When will Money for PPC support Int dates????

Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.

Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

0
boxall_W (2)
1/26/2005 2:58:50 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC, I
wouldn't be holding my breath.

"Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
>
> Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

BUT how hard is it. NO other app is so date dumb.

message news:%23m2EVb1AFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC,
> wouldn't be holding my breath.
>
> "Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
> >
> > Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

0
boxall_W (2)
1/26/2005 7:10:22 AM
It's not hard at all, but the overheads of stocking two variants, printing
two sets of boxes, manuals etc etc mean that, unless sales go through the
roof, we aren't gonna see it.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

> BUT how hard is it. NO other app is so date dumb.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:%23m2EVb1AFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for
>> PPC,
>> wouldn't be holding my breath.
>>
>> "Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> > Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
>> >
>> > Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
1/26/2005 7:59:48 AM
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:28:41 -0700, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC, I
>wouldn't be holding my breath.
>
>"Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
>>
>> Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

Why wouldn't it use the Windows date setting for your region?
Because the date format is hard coded into the program - has been for years.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Amy Gray" <JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:28:41 -0700, "Dick Watson"
> <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:
>
>>When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC,
>>wouldn't be holding my breath.
>>
>>"Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
>>>
>>> Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!
>>>

> Why wouldn't it use the Windows date setting for your region?

0
glyn1 (1534)
> It's not hard at all, but the overheads of stocking two variants, printing
> two sets of boxes, manuals etc etc mean that, unless sales go through the
> roof, we aren't gonna see it.

But Bob, the PPC application is a download from the pocketpc site - it is
not packaged surely ?

David

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:09:18 -0000, "Glyn Simpson, MVP"
<glyn@serf.org> wrote:

>Because the date format is hard coded into the program - has been for years.
So why don't they just remove it and use the windows default?  Other
programs do it, why not Money?

Probably nobody here knows.

> So why don't they just remove it and use the windows default?  Other
> programs do it, why not Money?

p.s., it might be because they just plain don't care.

"Amy Gray" <JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So why don't they just remove it and use the windows default?  Other
> programs do it, why not Money?

Ooops! But maintaining two (or more variants) is an extra overhead.

--

"David Cleland" <davidcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ..
>> It's not hard at all, but the overheads of stocking two variants,
>> printing two sets of boxes, manuals etc etc mean that, unless sales go
>> through the roof, we aren't gonna see it.
>

> But Bob, the PPC application is a download from the pocketpc site - it is
> not packaged surely ?
>
> David

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)

Money 2004 Std compatible with SP2?
Is Money 2004 compatible with Windows XP SP2? I have read from other postings there have been some problems. I do not know if these were unique to the individual computer or not. Please advise before I prepare to install SP2. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Robert Sharon wrote: >Is Money 2004 compatible with Windows XP SP2? Yes. M04 Deluxe works fine here on XP Pro SP2. The reports seem to be isolated cases many of which seem to be firewall related issues. "Robert Sharon" <r.sharon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:iLOjd.78774$OD2.49141@bgtnsc05-news.op...

Auto shapes and text boxes will not format (Color in)
Any help would be so greatly appreciated: I just installed MS Office Professional Plus 2007. There are some features that will not work. For instance, I can not color in any text boxes or auto shapes in MS Word and Publisher. There was a free trial which has expired. I uninstalled it. I also uninstalled MS Office Professional Plus 2007 and then reinstalled it – and those features still aren’t working. The software was activated. I even tried to activate it again...but it indicated that activation was already complete. Thank-you to anyone who has some advice for me. ...

HOW DO I Auto inserting date and time?
Can someone out there please help me! Am trying to find what the formula would be to automatically insert date and time (in seperate columns) when another field has been filled. Ie, if cell C3 has data in it, then for C1 to automatically insert the date, and C2 to automatically insert a time. I am told that this IS possible, but I can't work out how to do it! Thank you in advance for any assistance! Shane --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 01/09/2003 thank you...

Money 99 and inability to connect with financial institutions
I have been using Money 99 and have never been able to connect with any financial institutions with which I have accounts and which I know offer transfer of data service, including Chase Manhattan, Charles Schwab and Brown and Company. After clicking on Online and then "investigate offerings" for the firm in question, I see that a search is underway, afterwhich I get back the same error message " internet communication error occurred. Please try call again later (BDSIE 12029). I have retried this a great number of times over a period of many months with exactly the sam...

The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled.
Hi, I recently changed my Windows Live password. When I triy to setup online access to a credit card I get the message: "The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled. Close and reopen Money. If the problem persists then try turning the service off and then re-enabiling it. If the problem still persists you will need to re-enable the service with a new Windows Live ID." How do I turn off/re-enable the sevice? Do I really need a new Windows Live ID? I am using Microsoft Money Home & Business Version 17.0.150.72...

CRM must support reoccurring tasks and appointments
We are constantly telling customers how CRM works "just like" Outlook. I have had three different prospects ask if it support reoccurring tasks and appointments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commu...

xlsx will not open from Explorer, opens from Excel 07
Hi folks, tia, I have a user that cannot open an xlsx from Windows Explorer but can do a File > Open from inside Excel 2007 successfully. I set macro security to enable all. File associations in Explorer are correct and pointing at Excel 07. Unfortunatley we don't have a lot of exposure to Office 2007 products yet.. Still trying to find the nooks and crannies. Thanks again, Kevin M Hi Kevin, An .xlsx file does not contain macros so enabling them will not affect it. It sounds like the file is on a shared network. Press the Office button and select Excel Options, g...

Date Help
I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell J6 the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Malcolm Hi, use this formula instead =if(C6="","",$C$6) "Malcolm" wrote: > I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in > cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and ...

Counting days between dates
I am trying to calculate working days late or early between two dates using =NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2) If I have a due date of 24 Sept and I ship on 24 Sep then I am neither late or early so I am on time i.e. 0 days - but my formula returns 1! If I have a due date of 24 Sept and I ship on 23 Sep then I am shipping 1 day early i.e. –1 – but my formula returns –2 formula due actual days early late should be 24-Sep 24-Sep 1 0 24-Sep 25-Sep 1 1 24-Sep 23-Sep -2 -1 What do I need to do...

help with weekdays between two dates
A little rusty with access - been away for a while. Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between two dates. a simple function of somekind using the date or count functions? Be great if it did stat holidays too but I know that's asking more than is possible? JT "Jim" <jimt@pioneers.ca> wrote in message news:2rWAj.66322$pM4.15431@pd7urf1no... >A little rusty with access - been away for a while. > > Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between > two dates. > > a simple function of somekind us...

How do I stop a general format from being autoformatted to date
I want to stop Excel from automatically changing the format of a cell from general to time every time I enter a new row of data. I have several column headings running across the top of the page and I have set the format of 4 columns to display the time (HH:MM), the next column has been formatted to show a GENERAL entry. This was done by selecting the whole column and applying the format of General. The problem is when I enter data for a particular row I enter from left to right and put the data in the 4 TIME formatted cells first, by the time I go to the 5th cell which should just be a n...

No dates
when ever i recieved an e-mail the date it was sent was always along side the e-mail, but know i dont get a date, why has this happenend, i like the date being printed as i know when i recieved them please help. Is there something i can do. "ANNA B." <bryla@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23htLYe01KHA.5828@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > when ever i recieved an e-mail the date it was sent was always along side > the e-mail, > but know i dont get a date, why has this happenend, i like the date being > printed as > i know when i recieved them...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Current Date in Query
Hi All, Hoping you can help. I'm using the following to get current age in a query: NewCurrAge: (DateDiff("m",[DOB],Date())+(Day([DOB])>Day(Date())))\12 & " yrs " & (DateDiff("m",[DOB],Date())+(Day([DOB])>Day(Date()))) Mod 12 & " mos" My BIG problem is that I also want to pull certain ages, especially 9 to 13 for one query and 14 to 17 in another query. So, in the same query for criteria I used: Between 9 yrs 0 mos And 13 yrs 12 mos Error: the expression contains invalid syntax. you entered an operator witho...

Adding workdays to a date
Hi, I need to add a specific number of dates to a specific date. I'm fine when I'm using the DateAdd() function. I'm able to add days, weeks, months and even years. But this time I need to add only workdays. I need to be able to eliminate weekends and holidays. I can do it in access using the Networkdays() function, but I can't seem to find a way to do it in Access. I have MS Office 2003. Could somebody PLEASE help me. Thanks, Cherrie Hi Cherrie It's usually not necessary to post your question multiple times. You'll usually get an answer if you wait a littl...

How do I set up Outlook to only download msgs after a set date?
Hello, I'm setting outlok as the message client for an account that I've had for several years. Is there a way to set it up to only download messages after a set date, i.e. perhaps Dec-01-2008? It's *STILL* synching because it's getting messages from years ago, and I'd rather it just get recent ones. I have Outlook 2007. Thanks!! No What type of account, pop, imap or? "T. Otten" <TOtten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EF12753-2C30-417F-882F-8EB5448F4C8D@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I'm setting outlok as th...

Ledger not showing future dates
I recently downloaded changes from MS and now when I make an entry into my ledger that is for a futre date, it does not show up. Is there a setting for this? Try changing the view order in the upper left hand corner of the register. "Terry" <tdowns1953a@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:072801c36b6c$cda57ac0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I recently downloaded changes from MS and now when I make > an entry into my ledger that is for a futre date, it does > not show up. Is there a setting for this? ...

MS Money Deluxe 2005
Money 2005 on desktop computer with window's xp pro Money installed on laptop computer with window's vista home premium Made backup of data but cannot restore new installed software on the laptop computer, can anyone help "Margie" <Margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA616D6B-D9B9-4024-AC1E-BA5160EC17D7@microsoft.com... > Money 2005 on desktop computer with window's xp pro > Money installed on laptop computer with window's vista home premium > > Made backup of data but cannot restore new installed software on the > laptop &...

Autofill dates in a 3D range
I have a workbook with 53 pages (onepage for each week of the year), I want to autofill the date of each weekday across all 53 sheets, You you talking about 53 worksheets, each with a tab? If so, Ctrl+Click the right and left tabs to select them and every tab between. This will Group the worksheets. Any data entered will now be entered in all. When finished, click any tab to ungroup (or right-click and choose Ungroup). -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Gibbo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7F9351D-8DCC-4333-812...

Money 2004
When I attempt to start Money2004 this error message pops up and money will not start. I have reloaded but the same problem occurs. Error Signature Reads: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll Have you recently installed MSN9 or NetZero? It may be related to firewalls installed by either. Try disabling/uninstalling the firewall/anti-virus software (may be Nortons or McAfee). -Mark "JohnC" <jdcast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:122901c3df5b$f780feb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to start Money2004 this error message pop...

Converting concactenated fields to date
Hello - I am having trouble with this expression in my query: ExpiryDate: CDate(Format([ccExpMonth] & "/" & ([CCExpYear]+2000,"Short Date"))) I am trying to find Expiry dates less than 90 days from today using criteria <Now()+90 ccExpMonth and ccExpYear are both integers and could be one to 2 digits Thanks! sandy The problem is you don't have a complete date. You don't have a day. You can use the first of the month as the expiration date ExpiryDate: DateSerial(ccExpYear,ccExpMonth,1) or the last of the month ExpiryDate: DateSerial(ccExpYear,c...

2004 Money report printing errors
When I print a report, it loses the sub total and total lines. Which reports? Do you have, for example, letter size setup in the printer setup with A4 size paper? Have you tried the print landscape instead of portrait? Make sure you have the latest printer drivers too. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

Printing Register from Money 05
Is there any way to print entries in the register. For example, I'd like to print entries of all checks I wrote to the telephone company in 2008. I have no problem sorting the register to find the dates and payee, I just can't seem to find a way to print these entries. Thanks for the help. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com chms9481@hotmail.com wrote in <1228628071_152@news.usenet.com>: >Is there any way to print entries in the register. For example, I'...

sorting by date #3
Hi, I just want to sort my data by date, - i use it for our petty cash an invoices and I'm sick of having to sort them out into date order firs - and wait till end of month. I feel like I am missing something VERY obvious :confused: thanks for your time Fiona ; -- fionabath ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fionabaths's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1664 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31613 Fiona, Give a little more information about your spreadsheet layout. E...