Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?

Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no
longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food
categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I
do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Yes it is.

I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate
subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way"
seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is
still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=163.

"Jim" <razerviper-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food
> no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the
> food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories
> before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The part that really annoys me is when you readd standard categories it
mangles them again automatically
message news:%23QiGALh7EHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Yes it is.
>
> I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate
> subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way"
> seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is
> still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=163.
>
> "Jim" <razerviper-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food
>> no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the
>> food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories
>> before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

COUNTIF across multiple sheets
I have a workbook that has five sheets - September. . . January. I have a range of cells (D6:D17) where I need to count the occurrence of specific text from all sheets . For example: In D6:D17 sheet September has four cells with "fries", two with "malt" and two with "shrimp", the balance of cells in the range are empty. In D6:D17 sheet November has four cells with "malt" and all other range cells are empty On a sheet named Total I want to total the occurrence of "fries", "shrimp" and "malt" on all sheets in the workbook. ...

counting, multiple conditions and results
Hi, I'm working with payperiods, 1-26. Each payperiod will have either a payment amount due or is marked na. If payperiod 5 is the beginning of the amounts due then the previous ones will be marked na. Each payperiod column has formula to figure out if there should be an amount due or an na. What I need is for the amounts due to have a total of 6 payperiods and the remaining payperiods to override the columns existing formula and say "end of 12 weeks". Amounts due would be consecutive. I can have only amounts due for 6 payperiods in total. I think I ...

apostrophe replaced by multiple symbols when email is printed
Windows XP - Exchange 2003 - Outlook 2003 In some cases when a person in our office sends emails to others in our office and those people then print the email, the apostrophes are replaced by a string of characters like: []$B!G[](B where [] is the nonprinting character symbol. Something very similar is printed in place of an arrow symbol. He recently installed a Japanese language pack. I've checked the Control Panel > Language settings and also the language settings in Outlook and couldn't see anything obviously wrong. I've also deleted his user profile and reinstall...

money 2002 #26

Multiple Email Domain problem
Hi, i have Exchange 2000 SP3 running on Win 2000 Server SP4. Everything works perfectly with internal and external email until I add another external domain. eg. domainA.com and domainB.com have been working for a couple of years. I have had to add domainC.com and make this the primary address. When users send emails to other internal users, Exchange does not recognize that domainC.com is internal and tries to send out through the internet, yet domainA.com and domainB.com still work fine. External emails from all domain names works. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks Tony ...

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Sorting Numbers with Multiple Decimals
I am attempting to create a file system using excel that can be easily searched and sorted by a number ie 1.3.12 or alphabetically. At this time I have entered the data as I would like it to appear if sorted by number, however if I attempt to alphabetize I can not restore the numbers to their proper order. Currently I have only 3 columns. One with numbers, one with file names, and one with additional information. For example 1 Office 1.1 Employees 1.1.1 Bob Marketing 1.1.2 Dave IT … 1.1.12 Joe Marketing 1.2 Equipment 1.2.1 Computers …. 12 Locations 12.1 USA 12.1.1 New York 12.1.1.1 N...

How do you keep Excel currency formatting during a mail merge?
I would like to be able to enter currency in Excel as a simple number (ex: 2000) and, when I merge the database to my MSWord Document using Mail Merge, I would like the number to show up formatted as currency (ex: $2,000.00). How do I do that? Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://hom...

Problems with Money 2005

SCENARIO ON MULTIPLE SHEETS
Hello All, I have a work book with 25 work sheets. Sheet 1 contains the rate for my formulas. Sheet 2 ( the working sheet) uses the formula from sheet one to cost my products. In some instances there are more that 40 products that use the same rate formula. (each product requires a line). If I use the regular format I will exceed the number of variable cells. How do I create this SCENARIO. Could you give an example of what you do now? You can use VLOOKUP to get the rate from Sheet1 for your products, so I'm not sure what your problem is. Pete On Feb 5, 2:28=A0pm, kellonja...@gmail.com w...

Credit Alerts not working in 2005
My experian account no longer works in the credit center in money 2005. When I click update now unser "My Credit Score" I get the following error. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly because of server problems. Please try again later." Yes I do have the username and password correct. And the other odd thing is the message comes up instantly. So it cant be validating my user name. I get exactly the same error. Also when you try to click on the link to view the credit report, you receive a URL error. BTW it only occurs when you import a 20...

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Multiple VIDs in the same INF file
Hi all, I am trying to support a PCI device in my driver which is to be used by several OEMs in their products. I wonder if there are any WHQL requirements where you can't use several different VIDs in the same driver package/INF file? Obviously such a driver would work with all those devices, but one of my colleagues was under the impression that I won't be able to get this a driver signed. Is this true? I wasn't able to find any documents which stops me doing so. Thanks, Dave H *** Previously posted on microsoft.public.development.device.drivers.dtm. DaveH &l...

convert multiple wp51dos files to ms word
we create 20 files a day and would like to convert these wp51dos files to ms word. thank you for reply in advance. You can download the old WP for DOS converter from my web site or You could purchase File Merlin -http://www.file-convert.com/products.htm which may (or may not) give better results or You could consider getting rid of the ancient WP51, move into the 21st century and produce the documents in Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web s...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems