What about routing numbers when printing checks

I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are
compatable with money, and was looking forward to
printing my checks at home. Well after setup, i went to
print a few checks. The checks orinted fine and within
margins, but i notice that there arent any routing
numbers, my name or address, or anything on it to make
this a valid and redeemable check. Am i missing
something?? I have MS money 2003 and am runnning XP.
0
MGidish (1)
8/29/2003 8:33:55 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:33:55 -0700, "MGidish" <MGidish@cox-internet.com> wrote:

>I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are
>compatable with money, and was looking forward to
>printing my checks at home. Well after setup, i went to
>print a few checks. The checks orinted fine and within
>margins, but i notice that there arent any routing
>numbers, my name or address, or anything on it to make
>this a valid and redeemable check. Am i missing
>something?? I have MS money 2003 and am runnning XP.

You need the Versacheck program in order to make checks out of their stock.
First you design your check, including the routing numbers and various codes.
This gives you a check which is compatible with Money.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/29/2003 11:02:18 AM
"Ron Rosenfeld" <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote in message
> You need the Versacheck program in order to make checks out of their
stock.
> First you design your check, including the routing numbers and various
codes.
> This gives you a check which is compatible with Money.

But also one which, unless you print it with special ink almost nobody uses,
isn't necessarily compatible with the banking system.

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:12:46 -0600, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote:

>"Ron Rosenfeld" <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote in message
>> You need the Versacheck program in order to make checks out of their
>stock.
>> First you design your check, including the routing numbers and various
>codes.
>> This gives you a check which is compatible with Money.
>
>But also one which, unless you print it with special ink almost nobody uses,
>isn't necessarily compatible with the banking system.

Dick,

You're behind the times <g>.  Most financial institutions have gone to optical
readers.  I've been printing checks using a LaserJet for a number of years --
using the standard HP toner (not the magnetic stuff).  It is rare that I've had
a check returned with that little extra strip on the bottom that the bank uses
when their readers can't pick up a valid code.

Now, I don't know about other parts of the country; other parts of the world
than the US; or the use of ink-jet printers as I have not experience in that
regard.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/29/2003 3:03:02 PM
What most banks can tolerate and what meets the requirements are two
different things. I think the situation with this is pretty well described
in the FAQ. You can do it. They are probably within their rights to reject
it as it doesn't meet the requirements of the FRB for such things.

> You're behind the times <g>.  Most financial institutions have gone to
optical
> readers.  I've been printing checks using a LaserJet for a number of
years --
> using the standard HP toner (not the magnetic stuff).  It is rare that
I've had
> a check returned with that little extra strip on the bottom that the bank
uses
> when their readers can't pick up a valid code.
>
> Now, I don't know about other parts of the country; other parts of the
world
> than the US; or the use of ink-jet printers as I have not experience in
that
> regard.

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:14:08 -0600, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote:

>What most banks can tolerate and what meets the requirements are two
>different things. I think the situation with this is pretty well described
>in the FAQ. You can do it. They are probably within their rights to reject
>it as it doesn't meet the requirements of the FRB for such things.

As I've said, I've been doing it for years, and my checks do get sent
throughout the country.  I've rarely had a rejected check.  And sometimes the
rejected checks were commercially printed.  (By rejected, I mean that a strip
was generated manually, and then taped to the bottom of my check).

Now it may be that the banks are using OCR instead of MICR; or it may be that
there is some magnetic particles in the HP toner.  But the bottom line is that,
at least with an HP LJ printer, I've not had problems using standard HP toner.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

ABC Spelling check in Excel?
Can we do spelling and gramar check in Excel? Thanks, Kim-An -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do a spell check by going to Tools > Spelling or by pressing F on the keyboard. I'm not sure if it checks grammer though sorry. Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I will try using tools and F7. Sorry that I don't know how to reply t newsgroup! Thanks again for your help. Kim-An -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

converting numbers to time
I have a list of numbers: 900 1030 830 etc. I need these in the format: 09:00:00 10:30:00 08:30:00 etc I have tried text to columns but without the 0 before 830 the fixed width line doesnt fall right. Very stuck on this so any help would be gratefully recieved (otherwise I have alot of work on my hands!!) Assumes C5 has 900 and Time format set to 00:00:00 HTH Rob =TIME(INT(C5/100),MOD(C5,100),0) "FishandChips" <FishandChips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41FD6501-94DA-4944-93CE-B382DDA05126@microsoft.com... >I have a lis...

routing mail with routing group
Folks, I am having problems routing mail within a routing group.. Any ideas Regards Hi, Perhaps you can be a bit more specific? In general the Exchange servers should be able to communicatie with the active directory/dns and with smtp to eachother. In case you are using an internal firewall sometimes ports get blocked that are needed for the communication such as smtp en the linkstate port (tcp 691). Regards, Steven "ricky" <rakumi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVcLmk4DFHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Folks, > I am having problems routing mail within a ...

email routing
I am trying to send a press release to multiple newspapers. Can I send it one time to multiple papers without each of them seeing the others that are getting it? I am not referring to bcc's. When the email is received by each paper in it would only show one paper in the To: line. Am I being clear. I have a POP 3 using Outlook and I have Internet Explorer. Thanks -- Brigid kiola <kiola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to send a press release to multiple newspapers. Can I > send it one time to multiple papers without each of them seeing the > others ...

Deleting Duplicate Numbers In A Column: How ?
Hello, Have a long list of numbers, formatted the same, in a column. Would like to delete duplicate numbers. How can I do this, please ? Thanks, Bob Is this the only data in your sheet? If so, then enter a heading in A1 if you don't already have one (insert a new row 1 if necessary). Then highlight all the data including the heading and click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter - here you can specify to filter in place and to have Unique Records only, and then click OK. Hope this helps. Pete Robert11 wrote: > Hello, > > Have a long list of numbers, formatted the same, in a ...

Random Outlook crash when printing email
I'm running Outlook 2007 SP2 and I have these random Outlook crashes (unable to duplicate when I want it to) when I'm printing my emails. After the crash and reload, I'm able to print the same email without having it crash again. I did find a few post about deleting OutlPrnt, but it does continue to crash from time to time. Any clue on this? Some people say KB972363 is causing the problem. I too have a couple users experiencing this issue. Deleting OUTLPRNT has helped reduce the frequency of these crashes, but they still occur. We are printing to HP printers (most...

routing
hello, how to under VC 6.0 access windows routing table ?, for example delete one route and add another. What do you mean by routing table? -- Ajay <wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:17bbf663-d7b8-418d-a1c2-8c0276028489@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > hello, > > how to under VC 6.0 access windows routing table ?, > for example delete one route and add another. It can be read using WMI...long time back I read it in C# using WMI. So, WMI is confirmed...but I don't know how to use WMI in VC++ :) wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com wrote: > hello, ...

Print area #2
I have many workbooks that have from 10 to 60 worksheets. All pages have the same set up in them. It's just that some data changes. I have a template set up and now want to set the print area for all the pages. When i select all sheets the print area menu greys out. How can I do this without setting it for each worksheet idividually? smarty, here is one way using a macro, will set the print area on all sheets in the workbook Sub Set_Print_Area() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$C$25" '******Change to your range*...

Comparing two numbers
I am trying to figure out how to compare two numbers (that are constantly changing in value) to see if they meet a particular ratio and then pick the smallest of that original number to be carried forward. I have tried nesting If statements but end up with "False" answers instead of 0 sometimes. This is the type of data I am tring to compare along with the conditions that must be met. Example 1. a. 166.00 b. 97.00 First condition: If B>=1/3A Second condition: If B meets first condition then B must be larger than C. Third condition If B meets second condition then C is ...

sql request to return port number
Hello, I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is 1433). Thanks for your help Hi You can find this info in ERROR.LOG file "Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b03f777$0$19300$426a34cc@news.free.fr... > Hello, > > I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would > return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is > 1433). > > Thanks for your help > Hi, ...

Routing between 2 Routing Groups
I have an organizatiion with 3 exchange servers. 2 routing groups RG1 has 2 servers RG2 has 1 server In RG1 Server 1 has a smtp connector for the organization, Server 2 is the local bridgehead server to connect to RG2. Every time users from RG1 on the server with the SMTP connector with mail to be delivered to the server in RG2 the mail goes out to the internet instead of thru the routing group connector. Is there a setting that will force internal mail to go thru the connector. Any help will be appreciated ...

invoice numbering #2
Hi, I am looking for a way to set automatic numbering for invoices i Excel. I would love suggestions....I would be delighted for a way to set up systems for a small business. Is there a way to do this in Excel?:) Thanks so much Debora -- Deborah J Doyl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Deborah J Doyle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3352 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55436 J.E. McGimpsey has some suggestions: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html ...

changing the number of month to view on calendar
can the number of months that can be seen be changed on the calendar view- at the moment we have one and the user wants 3! this is not the day/week/month bit but the small calendar on the left that shows an event by bolding the day number yes if you have 2003. Try this - go to the right most edge of the screen and when the cursor changes to arrow/line combination, drag to the left a long way. The Date Navigator is now as big as you want and is on the right. Can't do that and keep it on the left. If they don't want the TaskPad beneath it, drag the bottom of the Date Navigator...

mirror printing
Hi all. My wife is using Publisher 2003, on an XP-Home SP2 system. This evening she went to print a flyer she made and it printed in reverse. While I'm aware that one can set it to print in a mirrored format, I am unable to identify anything to stop this from happening. In checking the print drivers, all of the mirror settings are turned to off. In checking the page set up in Publisher, there is no option for her to perform a mirroring operation. I've checked the print preview and it shows as being correclty oriented. I.e., normal. But when I go to print the document, it's mir...

Generate Ranom Number
I want to generate random number between 0.2 and 0.5. I am using the formula: =randbetween(.2,.5) - it generates - 1. Any help will be greatly appreciated. =RAND()*(0.3)+0.2 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to generate random number between 0.2 and 0.5. I >am using the formula: > >=randbetween(.2,.5) - it generates - 1. > >Any help will be greatly appreciated. > >. > Ranbetween generates integers between the two limits. I would suggest you use "randbetween(2000,5000)/10000" or whatever number of significant places y...

criteria for filtering check boxes in a query
I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes. I need to know the formula for the criteria box On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:54:41 -0700, Desiree wrote: > I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes. I need to > know the formula for the criteria box What is "a permanent sort for columns using check boxes". Perhaps your terminology is clear to you, but I think you would do well to re-think and repost your question. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:38:03 -0700, Desir...

how do i average the 2 smallest number in a range of six numbers
I tried (small(a1:a6,1)+small(a1:a6,2)/2, but got an incorrect number. Is there problem with syntax, or perhaps another to accomplish what I am trying to achieve. Zetstrat Try: (small(a1:a6,1)+small(a1:a6,2))/2 or small(a1:a6,1)/2+small(a1:a6,2)/2 Regards Trevor "zetatstrat" <zetatstrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:063ED87E-D4C9-4088-AD9B-4BAD563C5A86@microsoft.com... >I tried (small(a1:a6,1)+small(a1:a6,2)/2, but got an incorrect number. > Is there problem with syntax, or perhaps another to accomplish what I am > trying to achieve....

Changing negative numbers
I am generating a report which contains negative numbers and positive numbers. After sorting I would like to format the cells so that it replaces all the negative numbers with a zero. Is there anyway to do this? You can add a column (say B), enter =ABS(A1), copy the entire column choose paste special and select values. This will give you positiv numbers. Then just copy to your original range. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ryan Try this Select the cells and use Edit>Replace Find what -* Replace with 0 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl &quo...

Routing #2
Corporate has decided to go with a global email system. Step 1: Corporate has setup an SMTP gateway to route all email destined for john.doe@xyz.com to the individual email servers. Step 2: Corporate will begin handling all email - individual companies will no longer handle their own servers. I am having problems with step 1. My email server (E2K3) handles email for abc.com. I have added @xyz.com to all AD accounts. I can send using @xyz.com address but can not receive any email for xyz.com. Corporate states that they are receiving email for john.doe@xyz.com (which resides on my s...

Mail Routing Question.
I have an Exchange 2003 Server. My client would like for all mail to be sent to the internet, no internal x400 mail. He wants this because he is away from the office quuite a bit and syncs his phone with the ISP, receives all external email, but none from his office. He does not have a compatible phone yet for Exchange Activesync. How would I set it up on the server to have all mail go through the Internet. Thank you. Keith Your question is a little confusing please clarify. SMTP is native to Exchange 2003 and while the X400 protocol is available by default it is not used. If you set...

Will not print exactly as print prviw, skps text, prints on eithr
And it didn't show up in the body of your post either. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:09:01 -0800, "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

footnote number not superscript in text
In one document of a multi-document project the footnote numbers are regular numbers like3 instead of superscript. I figured out how to change them individually, but I can't figure out what I did differently that caused this document to do the numbers differently, nor can I figure out how to change it back. I am using Word 2007. Thanks! Footnote numbers should have the Character Style "Footnote Reference" applied to them, and "Footnote Reference" normally contains nothing but Superscript format. Make sure that it's still that way in your Footnote Refere...

Does money 2004 checking and credit card accounts
When I pay my credit card in my checking account, I would like that payment amount to be posted as a credit in my credit card account. But these two accounts don't seem to communicate. How is this done?? Thanks You transfer money from your checking account to the credit card account and make the payment to the CC Company from the credit card account. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "larryfergy6" <...

miscellaneous check in currency other than functional
It would be great to be able to enter a miscellaneous check (Trx / Financial / Miscellaneous check) in a currency other then the functional currency. We receive a lot of comment from customer regarding this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

number entry
when i enter a number in a cell in excel 2003 worksheet appear in the cell as the number divide par 1000 e.g. I enter the number 1 in a cell when I <ENTER>, in the cell appear 0,001 Who can my help Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab there is a checkbox for Fixed Decimal. Uncheck that box. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "nieuws" <frits.vandezande@telenet.be> wrote in message news:xBTah.208347$d36.3120290@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > when i enter a number in a cell in excel 2003 worksheet appear in...