Where do the OFX files download?

I'm using Money2006Deluxe.

I have to manually download transactions from some banks.  If I do this with
M6D not running, I get a popup saying the transactions will be imported next
time Money runs (which is true).

In the meantime, where does the OFX file exist?  Searching for "OFX" only
turns up some entries in Temporary Internet Files, which seems to be links to
the bank, instead of the OFX file itself.

I want to inspect the ofx data before I import into Money, but I cant find
the data.
Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.  Bruce

0
BruceK (16)
1/29/2006 6:10:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, BruceK wrote:

>I'm using Money2006Deluxe.
>
>I have to manually download transactions from some banks.  If I do this with
>M6D not running, I get a popup saying the transactions will be imported next
>time Money runs (which is true).
>
>In the meantime, where does the OFX file exist?  Searching for "OFX" only
>turns up some entries in Temporary Internet Files, which seems to be links to
>the bank, instead of the OFX file itself.
>
>I want to inspect the ofx data before I import into Money, but I cant find
>the data.
>Anyone know how to do this?

Start->Settings->ControlPanel->FolderOptions->FileTypes

Select OFX-- Open Financial Exchange File .

Click Advanced. Check Confirm Open After Download unless
you would not like the pop-up box. You do want the pop-up box that
allows you to determine where to put that OFX file.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/29/2006 6:49:49 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, BruceK wrote:
>
> >I'm using Money2006Deluxe.
> >
> >I have to manually download transactions from some banks.  If I do this with
> >M6D not running, I get a popup saying the transactions will be imported next
> >time Money runs (which is true).
> >
> >In the meantime, where does the OFX file exist?  Searching for "OFX" only
> >turns up some entries in Temporary Internet Files, which seems to be links to
> >the bank, instead of the OFX file itself.
> >
> >I want to inspect the ofx data before I import into Money, but I cant find
> >the data.
> >Anyone know how to do this?
>

> Start->Settings->ControlPanel->FolderOptions->FileTypes
>
> Select OFX-- Open Financial Exchange File .
>
> Click Advanced. Check Confirm Open After Download unless
> you would not like the pop-up box. You do want the pop-up box that
> allows you to determine where to put that OFX file.

Thanks for the help Cal.  This works fine for statements that are manually
downloaded.  Is there any way to do the same thing for transactions that are
automatically downloaded, such as from Schwabb?  The only transactions I have
trouble with are either new investments or when I sell all shares.  Schwab
says they sent them but the only thing I get within Money is a correction
such as "Add Shares".  I really need to be able to see the file they send me.
Thanks.
0
BruceK (16)

converting .dat files into excel
How do you open a .dat file in excel? Hi which application created the *.dat file? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany jlonto wrote: > How do you open a .dat file in excel? I was told it was created in Excel. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >which application created the *.dat file? > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, Germany > > >jlonto wrote: >> How do you open a .dat file in excel? >. > Hi try renaming the file in *.txt' and use the text import wizard (open the file in Excel - the wizard should start automatically). Qui...

linked (multiple?) files
When will Money Plus support linking multiple files to a transaction? This would be great for organizing warranty and home inventory information. Where you need to have your owners guide, receipt, extended warranty for the same transaction all accessable. Kane, I think you already have the ability to link to multiple files. Just put all the stuff you want to link to into a folder, then link to that folder. Ken "Kane" <Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:205593A0-B679-49E5-9A3D-A99013472355@microsoft.com... | When will Money Plus support linking multi...

Money 2006 -- Manual Bank Download + OFX = AAARRRGGHH!!
I installed Money 2006 Deluxe (upgraded from 2000) about a month ago. It's been working fine. I have to manually download the transactions from my bank because they haven't moved to the 21st century yet. Used to be, I would download in OFX format and the computer would ask me if I wanted to launch Money. I no longer get that prompt since installing two M$ critical updates. Since installing two critical updates on my computer (Windows ME) which have crapped my computer beyond all belief, I have not been able to get the downloads from the bank. I have finally gotten the TMP files to ...

Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB1448.E88B1160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I'm getting this message when trying to clear tempdb DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (tempdb, 10) WITH NO_INFOMSGS=20 Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file = operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle. Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file = op...

How can I migrate all .n2k files from old terminal servers to new terminal servers?
I manage a Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 farm of about 30 servers. These servers are virtualized using ESX 3.5i and are running Windows Server 2003 SP2 as the OS. Ten are these servers are currently being used as published desktops. These desktop servers are then used as a regular working desktop by Domain Users after they login thru a Web Interface. These desktop servers currently have Office 2003 Pro installed locally. End users are then able to use the Office apps once they login to the published desktops. I recently tried upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007 on a couple of these ten d...

Help File Will Not Launch
Clicking on the online user guide link for Money 2004 found at http://www.microsoft.com/money/support/manual/ produces no results. It behaves like a dead link, but I'm sure thousands of people would have notified Microsoft if it were. Any idea what settings I should check on my machine? -or- Can the user guide be downloaded to a user's machine and then opened? In microsoft.public.money, Ross wrote: >Clicking on the online user guide link for Money 2004 >found at > >http://www.microsoft.com/money/support/manual/ > >produces no results. It behaves lik...

Money file gone in Vista
I read through the newsgroups and saw a few references, BUT in my case the file just isn't there. This happened twice in about 4 months in Vista 64 bit with Money 2007. I restore from a backup then all is well. Any suggestions, or should I somehow try to report it? Thanx, Tony "Tony Linguini" <pccarguy@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:OoQUInUoHHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I read through the newsgroups and saw a few references, BUT in my case = the=20 > file just isn't there. This happened twice in about 4 months in Vista = 64 bit=20 > with ...

Save each file in a folder as a filtered HTML file and also as a PDF file
I submitted this to the word.programming but wonder if this is the right NG. I need to open each file (.doc) that is in a certain folder and then save it both as a filtered HTML and also as a PDF. I wonder if that can be automated somehow. I have no idea how to program word so I'm afraid that I could spend much time learning how to, only to find out it can't be done. If it is a reasonable thing to do I'd really appreciate a sample of something similar so I can get orientated and know what to look up. Thank in advance Answered in the other group! ...

number of fields exceeds 256 when importing from a dbf file
Hey evryone, I'm having a small problem with importing some old data from a FileMaker Pro database. According to what I found out in the groups archive the best bet is to convert it to a dbf file and then import it. However, I the number of fields in the dbf file exceeds 256, so the import wizard truncates the import at field number 256. I would now want to spread the data over two sheets. However, in the process of converting it to a dbf, quite a few of the field names get truncated and therefore have the same name, so I can't use SQL to retrieve them. My question is: what i...

File Error
When I send a simple file to a friend, they get a dialog box with the following information: "File Error. Some number formats may have been lost." The file seems to be ok on their end. Anyone know what this error is? Thanks, Bernie -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "bw" <iamnu@cableone.net> wrote in message news:1105_1073581370@news.cableone.net... > When I send a simple file to a friend, they get a dialog box with the following information: > "File Error. Some number formats may have been lo...

Why excel close all files when I just want to close one files
Dear all, I opened several excel files, and now I want to close one file of the opened file. But when I close one file, all other files are closed and the whole excel is close. Is there any setting that I need to change in excel setting? Thanks There is no setting, but you have to be careful about what X you click on. If you click on the X at the top (the application window), then you're closing the application--not just the single workbook. Yes, excel behaves differently from MSWord. hon123456 wrote: > > Dear all, > > I opened several excel files, and n...

Personal File not closed properly
Help! Just started using Office 2007, and every time I open Outlook, I get the message 'A personal file was not closed properly. Please wait while Office/Outlook (can't remembers which) checks the file for errors.' As it happens, the checking doesn't take that long, but it is very annoying to get the message *every* time I start the darn thing. And I mean every, not just after it has frozen or crashed or something. Any ideas for getting it fixed would be gratefully received. Thanks Gareth See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/128 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Co...

import ofx file in excel
How easy is it to import/view a money ofx file in excel without having money installed? (The ofx file is export from a banking program) How do you do this? I googled it but most stuff out there is either linking money with excel (means you need money program) or moving an excel file into money? Cannot find an easy solution, shoudl be becasue if you look at the file, it is like XML) Thx Philip Re: How easy is it to import/view a money ofx file in excel without having money installed? Reply: Very easy.. One way to accomplish this.... Open the saved bank ofx file with Notepad, on it&...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...

Excel File Portection/Password
I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Drew the file should open in Excel 2000 without a problem (after entering the password of course). What kind of error do you get? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Drew wrote: > I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need > to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it > won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Frank, It says the password is wrong. Thi...

Save & File
My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file (that is already set up by catagories I need) and it was saved there. Is there is a similar (i.e. quick) way to do it in Outlook? Thank you. You can use rules to copy messages after send. JMac wrote: > My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to > "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file > (that is already set up by catagories I need...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Paperport files
Anyone know of a program that can convert Paperport .max files to one of the more common formats, i.e., gif, png, bmp, wmf etc? Occasionally, I have the need to put a Paperport image into a Publication. I have the free Paperport viewer but it doesn't offer a way to "Save as..." to another format. Publisher 2000, Paint Shop Pro 9 and Infanview 4 don't seem to be able to make the conversion. -- Don Vancouver, USA Workaround... View the image in the .max viewer, then PrtScn, the open a new file in your image editor and Ctrl+V to paste it in there. The crop edit..and...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...

Intersting issue regarding msg files
I have a client using Outlook 2003. Scenario: 1. Client creates a message (default format is HTML) and saves it as a draft. 2. Client then drags and drops message from draft folder into a network location. File has .msg extension. 3. Another user then double clicks on the msg file, and makes some live changes to it and then clicks SEND 4. Message is sent but none of the changes were made. The client used to do this with Outlook Express and never had a problem. Now that they are using Outlook 2003 this problem has surfaced. Any ideas? TIA KIWI ...

Unzip Files
How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? You have to download the pkzip app, or an equivalent eg winzip, from one of the shareware sites http://www.winzip.com/ eg David "Rita" <coolbird46@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:388519F6-8A1F-4661-952A-6BBDB9E78E5B@microsoft.com... > How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? ...

Change file selection from "Word Documents (*.doc)" to "All files (*.*)"
Hi all: When I do a mail merge, I merge data to a Word Template (.dot) file, not a Word (.doc) file. So, every time I want to do a merge I have to remember to change the file selection filter from "Word Documents (*.doc)" to "All files (*.*)". Is there any way to change this to make "All files (*.*) the default? Thanks! -- Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services Freeware Small Library Application available here: http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/ "Fred Boer" <fredboer@NOyahoo...

excel attemps to repair files with macros and then crashes
Office XP installed on a Dell. Computer using windows XP professional. Local network. When opening excel files with macros the program attempts to repair the files and in doing so they become corrupted. The opened files are useless. Excel crashes sometimes Other computers running same version of Excel are able to open the same files without problem. Excel has visual basic running. Opening of excel files without formulas works without a problem. Access also does not open.. all updates to excel have been downloaded. ...

transfer a page to another file
Is there a way to transfer a page from one publisher file to another. thanks Copy, paste... You can have any number of Publisher documents open, you can drag and drop too. If you have 2007 there is this utility PubCat v1.0.0.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "S" <nonense@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:S%AUi.447957$xp6.309362@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is there a way to transfer a page from one publisher file to another. > > than...