W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

I use Money to monitor all of my financial situations.  This year, I decided
to see how it did with supplying tax information.  "Poorly" is the answer.

I would expect the 'Tax Line Manager / W-2 / Your salary' and the 'Tax
Software Report / W-2 / Your salary' to show a figure that matches my 'W-2 /
Box 1' statement information.  They do not.

The reason is that the 'W-2 / Box 1' statement figure has pre-tax retirement
contributions subtracted from the wages.
When I enter my paycheck information into Money, I categorize retirement
contributions not with an established category, but as a 'Transfer' to an
investment cash account - which is actually what is occurring.  As Money
will not allow me to associate a tax line with transfers (only categories),
the transfer amount does not show up in any Money tax figure reporting and,
consequently, the 'Tax Line Manager / W-2 / Your salary' and the 'Tax
Software Report / W-2 / Your salary' figures are artificially high by the
pre-tax retirement contribution amount.

To my knowledge, I have followed all the rules in setting up Money, yet this
clearly does not work and seems to make the tax reporting aspect completely
useless.
How can Money possibly be used to reliably supply financial information to
tax preparation software?
----------
Besides changing the retirement contribution categorization from a
'Transfer' to an established category (with an associated tax line), does
anyone have any suggestions on how to make the tax reporting work properly?

Thanks,
Marc.

0
Alpha2 (3)
4/10/2005 12:14:32 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

And where did you enter these Transfers to an investment cash account? Also,
how are you dealing with 401k employer match money?

Money takes the amount on the Before Tax tab of your Paycheck transactions
and subtracts it from the amount on the first line of the Wages tab to
figure out the box 1 value.

"Marc" <Alpha2@Rochester.RR.com> wrote in message
>I use Money to monitor all of my financial situations.  This year, I
>decided to see how it did with supplying tax information.  "Poorly" is the
>answer.
>
> I would expect the 'Tax Line Manager / W-2 / Your salary' and the 'Tax
> Software Report / W-2 / Your salary' to show a figure that matches my 'W-2
> / Box 1' statement information.  They do not.
>
> The reason is that the 'W-2 / Box 1' statement figure has pre-tax
> retirement contributions subtracted from the wages.
> When I enter my paycheck information into Money, I categorize retirement
> contributions not with an established category, but as a 'Transfer' to an
> investment cash account - which is actually what is occurring.  As Money
> will not allow me to associate a tax line with transfers (only
> categories), the transfer amount does not show up in any Money tax figure
> reporting and, consequently, the 'Tax Line Manager / W-2 / Your salary'
> and the 'Tax Software Report / W-2 / Your salary' figures are artificially
> high by the pre-tax retirement contribution amount.
>
> To my knowledge, I have followed all the rules in setting up Money, yet
> this clearly does not work and seems to make the tax reporting aspect
> completely useless.
> How can Money possibly be used to reliably supply financial information to
> tax preparation software?
> ----------
> Besides changing the retirement contribution categorization from a
> 'Transfer' to an established category (with an associated tax line), does
> anyone have any suggestions on how to make the tax reporting work
> properly?

 M> How can Money possibly be used to reliably supply financial information
 M> to tax preparation software?

Use Money only to supply tax-related expenses - medical and such. Especially
if you have sch.C. Don't export to tax sotware anything that is reported to
you on w2, 1099, and all other forms.

Vadim Rapp

0
vr1 (47)
4/10/2005 4:48:20 PM
Mine has matched the W2 within a penny every year except 2004.  I went
back and found the error where I incorrectly handled the Social Security
change and corrected my entry.

I can vouch that it has worked correctly every year since 1999.

I must admit that I do enter my paycheck as the Taxable part and the
nontaxable part with them categorized.  I also enter a field for the
imputed tax on the life insurance benefit that they give me so that it
produces the correct number for that special field in the W-2.

If you enter your numbers correctly, Money does know how to add.  There
is a single precision floating point limit to Money so it is clear the
Bill does not use Money for his paycheck.  But for us mortals who earn
less than a billion a year, Money works fine.

Art

Marc wrote:
> I use Money to monitor all of my financial situations.  This year, I decided
> to see how it did with supplying tax information.  "Poorly" is the answer.
>
> I would expect the 'Tax Line Manager / W-2 / Your salary' and the 'Tax
> Software Report / W-2 / Your salary' to show a figure that matches my 'W-2 /
> Box 1' statement information.  They do not.
>
> The reason is that the 'W-2 / Box 1' statement figure has pre-tax retirement
> contributions subtracted from the wages.
> When I enter my paycheck information into Money, I categorize retirement
> contributions not with an established category, but as a 'Transfer' to an
> investment cash account - which is actually what is occurring.  As Money
> will not allow me to associate a tax line with transfers (only categories),
> the transfer amount does not show up in any Money tax figure reporting and,
> consequently, the 'Tax Line Manager / W-2 / Your salary' and the 'Tax
> Software Report / W-2 / Your salary' figures are artificially high by the
> pre-tax retirement contribution amount.
>
> To my knowledge, I have followed all the rules in setting up Money, yet this
> clearly does not work and seems to make the tax reporting aspect completely
> useless.
> How can Money possibly be used to reliably supply financial information to
> tax preparation software?
> ----------
> Besides changing the retirement contribution categorization from a
> 'Transfer' to an established category (with an associated tax line), does
> anyone have any suggestions on how to make the tax reporting work properly?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc.

0
art4580 (318)
4/10/2005 6:30:58 PM
Thanks for your reply.

When I enter my paystub information into my Money checking account ledger, I
use a split entry for each paystub line - wage or deduction - and let Money
do the math.  As the retirement amount is not actually a deduction (such as
a tax), but rather a deferral, I enter this a transfer to my 401(k) cash
account.

401(k) employer match funds are handled similarly.  There is a categorized
split entry line item adding the match amount, and a corresponding
'Transfer' line item subtracting and transferring the same match amount to
my 401(k) cash account.  After the math, the employer matching amount is
zero in the checking account.

I think you'll agree that this models the actual cash flow.

----------

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you mean in your second paragraph.
I am not aware of any "Before Tax tab".

Please note that I am using Money 2004.

message news:O4brA2cPFHA.2144@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> And where did you enter these Transfers to an investment cash account?
> Also, how are you dealing with 401k employer match money?
>
> Money takes the amount on the Before Tax tab of your Paycheck transactions
> and subtracts it from the amount on the first line of the Wages tab to
> figure out the box 1 value.
>
> "Marc" <Alpha2@Rochester.RR.com> wrote in message
>>I use Money to monitor all of my financial situations.  This year, I
>>decided to see how it did with supplying tax information.  "Poorly" is the
>>answer.
>>
>> I would expect the 'Tax Line Manager / W-2 / Your salary' and the 'Tax
>> Software Report / W-2 / Your salary' to show a figure that matches my
>> 'W-2 / Box 1' statement information.  They do not.
>>
>> The reason is that the 'W-2 / Box 1' statement figure has pre-tax
>> retirement contributions subtracted from the wages.
>> When I enter my paycheck information into Money, I categorize retirement
>> contributions not with an established category, but as a 'Transfer' to an
>> investment cash account - which is actually what is occurring.  As Money
>> will not allow me to associate a tax line with transfers (only
>> categories), the transfer amount does not show up in any Money tax figure
>> reporting and, consequently, the 'Tax Line Manager / W-2 / Your salary'
>> and the 'Tax Software Report / W-2 / Your salary' figures are
>> artificially high by the pre-tax retirement contribution amount.
>>
>> To my knowledge, I have followed all the rules in setting up Money, yet
>> this clearly does not work and seems to make the tax reporting aspect
>> completely useless.
>> How can Money possibly be used to reliably supply financial information
>> to tax preparation software?
>> ----------
>> Besides changing the retirement contribution categorization from a
>> 'Transfer' to an established category (with an associated tax line), does
>> anyone have any suggestions on how to make the tax reporting work
>> properly?

0
Alpha2 (3)
4/11/2005 2:04:54 AM
Yes, I agree it models the cash flow. But it doesn't model the nature of
before tax vs. after tax deductions; this is data not implicit in just
knowing the cash flow. You say you are not aware of the "Before Tax" tab.
Therein lies your problem. Money provides a mechanism for you to tell it
this information and you are not using/aware of it. But we can fix that.

You need to use a Paycheck transaction type. It does what you are doing in
that it lets you categorize and record split entries for all of the wage,
before tax, tax, and after tax entries from your stub. Since it knows
"before tax" items as such, it can reduce your Wage income to a Taxable Wage
amount, ala W-2 Box 1.

To enter a Paycheck, start a transaction and categorize the top level using
the Paycheck Special Category. It will pop up a dialog box that will make
all more clear. Once you see it, the rest of this discussion will make more
sense. You might also want to read up on Paycheck in on-line help or look at
one in the sample file.

As to employer matching, there is a special issue in how you enter these
because of how Money applies the Before Tax total (from your Paycheck split
entries) to offset the amount on the first line of the wages tab when
figuring W-2 Box 1 income. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=14 for more
info on how to do this in a way that works with Money tax
reporting/estimating. See
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/5e42b83de8748a9a
for the rationale behind this. (Gee, I hate google's new message IDs.)

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> When I enter my paystub information into my Money checking account ledger,
> I use a split entry for each paystub line - wage or deduction - and let
> Money do the math.  As the retirement amount is not actually a deduction
> (such as a tax), but rather a deferral, I enter this a transfer to my
> 401(k) cash account.
>
> 401(k) employer match funds are handled similarly.  There is a categorized
> split entry line item adding the match amount, and a corresponding
> 'Transfer' line item subtracting and transferring the same match amount to
> my 401(k) cash account.  After the math, the employer matching amount is
> zero in the checking account.
>
> I think you'll agree that this models the actual cash flow.
>
> ----------
>
> I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you mean in your second paragraph.
> I am not aware of any "Before Tax tab".
>
> Please note that I am using Money 2004.

Well, how about that!  How embarrassing.  I looked all over the program,
except at the data entry.
This certainly resolves my problem.

Thank you very much for pointing this out.  I'll start using it immediately.

message news:eIHp%23UkPFHA.2468@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Yes, I agree it models the cash flow. But it doesn't model the nature of
> before tax vs. after tax deductions; this is data not implicit in just
> knowing the cash flow. You say you are not aware of the "Before Tax" tab.
> Therein lies your problem. Money provides a mechanism for you to tell it
> this information and you are not using/aware of it. But we can fix that.
>
> You need to use a Paycheck transaction type. It does what you are doing in
> that it lets you categorize and record split entries for all of the wage,
> before tax, tax, and after tax entries from your stub. Since it knows
> "before tax" items as such, it can reduce your Wage income to a Taxable
> Wage amount, ala W-2 Box 1.
>
> To enter a Paycheck, start a transaction and categorize the top level
> using the Paycheck Special Category. It will pop up a dialog box that will
> make all more clear. Once you see it, the rest of this discussion will
> make more sense. You might also want to read up on Paycheck in on-line
> help or look at one in the sample file.
>
> As to employer matching, there is a special issue in how you enter these
> because of how Money applies the Before Tax total (from your Paycheck
> split entries) to offset the amount on the first line of the wages tab
> when figuring W-2 Box 1 income. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=14 for
> more info on how to do this in a way that works with Money tax
> reporting/estimating. See
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/5e42b83de8748a9a
> for the rationale behind this. (Gee, I hate google's new message IDs.)
>
> "Marc" <Alpha2@Rochester.RR.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> When I enter my paystub information into my Money checking account
>> ledger, I use a split entry for each paystub line - wage or deduction -
>> and let Money do the math.  As the retirement amount is not actually a
>> deduction (such as a tax), but rather a deferral, I enter this a transfer
>> to my 401(k) cash account.
>>
>> 401(k) employer match funds are handled similarly.  There is a
>> categorized split entry line item adding the match amount, and a
>> corresponding 'Transfer' line item subtracting and transferring the same
>> match amount to my 401(k) cash account.  After the math, the employer
>> matching amount is zero in the checking account.
>>
>> I think you'll agree that this models the actual cash flow.
>>
>> ----------
>>
>> I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you mean in your second
>> paragraph. I am not aware of any "Before Tax tab".
>>
>> Please note that I am using Money 2004.

0
Alpha2 (3)
5/7/2005 8:04:30 PM
Glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes the good stuff hides
in plain sight.

> Well, how about that!  How embarrassing.  I looked all over the program,
> except at the data entry.
> This certainly resolves my problem.
>
> Thank you very much for pointing this out.  I'll start using it
> immediately.

Customer Statements print bold large font every 2 pages. Unreadabl
Any Ideas as to what could cause the Customer Statements to print very bold large font on every other page? it seems all the odd numbered pages print correctly. But all the even numbered pages print with a very large bold font that doesnt fit the page. I have a snapshot of what the pages look like. I can forward via email if you'd prefer to see a picture. All help is appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_05B3_01C77605.F0DA2250 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Andy, Do you hav...

Updates have been failing for almost 2 years
Hello, I have been having some problems with windows update for almost 2 yrs. All the updates that try to install fails and gives me the error code: 800719E4. I tried to install about 45 updates just today and every single one failed and gave this error code. At first I was thinking that my internet security program might have put up a firewall and blocked those, but that isn't the case. I have looked over the other discussions about this problem but they don't seem to help me. I was told that I may need the system update Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista before it will...

ms Money w/o seb?
can i run MSmoney2004 without a web connection? Absolutely yes. You will not be able to download stock prices or information from your bank, but there are other ways of inputting that information - like from paper! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:126f301c3f627$089696b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > can i run MSmoney2004 without a web connection? > ...

CRM 1.2 and Exchange 2003 on Same Server
I need to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS 03 server. In the past I have had issues running CRM and OWA on the same machine, because CRM takes the default site. This caused problems for me with OWA. If any one has any input on this it will be greatly appreciated -- Thank you in advance Either add a second IP address to the server and use that for the CRM site. Or enable the use of Host Headers, and use a unique host header for each site. Then create a DNS alias for each Host header, Use that to Call up CRM or OWA. -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Oh...

how do i square all items in a colums w/out doinf it one-by-one?
I used the random number generator to generate 1000 numbers. Now I want to square all 1000 items but obviously I dont want to do it one-by-one. How can I do this instantly? Hi Excellent Person. Try: '============>> Sub SquareEm() Dim Rng As Range Dim rCell As Range Set Rng = Selection For Each rCell In Rng.Cells rCell.Value = rCell.Value ^ 2 Next rCell End Sub '<<============ If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's 'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at: http://www...

It was an okay movie. Josh Brolin was pretty good. "dadspeed" <dadspeed@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:eeQdljYpJHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... : : ...

Office 2008 v12.1.0 to v12.2.0 upgrade fails and creates corrupt Office installation.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel So here's my story. I upgraded to Snow Leopard from Leopard on my macbook pro. (MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo late 2006 model) I was running Office 2004 under Leopard. Office 2004 worked under Snow Leopard but slowly. Decided to upgrade to Office 2008 since it works faster under Intel based macs and found a $120 upgrade online. But before I purchased the software I downloaded the trial version of Office 2008. The trial installs v12.0.0 of Office 2008 and then applies SP1, SP2 and finally update v12.2.1. ...

where are contacts w update?
Installed 2010 beta version and don't see any contacts from outlook 2002. Using XP. "brucerx" <brucerx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79F085C6-F148-4B8B-8441-A230A89FFB0B@microsoft.com... > Installed 2010 beta version and don't see any contacts from outlook 2002. > Using XP. All help and support for Beta 2010 should come from the forums specifically set up for that purpose. You received information on the web site location when you downloaded the Office 2010 beta program. ...

Tables Update Interrupted #2
What does this mean? The accountant was in the process of posting this batch and the above status of the batch comes up. I went into batch recovery, now the status is marked. rcr, Somehow that particular batch got marked. Asking the user to log out and logging in back sometimes take away the marked status. If it doesn't, Go to SQL, Run the following query against DYNAMICS Database UPDATE SY00800 SET MKDTOPST = 0 WHERE BATCHID = "XXX" --REPLACE THE BATCH ID WITH YOUR BATCH Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "rcr" wrote: > What does this mean? The accountant was in...

Auto send #2
Is it possible to have Outlook auto send an email every thursday. Further, is it possible to automatically add 2 cells from an excel worksheet into this email? If so, any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks Does this page work for you: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jeff <simplyme12097@hotmail.com> asked: | Is it possi...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

data tables #2
I have a modest spreadsheet i'm using for a linear programming problem which computes five results from two inputs. I am trying to automate the process so i don't have to manually change the inputs and then transfer the outputs by hand. THE data table function would do the trick but i can't figure out what to use for the function. the functional dependences are not easily describable with a formula like x,y=f(a,b,c,d,e) that can be entered into one cell. Rather they are buried in the formulas that make up the spreadsheet. I tried using "scenarios" but the manu...

How to Restrict Outlook to send mail only within my company domain #2
Is there a feature, rule, tool, add-in, or macro that will ask me to confirm before I send email outside my comany? On more than one occassion, I meant to send private messages to person@mycompany.com and outlook autocomplete sent it to person@anothercompany.com instead. So is there a way to prescan outgoing messages and pop up an 'are you sure' message box if there is any addressee not in the mycompany.com domain? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Problem install Office 2000 in Win XP SP 2
Dear all, Please help me how to solve Office 2000 installation error in WinXP SP2. I got the following error message : msiexec.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Installer terminated prematurely. Installer ended prematurely because of an error. Thanks. Chlaris I'd reccomend using a current version of Access sorry M$ subjects us all to 'planned obsolescence' "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ujnbIFhtHHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > Please help me how to solve Office 2000 installation e...

Add 31 records w/ consecutive dates w/ command button?
Thank you for any help! I’ve read the forums and don’t understand most of the postings since I don’t know how to program code. I have an Access ‘03 DB with “Tbl Volunteer Opportunities” that has a field named [Date]. The events we track occur daily for about three months into the future. It’s tedious entering each date individually. I added a command button and, when clicked, would like for it to automatically add one new record for each new day of the next month (or just 31 days out). I know how to get to the Private Sub Command for the button but that’s as far as I can ge...

Array formulas #2
Hi, I am new to aray formulas and im finding them very handy however i a finding that they slow the spreadsheet up alot and calculations no take some time to run. Is this normal and is there anything i can do/try -- ceem ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ceemo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1065 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37395 Yes, that is the drawback of array formulas, here are some info http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom &...

Customize Report Name
I have a report which is sent as an attachment dynamically when cmdUpdate_click event occurs. I would like to customize the title of the report to include the flightdate and platform fields i.e. Summary-747-08/13/07. I have been able to change the subject to match the info. But I would like the actual report to be able to be saved immediately by the recipient so the document name is important! -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M ...

Audit Trials
Suggested on behalf of Paul Farkas - TGO Consulting Inc. (9054706830): "I would like to make a Prodcut Suggestion that in a future release of this functionality, the ability to delete user access be available through the Dynamics interface. I am sure that many organizations will set up user access by mistake or will change their minds as to who they grant audit access to." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane....

Functions #2
I have two columns, column A having the date and column B having amount for that date. I can get the minimum amount > 0 in column B, but I can't get the date that corresponds with the minimum amount > 0. =INDEX(A1:A12,MATCH(SMALL(B1:B12,COUNTIF(B1:B12,0) +1),B1:B12,0)) Change the ranges if necessary. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have two columns, column A having the date and column B >having amount for that date. I can get the minimum amount >> 0 in column B, but I can't get the date that corresponds >with the minimum amount &g...

Import Option Grayed out #2
Tryin to import an Address Book file that I exported from Outlook Express into Outlook 2000 From Outlook Help files: To import an address book from another program You can import address book contacts from other Windows Address Book files (.wab), as well as from Netscape Communicator, Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book, or any text (.csv) file. For Windows Address Book files: 1.. In Address Book, on the File menu, point to Import, and then click Address Book (WAB). But the Import option is grayed out! Why? -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn office of Gregg B. Creighton, Ar...

Report that print the items of the transaction
How can I have the Detail Sales Report include the discounts, paymentsm etc to the transaction? I want to have the report with details displayed as in F4 (obviously in plain text). Hi RicoTowers The discounts are already included in the Detailed Sales report - use the Show/Hide Columns feature to see discount reason codes (you must be tracking these) for items discounted on a sale - also, you will see both retail price and sold price (after any discounts) by checkmarking these columns. You cannot display payment information in the detailed sales report as there is no relationship be...

filter report from listbox without having to select any
I have a listbox which dynamically shows records when i enter criteria in a texbox using the textbox's on change event After that i want like to be able to filter a report based on the records that are currently displayed in the listbox without having to select any. Just the ones i can see at the moment. I allready have the code which gives me the ones that are selected and i need to modify it in case i dont select anything Code below------ Private Sub Command22_Click() Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected strWhere = strWhere & Me.L...

retrieving connection string w/ ConfigurationManager w/C#
I am trying to store and retrieve connection string info from config file and I am having trouble retrieving the connection string info. I stored the info with the following: Configuration config = null; config = ConfigurationManager.OpenExeConfiguration(ConfigurationUserLevel.None ); config.ConnectionStrings.ConnectionStrings.Add( new ConnectionStringSettings( "MyConfigurationString", "Server=local;Database=Test;Password=password;User Id=john;" ) ); config.Save(); I then remove the Add method and use the following try to retrie...

Conditional formatting... #2
Can I apply a conditional format to one cell based on results of a different cell? And if so, how? Yes. To learn about conditional formatting, check out Debra Dalgleish's website: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can I apply a conditional format to one cell based on results of a different >cell? And if so, how? >. > ...

Using MNY file on 2 different computers
Hi, How can I use my money file on two computers? I want to be able to have it on my home pc and my work pc but when I copy the .mny files and try to open it on my work pc, it ask me do I want to upgrade my files to v2005 and I am already running version 2005 on my home pc. Any ideas??? Money files are Money version-specific. In M05, they are now Money service-level-specific. "Anthony Boyd" <anthony@boydonline.us> wrote in message news:evwN5FO%23EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I use my money file on two computers? I want to be able to have it > on m...