When creating a new Budget, it always picks up my old pay stub information

I've been using MS Money since 2002 and have upgraded several versions
up to 2006.

In this version, when I try and create a new advanced budget, it
automatically populates all the categories that are associated with my
pay check (i.e. Gross Pay, Federal Taxes, Medicare, etc.).

The only problem is, it's picking up my paycheck from several years
back and I have no way of removing it.  When I try and click on and
edit those items in Budget, the screen just refreshes and nothing
happens. I'm unable to delete those  entries.

What I want to do is enter all my budget items manually.  But for some
reason, it keeps this paycheck information around.

At one point in time in the past, I had setup a recurring payment for
my paycheck, which is probably where it's picking this up.  However, I
have removed that entry for a long time now.

Anyone have any suggestions for resolution?

Thanks

money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

"Markus" <mark.chien@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been using MS Money since 2002 and have upgraded several versions
> up to 2006.
>
> In this version, when I try and create a new advanced budget, it
> automatically populates all the categories that are associated with my
> pay check (i.e. Gross Pay, Federal Taxes, Medicare, etc.).
>
> The only problem is, it's picking up my paycheck from several years
> back and I have no way of removing it.  When I try and click on and
> edit those items in Budget, the screen just refreshes and nothing
> happens. I'm unable to delete those  entries.
>
> What I want to do is enter all my budget items manually.  But for some
> reason, it keeps this paycheck information around.
>
> At one point in time in the past, I had setup a recurring payment for
> my paycheck, which is probably where it's picking this up.  However, I
> have removed that entry for a long time now.

This may be the phantom bill problem.  If you try to delete bills or deposts
from the list of scheduled transactions, they usually do not really go away
but are hidden and show up in odd ways such as you describe.  If you can see
the old recurring transaction in your budget summary and right click, the
edit scheduled transaction window should pop up.  If so you can then use
the" This tranaction will end at some point" check box to get rid if it.
Put 12/31/04 in the final transaction and next due date boxes and 0 in the
number of transactions remaining box.  I would use this method of removing
any scheduled transaction you want to get rid of instead of using the
deleting button.

If you cannot see the transaction to edit it or the edit box will not come
up you are stuck as far as I know.  I have used backup copies of my Money
file to revert back to a date prior to deleting the scheduled bill and then
I could use the above method to remove it.  But this is not pracitcal unless
you caught the issue fast and only recently deleted the recurring deposit.
Some people have used a category cleanup method of getting rid of these
phantom bill issues but I can't remember what they do.  You can probably
find it by searching this list or hopefully someone who knows will post
about it.

Regards

Bill Wood

> Anyone have any suggestions for resolution?
>
> Thanks

0
William
10/27/2005 5:00:06 PM
Thanks Bill.  Looks like this is the problem.  I've read about it in
some other forums but was hoping for a better fix.  I would think by
version 2006, they would have fixed this problem.  I guess not. :)

I think the solution of category cleanup is to move all the
transactions within a particular paystub category into a new category.
Once they are all moved, you move them back to the original naming if
you want. I'll try this method out and see if it works.

Thanks

create a roster

Task Create - Status

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...

Hot to shift Outlook 2003 to new machine
I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old machine. As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages, tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine??? Your advice would be appreciated Scooter The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates for itself: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx More information here: http://www.slips...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Creating an ad book

8000 Watt Generator - NEW
Still in box. Bought from Home Depot last year and never got around to hooking it up. Paid $1,300 for it. Will sell for $1,000 negotiable. Made by Devilbiss - 14 HP Briggs & Straton engine. Never even taken out of the box!!! Email pmassey at nc dot rr dot com for more details. ...

Exchange 2k3 backup
Finally decided to really learn Exchange... someone else migrated the Exchange server from SBS to Exchange Enterprise 2k3... I've never really rolled up my sleeves in learning it in-depth so I've decided to set up a new server and install the Exchange 2k3 as a backup. Since I'm a relatively newbie to Exchange, can someone point me in the right direction to follow so that I can duplicate our live Exchange server onto a backup box? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Thanks, R Green your only options for a "backup" box are to use some version of clustering, or to use a 3r...