Will it work ?

Is there a way to run Money Plus on Linux

0
desgnr1678 (19)
9/11/2008 3:22:24 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Speculation: in a VM running Windows?

There's always GnuCash.

"desgnr" wrote:

> Is there a way to run Money Plus on Linux

work offline annoyance
Hi all I've just changed isp's from tiscali to talktalk and I've just set up wireless networking to another pc (pc2). When I open oe6 (pc2) a message box comes up saying a connection couldn't be made to the internet with the option "work offline" or "retry" and retry gets me to work online. I do notice though that on the bottom right of oe6 page it states "working online" even before the retry button is pressed! and now to make matters worse it's doing the same on my hardwired (pc1.) Any solutions? WinXP SP3 talktalk's ...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

signatures not working
I have it set to create the signature on new emails and replies, but they don't show up and I don't see an option to add the signature manually. Using Office 2003. Any ideas? -Max ...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

Query works but report fails
I have a report based off a query that has started to fail. I have a copy of my database from 4-27 where it works and another copy from 4-28 where I've added a lot of functionality for something else completely unrelated to the report that fails. In the newer copy it works a few times but after a while it begins to fail. The query the report is based off of always works and generally takes 5-10 seconds to run. When I run the report, it doesn't pop up (even after many minutes) and when you look at the task manager it is using all of the computer's resources. I'...

Big bug with CSocket. MSDN samples do not work (CHATTER and CHATSRVR) with VC7.
To make a short story, could you compile and run CHATTER and CHATSRVR with VC7 After that, click on File\Auto Chat -> after a couple of seconds (it’s random), you’ll see that you’ll not receive any message. With VC6, everything was okay In the game that I’m developing (Net Blitz), I’m using my NDK (Network Development Kit) that many peoples use it. You can find my article on http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp. Theses classes encapsulate CSocket with CNDKClient, CNDKServer and CNDKMessage. Many programmers face this problem and someone suggested putting the following call betwee...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

Shortcut key for copy not working
I am using Excel 2000, but can't get the CTRL+C to work to copy cells - the CTRL+V works to paste and CTRL+X for cutting, just the CTRL+C is not working. As far as I know, I haven't changed any settings in it, but any ideas on what I need to check? Thanks in advance! Nevermind, I looked and apparently a macro WAS created for CTRL+C - I changed the keyboard shortcut for it and that fixed it. Sorry! ...

cd/dvd not working code 40
ive recently had to do a system recover,ive loaded everything that i wanted back on and everythings fine except my cd drive has decided to start playing up and being stubbon,i put the cd in and it lights up on the small window on the side but doesnt read it,instead it comes back with the message of windows has loaded the drivers but cant find the hardware device code 40,(something like that)ive tried device manager and that gives me a yellow icon next to the drive,ive also tried microsofts mr fixit but that comes back more or less saying the same thing,someone suggested i do some...

Duplicate Personal Folder removal instructions not working
I recently imported an Outlook 2003 .pst file from another machine. In the process I was left with two duplicate Personal Folders separate from the imported one I renamed to My Folders. In following the KB article titled "Remove a duplicate Personal Folders file" I attempted to close the Personal Folders only to find that the contents of these is the same as the contents of the one called My Folders. When I view the properties of the two duplicate Personal Folders it says the name is My Folders, despite the fact that the folder list displays them as "Personal Folders&qu...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

URL/Hyperlink not working for recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP in a Windows 2003 Server environment. I administer an application that requires the user to install the program from a .bat file. I send our users an e-mail with a URL to the bat file (e.g. \\server123 \Application\install.bat). The URL cannot launch the bat file and search Locate Link Browser dialog opens instead. The work around is to cut and paste the URL into the Start\Run dialog where it works fine. (I think this implies that the UNC is defined properly.) Also, the hand icon displays properly when the user rolls the mouse over t...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

BIOS / CMOS not working properly
I have a Gigabyte S-Series GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard. When I go into CMOS settings <DEL> the <Load Fail-Safe Defaults>, <Load Optimized Defaults> and <Set Supervisor/User Password> are greyed. I'm not aware of anything I have done to change this. Can anyone help please? Thanks. Bill R You would need to consult your mobo manual. Are you experiencing any other issues, that caused you to access the bios? "Bill R" <bill@compsols.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%235hdaM%23sKHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a Giga...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

This one worked.
Or, choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Press the Delete key, to delete any objects that were selected. It was a "word art" object that was somehow stuck and squished in the spreadsheet. How it gets into my old excel files - I do not know. I never even had a text box like this in this spreadsheet. Once the object is light up (thanks to the above procedure) I can stretch it out and delete it. How does this get imbedded like this? Thanks, webermis Since it was squished, maybe it was accidentally copied from another file, and you didn't notice it ...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

Spotlight Rebuild button not working
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop how long does this process take? i hit the button and have waited 30min already and it is still not responding. is it supposed to show a status bar or something to let you know it's processing? i need to do this b/c the spotlight function broke after i compacted the database so any entourage searches i did turned up 0 results...wonderful. <br><br>thanks On 2010-05-18 00:48:06 -0400, shape@officeformac.com said: > how long does this process take? i hit the button and have w...

Move Mailbox 55 to 2003 delegate/client permissions not working
Hi Hope someone out there can help. We recently started moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. What we find is that users who remain on the old system and which had permissions to certain folders of a user moved to 2003 can no longer access these resources. Now here is the strange part, on this particular 2003 user, when you remove the permissions on Outlook and recreate them the 55 user can still not access the folder. BUT, if I assign permissions to a completely diff Mbx (previously migrated to 2003) on 2003 then the 55 user can access the resources. We have many users w...

Macro works sporadically
I want everything to be uppercase in the worksheet and have entered this macro: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("B3:W1000")) Is Nothing Then Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(1).Value) End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub It works sporadically. How do I make it work all the time? Thank you. I just tested your code on xl2002 and it worked fine in row 3 or below and columns b:w. BTW I find this works as good Target = UCase(Target) > Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(...

Form/Subform Will Not Open
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in me...

Resources, tasks, dates, remaining work view
I am using Microsoft Project 2007 to schedule multiple projects for a group of 20 people - sharing resources. We are looking at the workload projections for both the groups and individuals, and need to see scheduling conflicts. I would like to be able to view a report of each resource with a list including: resource name, project name, task name, starting date, finish date, and remaining work. I haven't been able to find a way to do this. If you know how, please reply... thanks for your help! -- schedulerkh ------------------------------------------------------------...

Viewing works for sin 95 files
How can I view files I created in Works for Windows 95 in Excel 2003? I remember that I found an add on for Excel XP but don't remember where I found it. <g> Thanks in advance. BoB. Hi if you still have MS Works available try saving the file within MS Works as Excel file. Excel does not have an import filter for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BoB Brazie" <?bbrazie@knowledge1.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u4Rf#2KHEHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I view files I created in Works for Windows 95 in Excel 2003? > > I remember th...