web-based MSN Money

Is the web-based version of Money equal in performance and ability to
regular Money Deluxe?  Has anyone used it?  Pros?  Cons?

Thanks,
Bob

0
rgb2 (13)
7/25/2003 1:46:16 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

Role-based authentication from active directory
Hello, I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the network (Active Directory) How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based) Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular page. Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this. Thanks On Feb 15, 8:31=A0pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda" <biranchi_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in t= he > network (Active Directory) > > H...

grouping mails based "read" status
I want to group mails based on the read status. UnRead mails should b one group and read messages in another group. I searched for th "Customizing Views", but I could not figure. Any idea from the group? Ramesh ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you can group by read status. You could sort by the Icon column... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to t...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

Set value based on dat entry in another form
Hi all, On my main entry form I have a check box ("Has Complaint") and when the user clicks on cmdAddComplaint (opening frmComplaint in add mode) the check box is set to true. If for some reason there is no complaint added and they close frmComplaint, returning to the main entry form, how can I reset the check box to false. Thank You, Nick Nick X <Nicknnator (no) @ (spam) aol.123com> wrote: >On my main entry form I have a check box ("Has Complaint") and when the user >clicks on cmdAddComplaint (opening frmComplaint in add mode) the check box is >set...

Microsoft money versie 5.0
Hallo, Wie kan mij helpen aan een copie van Microsoft Money Versie 5.0. Tot nu toe gebruikte ik altijd deze versie maar de CD kan ik niet meer vinden, en nu ik Windows 98 weer opnieuw geinstalleerd heb wil ik graag dit programma weer terug hebben. Jos My (machine) translation of this Dutch indicate that Jos is looking for a copy of Mv5 (M97 by my reckoning) to run on a Windows 98 system that was reinstalled. The Mv5 CD is lost. Pardon my lack of Dutch--but I'm a good guesser it that's what this is--are we talking about the US version? It will be very important for anyone who mi...

Combining MS Money files
Is there a way to combine/merge MS Money files (not accounts, but files) into one file that will display all acounts? -- FDR You will have to mentally designate one file as the master file and the export accounts from the other file to qif file format. Then import the files all together (use ctrl + click to select when asked which file to import) into the master file. Take backups of both files before you start! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I ha...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Problems using xs:anyAttribute in a base class
I using anyAttribute in a base class and this is causing problems in a derived class. I then use xsd to generate C# classes that serialize and deserialze XML. The following schema is what I'm using: <xs:complexType name="BaseType"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ObjectID" type="xs:integer" /> <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:anyAttribute processContents="strict" /> </xs:complexT...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

What is Money For ? #2
We will never see an end of ructions, we will never have a sane and steady administration until we gain an absolutely clear conception of money. I mean an absolutely not an approximately clear conception. I can, if you like, go back to paper money issued in China in or about A.D. 840, but we are concerned with the vagaries of the Western World. FIRST, Paterson, the founder of the Bank of England, told his shareholders that they would profit because "the bank hath profit on the interest of all the moneys which it creates out of nothing." What then is this "money" the banker ...

Updating selected area in OnPaint in a dialog based application
I have a rather difficult to explain issue and would try again if the information below is unclear. We have a dialog based application which consists of a few controls (3/4th screen) and a graphical area (1/4th screen). My job is to implement selection of any part of the screen and then either paste it in a document or print to the printer. I am able to implement selection of any part of the client area and then either copying it to the clipboard or sending it to printer. I have a problem with maintaining the selection after the window is re-painted for any reason. I am basically using PatBl...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Alternating color based on a group in 2007
I have a report that I woul like to alternate the color for each group in 2007 I thougth I knew how to do this but it is not working for me at all. Any suggestions Are you trying to alternate the color for each record? If so, open the report in design view, select the Detail section, and set the Alternate Back Color property. If you want to alternate the color for entire groups (not for each record), you could do that with a combination of Running Sum and either Conditional Formatting or Format event: 1. Place a text box in your Group Header, and give it these properties: Control S...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

Money 2004 user's guide
I need step by step instruction on how to print the user's guide for Money 2004 ...

OneNote and file server based shared notebooks
Hi all! I seem to be getting a known error. When Office 2007 SP2 was applied to some systems, the users can no longer set up a shared notebook if it is on a file server. After looking, the problem seems to occur only on file servers that have IIS (WebDav specifically) running. Our server does! I can create shared notebooks in SharePoint document libraries, and on file servers that are not running IIS. I found this article, but does anyone know if a patch or fix was ever released? http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/01/16/onenote-2007-sp1-can-t-create-noteb...

Problems with Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2003
Has anyone noticed any issues with OWA in 2003? I have had a few users where if they go into their regular Outlook, they see tons of mail from various senders in their inbox. However, when they go into their Outlook Web Access, they do not see all of that mail in their inbox. They may only see mail going to certain groups they are members of. I also have users in which if they open a new email in OWA, as soon as they close it, it disappears from their inbox. And it doesn't show up in their Deleted folder. In both cases, I can export their mailbox as a pst, delete and recreate their a...

Microsoft Money 98 #2
When I back up my Money 98 (2.1 MB) on a CD disk (by overwriting), it uses an aditional 16 MB, even though I only add one or two transactions. My operating system is Win XP. This is no big problem, as the the CDs are not expensive, but I would like to know why this happens. This doesn't occur when I back up other files. Any body know the answer? Glyn Simpson replied to you 24 hours ago. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com <Ortho4@yahoo.com> wro...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...