrade Problem
I've been using Money 2003 small business. When I put in Money 2004 Standard it converted my files to 2004. I want the full small business functionality but now cannot open my files in 2003. The error reads: "Money cannot locate '(file name)' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I know the file is not read-only and is not open in another program. I also have the permission to change files on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do? I'm prett...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

BIOS / CMOS not working properly
I have a Gigabyte S-Series GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard. When I go into CMOS settings <DEL> the <Load Fail-Safe Defaults>, <Load Optimized Defaults> and <Set Supervisor/User Password> are greyed. I'm not aware of anything I have done to change this. Can anyone help please? Thanks. Bill R You would need to consult your mobo manual. Are you experiencing any other issues, that caused you to access the bios? "Bill R" <bill@compsols.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%235hdaM%23sKHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a Giga...

Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard
I am battling to get my previous version of Money 2004 Deluxe's backup filed read by a newly installed Money 2005 Standard version. Can anyone please assist - I'd hate to loose a few year's data! I am going through the normal restore from backup file process, it does the conversion and then after all that it says it can't read the money.mny file..... is this due to different versions, i.e. Standard vs Deluxe... Kind regards Pieter See if this helps. http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/23.aspx Also what are the last digits of the version number from Help > About. It shoul...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Money keeps disappearing from my computer
As crazy as this sounds, on Saturday I woke up and went my computer and Money 2005 was gone completely from my computer. No desktop Icon, nothing in the start menu. I went to Program Files, I have directories on my commuter for "Microsoft Money" (2002) "Microsoft Money 2004", "Microsoft Money 2005", and "Microsoft Money 2006". 2006????? I don't even know where that came from. Anyway, there is hardly anything in these directories, except the 2002 version. The others are either totally empty or nearly empty. There was nothing in the rec...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

This one worked.
Or, choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Press the Delete key, to delete any objects that were selected. It was a "word art" object that was somehow stuck and squished in the spreadsheet. How it gets into my old excel files - I do not know. I never even had a text box like this in this spreadsheet. Once the object is light up (thanks to the above procedure) I can stretch it out and delete it. How does this get imbedded like this? Thanks, webermis Since it was squished, maybe it was accidentally copied from another file, and you didn't notice it ...

Form/Subform Will Not Open
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in me...