Where did "background update" go?

Just updated to M05 from 04.  One feature that I truly loved in M04 was the
background update; even if I didn't open Money for days at a time, it
automatically connected to my bank in the background and downloaded bank
statement updates.

The closest thing I can find in M05 is "automatic updates", which DO NOT do
anything automatically (confirmed by other posters here).  I've got my
username/pass set to remember, have "Internet updates" set, yada-yada-yada.
I remember that M04 set a process to run at all times to enable background
updates, but I'm not seeing any sort of Money-related processes running
after I exit M05.

Am I missing something, or is it back to M04?

0
noone3130 (29)
12/27/2004 10:17:18 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Hmmm, looks as if I lied -- I do have a process running named
"mnybbsvc.exe" running after I exited Money.  Fine...  But even with that
running, howcum Money showed my last update as 5 days ago, which is the
last time I open M05?

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:17:18 -0700, Pilar <noone@home.com> wrote:

> Just updated to M05 from 04.  One feature that I truly loved in M04 was
> the
> background update; even if I didn't open Money for days at a time, it
> automatically connected to my bank in the background and downloaded bank
> statement updates.
>
> The closest thing I can find in M05 is "automatic updates", which DO NOT
> do
> anything automatically (confirmed by other posters here).  I've got my
> username/pass set to remember, have "Internet updates" set,
> yada-yada-yada.
> I remember that M04 set a process to run at all times to enable
> background
> updates, but I'm not seeing any sort of Money-related processes running
> after I exit M05.
>
> Am I missing something, or is it back to M04?

noone3130 (29)

Background Update: Delegate?
Hi, I have a software that is used to monitor several parameters of my experiment. I need live update these parameters so basically they should be running asynchronously in the background of my form. How exactly do I go about doing this? I'm aware that you can create a delegate and make it run asynchronously, but how do I stop it if it's in a forever loop? I'm not very familiar with the whole thread idea yet. Is it on the stack or in the heap? FefeOxy wrote: > Hi, > > I have a software that is used to monitor several parameters of my > experiment. I need live update...

Where did "background update" go?
Just updated to M05 from 04. One feature that I truly loved in M04 was the background update; even if I didn't open Money for days at a time, it automatically connected to my bank in the background and downloaded bank statement updates. The closest thing I can find in M05 is "automatic updates", which DO NOT do anything automatically (confirmed by other posters here). I've got my username/pass set to remember, have "Internet updates" set, yada-yada-yada. I remember that M04 set a process to run at all times to enable background updates, but I'm not see...

Money 2004 req Passport for Background Updates?
Personally, I find the requirement to use Passport for background account updates to be inexcusable and infuriating. I will not create a Passport acocunt to manage my finances. Passport has a poor track record, and there is just no logic in requiring a shared web account to manage one's financial profile privately on their PC. Does Money 2004 have this requirement too for background updates? Or, has anyone successfully downgraded from 2004 back to 2003? If I try 2004 and find they still require Passport, I'm not going to upgrade. I would like to be able to downgrade though. Mone...