What is Country/Region for?

When setting up a new stock investment, there is an option labeled
"Country/Region". What is that for? Tracking investments by country?
Tracking prices in local currency? Or something else?

If I buy for instance a Chinese company's ADR, should Country/Region be
China or United States?

0
nospam4109 (129)
6/6/2008 8:11:49 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Paul Pedersen wrote:

>When setting up a new stock investment, there is an option labeled
>"Country/Region". What is that for? Tracking investments by country?
>Tracking prices in local currency? Or something else?

I think it sets the default prefix for getting quotes.

>If I buy for instance a Chinese company's ADR, should Country/Region be
>China or United States?

I would select United States for the ADR.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
> In microsoft.public.money, Paul Pedersen wrote:
>
>>When setting up a new stock investment, there is an option labeled
>>"Country/Region". What is that for? Tracking investments by country?
>>Tracking prices in local currency? Or something else?
>
> I think it sets the default prefix for getting quotes.
>

>>If I buy for instance a Chinese company's ADR, should Country/Region be
>>China or United States?
>
> I would select United States for the ADR.

OK, thanks.

0
nospam4109 (129)

Country Codes
Hi, Gurus, I wrote recently to this newsgroup about the fact that I can't seem to get one particular Contact in my Outlook Contacts Folder to realise that he's really from Hong Kong. The address is in Hong Kong, and the "Check Address" window, the Country/Region drop down list has "Hong Kong SAR" registered in it. When I went to the business phone number field, the "Check Phone Number" window didn't accept Hong Kong as the country. For some reason, I tried it again, just before writing that last bit, and it worked - How??? I haven't changed a thi...

Matching Address Country with Phone Number Country Outlook 2003
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 I need to know if it's possible that Outlook updates the PHONE NUMBER COUNTRY field automatically (assigning al country codes and "+") by reading the ADDRESS FIELD COUNTRY information I already have in the contact. Also, is there any application that does this or that manages Country codes correctly to upgrade the phone numbers ? thanks! Alex ...

Is it possible to force UK English dates/times regardless of Windows Regional Options?
Hello, I have a large customer whose staff use 20 different languages. Although the OS and application user-interaces are standardised on UK English, the PCs have to be able to support multi-lingual keyboard layouts, spell-checkers etc. Is there a way to force Outlook to always display dates/times in UK English only, regardless of what CP - Regional and Language Options - Regional Options is set to? What I need is an Outlook-specific setting which will not affect other applications. Thanks in advance. - Alan. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep ...

List of country
How I will list of country in combo box for MS Access -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Several ways to do that. 1. Create a ValueList foir the combo... USA ; Canada ; France ; etc..... or 2. Create a one field table, like tblCountries, with all your countries entered there, and use that table/query as the RowSource for your combo. or 3. Use the Country field entries you've already used in previously entered records as the RowSource for the combo. For example, you have a tblCustomers, with customers from many countries a...

Country Codes
Has anyone noticed any inconsistencies in the Country Codes as used in SOP transactions.? I have a peculiar thing happening and I can't work out why. All my customer addresses are correctly setup with their addresses and the relevant Country codes. However, on some sales transactions, the country code is missing from the ShipTo address. If I go to Sales Debtor Detail Entry from a SOP Order, I have the Bill to Address and the ShipTo Address as the same. The Bill TO address has the country code. However, when i click ont he radio butoon to view the ShipTo address the Country code is missin...

Junk mail from foreign countries
I have been getting junk emails in spanish, italian, etc. How do I write a rule that deletes all email that a foreign language is used in the body of the email. Thanks ...

What is Country/Region for?
When setting up a new stock investment, there is an option labeled "Country/Region". What is that for? Tracking investments by country? Tracking prices in local currency? Or something else? If I buy for instance a Chinese company's ADR, should Country/Region be China or United States? In microsoft.public.money, Paul Pedersen wrote: >When setting up a new stock investment, there is an option labeled >"Country/Region". What is that for? Tracking investments by country? >Tracking prices in local currency? Or something else? I think it sets the default p...

what is the meaning of Mas hein in brezil country
According to Free Translation, http://ets.freetranslation.com/ it translates to "But eh" Brazil's language is Portuguese. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "siddik" <siddik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BABBADB9-2118-41C2-A726-524EB73D46F6@microsoft.com... > ...

Country data maps
Anyone know if there's a freebie please for showing country data in an excel worksheet as shading or colouring of all the countries in world maps. Commercial packages I've seen are incredibly expensive and I only want something minimal and free or cheap to do the odd thing out of curiosity when stuff comes up as news stories, like when you see articles in the paper showing how many hedghogs you get per square mile in different countries. Many thanks :) -- :) Albert. ...

country compatability
if I buy in Germany will the disk be useable in English A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from peter-uk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > if I buy in Germany will the disk be useable in English If you buy in Germany and the box is in German, you will get the German version of the software. The dialogs will be in German. Not English. But you will get English proofing tools. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Non Printing region
I have a document in landscape and the left border (top of page) is being severly cropped when printed. This has only happened after buying a new printer. I think that it is picking up an incorrect printing region. How can I set it to print outside the set printing region. The document is fine on some inkjet printers (it warns that some of the document may be outside the printed page, but allows you to continue) but not on others. Thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from judith <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > How can I se...

International date settings for each country for GP
Two questions. 1. How can i change my date settings in Great plains to dd/mm/yyyy format. 2. Suppose somebody from US logs into my terminal server hosted in London, how can we ensure he/she sees only date as mm/dd/yyyy format instead of the normal european date format? Help appriciated. -Dilip You can perhaps create a second instance of your GP client on your Terminal Server and add the following line to your DEX.INI settings file: StdInternationalInfo=TRUE Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "dil...

world countries
Names of the countries with thier continents Microsoft Excel does not contain a function that returns names of the countries with thier continents. zaifi wrote: > Names of the countries with thier continents ...

adding country in the Ship To Address
I've tried adding country to the ship to address to no avail. I was able to add it, got no errors and all but still the country is not showing up. I made 5 calc fields that have this expression: FUNCTION_SCRIPT(rw_SelectAddrLine1""POP_PO.Address 1POP_PO.Address 2POP_PO.Address 3""POP_PO.CityPOP_PO.StatePOP_PO.Zip CodePOP_PO.Country ) ** shown above is the first calc field. address lines 2 to 5 are similar to that it's just that the integer after rw_SelectAddrLine is set to appropriate line number. any ideas why the country is not appearing? t...

Visible region of a window
The method CWnd::IsWindowVisible() return trues when WS_VISIBLE flag is set to true. "the return value may be nonzero even though CWnd is totally obscured by other windows." Is it possible to find out whether my window is actually obscured by another window even when IsWindowVisible() returns true? Thanks ...

Where is the Country table in CRM 4.0?
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone of you already knew where we can find the Country table in CRM 4.0? I tried looking for it using the Filtered View and table but I can't find it still. I basically would like to make use of the Data it has (particularly country). This one is actually found in the currency form when you click on the Currency Code lookup button. It has the following fields: Country/Region, Currency Name, Currency Code and Currency Symbol. Thanks. Hi, This info is not stored in CRM. If you reflect the code in Microsoft.Crm.dll, and the Microsoft.Crm.CrmUtility...

Country Functions
Country functions differ from country to country. Is there a list of functions. For example in Denmark the equivalents are 1. CHAR - CHR 2. AND - OG Thanks in advance KeepItCool has a translator utility at: http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html dl wrote: > > Country functions differ from country to country. Is there a list of > functions. For example in Denmark the equivalents are > > 1. CHAR - CHR > > 2. AND - OG > > Thanks in advance -- Dave Peterson ...

clipping region of a device context.
can someone explaing me what's a clipping region in a device context? if i draw for example different circles in a window client area when i resize the window these objects disappear because the whole client area is invalidated by windows, so what represents the clipping region?The whole client area? And what about if(pDC->RectVisible(pElement->GetBoundRect()))//obtain enclosing shape rect pElement->Draw(pDC); // ...draw it this function checks if the enclosing rect of a shape, for example a circle, overlay the clipping region...what it exactly means? Maybe th enclosing rect...

Work week holiday for different countries
Is it possible to refer to a holiday list somewhere in my windows installation when I work with the function =WORKWEEK? If not, can I collect the holiday lists for different countries from Microsoft webpage somwhere? ...

Adding a country/region in Money
Is it possible to add a new country / region in the international version of Microsoft Money? I am using the latest trial version for reviewing wheather I should purchase this software product but I live in a country that is not listed in the country/region list that comes with the package. I have found that I can add my country currency to the currency list and make it the base currency. But I can not assign a country/region to the currency and I can consequently not assign my currency to domestic investments. Any suggestions? Regards Georg Pick a currency that you will never use ...

Out of country sales
I have a customer who is going to Denmark to sell items. Their database has items that are priced at US Dollars but they want the capability to have the system automatically convert those items into Danish Krones at POS, receipts and reports. Do they have to convert all the items selling prices to the Danish Krone equivalents manually?? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank You. Hi Phil..perhaps a webstore would handle this nicely for your customer. We have a customer that has their RMS database in English but all their web data is in French: http://bebeplus.ca they also have ...

Connecting to banks in multiple countries
I am interested in buying MSN Money for the funtionality to connect to my bank and download balances and transactions where my bank is supported. I notice in the trial version that the list of banks available are only in the US. I have bank accounts at home (Australia), here (Japan, where I currently live) and Hong Kong, and keep funds in 5 currencies. Do I need a separate version of MSN Money for each country to be able to connect to the banks online? Or is there some configuration file available to allow one verion of Money to list banks in Multiple countreis? I also dloaded the ...

Regional Distributors and Resellers Wanted
Singapore based wholesaler of art prints( open & limited editions) seeking regional distributors(in bulk order) and resellers. Distributors enjoys attractive bulk order rates, while resellers enjoy commissions and target bonuses. All transactions thru Paypal. Interested companies or individuals may contact us at our email address AffiliateSearch@eartsingapore.com. Some of the artworks can be viewed at our web address at http://www.eartsingapore.com. If catalogue is required please reply indicating request. Thanks and have a nice day. Regards, Bryan --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050905022956U2c...

Different country settings
Hi all One of my databases (Access 2003) is used across Europe etc and the reports are produced in the local country language. In order for the dates and numbers etc to be produced in the correct format per country, the office staff change their country settings before previewing the reports. This has always worked well, but recently I introduced a chart and we have problems with this displaying for certain countries.To get the chart to preview we have to select a different country and tweak the settings. For example, for France we have to use Belgium French settings. I hav...

Country > Region
Hello, On a database I have two tables: Countries and Regions. For each Country I have one or many regions. Then I have another table, Centers, where I need to define its location. I suppose I need only RegionId in this table correct? By defining the Region of the Center I can lookup in which country is located ... Or should I also have a CountryId in table Centers? Which approach should I use? Is there a situation where I need both CountryId and RegionId in table Centers? Thanks, Miguel Miguel, It depends, of course. If your countries _always_ have regions, ...